Skip to content

Premiere Pro

ANNOUNCEMENT - This forum is moving

In an effort to improve communications between you and the Premiere Pro team, we are moving this feedback forum to the Premiere Pro page on the Adobe Support Community. As requested, bugs and feature requests will be able to live separately in that forum.

This move is happening in part to acknowledge that we haven't been responsive enough here, and we are combining our forums to help remedy that. Ideas and their attached comments from this UserVoice forum will be migrated based on how many people voted for them. Check your profile on the Adobe Support Community to see any migrated posts that you've created or commented on. If you have an item here that did not make the migration, please bring it over to our new home.

See you soon on the Adobe Support Forum!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

583 results found

1. render selection

Render Selection should work on 'Yellow bar' real-time effects. If you want to guarantee real time playback you should be able to make a timeline selection eg. selecting all the captions on a layer and rendering the selection. Currently, captions are normally 'yellow bar' so Render Selection does not work.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. adobe premiere crashes constantly

after about 15 minutes of editing, i try to click something and it freezes and won't respond. i force quit, start it up again, and it happens again 15 minutes later.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Non Linear Render Optimization of GPU and CPU actions when exporting and rendering.

Currently rendering of effects (in/out) starts at the beginning of the timeline and works toward the end. Often GPU will be rendering while CPU is idle, and then GPU stops working and we see the CPU cores go active. Why not simultaneous usage of GPU and CPU? If an the application is rendering a section of CPU intensive computations, and there next section of the timeline is GPU, why wait for the GPU to get to work on that section? Been watching CPU and GPU history alternate for several minutes. Oh great, now it beach balled mid render.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Autosave - saves every 5 minutes until you need it

Multiple times over the last few months I've had Premiere crash on me and when I go to restore from an autosave I'll notice that it's kept multiple autosave files consistently...but for some reason the last one saved was over an hour ago. I set my autosave file limit to 100 and tell it to save every 5 minutes. How does autosave continue to fail like this?

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. The 12.1 updates makes random distortions/glitches and .png files, and other clips

The 12.1 update has completely messed up all Premiere saved project files and clips contained inside them, showing random distortions/glitches and .png files, and video clips, and then random placements again upon export, which are not visible when going back to the timeline for review

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Has Adobe lost its way with Premiere Pro ?

I have posted this within the Community Forum to see what views other users have.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/video-lounge-discussions/has-adobe-lost-its-way-in-positioning-premiere-pro-to-the-right-market-segment/td-p/12967567

This is a mix of Product Management / Engineering issues - but fundamentally comes down to question 'what is the prioritisation of Engineering Resources allocation for Premiere Pro now and in the future?.'
    If resources are scarce, then why waste them on recent GUI changes that in a lot of people's eyes were not exactly high priority.
    Recent changes have sparked a major outcry, but we still see stability and performance issues.

This post is meant to be constructive and not a swipe at…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Render & Export exteremely slow after 13.1 update

After updating to 13.1 the render for both preview and exporting media has become extermely slow. What used to take 5-10 minutes now takes +15 hours to render. I've tried reseting settings, clearing cache, uninstalling then reinstalling, creating new project files etc. nothing worked.

I finally downgraded back to 13.0.3 and that is still working normally.

I'm using Aero 15x:
    i7-8750H
    GTX1070 Max-Q
    32GB RAM

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Dynamic Linking

Dynamic linking load and playback is very slow (playback does not work) between Premiere and After Effects since CC19/ Mojave update.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Create Proxy Jobs in background?

Much like we need background rendering, it would also be nice to have the "Creating proxies" process happen in the background. Right now, if I'm creating a large batch of proxies, I have to wait for up to 20 minutes at a time while the "Creating Proxy Jobs" dialog box stops me from working. Kind of a waste of time, since I don't think it should be using ALL the processing power of the program just to create proxy jobs for Media Encoder. It would be great if I could actually do some work while this is happening.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Buy an iMac Pro and fix all the bugs with OSX and the new iMac Pro

I’ll try to make this short and to the point:
    Adobe Premiere BARELY works on the new iMac Pro and OSX. Your team needs to buy this computer, and trouble shoot until it’s fixed & optimized.

It crashes. It shuts down. It’s slow. It’s unresponsive. It’s like editing on a 2003 computer. My company has a fully loaded $10,000 brand new iMac Pro with everything the most up to date as possible and we are fed up with Premiere. We are currently looking into Final Cut workflow, because the exact same projects run butter smooth (all 4K raw with no…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Premiere eats all RAM and processing power, more than its limited to in settings. 2019-2020.

