Skip to content

Premiere Pro

ANNOUNCEMENT - This forum is moving

In an effort to improve communications between you and the Premiere Pro team, we are moving this feedback forum to the Premiere Pro page on the Adobe Support Community. As requested, bugs and feature requests will be able to live separately in that forum.

This move is happening in part to acknowledge that we haven't been responsive enough here, and we are combining our forums to help remedy that. Ideas and their attached comments from this UserVoice forum will be migrated based on how many people voted for them. Check your profile on the Adobe Support Community to see any migrated posts that you've created or commented on. If you have an item here that did not make the migration, please bring it over to our new home.

See you soon on the Adobe Support Forum!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

583 results found

1. Re-write Warp Stabilizer code and improve performance

Isn't it about time Adobe Premiere SW Engineering team did a complete overhaul of the Warp Stabilizer function?.
    Its a very useful tool but painful to use - even with a very fast system. It appears the code running it is stuck in glue and efficiency is bad.
    Even on a relatively fast system it does not appear to be making full use of CPU resources.
    Competition products seem to be able to do this - so please add to priority engineering Software development list please.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. BUGS GALORE IN LATEST 2020 UPGRADE

Just upgraded 2020 Premiere Pro CC.

• Displays unset, opens project with "media offline" billboard. 4K ProRes (HQ) media is right there, green lined, in the timeline.

Attempt to play yields only audio.

Requires some massaging to get the main display back, in Preferences. I'll have to backtrack ot enumerate the steps. Someday when I have time.

• Low level exception errors while rendering under Metal on 2013 Mac Pro D500's. Source is ProRes (HQ) 4K. Worked perfectly just before the upgrade.

Any other surprises?

PLEASE PLEASE TAKE TIME TO TEST YOUR ENGINEERING CHANGES THOROUGHLY, OR FIND OTHER WORK INSTEAD OF DISRUPTING…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Playback issues with latest updates of everything

When updates are proposed, I usually perform them. I recently updated to the latest versions of CC as well as the latest version of Mac OS (10.14.6).
    I am now finding that playback on any type of material has become stuttering. I tried cleaning cache and things like that, but the problem stays.
    Does anyone experience similar effects?
    I have a Mac Book Pro from early 2015 with Intel Core i7, 2.5 GHz, 16 Gb RAM and a graphical card Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB.
    Thanks for any feedback!

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. PrPro CC 2018 Lagging and unusable. I thought updates are supposed to make apps better? This one got worse...

PrPro CC 2018 is horrible! I can't even work with it, PrPro 2017 was faster and Final cut pro X blows it out of the water. I cant even edit playback lags so bad. Imports crash it, and saving a project does nothing 35% of the time, and causes it to crash the rest of the time. #1 PROBLEM IS LAG! LAG LAG LAG! its really bad!

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Make it so media cache destinations are remembered in the project file.

When I open more than one project, the media cache destination stays the same. Each project file should have an assigned media cache folder that doesn't change. I notice also when I switch hard drives (I have to for this company, no dedicated media server) and switch back, the project file doesn't automatically recognize the original media cache and creates a default on my internal HD. I have to do it manually every time, hopefully without it creating too many cache files that I have to find and delete later.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Warp Stabilizer causes project file size to increase excessively

After applying the Warp Stabilizer to about 50% of the clips in a 15-minute long video the Premiere Pro project file has increased to nearly 150mb which makes the autosave take much longer than it should. When saving takes this long it makes you lose your momentum / flow / train-of-thought, which is why I added this request to the Performance category.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Premiere pro always lagging cant work in the program for more than 5 minutes

I can't work in premiere pro for more than 5 minutes or less the program and the timeline window is always crashing i have to close the program and when i close it it dosent responds so i have to end task then my work dosent saves pls resolve it.
    Adobe is charging a huge fee and there is no use of the softwares

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. GPU-Support for Exporting Canon Cinema Raw Light

Premiere Pro (until version 14.3) does not use the GPU for processing CRM-files. Although you can draw the curtain over that for playback by using proxies, when it comes to exporting you can not get around that problem. The CPU runs at 100%, whereas the GPU runs at 5-15% depending on the effects used. Davinci Resolve is more than 100times faster rendering the same timeline with a similar grading.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Optimization for Multi-thread (AMD Ryzen) processors

