Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Bug in Timeline Razor Tool Leaves Vertical Black Lines That Do Not Refresh

When Windows Scaling is set to 125% there are vertical black lines when using the razor tool in the timeline. It appears to be some sort of scaling redraw\refresh problem.

Detailed information is available in Adobe Support Community link https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/premiere-pro-2020-timeline-razor-tool-leaves-vertical-black-lines-that-do-not-refresh/td-p/10808021

5 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Premiere 2019 crashes randomly

Premiere 2019 crashes randomly. One minute it is open and I blink and it is gone. I have gotten in the habit of saving every minute or two. Attached is my system information as well as a screenshot of the event viewer error that was associated with a recent crash.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Fix issues with IPP2 within R3D files

I constantly get black frames within my r3d files with working with IPP2. I have tried updating, using all different renderer's and even resizing images with little to no success. I see I'm not the only one with this problem after looking around online.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. thumbnail in project pannel are taking years to load please do some thing

thumbnail in project pannel are taking years to load please do some thing

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. ANOTHER POST ABOUT LOSING RENDER FILES I'M GONNA KEEP SPAMMING THIS BOARD WITH THIS ISSUE UNTIL ITS FIXED, BECAUSE IT'S STILL NOT FIXED! FI

ANOTHER POST ABOUT LOSING RENDER FILES
    I'M GONNA KEEP SPAMMING THIS BOARD WITH THIS ISSUE UNTIL ITS FIXED, BECAUSE IT'S STILL NOT FIXED!

FIX IT!

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Video clips not rendering in PP 2019

Video clips are not rendering properly in PP '19. Same problem in Premiere Rush - see screen shots. I used previous version with same video clips and had no problem.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Make a program that WORKS! Premiere crashes almost every time I open it. Why can't I simply edit videos and see the playback?

No matter what I do, the program freezes, crashes, and a window says "Sorry, a serious error has occurred".
    I am SO sick of paying for this program that never works. I have tried updating all Adobe apps, updating my MacBook, restarting, force quitting, re opening, etc.
    PLEASE HELP!

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. DNxHD Alpha Bug - Premiere CC 2019

There is a strange bug with Premiere CC 2019 where the white not at 100% opacity becomes green
    In the first attach file the rectangle is at 60% opacity
    and in the 2nd the green line appear where there is motion blur

There was a similar bug with premiere cc 2018 with the PNG and it was pretty time consuming.
    Please adobe fix this! I loose time and money having to render all my animations in another codec

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Fix the under utilization for multi threaded CPUs and Multi GPUs (sli)

I have a Windows 10 Pro AMD 1950x system with 64gb of ddr4 ram at 2666mhz. A Samsung 960 evo 500 gb NVMe SSD for my OS, Samsung 970 evo 1tb NVMe ssd for my media source drive, another Samsung 970 evo 1tb NMVe ssd for my cache and scratch drive, 2x GTX 1080s in SLI and I can't scrub 4K UHD multi cam regardless if I use proxies or view at 1/8th resolution in the 2018 version of Adobe Premier Pro like I can in the 2017 version of Premiere Pro. Creating previews is much slower in 2018 vs…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Make it so media cache destinations are remembered in the project file.

When I open more than one project, the media cache destination stays the same. Each project file should have an assigned media cache folder that doesn't change. I notice also when I switch hard drives (I have to for this company, no dedicated media server) and switch back, the project file doesn't automatically recognize the original media cache and creates a default on my internal HD. I have to do it manually every time, hopefully without it creating too many cache files that I have to find and delete later.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. performance

Latest 2018 update is unusable.

New release is terrible. Massive performance hit particularly with Multicam - I created a multi group of 6 cameras in new version and it wouldn't play well at all. I exported an xml of the sync sequence and imported that into 2017 where it played really smoothly. Opening the 2017 project in 2018 (it gets converted) made the multi group choppy and unplayable again.

Performance hit also makes the essential graphics title tool unusable.

Also when you open a project you often have to solo and unsolo an audio track to hear anything, it often…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Multi cam Unreliable..

Multi cam Unreliable..I have clips and external audio which i can hear with my own ears that they match, yet premiere often is unable to sync.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. BUG 12.1 and 12.1.1 playback freeze (with video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8sOBtV9IWs

In the video you can see freshly started PPro on new project created with 12.1.1.

In the beginning everything is fine, but after just couple of seconds of scrubbing it starts to lag more and more until it freezes. Only the audio is playing at that point but video is frozen.

12.0.1 Version of PPro was working with NO problems at all.

Then I upgraded to 12.1 and I started to get video freezes after just couple of minutes of use.

Reverted back to 12.0.1 problems are gone.

Tried new 12.1.1 it worked well for like 4 hours of…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Fix bug in 2018.1 queuing to Media Encoder

every time I try to queue a sequence to export in media encoder, Premiere crashes after showing an error

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Fix Audio Previews/Rendering

Currently, Premiere Pro has no indicator for audio rendering, and appears to render all audio prior to starting playback, causing lag spikes upwards of 20s with a large multi-track file.

This would be okay, if somewhat annoying, if Premiere actually cached and retained this audio after this first time. However, that is not the case. Premiere does not cache the audio to disk, and will discard all of it immediately if you so much as click out of the program for half a second, causing another 20s lag spike before you can start playback again.

Additionally, people have reported related…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. playback

playback lag in version 14.3.1 and 14.3.2
    all my projects were playing fine, but with this version, jkl playback often have a 4 seconds lag, even at 1/8 quality. Had to revert to previous version 14.3.0 and the playback is perfect with this version.
    rtx 2080
    64g ram

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. multicore

About multicore utilization ...

At the present moment, there are thousands of users with new and powerful multi-core CPUs with plenty of power not utilized by Adobe's programs.
    An Adobe response to the demand that Adobe focus on this issue is that "it is difficult" ...

You are a big company, you can solve it - so solve it.

Using the excuse that it is difficult to solve is just silly and provocative - you have to prioritize this issue!

I'm sure you will get incredibly positive reactions from many users if you focus on speed and core utilization in…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Re-write Warp Stabilizer code and improve performance

Isn't it about time Adobe Premiere SW Engineering team did a complete overhaul of the Warp Stabilizer function?.
    Its a very useful tool but painful to use - even with a very fast system. It appears the code running it is stuck in glue and efficiency is bad.
    Even on a relatively fast system it does not appear to be making full use of CPU resources.
    Competition products seem to be able to do this - so please add to priority engineering Software development list please.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Smoother Timeline Scrolling on HiDPI displays

PLEASE do something about the UI performance in Premiere's timeline on Hi Resolution displays. I have a new Mac Pro with XDR Display and even something simple as scrolling horizontally in an almost empty timeline is sluggish and stuttery as ****. Let's not even talk about moving clips around or playback performance of h264 clips, but the simple UI lag is unbearable. Please Please fix this.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Clarify System Requirements

The Premiere Pro system requirements web page describes a minimum specification for Intel processors as the 6th generation, but it does not elaborate as to what specific technology is required. This prevents customers using Xeon processors from assessing their compatibility. Please specify the precise requirements; is it AVX-512 which is required?

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base