Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Generating Peak Files should be Multi-threaded

Generating peak files is one of the slowest aspects of Premiere. Can we please make this process faster?

7 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Playback issues with latest updates of everything

When updates are proposed, I usually perform them. I recently updated to the latest versions of CC as well as the latest version of Mac OS (10.14.6).
    I am now finding that playback on any type of material has become stuttering. I tried cleaning cache and things like that, but the problem stays.
    Does anyone experience similar effects?
    I have a Mac Book Pro from early 2015 with Intel Core i7, 2.5 GHz, 16 Gb RAM and a graphical card Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB.
    Thanks for any feedback!

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Generating a media cache for thumbnails

C’mon guys, it’s 2019! Give us a cache files for media thumbnails.. Generating them from scratch every single time is, a massive time consuming when working with hundreds of media footage files. It’s a huge turn off for many people.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. legacy title losing effects options

In CC2019 Legacy title tool loses all its options to edit text. This includes title properties, title style and all the tools. I have to constantly reset to saved workspace to bring back the options. Screenshot shows that all of the options are missing.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Bug: Premiere constantly crashing when double clicking on .r3d files.

Bug: Premiere constantly crashing when double clicking on .r3d files. Basically unusable at the moment. Was a problem in PP2018, but very intermittent. In 2019 PP crashes and is then unable with a "low level error' message after reboot. New project is needed to be created to get any playback after crash. PP likely to crash soon here after, when double clicking .r3d.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. PrPro CC 2018 Lagging and unusable. I thought updates are supposed to make apps better? This one got worse...

PrPro CC 2018 is horrible! I can't even work with it, PrPro 2017 was faster and Final cut pro X blows it out of the water. I cant even edit playback lags so bad. Imports crash it, and saving a project does nothing 35% of the time, and causes it to crash the rest of the time. #1 PROBLEM IS LAG! LAG LAG LAG! its really bad!

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. We are struggling to master 6K Stereoscopic VR footage in Premiere. We need simple workflows!

We are shooting stereoscopic 6K Stereoscopic VR footage and trying to edit in Premiere. Using proxies we are able to get the edit completed in offline mode, but when rendering out the master at 6400x6400@30fps, even our fastest Macs, running latest Mac OS X and latest versions of AME and Premiere are not handling the render and taking days to render a 3 minute video. We would love to be part of the beta testing of the new Insta360 Pro plug-in for Premiere.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Insane lag all the time play back

OMFG! how can you work in a videoediting tool with extreme lag - how can you call this a functioning program, this is insanely stupid. I have to use this because work, else I would never ever touch it. Ever. Lag in a video editing program, holy **** man.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Performance Issue with RED Files over Network and Mercury with CUDA

Dear Adobe Community,
    we have a problem in our company with the playback of RED material. In the following I describe the behavior of Premiere Pro when playing back 8K r3d data. But this also affects footage from 5/6K.

First of all about hardware and infrastructure. We have a server with a raid controller (Adaptec 81605zq) which provides 16x4TB Samsung Evo 860 in RAID6. This is connected to the switch by means of 4x10GbE bundled over fiber optics. From here our workstations are connected via 10GbE copper cable. The server runs with MS Server 2016, the workstations with Win 10…

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. BUG PREMIERE PRO 2020

There is an advise of "A low-level exception ocurred in: (Player: 5)"

Please Adobe, i'm paying enough, I dont't want to have this problems. I pay because I work with your software. There are many users having the same ptoblem. Thank You.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Fix Nest problems

Nesting seems very temperamental. Sometimes it causes crashing, render errors. Seems to be ok with software playback, but has many many problems with CUDA or OpenGL.

Common problems including:

After playing a nested clip, sequence program monitor is always black. This sometimes is fixed by opening another sequences and toggling back / changing the playback resolution to 1/4.

Nests also loose their warp stabilisation data regularly.

If anyone else has problems with Nesting, smash that vote button. Enough is enough

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Premiere Pro 2019 is unbelievably slow and glitchy

I can barely edit my projects without it stopping every 5 seconds. Please help.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow for faster analysis in warp stabilizer.

It would be awesome if premiere pro could take full advantage of the available computing power while analyzing for warp stabilizer. For example, I spend a huge amount of time stabilizing each clip in my project independently (which could also be fixed) and when I open my task manager to see what is going on, it is only using 10-20% CPU, 80% memory, and 0-2% GPU. It could go so much faster if it were able to use 100% (for example) of each.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Fix color glitches with iMac Pro 5K Retina display

I was told by Adobe support that there is a problem between Premiere and the iMac Pro's 5K Retina display. Or possibly the problem is with the video card, the Radeon Pro Vega 64. My problem is with the latest version of Premiere (current as of August 24, 2018) Premiere is artificially applying some kind of color treatment to SOME of my clips. And sometimes even within the same clip this happens. But then restart and it's gone...but sometimes it's not. And sometimes you think it's gone but it reappears after you work for a little while, and obviously this…

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Adobe Premiere Pro Crashing Every 5 Minutes

Adobe PP is crashing every 5 minutes or less. Any time I try to slide a clip over, up or down it will freeze. I am a full time video editor and Premiere Pro is the main software I use for editing. However, it is becoming unbearable to work with. I've been dealing with this for the past month or longer. I waited for a new update in hopes it would be fixed, but since the last update the issue is still occurring.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Warp Stabilizer causes project file size to increase excessively

After applying the Warp Stabilizer to about 50% of the clips in a 15-minute long video the Premiere Pro project file has increased to nearly 150mb which makes the autosave take much longer than it should. When saving takes this long it makes you lose your momentum / flow / train-of-thought, which is why I added this request to the Performance category.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Adobe Listen to feature requests

My Feature request is for Adobe to Listen to feature requests and not ignore their users

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Playback/Performance Issues

Performance has been extremely poor in 2020. I work at a post house in NY, working off a high end server via 10gig connections and playback in 2020 has been extremely problematic for us. Also happens when editing locally off SSD storage. We usually are working with 3.2k Arri stuff (occasionally Red) -- usually with1920 prores proxies attached and we still are having issues with lag and general performance. This is on a variety of high end machines -- iMac Pros, 2017 iMacs. I'd love to see a focus on overhauling performance and stability in the new release. It's getting…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Make it so the media offline notification doesn't appear until AFTER Premire has finished loading up

Because of the yet to be solved bleeding media management issues with Premiere some projects can get large, over 100MBs, and be slow to open. Very slow. Naturally one might step away for a moment to let Premiere slowly do its thing, but it doesn't if something is offline. Rather than open the project as requested, it has to let you know something is offline first. Then you can wait again while your project slowly opens. Can this notice come after the project loads? It'd be more efficient and less invasive.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Figure out how to properly run on a Mac.

Lets get some performance gains on Macs. Trying to playback 24frames at 1/4 res, global fx off, fast nvme 2500/mbs drive for media, cpu only using 20%. WTF. I'm sure there are enough subscribers to divert money to performance.

2018 MacBook Pro fully maxed (except internal drive)

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base