Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. "I-frame first" fast seeking for inter frame compressed video files

When you are "seeking," (which means QUICKLY looking through a long video by clicking and dragging the playhead with the cursor,) there is sometimes very high "prefetch latency," meaning that frames will load slowly, resulting in very few frames being shown. This can make it very difficult to find what you're looking for.

But when seeking, perfect frame accuracy is not nearly as important as seeing what you're doing. Therefore, to reduce the "prefetch latency," I suggest that the nearest I-frame is loaded and displayed FIRST, (because I-frames are always the fastest to load) while the exact B or P…

209 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

22 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Taran and everyone subscribed to the thread,

first of all: thanks for the incredibly detailed suggestion and the great conversation in the comments. While making such a change for the playback engine has a ton of implications and therefore isn’t done ad hoc, we’re certainly going to create a POC for it and will evaluate if there’s a way to put this into a production build for a test drive in an upcoming beta version.

I’ll keep you posted.

Cheers,
    Patrick

2. BUG: Playback in timeline wont stop when moving at double speed or more (v22)

in the newest update (v22) of premiere pro, when you shuttle right in the sequence at double speed, (or more) the playback won't stop, even when shuttle stop is pressed. Adobe premiere acts normally otherwise, (you can save and quit) but it will still keep playing at that speed. Even closing the sequence doesn't make it stop. You have to close out of the app and then re open the project.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Premiere Pro 22.0 - Preview window tearing (V-sync). Need to be fixed.

Hi!
    I've heard I am not the only one to have this issue. Preview window in Premiere Pro 22.0 is terribly tearing. Like some kind of V-sync bug. It's not there on ver. 15.1.0. Though it's still has bugs.
    I have read everything. I turned on/off/what ever else V-sync in my Nvidia control panel for Premiere. Turned on/off GPU for previews in proj settings. Forced the system to use different video adapters for Premiere. Nothing. Tearing. Even on pre-rendered clips. Even without any effects applied. On Full resolution, "High quality" preview settings. No matter if it's Low-res HD footage or…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Mercury playback gives nasty lines in video. Been like this since Pr21. Pr20 works fine..

Footage breaks in mercury playback at my 3rd monitor. Its just like a millisecond, and i only when i play the timeline. Never in paused. I first stressed that my Eizo monitor was broken, but migrated back to Pr 2020 and everything was fine. I've been holding on to Premiere 2020 for this main reason, and updated now to the long term supported 21 version, but issue still remains. Super annoying. Cant really have clients watch this.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Captions in Premiere 2021 timeline is lagging

I work in a projects with a lot of captions. I have timelines with 30 to 70 minutes with captions.

Zoomed out to the whole timeline and visible captions my timeline starts to lag BIG time. The timeline zoomed in works just fine. Hiding the captions is also ok.

Imac Pro 2017

32 GHz 8-core Xeon W

64 GB 2666 DDR4

Radeon Pro Vegas 64X 16GB

extra monitor Apple 2,5K

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Fast Playback in Premiere Pro v22

I've noticed a bug with Premiere Pro 2022 when it comes to fast forwarding in timeline playback (L twice on the keyboard)

I try to fast forward play and after a moment, Premiere stops displaying video, Continues with its audio and bricks the program completely. Usually I'm unable to stop playback and am forced to cycle through different apps until it decides to stop playing.

I'm on a 2021 Intel Mac.
    1/4 Playback Resolution.

It had worked perfectly in Premiere 2021

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. A button to help with broadcasting directly from the editing suite

There are cases in news broadcasting where you can not make it in time for your news piece to air and you have to broadcast live from your timeline via SDI for example. In this case it would be helpful to have an option or a button to help make Premiere ready for that so when you know you are going to broadcast live from your Premiere timeline you can just press that button and it automatically suppresses every action that could interfere with your broadcast, for example auto-saving. This would help with the pressure of situations like this and…

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Premiere Pro CC 2022 - Video Preview Crash

I've been using this new version of Premiere Pro for a couple of days and it seems to have a lot of bugs, at least on my computer. I already reinstalled, cleared the preferences, installed an older version and even so the software crashes and simply don't play the preview video. The button stucks and won't play the timeline, I can save the project when that happens, but every time I'm working on some project, old or new, after 20/30 minutes the playback stucks.
    I'm also having this problem on the export options, and when rendering on Media Enconder 2022,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. The preview in Premiere really is worst! How can animators work with a preview which is dragging despite of following all norms?

