Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Proxies don't sync up when interpreting footage

When I attach proxies to footage shot at 29.97 fps then interpret the footage at 23.97, the footage no longer syncs up. Toggling proxies on and off shows the frames to be completely different. I would like the proxies to be frame for frame synchronized when reinterpreting footage.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Bug - after making a cut in timeline, audio cuts out, can undo the cut and audio is back but what's the point of this editing software then

It's just happening to this project so far but it's very frustrating. I make a cut and everything ahead of the cut loses audio. I can undo the cut and audio is back (but then I can't edit forward without matching frame, dragging clip into new sequence and continuing that was which is annoying). I spent a long time trying a dozen things with the adobe chat customer service thing and nothing worked. Interestingly, I can export the section that's lost audio and the export has audio, so I guess it's a playback issue or something. I've attached screenshots just…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Wrong part of clip showing while scrubbing interpreted footage

While scrubbing through footage in the source panel that I have interpreted from 60fps to 24fps, the preview image on the source panel doesn't align with my actual location in the clip. This makes it virtually impossible to scrub through footage and set in and out points.

This is version 14.3.2. I don't remember this ever happening with earlier versions.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. CC2020 Time-Remapping Bug

Time remapping simply isn't working correctly in CC2020. The clip will play correctly right up until it hits the time-remap curve, and then the clip will freeze. It doesn't fix it if I turn off my GPU, it doesn't fix it if I render previews. Doing all my time-remapping in AE right now.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. PP 2020 poor high speed playback and export frame issue

My updated Premiere Pro 2020 has poor juddery playback at high speed (over 100%)
    Also my main issue is the export frame function delivers a totally different grade and lightness to the original

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Maximizing undocked Panel on Windows

It would be great if you could maximize an undocked Panel like on Mac OS.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. fullscreen playback not following selected preferences since updating to 13.1

I have a four monitor setup that worked flawlessly until the 13.1 update. Monitor 1 & 2 served as my primary working monitors, monitor 3 was my full-screen playback/client monitor, and monitor 4 is for color etc. Monitors 1-3 are sourcing a Titan RTX GPU and Monitor 4 sources my decklink 8k Pro card (Full system specs below).

I have my correct preferences selected in my playback preferences, and other than the software update, nothing has changed. I have cleared preferences and rebuilt, but to no avail. Still no full-screen playback on monitor 3. In fact, now it randomly pops…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Premiere Pro - FIX - Playback LAG when fully rendered…..

Premiere Pro - Playback LAG when fully rendered on MacBook Pro Mojave…..

• After fully rendering an adobe premiere pro timeline, the playback is lagging (jumping) preventing me from watching my edit back.
    • Open premiere pro - add clips (4k 60 frames for closest replica) , render and try and play back
    • After fully rendering I am typically able to watch my video timeline play back with zero latency.
    • The lag that occurs prevents me from critiquing my work.

This needs immediate attention

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add a "monitoring resolution" for video playback of 2.39:1, etc timelines to Decklink cards with letterboxing instead of stretching

Allow the setting of a standard output resolution for external sources to facilitate the proper scaling and automatic letterboxing of the other aspect ratios being used in various timelines in a project -- like 1.66:1, 1.85:1, 2.00:1, 2.20:1, 2.39:1.

We shouldn't have to work in 16x9 timelines just to make our monitors work!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. REQUEST: Add keyboard shortcut to toggle second monitor on/off.

Adobe Premiere Pro CC v12.5.1
    Current method to turn on the second monitor for playback is to go to Edit > Preferences > Playback... > Video Device, and put a check in the box for Adobe Monitor 2. That's a lot of mouse clicks for a simple toggle. By comparison, Lightroom CC (an Adobe product) has this feature which toggles the display on/off with the F11 key. I'm sure lots of people would love to see this implemented.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Frustrating Play/Pause delay! New Bug?

