Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. BUG: Playback in timeline wont stop when moving at double speed or more (v22)

in the newest update (v22) of premiere pro, when you shuttle right in the sequence at double speed, (or more) the playback won't stop, even when shuttle stop is pressed. Adobe premiere acts normally otherwise, (you can save and quit) but it will still keep playing at that speed. Even closing the sequence doesn't make it stop. You have to close out of the app and then re open the project.

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

42 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. IMPROVE COMPATIBILITY WITH M1 MACS. PLAYBACK & EXPORT GLITCH

Major glitching issues in playback and exporting on Apple Silicon computers. I have an M1 24" iMac, and I've seen people with this same issue on other Silicon models. It seems to have to do with the SoC architecture of the M1 chips. Premiere is not able to fully recognize the GPU in the computer, and so it doesn't know how to properly handle the footage. This is a serious issue that creates unusable videos, and will cause many to move to FCP or Davinci if not solved. Thank you!

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. "I-frame first" fast seeking for inter frame compressed video files

When you are "seeking," (which means QUICKLY looking through a long video by clicking and dragging the playhead with the cursor,) there is sometimes very high "prefetch latency," meaning that frames will load slowly, resulting in very few frames being shown. This can make it very difficult to find what you're looking for.

But when seeking, perfect frame accuracy is not nearly as important as seeing what you're doing. Therefore, to reduce the "prefetch latency," I suggest that the nearest I-frame is loaded and displayed FIRST, (because I-frames are always the fastest to load) while the exact B or P…

234 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Taran and everyone subscribed to the thread,

first of all: thanks for the incredibly detailed suggestion and the great conversation in the comments. While making such a change for the playback engine has a ton of implications and therefore isn’t done ad hoc, we’re certainly going to create a POC for it and will evaluate if there’s a way to put this into a production build for a test drive in an upcoming beta version.

I’ll keep you posted.

Cheers,
    Patrick

4. AAF imported sequences not playing on Apple Silicon machines

ISSUE

Video Sequences imported from a linked AAF do not play back on Apple Silicon Macs. However, the same imported sequence/project plays back fine on Intel based Macs.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

1. Export an AAF from Avid Media Composer (or DaVinci Resolve...the issue occurs with AAFs exported from both apps), using linked media, not embedded

2. Import the AAF into Premiere Pro (22.4) on an Apple Silicon Mac (launching Premiere in Rosetta 2 mode)

3. Park the playhead anywhere in the imported sequence. The frame under the playhead does not appear in the Program Monitor until after an inordinate amount of time (usually…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Captions in Premiere 2021 timeline is lagging

I work in a projects with a lot of captions. I have timelines with 30 to 70 minutes with captions.

Zoomed out to the whole timeline and visible captions my timeline starts to lag BIG time. The timeline zoomed in works just fine. Hiding the captions is also ok.

Imac Pro 2017

32 GHz 8-core Xeon W

64 GB 2666 DDR4

Radeon Pro Vegas 64X 16GB

extra monitor Apple 2,5K

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. New Premier pro 22.5 BLACK SCREEN HEVC 4:2:0 10bit 50fps

When I load the project in Pp 22.5 which is installed on the new win 10 system, I get a black screen and the timeline does not work, I work with HEVC (4: 2: 0) 10bit 50 FPS .....
    The same project works in 22.4 version ... which is the reason it doesn't work in 22.5 v ...
    The same thing happens in Win 11 ...

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Footage from phone and drone have very poor playck qualities, eespiaclly after making proxies

I noticed this while working on a travel video and using phone footage. My computer was just not having it, while footage from my DSLR played back fine. then I noticed the same on my workcomputer when trying to edit drone footage. This hasn't been an issue before so I think it has to do something with the latest update. I cant only slighty play footage back when I don't use the proxy and put playback resolution on full, which doesnt fully help but at least makes it able to slightly go over my footage. I used all the different…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Program monitor gets laggy when using iPad Pro through Apple Sidecar

This should really be fixed. My iPad is my dedicated reference display, as it has a Liquid Retina XDR display. I do not have this issue in Final Cut or Resolve.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Premiere Pro 22.0 - Preview window tearing (V-sync). Need to be fixed.

Hi!
    I've heard I am not the only one to have this issue. Preview window in Premiere Pro 22.0 is terribly tearing. Like some kind of V-sync bug. It's not there on ver. 15.1.0. Though it's still has bugs.
    I have read everything. I turned on/off/what ever else V-sync in my Nvidia control panel for Premiere. Turned on/off GPU for previews in proj settings. Forced the system to use different video adapters for Premiere. Nothing. Tearing. Even on pre-rendered clips. Even without any effects applied. On Full resolution, "High quality" preview settings. No matter if it's Low-res HD footage or…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Optimize M1 Max for graphics

Ever since upgrading to a Macbook Pro with the M1 Max, the graphical features have been really slow.

