Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. clip rendering

many times during color correction I render all the noise reduction first. then I export that piece as a prores file, then place it over the rendered clip. I do this so I can grade and render in the future without the hassle of the long render times. the issue is, if I don't manually turn off the fx in the lower track first, it still renders like it is rendering the clip below it also. I feel like a clip with 100% opacity should ignore FX on the clips below it. I believe fcp legacy operated like this. not…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. You need to add a 1.8x anamorphic option

1.8x anamorphic is gaining popularity and I'm editing a feature film for a major studio next week that is utilizing it. This feature needs to be added so we don't have to scale the horizontal pixels manually by 1.8x to compensate...

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Audio doesn't play back when loop playback is enabled and the playback jumps back to the beginning.

As the title describes, audio does not playback when loop playback is enabled and the playback goes back to the beginning. This basically defeats the purpose of having a loop playback option, as I am trying to create a seamless looping video but there's no audio without me pausing playback and restarting it. Rendering out the sequence does not fix this either.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Change Default Timeline Playback Speed

A large portion of my recent work has been editing steam VODS. Long, 2 to 3 hour videos that take absolutely forever to edit through. However, to make the process faster, I like to play at 2x speed. Currently, changing the playback speed like this can only be accomplished using the J and L keys to speed up or slow down the playback. This works if you want to watch it over as a whole, but for me at times you may need to pause continuously throughout the video to add a cut or two. then, when you resume playback,…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Premiere losing renders

So this has happened about 4 times on a feature concert film for me. I leave the renders going overnight, in this case, 8 lines of video, 5 are .braw. I save and quit. Reopen Premiere Pro. About half of the clips remain green, the others are yellow again. And with the new stabilize bug in 2020, the frame goes all crazy shifted to the upper left until it's rendered. And the .braw raw tab doesn't work with the offical blackmagic plugin and premiere. Hmm. This is 3 bugs in one post.

Send help.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. IO hardware causes playback and pause delay

This has been an issue for years. Please fix it!!

When using Blackmagic or AJA hardware for mercury transmit output, the spacebar sort of lags for 8-9 frames. I.e. when you pause, the playhead goes on for another 8-9 frames. Avid does not have this issue with the same hardware. I guess you are never going to fix this because your development team sucks big time.....Seriously...fix it. I have been reading about this issue since 2010.......

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Having a Multiview window for Video Tracks without having to create a Multicamera Sequence

I think there should be a window for monitoring whats going on on your different Video tracks without disabling them or having to create a Multicam Sequence.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Correct bug for Fujifilm XT3 videos recorded using h.265

Video files recorded in HEVC show the highlights previously displayed in camera with zebra, with a black shadow in PP and ME when importing, creating proxys and also during editing and even exporting. h.264 files of the same camera work fine. I've made an extensive forum thread about it in the Adobe Community here: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2611665
    Any follow up you need to make about these issue, I'd be glad to answer it. Thanks!

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. A problem with playback settings for 2 and more monitors.

I have a problem. I use 4 monitors to work in the premiere. (official ofc)
    After upgrading from 2018 to 2019, I cannot select the monitor I need (1).
    The program constantly resets to the same monitor (4).

If I put a tick in front of the monitor that I need, pressing OK, the monitor does not appear and all empty items are shown in the settings.

Windows 10
    GeForce 1060

Everything worked in the previous version 2018 СС.

