Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Better Threadripper Support

I have 2 PCs, 1 with an I7 6900x and 1 with the Threadripper 1950x and opening the same project , the Threadripper struggles in playback. Cant play 1080 footage (without effects) without dropping frames. CPU utilization is 30% max and GPU is 5% max. Both machines have a GTX 1080 ti

142 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

78 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Bug-Premiere Pro 13.1 Having an issue playing .mp4 files that played fine in 13.03

Bug-Premiere Pro 13.1 Having an issue playing .mp4 files that played fine in 13.03

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. BUG -Mercury Transmit will not use screen 2 in 3 screen setups on Mac OS 10.13.6

When using Premiere Pro 13.1 on multiple MacPros with 3 monitors attached, Mercury transmit will NOT allow Monitor 2 to be used for playback. When selecting Monitor two, Monitor 3 will automatically be selected. This behaviour does NOT occur with 13.0.3. Selecting alternate render options (Metal/CUDA/Open CL) does not fix the issue.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 13.1 - Dual Monitor Support issue 13.1

Dual Monitor issue appears broken. I have three monitors, the 3rd is actually my projector and it wants to display on that. I can't choose #1 and #2. This broke with the last update.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Since update Premiere Pro 13.1.0 : image stays freeze but audio is ok

Hi

Since the 13.1.0 update, my videos can't be played : images are frozen but audio can be still played.
    With the previous version, all was fine with the same project.

It is quite urgent. I can't either use Premiere since the last upgrade.

Regards.
    Alain

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Playback freeze

I'm having issues with the playback, at some point it randomly freeze the playback, apearing a white or grey scren on program and soruce monitor. I've already tried:
    - switching the render to Software only
    - ereasing cache media
    - delete all plug-ins and preferences
    - upgrade premiere
    - completele uninstall and re-install Premier pro
    - format my computer

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Source Monitor Playback

Every time I double click on an imported video from the BIN in the Program Monitor, The video shows up in the Source Monitor BUT the video starts to play from the middle of it. It does not start from the beginning. I have attached a screen recording for reference. Also, the TIMECODE does not start from 00:00:00:00, in the Source Monitor.
    Is this a Glitch or should I change any settings? Please Help and Thanks.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. fullscreen playback not following selected preferences since updating to 13.1

I have a four monitor setup that worked flawlessly until the 13.1 update. Monitor 1 & 2 served as my primary working monitors, monitor 3 was my full-screen playback/client monitor, and monitor 4 is for color etc. Monitors 1-3 are sourcing a Titan RTX GPU and Monitor 4 sources my decklink 8k Pro card (Full system specs below).

I have my correct preferences selected in my playback preferences, and other than the software update, nothing has changed. I have cleared preferences and rebuilt, but to no avail. Still no full-screen playback on monitor 3. In fact, now it randomly pops…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Canon C200 Playback

The CRM files do not play back smoothly in the timeline, no matter what resolution you drop to there is always stuttering and a delayed response with both the video and audio. This is definitely not a hardware issue as the same files can be played back smoothly with absolutely no issues in Canon's Cinema Raw Development program and Davinci resolve.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Waveform disappearing in the Timeline

The audio Waveform is constantly disappearing and reappearing from the Timeline with this latest update v13.1.4 build 2. When I scroll left to right or zoom into the timeline, the waveform disappears and reappears without logic. As a result I am unable to visually edit to the audio piece and have to scrub through it to hear the audio instead.

Please fix!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. A problem with playback settings for 2 and more monitors.

I have a problem. I use 4 monitors to work in the premiere. (official ofc)
    After upgrading from 2018 to 2019, I cannot select the monitor I need (1).
    The program constantly resets to the same monitor (4).

If I put a tick in front of the monitor that I need, pressing OK, the monitor does not appear and all empty items are shown in the settings.

Windows 10
    GeForce 1060

Everything worked in the previous version 2018 СС.

Can u help me plz?

best< regards!

p.s. i dont want downgrade to 2018

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Custom metadata overlays or burn-ins

It would be great to be able to add any metadata overlay with the overlay settings.

As it is now we are limited to Source Timecode, Sequence Timecode, Markers, Sequence Clip Name, Project Clip Name, File Name, Sound Timecode, and Sound Roll.

It would be great if you could choose any of the many fields in the Metadata Panel.

This could also be implemented as an effect similar to or integrated into the existing clip name effect. It could also be integrated into the simple text effect. You could pick a source track and it would overlay or burn in…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. lock playhead at center, scroll content with consistent zoom

Like Garageband and other Mac based apps, you should be able to lock the view of any playback area (assembly, editing, color, effects, audio, graphcis) and make the content move behind the playhead, keeping the playhead always in the center. Keeping a consistent zoom and between modes (effects/Audio...) and locked would save time and effort.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Blackmagic Playback issue

I've upgraded to Premiere Pro 13.1.4 (build 2) on a Mac Pro (Late 2013) that runs High Sierra 10.13.6. I have an external monitor that plays back my timeline via a Blackmagic Ultrastudio Mini Monitor. When I play the timeline and it gets to where there are no more videoclips (and there is still a clip on an audio track so it runs on) it displays the last frame of the last clip on the external monitor instead of black. The Program panel in the Premiere interface DOES show black when there is no videoclip on the timeline. When I…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. NEW UPDATE ISSUE

The new update i made yesterday on Premiere PRO stopped my playback. Only the audio plays when i hit playback. Video gets stuck and shows MEDIA PENDING but the audio still plays.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. V13.1.4 Video freezes but audio keeps playing

my MP4 files will randomly freeze, whereas my audio track will continue playing just fine. Really gets on my nerves and wastes too much of my time. looks like plenty others are having this problem too

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Toggle "Frame Replacement for Decode Errors" feature off.

In a QC critical enviroment, the red frame for decode errors was an incredibly helpful warning of potental corrupt frames in a file.
    If this visual warning is replaced with a duplicated frame then the potential file issues become much harder to spot and/or more time-costly to verify.
    If frame replacement is seen as a critically usful feature, please allow users to toggle it off/back to the old way.

With this new feature, Premiere updates past 13.0.2 become unusable in a QC environment/workflow, and users (us included) will be forced to switch to other software for critical evaluation.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Set the default view of a new subsequence to the start of the clip

After creating sub-sequences, when you re-open them, you are often stuck viewing a blank area, or partial view of the new clip. Rather seeing the beginning of the sub-sequence, the view is set to the end time of *where the clip was created*.

Example:
    You create a 10 second subsequence at the 5min mark. Open the subsequence and you'll be the viewing the end of the workarea, at 5:10s, but the clip is actually now located off screen to the left. You may or may not see the clip at all depending how zoomed in you are. You now need…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Fix playback choppiness

The playback functionality is terrible now after upgrading to Premiere Pro CC 2019 - My computer is a brand new iMac Pro with more than enough processing power. The problem started recently. I can't play normal video (without effects) without interruption. The only workaround (which is not an option) is to render everything before even trying to watch it. Full work stoppage.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Setting to play automatically at 1.5x speed

When playing interviews, it's time efficient to play them faster than real time, but 2x (keystroke: LL) is too fast. 1.5x speed is a good compromise but is very awkward to get to especially when you have to start and stop a lot. Having a mappable 1.5x playback speed would be very useful.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 11 12
  • Don't see your idea?

Please do not use your Adobe ID and password.

Feedback and Knowledge Base