Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Bug PP2019 - Can't see what i'm typing while I rename a file

When I double click to rename a clip in my bin, I can't see what I'm typing until I click away

10 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

10 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Buy an iMac Pro and fix all the bugs with OSX and the new iMac Pro

I’ll try to make this short and to the point:
    Adobe Premiere BARELY works on the new iMac Pro and OSX. Your team needs to buy this computer, and trouble shoot until it’s fixed & optimized.

It crashes. It shuts down. It’s slow. It’s unresponsive. It’s like editing on a 2003 computer. My company has a fully loaded $10,000 brand new iMac Pro with everything the most up to date as possible and we are fed up with Premiere. We are currently looking into Final Cut workflow, because the exact same projects run butter smooth (all 4K raw with no…

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Render and Replace is Extremely Ineffecient

Given the prolific "GPU Render Error" bug affecting... most people, using "Render and Replace" on any AE-nested layers (something I use heavily) has become an important part of my workflow.
    However, the "rendering" is... slow as ****. It doesn't use ANY system resources compared to actually rendering the file in AE or nesting the layer, rendering that nested sequence out, and bringing it back in - both of which are very inefficient approaches.
    On any system I've used, CPU and GPU load stays extremely low and the render takes far longer than it would through other render methods.
    This feature…

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Windows Opening Offscreen on Mac

You need to fix this. Anytime I open a bin from my project window that new window opens offscreen with just the edge visible. It's impossible to drag the window down and I have to toggle workspaces just to be able to access the window. Huge frustration and waste of time.

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. BUG: Miserable Playback in Pr 2020 versus 2019 (Layer visibility no longer affects playback performace)

In the newest version of Premiere Pro 2020 (Version 14.0.0), realtime playback performance takes a hit for every layer whether or not they are visible (whether or not the eyeball is on or off).

This was not the behaviour in 2019. If playback performance was poor because we had too many layers of information streaming in, we could turn off (click the eyeball) for layers and playback performance would improve dramatically. Only the visible layers would load and and I could watch at 3x speed. Now I can't even listen to just the audio tracks at 3x speed because it's…

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Fix VFR Performance

There are are numerous threads on the Adobe Forums concerning VFR performance issues in 13.1.4. These users are seeing a large detriment when editing VFR compared to steady frame rate footage. Please fix this performance issue or post official documentation describing the issue and offering troubleshooting steps such as transcoding with open source software including Handbrake. Threads:

https://forums.adobe.com/message/11229628#11229628
    https://forums.adobe.com/message/11226112#11226112
    https://forums.adobe.com/message/11225930#11225930
    https://forums.adobe.com/message/11217231#11217231
    https://forums.adobe.com/message/11213814#11213814
    https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2628833
    https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/35095813-please-improve-variable-framerate-support
    https://www.reddit.com/r/premiere/comments/cvb9v5/videofootageisbufferingandglitchingin/ey35gss/

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Speed and Stability needs to catch up to Davinci Resolve and Final Cut - you are WAY behind!

Premiere and After Effects are in need of a massive performance and stability improvement this year. For the past 3 years now, Final Cut Pro has been benchmarking 8-16x faster in rendering and playback than your product. That's just the start, try Davinci Resolve - even FASTER than Final Cut! At the rates Adobe charges for a subscription there is no excuse for this, whatsoever.
    Re-prioritize performance over gimmicky bells/whistles and get Premiere Pro and After Effects performance with GPUs back in the game on par with your competition that all charge FAR LESS than you. Davinci Resolve has made…

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. It's crashing a lot. Don't understand why. Can someone help me fix this issue.

I feel I'm wasting my money on this. It's been a week now and its really troubling me and slowing me down. The software crashes and its taking longer than ever to load.

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Adding Thumbnails CACHE - stop constant thumbnail regeneration (creating new bin, switching workspaces, ...)

It's frustrating to wait until they're generated every single time we re-open a bin, make a new bin, switch between workspaces, or simply scroll down after a long time.
    It makes every time, when you close or open a bin, or make a new bin and put videos in it.
    Thank you! :)

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. smart rendering for Xavc-s

fix the render with the new computer the render is very slow
    it s possible to increase the smart rendering for xavc-s codec ( same dnx or pro res )
    thanks

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Have a program that doesn't crash always.

