Skip to content

Premiere Pro

ANNOUNCEMENT - This forum is moving

In an effort to improve communications between you and the Premier Pro team, we are moving this feedback forum to the Premiere Pro page on the Adobe Support Community. As requested, bugs and feature requests will be able to live separately in that forum.

This move is happening in part to acknowledge that we haven't been responsive enough here, and we are combining our forums to help remedy that. Ideas and their attached comments from this UserVoice forum will be migrated based on how many people voted for them. Check your profile on the Adobe Support Community to see any migrated posts that you've created or commented on. If you have an item here that did not make the migration, please bring it over to our new home.

See you soon on the Adobe Support Forum!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

571 results found

1. Mercury Transmit Hotkey

I would love to be able to map a keyboard shortcut to enable/disable mercury transmit. Often time when I have clients in the room, they can't help themselves on commenting when I'm still putting things together. I find myself needing to shut off my client monitor while I try things before presenting the change to them. I've mapped a button to open the playback preferences, but for efficiency I'd love to be able to toggle playback on my client monitor with a press of one button.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. uninterrupted playback

Uninterrupted playback,
    playing video or audio in the timeline, have the option of letting you jump to different spot in the timeline, while keeping it playing.

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Playhead Mode: Return Playhead to Starting Position

Basically every other program in the world has this feature.... Why does Premiere Pro not have this?? Editing is so much faster and intuitive with this function.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Toggle: "Maximize Frame" when Timeline plays

It would be an editing time-saver to have a button (or whatever) which, when enabled, would automatically toggle my Program frame to the maximized state. Ideally, this feature would "toggle" only when the timeline was "played"; not when scrubbed.

When I edit I often scrub/cut/move clips then switch focus to my Program window to review. It would be a convenience to tap the spacebar (play) and have focus auto-toggle to maximized Program frame—tapping spacebar to stop would shift focus back to Timeline.

Practically, this would allow me to quickly preview my edits fullscreen and easily return focus to my timeline…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Adobe 2019 can't process footage like 2018

I can edit through Canon Raw Light like butter on Adobe 2018 on either my iMac Pro or MacBook Pro. When I downloaded 2019, Raw light is UNUSABLE...as in it can't play back even for a couple seconds. Its choppy and horrible and is definitely a bug since 2018 can process the exact same files smoothly with zero lag. Please fix this...I'd imagine other users with raw footage may be experiencing the same thing. My friend downloaded on his computer as well and same thing...2019 needs some work.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Auto scroll and Smooth scroll for Audio in source monitor.

When you are cutting in a voice over from the source monitor down to the timeline, it is handy to use the keyboard only (i.e. 'i' to set in, 'o' to set out and ',' to insert into timeline, then 'spacebar' to play to continue playing. So, if i'm listening to a voice over, I like to see the wave form on screen to know when a gap in the Vo is approaching to set my our point before inserting the clip into timeline. If the waveform continues off the edge of the source monitor, the playhead disappears off as…

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. [BUG] Hardwaree H.264 decoding will not playback properly if MP4 files are placed within same folder as project file

I have problem with playback of 4K H.264 files in project browser and in timeline if the files are placed within project folder.

Note that the files can be played back just fine if hardware accelerated decoding is "disabled"

Workaround is to place files into another location and have Premiere Pro try to locate the missing files. The same set of files can be played back fine with hardware acceleration.

I though I was having driver issue and decided to do a clean Windows install the problem still persists.

Screenshot: https://youtu.be/M7GGhxW_s7c

Windows 10 1809 (Clean Install, without any updates)
    *…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add a "monitoring resolution" for video playback of 2.39:1, etc timelines to Decklink cards with letterboxing instead of stretching

Allow the setting of a standard output resolution for external sources to facilitate the proper scaling and automatic letterboxing of the other aspect ratios being used in various timelines in a project -- like 1.66:1, 1.85:1, 2.00:1, 2.20:1, 2.39:1.

We shouldn't have to work in 16x9 timelines just to make our monitors work!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Playback Video Device Works Intermittently

Playback Video Device Works Intermittently; I have up to four screens on my MacBook Pro; sometimes it works with just a HDMI and a DP UHD monitor connected, but then, after unplugging and coming back, it stops working. With one HDMI display and two DP monitors connected, it is impossible to select the first UHD monitor, the application sees them both but can't distinguish one from the other, so it always plays to the second one.

