Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. PP2020 100% CPU (on 8 cores!) and only 15% GPU utilization

Had to upgrade to fix export issues, now rendering is dog slow.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. TRAVAMENTO

For a long time, I was obliged to use Premiere on a "borrowed" basis because I was unable to buy it. But now I have signed up for the full Adobe package and I have only had problems. Premiere crashes at all times. At each edition of a video, at least 5 are locked in 1 hour of work. And I have a good machine: 16GB of RAM, 2 SSDs, Nvidia GForce Video Card, and i7 processor. Even so, it crashes when importing a file, crashes at the start of rendering (when opening the "export" frame) and crashes when dragging…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Hand short cut extend

Hey,

in After Effects there is a nice trick, when you select the hand tool and you don't deselect it, the Handtool will only be selected as long as you scroll or you are moving through the interface.
    After deselecting the "h" the previous tool that you worked with is selected.
    This is very handy if you have to scroll and find something in the interface (timeline)
    after the deselect you can proceed with whatever you did bevor.

Szenario.

Imagine you are adding cuts to the timeline.
    with the temporarily selected hand tool you
    are able to scroll to a…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Ram Memory consumption goes way up when playing or scrubbing a big image inserted on a timeline

I'm making a video for an artist, so big tiff files are all over. Every time I scrub or work with these big images memory consumption goes to the top of my 24gb ram and eventually crashes if I keep scrubbing to see how a simple movement works.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I am still having trouble importing sound with my videos. I can see the video but there is no sound. I have to use After Effects instead

Can you just combine AE and Premiere Pro? However, I hope this request won't present more problems in the future since AE works fine but Premiere won't import video and sound. I can even import using Dynamics from AE and it still does not work.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. not letting it crash every other minute

Trying to finish - - Freeze - - M - Freeze - m - Freeze - m - Freeze - My work - - - CRASH
    Fix it, guys.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. The project window appears to have a memory leak

After 7 January was when I last successfully edited a multi-clip/multi-bin video.

When I add files to the project or even open the project window, the memory usage of Premiere increases. I am not exactly sure if that is the trigger of the issue, but It creeps up until 25GB when my 32GB machine bluescreens. If I start Premiere without the project window open, its memory usage remains stable.

I have some bizarre behaviour when I try to import videos (.mov) or .jpg. I get told if I recall, the file header is corrupted. The file is not corrupted asI…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Fix the GUI

The following represents about 25% of the time I spend in PP. The other 75% everything runs fine and the interface, while not snappy, is at least reasonably responsive. But during that 25%:

The GUI hangs, lags, becomes unresponsive, elements disappear and it's just generally unusable in this state. Visual feedback like mouseover effects and selection highlights stop working. Dragging clips doesn't show the clip or the snap indicators while dragging so when I release it there's no way to know exactly where it will land and what it will overwrite. Clicking on anything takes many many seconds to have…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Premiere Pro performance suddenly tanks. I'm starting to think it's audio-related. I pray that I can recover *hours* of work.

Please prevent Premiere Pro from suddenly having horrible performance while I'm editing a video. This has happened three times now. Once I fortunately was able to export the 90 seconds of video I'd edited so far and salvage my work that way. Now I may lose more than 10min of footage in a different project.

It seems audio-related. From now on, I'm going to avoid recording voiceovers within Premiere Pro. That always seems to slow the project's performance down to a crawl - permanently. Reboots don't help. Now I experienced similar issues after silencing one of the channels on 3…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Pr 2020 error NVIDIA Quadro K3000M System Compatibility Report

NVIDIA Quadro K3000M worked great with Pr 2019 V 13.1.5. Just updated Pr to 2020 and get System Compatibility Report error on start up. I worked for 2 hours with NVIDA- I have the latest drives installed. They don't understand what happen.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Rush cc cache clear on mobile

We need a way to clear the cache in adobe rush on mobile. The current solution according to adobe support and my research is to delete and reinstall the app. Surely you can do better than that.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Bug: Stacked Timelines Results in Loss of Playhead

Version 14.0.0 (Build 572)

When I have two timelines open at the same time, one above the other, the bottom timeline stops showing the playhead. I can click in the sequence and move things around as usual, but there is no playhead to show where I'm clicking, which makes editing impossible.

If I have three open sequences, each on top of the other, then the bottom two won't show a playhead.

If I move the timelines back into one window (no stacking) the playhead is back and the issue goes away.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Bug Premiere Pro 2020

I am getting error reports now often since last week. Not sure why...
    I checked the system compatibility and it show no issues. But I keep getting this error message. (now often in an editing session)

Run script error - undefined is not an object

Thanks,
    John

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Seems to run in the background

I'm not sure if I'm going loopy but after installing Adobe Creative Desktop with Premiere Pro and PhotoShop, my PC runs slow when doing other tasks. For example, usually when playing games my cpu runs at about 10-20% usage and sits at 40-50 degrees roughly, and my gpu runs at about 60% at 50 degrees also, however after installing my Adobe apps my cpu runs about 30-50% all the time at 60 degrees (you dont want a whole lot hotter), and my gpu runs at 100% and 60 degrees also. I've uninstalled all Adobe apps to see if it changed…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Crashes / melts-down every session after 30-60 minutes in!

After editing for 30 minutes or so (timing in occurrence is not consistent) I find my timeline play marker starts glitching/blinking and doesn't want to move to a different time. Then everything else starts not working (buttons, workspaces...everything). When I try to reset work space it freaks out more and makes it impossible to see anything and I end up having to close it out or shut it down. This happens almost everytime I open and begin editing at some point. Very frustrating! Makes me see why some people are looking into DaVinci Resolve. Which would suck because I've used…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Large images have an extreemly long render time

Animating images is something everyone has to do.

The latest version of Premiere (CC 12.1 Kentos) really chokes on large image moves. Sometimes it's an hour of rendering for something that used to take 3-4 minutes. - Same machine, same setup, the only thing that's changed is software.

If it helps, the first large image renders fine. The next one chokes. - If you cancel the render, and re-start it, it renders fine. But, sometimes Im dealing with hundreds of these images.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Hey Adobe gang, thanks for your hard work, but things really need to improve here...

Hey Adobe gang, thanks for your hard work, but things really need to improve here. There have been crippling bugs in every update. I, along with everyone here, PAYS for use of this software. And I'm close to quitting on you guys because clearly you don't seem to care that you are frankly the best software that I have personally ever worked with for video/film. Right this moment, Reveal in Project and Reveal in Finder is not working. That's not new. There are problems every day. I know if I reset everything it'll kick back in, but the amount of…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. System Detection and Maximizing Utilization of resources

1. Detect what system you're running on, example, mine is an ASUS Pro art 90, with i9-9k, and GPU Quadro P4000 with 64GB Ram..

2. Maximize the usage of the system, especially GPUs to aid in the rendering.

3. Background rendering of footage on timeline which hasn't been touched for at least 5 mins

As currently my system crashes when rendering (Even with more than enough space on my 2 Hard drives.... TWO)

Exports on 2020 are super slow... 500mb video 1080p takes forever... a 1GB video takes almost 2 hours... ridiculous even with CUDA. And CUDA rendering sometimes fails... what the ****..

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. autosave

WHERE IS THE AUTO SAVE!!!! I've been working on my project for 6 hours and it auto saved several times but when I go to open my project it's back at it's original spot. If you open a file after the program shuts down it should automatically open back up from where the auto save last saved. This program and Window's ridiculous random updates make my work flow absolutely NON EXISTENT!!!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base