A simple text graphic freezes up the timeline and doesn't allow smooth playback. When exporting it takes 30 minutes to get through a small text graphic. Sometimes I have to send the project file to a friend who still has an Intel Mac just so I can export a short 2 minute video.

Please please please look into this!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Shuttling with 'L' causes video to freeze

I updated to Adobe Premiere 22.2 and anytime I use the K key to shuttle forward, the play head pauses and the video stops in the program monitor, but the audio continues. Then when I click the space bar to pause the audio continues. So basically I can't shuttle forward in double speed anymore. This behavior does not happen in version 14 which is installed on the same computer. My computer is brand new and has very high specs.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Fast Playback in Premiere Pro v22

I've noticed a bug with Premiere Pro 2022 when it comes to fast forwarding in timeline playback (L twice on the keyboard)

I try to fast forward play and after a moment, Premiere stops displaying video, Continues with its audio and bricks the program completely. Usually I'm unable to stop playback and am forced to cycle through different apps until it decides to stop playing.

I'm on a 2021 Intel Mac.
    1/4 Playback Resolution.

It had worked perfectly in Premiere 2021

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Shuttle Right Bug

There is a bug where if i "Shuttle Right" to increase playback speed the audio will speed up but the footage and timeline curser will freeze. Premiere is then totally unresponsive, I can save my work but it still continues until i force quit premiere. VERY annoying as makes editing take far longer. Please fix as has never been a problem before and plays at normal speed absolutely buttery smooth.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. PLAYHEAD MOVEMENT BACK TO 2021 VERSION - should not jump to playhead if i am zoomed into another part of the video and the pause

in the 2022 version; When i press play and the playhead goes off the screen, if i press spacebar it pumps to playhead

in the 2021 version; When i press play and the playhead goes off the screen, if i press spacebar it pauses at the same place and i can continue working the

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Bug Report: Lumetri Color Scope and Video Glitch.

I'm not sure why this bug is happening, but in many cases it's actually making it so that it's hard for me to do both color correction with the Waveform Scope and Monitor the lighting on the video at the same time from my regular monitor. Please fix this ASAP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ew_TodOUMcM

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. PRORES RAW PROBLEM WITH RYZEN / NVIDIA BUILD

My PC:

AMD Ryzen 9 5950X

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080

64gb Ram

Premiere:

V22.2.0 Build 128

First edit job working with footage shot on my FX6 and Ninja V recording ProRes RAW,

Have downloaded PC ProRes plugin etc.

Footage edits and grades like butter. No problem with fx. Looks lovely. Until...

I did full 'in to out' render for best possible playback for director, noticed a few playback glitches, then to my horror exported to H264 mp4 and different flavours of Quicktime ProRes and found these to be even worse. Same out of Media Encoder, Example attached, best illustrated from…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Bug report: Premiere Pro, Programme Monitor issue

When you resize the Programme Monitor and guides are on, a thin strip of transparency grid appears on the right-hand side. Doesn't happen when guides are off.

Have tested with AE Comps and video files, happens each time.

Latest version of PP on Win 10 Pro.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Render files keep getting lost...

Render files keep being ignored by Premiere Pro no matter which version is installed (I have the newest macOS version by the way). When moving to another machine, all the rendered clips are gone (and NO, I haven't forgotten to move all the actual files). This happens also on one single machine after restarting Premiere Pro, but only for some clips. This EXTREMELY IRRITATING BUG is killing my time and resources. Thank you for ignoring all the complains about this bug for many years :) :)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Timeline not responding properly to JKL playback

Since the version 22 release, every now and then the program will stop responding to keyboard inputs when trying to use JKL to quickly move backward or forward through the timeline. This usually results in playing at 2-3x for a minute or more before the software responds and halts playback, then I have to drag the playhead back to where I was and hope it doesn't happen again.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Freezing and crashing during playback

I'm having the same issue as this person references in the link below with V. 22.3 when syncing a separate audio file to a video file. I did not use any markers and the program would bring up the spinning wheel and crash when I tried playing it back in the timeline. I thought it was a codec issue and exported the clip in ProRes but it didn't solve the problem. The only way I could play back the video was to unlink the attached audio and cut the audio file and video file separately and line them up manually.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 27 28
  • Don't see your idea?