My program crashes every time when switching between windows, for example switching from Editing to Color. This has been an issue since 12.0 came out and still has not been fixed and makes the program practically unusable. I have tried the suggested troubleshooting method but that method is misleading and tells you to uninstall a program twice (you can't uninstall an uninstalled program...)

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Bug in Premiere Pro - version 14.5.0

I updated to the latest version today, Oct. 21, 2020 - - whenever I am working in a project in Premiere, and then close the project to open another project, ALL keyboard shortcuts stop working. I have to completely quit Premiere, and reset preferences (hold "Option/ALT" upon launching) for the shortcuts to be restored.

And then if I hop to another project, again, the shortcuts stop working.

I have zero custom keyboard shortcuts; all of the shortcuts that cease to work are the ones native to Premiere.

Premiere Version: 14.5.0

Working on an iMac Pro 2017
    macOS Catalina - 10.15.7

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Sounds scary; we’re not yet able to reproduce that behavior, here.

Confirming: In Preferences —> General —> Most Recent, is yours set to show the Home screen (the default behavior), or have you changed the pref to “open most recent”?

13. BUGS GALORE IN LATEST 2020 UPGRADE

Just upgraded 2020 Premiere Pro CC.

• Displays unset, opens project with "media offline" billboard. 4K ProRes (HQ) media is right there, green lined, in the timeline.

Attempt to play yields only audio.

Requires some massaging to get the main display back, in Preferences. I'll have to backtrack ot enumerate the steps. Someday when I have time.

• Low level exception errors while rendering under Metal on 2013 Mac Pro D500's. Source is ProRes (HQ) 4K. Worked perfectly just before the upgrade.

Any other surprises?

PLEASE PLEASE TAKE TIME TO TEST YOUR ENGINEERING CHANGES THOROUGHLY, OR FIND OTHER WORK INSTEAD OF DISRUPTING…

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Make Proxies for All Clips in Specific Sequence Please!

Let's finally add the ability to create proxies for a specific sequence.

If you have multiple takes for a scene, and you grab selects to create a stringout, allow us to simply right click, etc, the sequence/timeline tab and "create proxies for sequence"

Then the auto proxy workflow would work like it does and make proxies for those clips online.

Currently to do this, if proxies aren't made for every clip (or not relinking! :/ ) we have to individually select each clip, go to the project panel, right clip, make proxy. Over and over. And with many clips this…

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Create a way to stack markers

Make an optional function so that markers can stack on top of each other. Whenever I create multiple markers with duration they cover each other. I would love to be able to see all of them at once so that I don't move one and see I had many underneath.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Premiere 2019 is laggy compared to 2018

Have been running tests all day and it turns out that Premiere 2019 is lags everywhere in the program compared to Premiere 2018. Adobe, please look into this!!!

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Scaling an image doesn't preview properly (CC2019)

There is a bug which doesn't allow me to preview a scaling animation using keyframes. If there is also a position animation, it will work, but without the position animation, it doesn't work. The image just defaults to whatever the value is in the first keyframe and doesn't scale to the value in the final keyframe.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. I cannot edit it's been stuck in "Media Pending" forever!

I cannot do anything in Premier while it's stuck in Media Pending.

Seriously, you guys need to get your act together, I'm seriously considering switching to different software, this is unacceptable.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Canon C200 RAW - worse performance at half res than at full res

The new Canon C200 RAW support appears to have performance issues on Windows using CUDA. We tested the 14-core iMac Pro with 4K 24FPS Canon C200 RAW video and can get ~22FPS at full res and 24FPS at half res. On a PC with a Core i9 7940X, GTX 1080 Ti, 128GB of RAM, and a Samsung 960 Pro 1TB storage drive we are getting ~23FPS at full res and ~19FPS at half res.

Performance shouldn't get worse at lower playback resolutions, and since this isn't happening on a Mac it appears to be an issue with the Windows version…

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Optimization for Multi-thread (AMD Ryzen) processors

I recently updated my system to Ryzen 9 3900X. I have 64GB of 3200Mhz of ram, 6gb 1060gtx. I am editing BMPCC 6k raw footage. Can't playback the footage at full resolution, but that is not the issue. The issue that I'm having is when I apply warp stabilizer it takes 15min to analyze a several second clip and the resources of my computer are completely idle. Rendering 265 and 264 is extremely slow. When rendering the use of the processor doesn't go beyond thirty something percent. This extremely slow workflow is insanely frustrating.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base