After it has stopped working altogether, it takes a reboot to get it to work again.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. don't switch transmit resolution when opening audio file in source monitor

I use a Blackmagic Decklink card with SDI output where I monitor my edits, both video and audio over the same SDI. My sequence is set to 1080 50i. But when I open a audio file from my project panel in the source monitor, the mercury output constantly switches to another (25p or 50p) resolution. I do use 50p footage files now and then. But is it possible that Premiere Pro does not switch the resolution and framerate of the mercury transmit output when I open just an audio file in the source monitor? I prefer just previewing the audio…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. R3D footage not visible when paused if Lumetri is used on clip

R3D Raw footage is not visible when paused in latest version of Premiere Pro CC if Lumetri is applied to any clip. During playback it is viewable, but once paused the clip will no longer be visible.

Any other graphics (e.g. logos, bg etc) will be visible, so it appears to be a bug with how Premiere Pro CC handles the combination of R3D footage and Lumetri.

Windows 10.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. By sorting the playback issues

Premiere Playback Overall is Absolutely Terrible

I have had playback issues since 2015 (been on the slide since then) on a huge number of macs and configurations.

I am now trying to play a single rendered video track of Apple Pro Res 444 - 720 mbits per second.

On a brand new 2019 Macbook Pro - 2.4 ghz 8 core 32 gig ram Vega 20

In Premiere it drops frames all over the place.

But Quicktime seems to play it fine.

This needs to be sorted otherwise I, and probably many other users will be off to FCP X, BM…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Media Pending Issue

Good day.
    I've been editing a documentary on Premiere cc 2019. I have a Macbook pro. All seemed well until the other day when my hard drive with the project and footage was used in another macbook. When I brought the footage back over to my one, the media seemed to be taking extremely long to pend (yellow "media pending" screen). I also have proxy files attached but not active, if that somehow helps.

I've cleared the cache and also moved it onto the hard drive so it's with the project and isn't running from the computer. I have hours…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. x1/2 Playback Speed

I am editing footage to a song, and I want to align some videos to certain beats and notes, but in order to be precise I need to watch the project play at 1/2 and 1/4 speed. I know you can manually do this with J, but I wish I could be able to press the space bar and already have the video play at said speed, instead of needing to press J every time.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. REQUEST: Add keyboard shortcut to toggle second monitor on/off.

Adobe Premiere Pro CC v12.5.1
    Current method to turn on the second monitor for playback is to go to Edit > Preferences > Playback... > Video Device, and put a check in the box for Adobe Monitor 2. That's a lot of mouse clicks for a simple toggle. By comparison, Lightroom CC (an Adobe product) has this feature which toggles the display on/off with the F11 key. I'm sure lots of people would love to see this implemented.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Setting Playback Device is Random and Unreliable

The usage of the playback device (Preferences/Playback) is unpredictable. The settings, no matter what checkbox you choose, seem to change at random with out explanation. Often having no effect. I would also appreciate if the playback device could offer the same functionality for positioning, selecting skin tones etc that the program window offers. Because of the nature of having a playback device, the program window is on the monitor that I want to use as the playback device and it makes it very difficult to turn it off (when it works) to access the program monitor (my other two monitors…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. CTI Playhead is very laggy when scrubbing on 13.0.2

The CTI playhead (not footage itself) is very laggy when scrubbing timelne. It "pops" to each location instead of smoothly moving across. I will say it's not footage related as it happens even on timelines with audio only. Not a playback lag, an interface CTI lag. I'm on Windows 10 with latest Nvidia driver.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow Proxies to Ignore Proxies Sound / Play Original Sound

Ran into trouble using proxies that were generated without the same number of audio channels as the original source. Developed a number of workarounds to compensate, BUTl..

...if it's technically possible would it not make more sense to play only picture from the proxies and sound from original sources. In the it's not sound that typically requires too much throughput. It's picture. So the idea here would be to kill several birds with one stone:

Eliminate the requirement for Proxy audio track counts to match those of the original -- in fact Proxies could be picture-only and save a bit…

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add a "Toggle Renders" button

Sometimes you want to check your original footage.

You can turn proxies on and off, but not renders.

(I'd love to be wrong about this.)

Also stop using weird phrases instead of standard entertainment industry terms, ie "Video Previews" vs "Renders" :)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Hide Arrow Tool During Full Screen Playback

I enjoy being able to hit a key and pop in and out of full-screen playback, but I hate the fact that my arrow tool/cursor sits on top of the image and I have to manually drag it to my second monitor.

In general, support for two or three monitor setups needs improvement.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base