Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I need to work!!! 13.1 is a shocking release

After 13.1 release I have a lot of new bugs!!!!
    - Playback and encoding don't works properly with a lot of lags/freeze/lock images...!!!
    - Media Encoder or premiere shut down randomly!
    - Previous title editor shift/hide commands sections...
    - Workspaces don't recall real windows positions/layouts!!!
    And other minor but incredible bugs...

And a lot of other minor bugs... incredible...

14 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Crashes when Saving As on Export Media screen

When changing the name of a sequence being exported under "Export Media," the Save As window causes the entirety of Premiere Pro CC 2018 12.1

14 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. adobe premiere crashes constantly

after about 15 minutes of editing, i try to click something and it freezes and won't respond. i force quit, start it up again, and it happens again 15 minutes later.

13 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. The 12.1 updates makes random distortions/glitches and .png files, and other clips

The 12.1 update has completely messed up all Premiere saved project files and clips contained inside them, showing random distortions/glitches and .png files, and video clips, and then random placements again upon export, which are not visible when going back to the timeline for review

13 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Dynamic Linking

Dynamic linking load and playback is very slow (playback does not work) between Premiere and After Effects since CC19/ Mojave update.

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. render selection

Render Selection should work on 'Yellow bar' real-time effects. If you want to guarantee real time playback you should be able to make a timeline selection eg. selecting all the captions on a layer and rendering the selection. Currently, captions are normally 'yellow bar' so Render Selection does not work.

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. change the tracks order on the timeline

It would be great to change the tracks order on the timeline: move up or down, or even better....drag it!

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Non Linear Render Optimization of GPU and CPU actions when exporting and rendering.

Currently rendering of effects (in/out) starts at the beginning of the timeline and works toward the end. Often GPU will be rendering while CPU is idle, and then GPU stops working and we see the CPU cores go active. Why not simultaneous usage of GPU and CPU? If an the application is rendering a section of CPU intensive computations, and there next section of the timeline is GPU, why wait for the GPU to get to work on that section? Been watching CPU and GPU history alternate for several minutes. Oh great, now it beach balled mid render.

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Autosave - saves every 5 minutes until you need it

Multiple times over the last few months I've had Premiere crash on me and when I go to restore from an autosave I'll notice that it's kept multiple autosave files consistently...but for some reason the last one saved was over an hour ago. I set my autosave file limit to 100 and tell it to save every 5 minutes. How does autosave continue to fail like this?

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add Full Metal 2.0 support

Please add Metal 2.0 support in Mac OSX to utilize 100% of GPU and CPU during playback, render & export. It's a killer feature for any Editor on Mac platform.

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Robust Proxy-File Management Module

With proxy files being a necessity for high-resolution video files, it only makes sense to give the user more control over them.

I propose a "Proxy File Browser" window where the user can see the current file location of the active project's proxy files, as well as interact with said proxies. The "Proxy File Browser" window should also have a handful of features like "Unlink," "Unlink and Delete," and "Re-render with New Settings."

It is very time-consuming to have the user manually navigate and manage the proxy files through the operating system's file explorer since some projects can contain many…

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Render & Export exteremely slow after 13.1 update

After updating to 13.1 the render for both preview and exporting media has become extermely slow. What used to take 5-10 minutes now takes +15 hours to render. I've tried reseting settings, clearing cache, uninstalling then reinstalling, creating new project files etc. nothing worked.

I finally downgraded back to 13.0.3 and that is still working normally.

I'm using Aero 15x:
    i7-8750H
    GTX1070 Max-Q
    32GB RAM

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. make premiere better optimized performance

make premiere better optimized performance. Play UHD 4K mp4 video on i7700K 4.2ghz and gtx1070 8gb and 48gb ram is very sad !! Adobe WHYYYY ???

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Make Optical Flow the Default for Time Interpolation

From what I've seen, Optical Flow is almost always the best option for Time Interpolation. As such, I really think it should be the default setting. At the very least, give us an option to set out preference.

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. background render via media encoder

background render via media encoder

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. BIG FIX: Slow Lagging sluggish interface? Close Essential Graphics (Browse Panel)

BUG FIX: The interface becomes slow, sluggish and laggy when the Essential Graphics "Browse" panel is open. Close this panel to improve performance considerably.

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Get rid of the bug where the mouse randomly gets stuck behind Premiere.

The mouse sometimes gets placed behind Premiere Pro then I have to close and re-start the program. I am using Windows 7 and Premiere Pro 12.1.0 Build 186, but this has been an issue going back at least three versions. It mostly does it after closing one project and attempting to open another.

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Skip new features for next release and focus only on bug fixes and speed issues

Focus only on bug fixes and performance will make a big announce to professional community !

Not only it will help adobe to gain back the trust with all users, it will send a strong message to the industry.

A lot of people are switching to other software, the time that took dev teams to fixes all the bugs is too long. On Premiere working on a advanced project that is longer than 8/10 minutes seems impossible now...

Many influencer and creative people are switching to Resolve as it gets better and better... as Phillip Bloom and others...

I think…

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Please Fix the slow, laggy UI on 5k HiDPI Screens!

Hi,

I just got a brand new Apple Mac Pro with the 32 GB Vega II GPU and was hoping it would finally bring smooth UI performance to my 5k Display in Premiere. Sadly, this has absolutely not been the case. Simply scrubbing the timeline, or moving a clip around is so sluggish and slow, it‘s just god awful. The same project on a 6 years old trashcan Mac Pro with 3xFull HD Displays runs absolutely like butter.

Other software, like Final Cut, manage the same performance on the new machine on a 5k Display, but not Premiere. This is…

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. BUG: Premiere Pro 2020 "Not Responding" During h.264 Imports

Problem: Importing a 5.5 - 6GB h.264 file (4K/59.94 FPS) causes Premiere to go "Not Responding". The import dialog box stays up, the status bar doesn't move, and both the dialog box and Premiere's title bar say "Not Responding". While this is happening, one core of my OC'd 7900X goes right to 100%. Another core is around 50-70%, and the rest are at or near idle.

This lasts for approximately 1 minute and 20 seconds per file imported, give or take. I can't do a single thing with Premiere while the import is happening; I have to just sit and…

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base