Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make it so media cache destinations are remembered in the project file.

When I open more than one project, the media cache destination stays the same. Each project file should have an assigned media cache folder that doesn't change. I notice also when I switch hard drives (I have to for this company, no dedicated media server) and switch back, the project file doesn't automatically recognize the original media cache and creates a default on my internal HD. I have to do it manually every time, hopefully without it creating too many cache files that I have to find and delete later.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. performance

Latest 2018 update is unusable.

New release is terrible. Massive performance hit particularly with Multicam - I created a multi group of 6 cameras in new version and it wouldn't play well at all. I exported an xml of the sync sequence and imported that into 2017 where it played really smoothly. Opening the 2017 project in 2018 (it gets converted) made the multi group choppy and unplayable again.

Performance hit also makes the essential graphics title tool unusable.

Also when you open a project you often have to solo and unsolo an audio track to hear anything, it often…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Fix bug in 2018.1 queuing to Media Encoder

every time I try to queue a sequence to export in media encoder, Premiere crashes after showing an error

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Warp Stabilizer causes project file size to increase excessively

After applying the Warp Stabilizer to about 50% of the clips in a 15-minute long video the Premiere Pro project file has increased to nearly 150mb which makes the autosave take much longer than it should. When saving takes this long it makes you lose your momentum / flow / train-of-thought, which is why I added this request to the Performance category.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Updated to 14.5.0.... LAG

I updated to 14.5.0 and now my projects playback are super stuttery/laggy. CPU usage use to be 100% and now I get maximum 19/20%.

All settings are the same and even reopened projects from months ago and it runs laggy and low CPU usage. I'm paying for a service which just had "upgrades" but ends up being unusable.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Creating Proxies for 120p footage creates 60p proxies?!

I have footage filmed at 120p, 60p and 24p in a sequence. They are all HEVC 10 bit 422 so naturally, the computer is having trouble playing them back, so I waited all night for Premiere to create proxies. It worked fine for the 24p, did that automatically. Did fine for the 60p, did that automatically. However, for the 120p footage, it ignored that it's 120p and just created a bunch of 60p footage, so when I turn on the proxy, it jumps to different areas because the actual footage is 120p!!

Obviously this is a problem since it means…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Adobe Listen to feature requests

My Feature request is for Adobe to Listen to feature requests and not ignore their users

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Playback/Performance Issues

Performance has been extremely poor in 2020. I work at a post house in NY, working off a high end server via 10gig connections and playback in 2020 has been extremely problematic for us. Also happens when editing locally off SSD storage. We usually are working with 3.2k Arri stuff (occasionally Red) -- usually with1920 prores proxies attached and we still are having issues with lag and general performance. This is on a variety of high end machines -- iMac Pros, 2017 iMacs. I'd love to see a focus on overhauling performance and stability in the new release. It's getting…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. BUG PREMIERE PRO 2020

There is an advise of "A low-level exception ocurred in: (Player: 5)"

Please Adobe, i'm paying enough, I dont't want to have this problems. I pay because I work with your software. There are many users having the same ptoblem. Thank You.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Figure out how to properly run on a Mac.

Lets get some performance gains on Macs. Trying to playback 24frames at 1/4 res, global fx off, fast nvme 2500/mbs drive for media, cpu only using 20%. WTF. I'm sure there are enough subscribers to divert money to performance.

2018 MacBook Pro fully maxed (except internal drive)

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Bug in Timeline Razor Tool Leaves Vertical Black Lines That Do Not Refresh

When Windows Scaling is set to 125% there are vertical black lines when using the razor tool in the timeline. It appears to be some sort of scaling redraw\refresh problem.

Detailed information is available in Adobe Support Community link https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/premiere-pro-2020-timeline-razor-tool-leaves-vertical-black-lines-that-do-not-refresh/td-p/10808021

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Premiere 2019 crashes randomly

Premiere 2019 crashes randomly. One minute it is open and I blink and it is gone. I have gotten in the habit of saving every minute or two. Attached is my system information as well as a screenshot of the event viewer error that was associated with a recent crash.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. thumbnail in project pannel are taking years to load please do some thing

thumbnail in project pannel are taking years to load please do some thing

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. ANOTHER POST ABOUT LOSING RENDER FILES I'M GONNA KEEP SPAMMING THIS BOARD WITH THIS ISSUE UNTIL ITS FIXED, BECAUSE IT'S STILL NOT FIXED! FI

ANOTHER POST ABOUT LOSING RENDER FILES
    I'M GONNA KEEP SPAMMING THIS BOARD WITH THIS ISSUE UNTIL ITS FIXED, BECAUSE IT'S STILL NOT FIXED!

FIX IT!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Premiere Pro interface lag on 4k display

I am having a terrible experience with interface lag in Premiere. The editing experience is fine; I have no major issues with playback, but resizing windows and navigating around the timeline is choppy and sluggish. It's worth nothing that I'm editing on a 4k panel. I've done research and it seems like many people have had issues with lag on 4k displays. See video attachment for an example of this lag.

Dell XPS 15 9570
    16gb RAM
    Core i7-8750H
    GTX 1050Ti

I'm running Premiere v13.0.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Video clips not rendering in PP 2019

Video clips are not rendering properly in PP '19. Same problem in Premiere Rush - see screen shots. I used previous version with same video clips and had no problem.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Make a program that WORKS! Premiere crashes almost every time I open it. Why can't I simply edit videos and see the playback?

No matter what I do, the program freezes, crashes, and a window says "Sorry, a serious error has occurred".
    I am SO sick of paying for this program that never works. I have tried updating all Adobe apps, updating my MacBook, restarting, force quitting, re opening, etc.
    PLEASE HELP!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. DNxHD Alpha Bug - Premiere CC 2019

There is a strange bug with Premiere CC 2019 where the white not at 100% opacity becomes green
    In the first attach file the rectangle is at 60% opacity
    and in the 2nd the green line appear where there is motion blur

There was a similar bug with premiere cc 2018 with the PNG and it was pretty time consuming.
    Please adobe fix this! I loose time and money having to render all my animations in another codec

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Fix the under utilization for multi threaded CPUs and Multi GPUs (sli)

I have a Windows 10 Pro AMD 1950x system with 64gb of ddr4 ram at 2666mhz. A Samsung 960 evo 500 gb NVMe SSD for my OS, Samsung 970 evo 1tb NVMe ssd for my media source drive, another Samsung 970 evo 1tb NMVe ssd for my cache and scratch drive, 2x GTX 1080s in SLI and I can't scrub 4K UHD multi cam regardless if I use proxies or view at 1/8th resolution in the 2018 version of Adobe Premier Pro like I can in the 2017 version of Premiere Pro. Creating previews is much slower in 2018 vs…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Please no more error called "INVALID MENU OPERATION"

I always received the notification about "INVALID MENU OPERATION" per 5 mins.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base