Can u help me plz?

best< regards!

p.s. i dont want downgrade to 2018

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Program Monitor Black after update

My program monitor is black with a white line at the bottom after the most recent update today. This was the case in all my timelines and after a computer restart. The way I fixed it was to turn off Safe Margins. Turning safe margins back on recreates the problem.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Adobe 2019 can't process footage like 2018

I can edit through Canon Raw Light like butter on Adobe 2018 on either my iMac Pro or MacBook Pro. When I downloaded 2019, Raw light is UNUSABLE...as in it can't play back even for a couple seconds. Its choppy and horrible and is definitely a bug since 2018 can process the exact same files smoothly with zero lag. Please fix this...I'd imagine other users with raw footage may be experiencing the same thing. My friend downloaded on his computer as well and same thing...2019 needs some work.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Green/Glitchy H.264 videos with Premiere 13.0.1 & NVIDIA GTX 1050

Video exported as H.264 (from both Media Encoder and Premiere) imports as green, glitchy footage with other strange artifacts and does not play back correctly in Premiere. The video looks fine when viewed in Windows Media Player and other common video software. Video was exported using several different H.264 presets in Premiere and Media Encoder. I was finally able to get the video to import/playback correctly in Premiere by exporting my footage as a AVI video, re-importing into my project. Did not experience this issue with previous versions of Premiere.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Fix Variable Frame Rate Issues in an easy manner to use. Introuce a button.

I would like Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2018 to have a button that you can press on any imported video from any format that is variable frame rate and lock it to a specific frame rate. I.e 30fps 60fps etc etc. Right now you have addressed it on the master video but sometimes is not there and can be diffcult to find ffmeg setting. Also the way i am suggesting is alot easier and alot of your users and fanbase and professionals would love you. Smartphones are going nowhere and its time this issue is addressed properly once and for…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. lag

CC 2018 Lagging and Buggy

I'm running on Intel Core i9-7940x with 14 cores, 64GB Ram, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, a separate internal SSD for cache, separate SSD for program files, and editing Panasonic EVA1 4K footage off of an internal 1TB SSD.

The program is being incredibly buggy- it will boot up fine and give me no problems for about ten minutes, then the lag will start. It starts as an annoyance but progresses to un-workable. I've tried everything in this forum :

Premiere Pro CC 2017 lag

I tried proxies...no dice. I was sent to User Voice…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Why can't i ever play any footage without Lag? How come every time i scrub the timeline or footage, it lags? Why can't anything play smooth?

Make the program so you can scrub footage and watch playback without lag. Even after rendering, playback lags. Yes I turned down the quality to 1/4 or less. I . have a brand new 2018 macbook pro with the best possible upgrades, and you're telling me I can't scrub basic 1080 footage without lag? This makes it extremely hard to be creative and, ya know, edit the project.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. FIX full screen playback preview not scaling correctly

This bug is really making us crazy. As we NEED to be able to fullscreen playback in 4k monitors. This bug has been in the Adobe forums seen 2014.

Here is the best post to understand the importance of making this get to developers. The industries continue growing, and so does the resolution.

https://forums.adobe.com/message/10548014?et=watches.email.outcome#10548014

I found a momentary solution for this bug, it could help to find a real solution.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. It takes 10 seconds to playback anything on OSX and iMac Pro

I'm editing 4K footage in a 1080p timeline, with a $10,000 brand new iMac Pro, and every single time I hit the "play" button, it take about 10 seconds to actually play the footage. I'm using one of the fastest SSD's on the planet too (The Samsung T5's) and this is not an issue with Final Cut X. Please fix this and optimize your software for Mac's with the new OSX and AMD processors.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Space Bar Preview in Project Panel

I know we have a tiny little preview player at the top of the project panel (which is pretty useless) and we have the source window media can be dropped into, but it would be really convenient to just hit the space bar on an item and see a larger preview window pop up playing back that media. The ability to arrow through that media using the keyboard arrows without that larger preview window closing would also be very handy.
    Just like file previewing can be done in Mac OS using the space bar and arrows buttons.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow "Step forward/back many" to be measured in Seconds as well

Currently, the Playback preference for "Step forward/back many" allows you to choose how many frames you will step forward or back, but it would be more helpful to have a drop down menu to be able to choose between frames or seconds. I often want it to be 1 second, which is obviously different with various timebases. Having seconds be a measurement option allows us to work in 23.976 or 29.97 timebase when we want to step a whole second.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 7 votes

We're glad you're here