Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Terrible playback with LUTs in Premiere Pro 14.5

When using LUTs in Lumetri, playback performance becomes really poor - like, stuck at 10-12fps consistently. Overall responsiveness drops as well. This is especially true with "heavier" LUTs and when using them in an adjustment layer.

Any version of Pr Pro 2020 beyond 14.3.1 exhibits this issue, so it's been around for a while. I was bummed to find that the issue is still present in 14.5 because the GPU accelerated decoding for H.264/265 media is an excellent addition.

Anyone know if Adobe is looking into this bug?

General notes:

I've noticed this problem on multiple systems (specs below)

It…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Improve scrubbing/fast forwarding performance with these 3 ideas!

Scrubbing and Fast Forwarding performance is often painfully slow.

Here's an example by Jayme Cowley Media Co. of scrubbing performance in Pr vs Resolve: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilPUc22itSA. The associated FR he posted mentions the problem but doesn't offer any specific solutions.

Here are 3 improvements that could greatly enhance scrubbing and fast forwarding in Pr:

1. SCRUBBING/FF RESOLUTION: In addition to being able to set the Payback and Paused Resolution in the Source/Program Monitor's wrench menus, it would be great to also be able to specify the resolution that's used when scrubbing or Fast Forwarding in the Timeline or Source Monitor. This…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Premiere Pro(Beta) Black frames

Premiere Pro (Beta)-build 25 on Mac mini M1-Editing video from Sony EX3-1920x1080 29.97 and I'm getting black frames on playback. eventually many errors saying error retrieving frame.
    The file works fine in Premiere Pro

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Continue playing when moving playhead

It would be great if, when I move the playhead and I've pressed play, if I then move the playhead somewhere else by clicking, it would simply continue playing from the new place. Please.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. MPEG2 IBP Program stream files give "frame substitution recursion attempt" error

There is an inconsistency in the way Premiere Pro CC 2019 and Premiere Pro CC 2020 index MPEG2 IBP Program stream files.
    Files that are perfectly playable on the timeline in CC 2019 give "frame substitution recursion attempt" error on the timeline and preview in 2020.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Premiere losing renders

So this has happened about 4 times on a feature concert film for me. I leave the renders going overnight, in this case, 8 lines of video, 5 are .braw. I save and quit. Reopen Premiere Pro. About half of the clips remain green, the others are yellow again. And with the new stabilize bug in 2020, the frame goes all crazy shifted to the upper left until it's rendered. And the .braw raw tab doesn't work with the offical blackmagic plugin and premiere. Hmm. This is 3 bugs in one post.

Send help.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Change Default Timeline Playback Speed

A large portion of my recent work has been editing steam VODS. Long, 2 to 3 hour videos that take absolutely forever to edit through. However, to make the process faster, I like to play at 2x speed. Currently, changing the playback speed like this can only be accomplished using the J and L keys to speed up or slow down the playback. This works if you want to watch it over as a whole, but for me at times you may need to pause continuously throughout the video to add a cut or two. then, when you resume playback,…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. No video playback or preview in Program or Source monitor v14.8

Premiere won't playback video on program or source monitor and won't even update the playhead when using version 14.8. It'll either display this light grey box or just the same dark grey as the rest of the UI, but moving the playhead around, pressing start/stop etc does nothing.

I think it may be a unique thing with my graphics card but still, this has never happened in any version before it.

Computer specs:
    CPU: AMD FX-8350
    MOBO: M5A99FX PRO R2.0
    GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7800
    RAM: 24GB DDR3

If I change the video rendering and playback option from the Mercury…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Interpret footage changes should apply to Proxy files

At present when we change the frame rate of a file using "Interpret Footage" the change isn't applied to the corresponding proxy file.

I think this is a ig handicap and the work arounds seem unnecessary and time consuming.

I would strongly suggest correcting this so when we change a batch of files suing interpret footage it automatically applies to the proxy files.
    Thank you!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Improve playback performance of still images

Problem: Currently playback lags significantly whenever an JPG image at its full resolution (6000x4000) is added to the timeline despite selecting 1/4 or 1/8 playback quality or changing playback settings. Playback stops completely when motion effects are applied (like scale/position changes).
    Problem occurs even on a computer that handles 100mbit 4K videos at Full playback resolution without problems.

Expectation: Since an image is just 1 frame, it actually should be easier for computer to handle it and I would expect a smooth playback. It would be fine to also see it at reduced quality, because currently, reducing playback quality does…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Playback issues using 4k videos

I'm having issues playing clips that are in 4k formats. I'm able to play the videos on my laptop just fine but once I put them in Premier Pro there's a huge lag. I tried creating Proxies for the videos and it didn't work. I also tried lowering the resolution and that didn't work also. I was able to edit 4k videos on the previous version but ever since I updated the app I have not been able to playback the videos properly.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Footage at different framerates should scrub smoother

after interpreting footage or any footage that is already converted from a higher frame should playback normal when scrubbing. often footage will playback the wrong point in the footage randomly when scrubbing making it difficult to pull selx

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. player instabil. Pr 14.8

facts:
    win10, radeon card

error:
    sometimes player works and sometimes not. No playback in resource an record player, no picture in that, no playback in timeline. If I want to exit Pr it freezes. If it works than is an green-frame effect in picture.

graphic card is up to date.

in generell I tried to play between software and GPU Player.

Help. Pr 14.8 is like an errors of labyrinth.

Thx
    Katja

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. background rendering for render and replace and caching for mogrts

if render and replace could work on the background you could focus on teaking some arameters while you work with mogrts cause they almost never play back smoothly you always have to render them in the first place
    also could use some background caching to disk like after effects does

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. AUDIO VIDEO OUT OF SYNC

Audio and Video out of sync when played back in H264. Tried re installing Premiere Pro, re-installed Video Drivers, created new project with out success. These have synced perfectly for the last 2 years, what is causing this sync problem.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Alexa Mini Log/Rec709 Bug

I imported several clips from a day of shooting and some are Log C while others have a Rec709 look burnt in. No masterclip effects on any and the disable button is greyed out. In finder they are all Log.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Alexa Mini Log/Rec709 Bug

I imported several clips from a day of shooting and some are Log C while others have a Rec709 look burnt in. No masterclip effects on any and the disable button is greyed out. In finder they are all Log.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. blue tooth

Some blue tooth head phones don't sync with the timeline.
    This can be improved.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. More zoom options in the program monitor.

We should have the ability to use alt scroll wheel to zoom in and zoom beyond 400%.

Precise masking is often too hard at 400% and I shouldn't have to rely on the use of an after effects composition to create that required mask that I could otherwise make in the program monitor.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Full screen viewing not working in Big Sur

Since updating to Big Sur, one feature I use a lot is the 'Toggle Full Screen' shortcut. this does not function properly in Big Sur. When you toggle full screen, it stops playback in the program monitor, but continues audio playback, metering and timeline scrubbing. Very annoying bug to have when working mobile on a laptop, please patch this!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base