Lately every time Pause, there's at least a 1 second delay while it keeps playing. This makes precise editing extraordinarily frustrating. This is a recent problem I didn't have before. It's not a hardware problem because the delay exists even with low-res footage, and my computer used to edit 4k no problem.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. AAF imported sequences not playing on Apple Silicon machines

ISSUE

Video Sequences imported from a linked AAF do not play back on Apple Silicon Macs. However, the same imported sequence/project plays back fine on Intel based Macs.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

1. Export an AAF from Avid Media Composer (or DaVinci Resolve...the issue occurs with AAFs exported from both apps), using linked media, not embedded

2. Import the AAF into Premiere Pro (22.4) on an Apple Silicon Mac (launching Premiere in Rosetta 2 mode)

3. Park the playhead anywhere in the imported sequence. The frame under the playhead does not appear in the Program Monitor until after an inordinate amount of time (usually…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Optimize M1 Max for graphics

Ever since upgrading to a Macbook Pro with the M1 Max, the graphical features have been really slow.

A simple text graphic freezes up the timeline and doesn't allow smooth playback. When exporting it takes 30 minutes to get through a small text graphic. Sometimes I have to send the project file to a friend who still has an Intel Mac just so I can export a short 2 minute video.

Please please please look into this!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Premiere Pro 22.0 - Preview window tearing (V-sync). Need to be fixed.

Hi!
    I've heard I am not the only one to have this issue. Preview window in Premiere Pro 22.0 is terribly tearing. Like some kind of V-sync bug. It's not there on ver. 15.1.0. Though it's still has bugs.
    I have read everything. I turned on/off/what ever else V-sync in my Nvidia control panel for Premiere. Turned on/off GPU for previews in proj settings. Forced the system to use different video adapters for Premiere. Nothing. Tearing. Even on pre-rendered clips. Even without any effects applied. On Full resolution, "High quality" preview settings. No matter if it's Low-res HD footage or…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Timeline not responding properly to JKL playback

Since the version 22 release, every now and then the program will stop responding to keyboard inputs when trying to use JKL to quickly move backward or forward through the timeline. This usually results in playing at 2-3x for a minute or more before the software responds and halts playback, then I have to drag the playhead back to where I was and hope it doesn't happen again.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Reverse play keeps playing after I stop it with K key.

This is a new bug in this version. When using reverse play using the "J" key, playback keeps going for 2-3 seconds after I hit the "K" key to pause it. I have not noticed this before, and I have the same hardware as before.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add output LUTs for Playback Monitors (So we can color calibrate Blackmagic Intensity Output like Resolve)

Resolve allows loading a LUT for playback monitors to be calibrated generated by something like DisplayCal.

I'd love to have a LUT made that allows my output from my Intensity Pro 4k to be calibrated!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. FPS issue in Adobe Premier 2020

When I import footage a 120 FPS, interpret footage to 24 FPS, put it on the timeline then try and speed ramp it up a bit so it plays in real time as opposed to slow mo, the picture viewer will not display the footage as it plays. It will show a still frame or it will play in a choppy motion. When I render the footage then it plays properly, Not used to this with Premier Pro CC 2019.

So I tested the same process in Premier Pro CC 2019 and when I speed ramp or simple speed up…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Please implement Metal GPU and RED SDK support in CC2020

Us pro editors that edit with RED footage are forced to go back to CC2019 because CC2020 is very problematic editing RED footage.
    Heres an article pretty much confirming what us RED footage editors are experiencing in CC2020

https://www.newsshooter.com/2019/12/13/red-apple-complete-metal-gpu-accelerated-r3d-support/

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Premiere Pro Playback Pause/Play doesn't work precisely anymore - NEEDS TO BE FIXED ASAP

Premiere Pro won't stop or play when needed. Fast edits can't be made. Upgrading, or rolling back projects, consolidating to smaller projects, working off of my macbook instead of an external, deleting media cache, preview files, and a plethora of other things have NOT fixed this. Trying to fix this has been a waste of my time and a waste of my company's time.

Does adobe even know? Pretty sure PAUSE AND PLAY are pretty crucial to a video editing software. Just saying.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base