The preview in Premiere really is the worst! How can animators work with a preview which is dragging despite following all norms? Its really frustrating in fast track agencies to have this issue pending for years. At least they should have fixed smooth preview for 1/6 resolution

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Fix the glitchy playback issues for sony fx3/ sony a7siii 10 bit 4.2.2 h.264 on PP 15.4 native version for m1

I have glitchy issue on playback on sony fx3/ sony a7siii 10 bit 4.2.2 h.264 on Premiere pro 15.4 native version for m1..

somehow glitch issue affect when exporting the final result too..

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. PROBLEM WITH H.264 h.265 MP4 FROM SONY A7SIII

I have Amd latest 5950x and nvidia rtx 2080 64gb ram. I spent almost 5000$ on upgrade but didn't good playback with sony a7siii 4k 120fps. It's super slow lagi hard to import. I just don't want do proxy. It takes forever in my work flow. Please update h.265 or h.264 codec. It's struggling.

My friend has apple m1 which 1500$ laptop. Playback on m1 is butter.
    So confused

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Lumix 10 bit 422 support

Thanks to yesterday's v.22 update, my 10bit footage project has been performing gradually worse, and is now on its knees with no display at all. After re-sizing the timeline panel, I am left looking at this.

Even the PNG images won't display at all

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. preview file ignores playback quality

I am using preview files (render in to out) to get better playback, and I use high quality prores 422 as my preview format in the sequence settings so I can render previews eventually in the output settings and save time. this works great but one annoying thing - I am working with high resolution, and I set my playback resolution to 1/4 or even 1/8 to get smooth playback and it works, but when it reaches the rendered preview section in the timeline - it's always high quality... meaning I get a jump in resolution, and the playback is…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. FX3 footage stutters at reduced playback resolution

Footage from the Sony FX3 is having playback issues with Premiere. The odd thing is it plays back normal at full regulation, but if you change playback to 1/2, 1/4, or 1/8 it's super choppy and doesn't play back right.

The footage is recorded in XAVC S-I which is at h2.64 intraframe codec so it should work fine for editing.

The issue is happening in the most recent version of Premiere on both our iMac (intel processer) and our PC workstations. The footage is stored on our shared NAS, with 10gig ethernet.

Footage properties from Premiere

Type: MPEG Movie
    File…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Iphone videos do not work with CUDA

When you upload iPhone (either vertical or horizontal) videos to a project in PP, with CUDA turned on it will not show the video thumbnails on the timeline. When you render it out, you get only the audio and not the audio and the video. In order to preview your edits, you have to turn off CUDA (software only). But in doing this, it completely slows down the overall edition process (since you're not able to use our $1,000 NVIDIA graphics card). Plus, when you turn off Cuda, you lose all of your renders meaning you have to render the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Playback speed

It would be amazing if you could watch the timeline in speed or slow (like a youtube video) for a fester editing process, without having to change the speed of the actual clip.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Simultaneous Audio Playback via multiple audio devices

For example you have embedded audio via a black magic deck link card and want to do playback simultaneously using another soundcard (for example audio output via ASIO USB devices). This function would open up possibilities in playback and production surroundings using different ways and outputs. Having the option of only one output can be quite limiting.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Playback resolution under "full" lags a lot since V22.0

Since updating to V22.0 I can't lower playback resolution without getting like 1fps playback. This makes some formats unplayable without making proxies which I never do have to. Please give us an update fixing this bug soon.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. simultaneous Multicam and timeline playback

During multi-camera editing, I would like to be able to watch the edited sequence and the multi-cam view at the same time. As it is right now, enabling the Multicam view disables the ability to watch the edited sequence (with existing crossfades, etc). If I were able to open an additional window that would play each mode simultaneously and in sync with each other, it would speed up my workflow while choosing my final shots. Thank you!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Audio Follows Time Remapping

Audio should conform to the same edits as video when using Time Remapping. Period!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 24 25
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base