I recently updated my system to Ryzen 9 3900X. I have 64GB of 3200Mhz of ram, 6gb 1060gtx. I am editing BMPCC 6k raw footage. Can't playback the footage at full resolution, but that is not the issue. The issue that I'm having is when I apply warp stabilizer it takes 15min to analyze a several second clip and the resources of my computer are completely idle. Rendering 265 and 264 is extremely slow. When rendering the use of the processor doesn't go beyond thirty something percent. This extremely slow workflow is insanely frustrating.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Make it so the media offline notification doesn't appear until AFTER Premire has finished loading up

Because of the yet to be solved bleeding media management issues with Premiere some projects can get large, over 100MBs, and be slow to open. Very slow. Naturally one might step away for a moment to let Premiere slowly do its thing, but it doesn't if something is offline. Rather than open the project as requested, it has to let you know something is offline first. Then you can wait again while your project slowly opens. Can this notice come after the project loads? It'd be more efficient and less invasive.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. BUG: UI issues with audio waveforms displayed

I have been having several issues with a multi-camera source timeline the past couple of days, and I have finally discovered the source of pretty much all the issues.

It's a performance bug in Premiere that cannot handle displaying many audio waveforms at once. Once I turn the audio waveform display off, the performance is very good. Still a little flickery, which has always been the case with CC, and which is something Adobe seems to have decided not important enough to ever address, but that's for another day.

Things that are fixed by turning waveforms off:

• Dragging a clip…
    6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Premiere Pro interface lag on 4k display

I am having a terrible experience with interface lag in Premiere. The editing experience is fine; I have no major issues with playback, but resizing windows and navigating around the timeline is choppy and sluggish. It's worth nothing that I'm editing on a 4k panel. I've done research and it seems like many people have had issues with lag on 4k displays. See video attachment for an example of this lag.

Dell XPS 15 9570
    16gb RAM
    Core i7-8750H
    GTX 1050Ti

I'm running Premiere v13.0.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Premiere Pro 2019 is unbelievably slow and glitchy

I can barely edit my projects without it stopping every 5 seconds. Please help.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Video clips not rendering in PP 2019

Video clips are not rendering properly in PP '19. Same problem in Premiere Rush - see screen shots. I used previous version with same video clips and had no problem.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow for faster analysis in warp stabilizer.

It would be awesome if premiere pro could take full advantage of the available computing power while analyzing for warp stabilizer. For example, I spend a huge amount of time stabilizing each clip in my project independently (which could also be fixed) and when I open my task manager to see what is going on, it is only using 10-20% CPU, 80% memory, and 0-2% GPU. It could go so much faster if it were able to use 100% (for example) of each.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Fix color glitches with iMac Pro 5K Retina display

I was told by Adobe support that there is a problem between Premiere and the iMac Pro's 5K Retina display. Or possibly the problem is with the video card, the Radeon Pro Vega 64. My problem is with the latest version of Premiere (current as of August 24, 2018) Premiere is artificially applying some kind of color treatment to SOME of my clips. And sometimes even within the same clip this happens. But then restart and it's gone...but sometimes it's not. And sometimes you think it's gone but it reappears after you work for a little while, and obviously this…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. performance

Latest 2018 update is unusable.

New release is terrible. Massive performance hit particularly with Multicam - I created a multi group of 6 cameras in new version and it wouldn't play well at all. I exported an xml of the sync sequence and imported that into 2017 where it played really smoothly. Opening the 2017 project in 2018 (it gets converted) made the multi group choppy and unplayable again.

Performance hit also makes the essential graphics title tool unusable.

Also when you open a project you often have to solo and unsolo an audio track to hear anything, it often…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Please no more error called "INVALID MENU OPERATION"

I always received the notification about "INVALID MENU OPERATION" per 5 mins.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Fix bug in 2018.1 queuing to Media Encoder

every time I try to queue a sequence to export in media encoder, Premiere crashes after showing an error

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Improve use of available CPU processing power during render when available

I would like an explanation of why Premiere Pro is not making better//more efficient use of CPU power during render of timeline particularly for things like MOGRTs during rendering
    See my post in community forum for more detail :

https://community.adobe.com/t5/video-hardware-discussions/pc-hardware-performance-improving-rendering-speed-of-mogrts-in-4k/td-p/12916933

Basically with a CPU only at 49% and GPU just idling along I dont understand what Premiere Software is doing if it has another 50% CPU resource left.
    It has been suggested the MOGRT template I have purchased might be inefficient - but can the apparent lack of resource use by the executing software be explained please.
    Is this inefficient…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?