Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Premiere 2019 is laggy compared to 2018

Have been running tests all day and it turns out that Premiere 2019 is lags everywhere in the program compared to Premiere 2018. Adobe, please look into this!!!

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I cannot edit it's been stuck in "Media Pending" forever!

I cannot do anything in Premier while it's stuck in Media Pending.

Seriously, you guys need to get your act together, I'm seriously considering switching to different software, this is unacceptable.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Performance Issue with RED Files over Network and Mercury with CUDA

Dear Adobe Community,
    we have a problem in our company with the playback of RED material. In the following I describe the behavior of Premiere Pro when playing back 8K r3d data. But this also affects footage from 5/6K.

First of all about hardware and infrastructure. We have a server with a raid controller (Adaptec 81605zq) which provides 16x4TB Samsung Evo 860 in RAID6. This is connected to the switch by means of 4x10GbE bundled over fiber optics. From here our workstations are connected via 10GbE copper cable. The server runs with MS Server 2016, the workstations with Win 10…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. BUGS GALORE IN LATEST 2020 UPGRADE

Just upgraded 2020 Premiere Pro CC.

• Displays unset, opens project with "media offline" billboard. 4K ProRes (HQ) media is right there, green lined, in the timeline.

Attempt to play yields only audio.

Requires some massaging to get the main display back, in Preferences. I'll have to backtrack ot enumerate the steps. Someday when I have time.

• Low level exception errors while rendering under Metal on 2013 Mac Pro D500's. Source is ProRes (HQ) 4K. Worked perfectly just before the upgrade.

Any other surprises?

PLEASE PLEASE TAKE TIME TO TEST YOUR ENGINEERING CHANGES THOROUGHLY, OR FIND OTHER WORK INSTEAD OF DISRUPTING…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Generating Peak Files should be Multi-threaded

Generating peak files is one of the slowest aspects of Premiere. Can we please make this process faster?

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Playback issues with latest updates of everything

When updates are proposed, I usually perform them. I recently updated to the latest versions of CC as well as the latest version of Mac OS (10.14.6).
    I am now finding that playback on any type of material has become stuttering. I tried cleaning cache and things like that, but the problem stays.
    Does anyone experience similar effects?
    I have a Mac Book Pro from early 2015 with Intel Core i7, 2.5 GHz, 16 Gb RAM and a graphical card Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB.
    Thanks for any feedback!

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. legacy title losing effects options

In CC2019 Legacy title tool loses all its options to edit text. This includes title properties, title style and all the tools. I have to constantly reset to saved workspace to bring back the options. Screenshot shows that all of the options are missing.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. PrPro CC 2018 Lagging and unusable. I thought updates are supposed to make apps better? This one got worse...

PrPro CC 2018 is horrible! I can't even work with it, PrPro 2017 was faster and Final cut pro X blows it out of the water. I cant even edit playback lags so bad. Imports crash it, and saving a project does nothing 35% of the time, and causes it to crash the rest of the time. #1 PROBLEM IS LAG! LAG LAG LAG! its really bad!

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. We are struggling to master 6K Stereoscopic VR footage in Premiere. We need simple workflows!

We are shooting stereoscopic 6K Stereoscopic VR footage and trying to edit in Premiere. Using proxies we are able to get the edit completed in offline mode, but when rendering out the master at 6400x6400@30fps, even our fastest Macs, running latest Mac OS X and latest versions of AME and Premiere are not handling the render and taking days to render a 3 minute video. We would love to be part of the beta testing of the new Insta360 Pro plug-in for Premiere.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. GPU-Support for Exporting Canon Cinema Raw Light

Premiere Pro (until version 14.3) does not use the GPU for processing CRM-files. Although you can draw the curtain over that for playback by using proxies, when it comes to exporting you can not get around that problem. The CPU runs at 100%, whereas the GPU runs at 5-15% depending on the effects used. Davinci Resolve is more than 100times faster rendering the same timeline with a similar grading.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Premiere eats all RAM and processing power, more than its limited to in settings. 2019-2020.