I'm sure it's posted here often but want to make sure this is a primary focus for Adobe. Premiere 2019/2020 devours all RAM on my system (32GB, Mac, 10.14.6), even when it's supposed to be limited to X amount of allotted RAM. Leaving RAM for other applications does nothing and it completely takes over my computer. What is Premiere doing in the background that it takes all my machine's memory and power to process? Can we see these background processes? This happens every single time Premiere is opened even if it's the same project. What is happening? Please immediately fix…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

That’s some strange behavior!
    What setting are you using (in PPro Prefs —> Memory), for “RAM reserved for other applications”?
    What other applications are running?
    Do you have any third party extensions or plug-ins installed, and in use?
    About “a normal quit takes up to 20 minutes before the program actually closes”: During that time, PPro is properly releasing all the memory it used during the session. The fact that it’s taking that long suggests a problem with the actual memory, and/or some additional software interacting/interfering with PPro.

12. Skip new features for next release and focus only on bug fixes and speed issues

Focus only on bug fixes and performance will make a big announce to professional community !

Not only it will help adobe to gain back the trust with all users, it will send a strong message to the industry.

A lot of people are switching to other software, the time that took dev teams to fixes all the bugs is too long. On Premiere working on a advanced project that is longer than 8/10 minutes seems impossible now...

Many influencer and creative people are switching to Resolve as it gets better and better... as Phillip Bloom and others...

I think…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Fix Nest problems

Nesting seems very temperamental. Sometimes it causes crashing, render errors. Seems to be ok with software playback, but has many many problems with CUDA or OpenGL.

Common problems including:

After playing a nested clip, sequence program monitor is always black. This sometimes is fixed by opening another sequences and toggling back / changing the playback resolution to 1/4.

Nests also loose their warp stabilisation data regularly.

If anyone else has problems with Nesting, smash that vote button. Enough is enough

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Scaling an image doesn't preview properly (CC2019)

There is a bug which doesn't allow me to preview a scaling animation using keyframes. If there is also a position animation, it will work, but without the position animation, it doesn't work. The image just defaults to whatever the value is in the first keyframe and doesn't scale to the value in the final keyframe.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. make premiere better optimized performance

make premiere better optimized performance. Play UHD 4K mp4 video on i7700K 4.2ghz and gtx1070 8gb and 48gb ram is very sad !! Adobe WHYYYY ???

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Bug: Premiere constantly crashing when double clicking on .r3d files.

Bug: Premiere constantly crashing when double clicking on .r3d files. Basically unusable at the moment. Was a problem in PP2018, but very intermittent. In 2019 PP crashes and is then unable with a "low level error' message after reboot. New project is needed to be created to get any playback after crash. PP likely to crash soon here after, when double clicking .r3d.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Bug PP2019 - Can't see what i'm typing while I rename a file

When I double click to rename a clip in my bin, I can't see what I'm typing until I click away

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Get rid of the bug where the mouse randomly gets stuck behind Premiere.

The mouse sometimes gets placed behind Premiere Pro then I have to close and re-start the program. I am using Windows 7 and Premiere Pro 12.1.0 Build 186, but this has been an issue going back at least three versions. It mostly does it after closing one project and attempting to open another.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Bug in Timeline Razor Tool Leaves Vertical Black Lines That Do Not Refresh

When Windows Scaling is set to 125% there are vertical black lines when using the razor tool in the timeline. It appears to be some sort of scaling redraw\refresh problem.

Detailed information is available in Adobe Support Community link https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/premiere-pro-2020-timeline-razor-tool-leaves-vertical-black-lines-that-do-not-refresh/td-p/10808021

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. BUG: Premiere Pro 2020 "Not Responding" During h.264 Imports

Problem: Importing a 5.5 - 6GB h.264 file (4K/59.94 FPS) causes Premiere to go "Not Responding". The import dialog box stays up, the status bar doesn't move, and both the dialog box and Premiere's title bar say "Not Responding". While this is happening, one core of my OC'd 7900X goes right to 100%. Another core is around 50-70%, and the rest are at or near idle.

This lasts for approximately 1 minute and 20 seconds per file imported, give or take. I can't do a single thing with Premiere while the import is happening; I have to just sit and…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base