Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Timeline lock button for live playouts so stops autosave and background activity

If there is a function in Premiere already then my apologise but this will be super helpful for short notice hot rolls

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Color shift during playback

After color correcting, the color shifts during playback unless playback resolution is set to FULL.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. multicam playback stops when switching camera

Bug report: Playback stops when switching camera on a multicam sequence.

Setup: Windows 10 + Premiere 15.4.1

Make a sequence with sync-ed footage. Insert this sequence in another 'master' sequence and enable Multicam editing. Enable Multicam view in Program panel.

Grab a coin and flip it in the air. If it did between 17 and 23 rotations or between 36 and 41 rotations, then you'll encounter the bug.

Normal workflow would be to start playback and hit the number keys to add an edit and switch to another camera.
    But sometimes, you'll hit a number key and playback stops. The…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Make it function properly with Metal

Without OpenCL support, and relying on Metal or Software Only rendering, I get no real-time playback whatsoever with .mxf clips with one instance of Red Giant Colorista applied - even at quarter resolution. A massive number of frames are being dropped, with only occasional bursts of real-time performance.

This is with 4K source footage in an HD Sequence, both at the same frame rate of 23.976. I get better results with 29.97 source footage in a 29.97 sequence.

IDK if this matters or should matter, but I'm a full-time editing professional who uses the Adobe CC daily to make my…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. program monitor bug

After updating to 15.0, the program monitor adds glitches to my imported files. I tried 'replace footage', re-importing via media browser / file > import / dragging into project. I even created a new project and it does the same thing. It also affects the final export. Files and exports were fine before this update.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Audio doesn't play back when loop playback is enabled and the playback jumps back to the beginning.

As the title describes, audio does not playback when loop playback is enabled and the playback goes back to the beginning. This basically defeats the purpose of having a loop playback option, as I am trying to create a seamless looping video but there's no audio without me pausing playback and restarting it. Rendering out the sequence does not fix this either.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Bug Report: Speed Issues in Premiere 2020

Any speed change that brings a clip over 100% speed results in choppy playback.

84 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

82 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Stuttering Video Playback Due to Incorrect Audio Input Settings

On Windows 10 PP2021, any video file would stutter in playback.

Seems to have been due to a mis-configuration between the microphone input capability on my system and the configured of audio sample rate and bit depth on the mic input.

Originally, on a fresh install, premiere defaulted to:
    Input - 2 ch 32 bit 44.1kHz
    Output - 2 ch 32 bit 48 kHz

Setting input to "No input" resolved the playback issue with output set to the above 32bit-48kHz setting.

Matching input and output to:
    2 ch 24 bit 48 kHz

Resolved the playback issue as well.

Again, seems…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. play all frames option (don't skip for the rush of real time)

here is the feature request:
    we increasingly have complex timelines filled with MoGRTS on several tracks and hitting play results that the program monitor just jumps through the time and you must set in outs and set on loop to playback just to see if the animation goes as expected. Why can't we just have an option to set play every frame? Until it's rendered don't go to the next one. So it could be just like in After Effects

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. re-locate missing previews

Please add the possibility to re-link/locate previews when go missing. When a media is missing we can re-link/locate it. Sometimes (quite often) premiere loses the link to preview files, even if they are still present on hard drive. This is very frustrating and very time-consuming for certain projects. Please add the possibility to re-locate missing preview files. Thanks

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. bug fix Unresponsive timeline interface & lagging of mouse and keyboard input

Nesting videos cause the timeline interface to not respond to my keyboard and mouse inputs.

nesting 4k .mov footage in a HD sequence causes a periodic error to come up when scrubbing in the timeline where Premiere does not let me click on videos on the timeline and pressing hotkeys or space bar does not do anything.

I am on 15.2. build 35

Further discussing about this
    https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/unresponsive-timeline-interface-and-lagging-of-mouse-and-keyboard-input/m-p/12183185#M357472

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. premiere v15.0 bug report, playback via black magic

Windows 10

Premiere v15.0

32GB Ram

i7-9700k stock settings

Asus Prime 2390 with thunderbolt

GTX 1080 ti

Thunderbolt ex3 card to UltraStudio Minimonitor via Thunderbolt cable

Ultrastudio to Flanders Display via SDI

I'm working in a 1080p timeline with Red 8k footage @ 23.976. I have proxies attached at ProResLT @ 1080p. Proxies are toggled on.

When I do trimming, i.e. roll, slip, etc. The playback becomes overwhelmed and starts to lag. Overwrite and insert edits are not a problem. If I trim too fast, like lots of trims in a row, premiere eventually crashes, as does the whole system.…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Showing result of media encoder

Showing the result of media encoder while rendering. Actually a little preview - would be nice to monitor rendering in fullscreen and/or via mercury playback on the sdi monitor.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Video Playback is buffering and skipping

The video playback in premiere pro is a nightmare. I'm trying to edit GoPro HERO 8 footage and DJI Phantom 4 Pro footage and neither are playing back smoothly.

It's not a delay until you can edit the footage, that would be okay, it's literally lagging, then skipping in between the video almost like showing pictures rather video footage.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Disappearing BG

Bug since last patch. Sometimes the background disappears after closing a project. Any fix to this? As you can see on the photo that i have already resized the upper layer to 80* and the BG at 100% yet its still not appearing.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Bug: Previewing a clip where the video is sped up and reversed confuses the real time rendering when it hits a cut in the audio

How to reproduce:
    1) Ungroup the Audio and Video tracks.
    2) Cut part of the Audio of a source into a small clip (my sample was about 2 seconds long)
    3) Clip a much longer part of video (mine in this case was approximately 5 or 6 times longer)
    4) Use Speed/Duration to set the Video clip's length to match that of the Audio clip, and turn on reverse (note: it's very possible that the bug is simply the speed/duration itself or just reverse, and not both)
    5) Line up the audio and video in the timeline by themselves.
    6)…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Hide Mousepointer when fullscreen playback

Automatically hide the mouse pointer on a fullscreen playback screen. Now, we always have to move the mouse to any corner when watching in fullscreen.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Scrub wheel

I have been using Premiere Pro for a number of years now, but I used Premiere Elements before that. I used the scrub wheel to sync audio and video clips quickly and with precision. Unless I am missing something, it is much harder to do this precisely with PP. Also, I can speed it up, but not slow it down. Also needed to precisely sync audio and video clips.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. DVD and BluRay Authoring for Wedding and Dance Recital Videographers

You already know the issue, many people have posted about it. For some reason I was shut out of my old trusty copy of Adobe Encore, and I'm now not able to create DVDs and BluRays for my clients. I understand that Encore was dropped for some reason, and I'm sure there was a good reason. But how in the world have you not created an alternative yet? You have such comprehensive software for every aspect of the video production workflow, but then don't offer a way to burn the project to DVD or BluRay? It boggles the mind. PLEASE…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base