I'm sure it's posted here often but want to make sure this is a primary focus for Adobe. Premiere 2019/2020 devours all RAM on my system (32GB, Mac, 10.14.6), even when it's supposed to be limited to X amount of allotted RAM. Leaving RAM for other applications does nothing and it completely takes over my computer. What is Premiere doing in the background that it takes all my machine's memory and power to process? Can we see these background processes? This happens every single time Premiere is opened even if it's the same project. What is happening? Please immediately fix…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

That’s some strange behavior!
    What setting are you using (in PPro Prefs —> Memory), for “RAM reserved for other applications”?
    What other applications are running?
    Do you have any third party extensions or plug-ins installed, and in use?
    About “a normal quit takes up to 20 minutes before the program actually closes”: During that time, PPro is properly releasing all the memory it used during the session. The fact that it’s taking that long suggests a problem with the actual memory, and/or some additional software interacting/interfering with PPro.

12. Re-write Warp Stabilizer code and improve performance

Isn't it about time Adobe Premiere SW Engineering team did a complete overhaul of the Warp Stabilizer function?.
    Its a very useful tool but painful to use - even with a very fast system. It appears the code running it is stuck in glue and efficiency is bad.
    Even on a relatively fast system it does not appear to be making full use of CPU resources.
    Competition products seem to be able to do this - so please add to priority engineering Software development list please.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Smoother Timeline Scrolling on HiDPI displays

PLEASE do something about the UI performance in Premiere's timeline on Hi Resolution displays. I have a new Mac Pro with XDR Display and even something simple as scrolling horizontally in an almost empty timeline is sluggish and stuttery as ****. Let's not even talk about moving clips around or playback performance of h264 clips, but the simple UI lag is unbearable. Please Please fix this.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Optimization for Multi-thread (AMD Ryzen) processors

I recently updated my system to Ryzen 9 3900X. I have 64GB of 3200Mhz of ram, 6gb 1060gtx. I am editing BMPCC 6k raw footage. Can't playback the footage at full resolution, but that is not the issue. The issue that I'm having is when I apply warp stabilizer it takes 15min to analyze a several second clip and the resources of my computer are completely idle. Rendering 265 and 264 is extremely slow. When rendering the use of the processor doesn't go beyond thirty something percent. This extremely slow workflow is insanely frustrating.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Make it so the media offline notification doesn't appear until AFTER Premire has finished loading up

Because of the yet to be solved bleeding media management issues with Premiere some projects can get large, over 100MBs, and be slow to open. Very slow. Naturally one might step away for a moment to let Premiere slowly do its thing, but it doesn't if something is offline. Rather than open the project as requested, it has to let you know something is offline first. Then you can wait again while your project slowly opens. Can this notice come after the project loads? It'd be more efficient and less invasive.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Fix issues with IPP2 within R3D files

I constantly get black frames within my r3d files with working with IPP2. I have tried updating, using all different renderer's and even resizing images with little to no success. I see I'm not the only one with this problem after looking around online.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Premiere Pro 2019 is unbelievably slow and glitchy

I can barely edit my projects without it stopping every 5 seconds. Please help.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow for faster analysis in warp stabilizer.

It would be awesome if premiere pro could take full advantage of the available computing power while analyzing for warp stabilizer. For example, I spend a huge amount of time stabilizing each clip in my project independently (which could also be fixed) and when I open my task manager to see what is going on, it is only using 10-20% CPU, 80% memory, and 0-2% GPU. It could go so much faster if it were able to use 100% (for example) of each.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Fix color glitches with iMac Pro 5K Retina display

I was told by Adobe support that there is a problem between Premiere and the iMac Pro's 5K Retina display. Or possibly the problem is with the video card, the Radeon Pro Vega 64. My problem is with the latest version of Premiere (current as of August 24, 2018) Premiere is artificially applying some kind of color treatment to SOME of my clips. And sometimes even within the same clip this happens. But then restart and it's gone...but sometimes it's not. And sometimes you think it's gone but it reappears after you work for a little while, and obviously this…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Adobe Premiere Pro Crashing Every 5 Minutes

Adobe PP is crashing every 5 minutes or less. Any time I try to slide a clip over, up or down it will freeze. I am a full time video editor and Premiere Pro is the main software I use for editing. However, it is becoming unbearable to work with. I've been dealing with this for the past month or longer. I waited for a new update in hopes it would be fixed, but since the last update the issue is still occurring.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base