Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Effect impact calculator

In a recent production, I added a number of video effects. These may have an enormous impact on the amount of time it takes to encode your end result. If you're on a tight deadline, perhaps a high impact effect such as Denoising or Light Wrap isn't the best choice...

Is it possible to for Premiere Pro to alert the user that disabling certain effects will improve the time it takes to encode the project, so the user can make deliberate changes to the use of these effects?

Also, instead of having to go through all of the clips where…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. The transcription beta program is not completing on 2017 MacBook Air

I have tried on clips of several different lengths and it never finishes the process.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Freezing on Add or Delete track -PC

On the new update to Premiere, it freezes whenever I add or delete a track. Windows 10 pro 64 bit. AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-core, 24-Thread- processor. MSI RTX 2070 - graphics card

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Markers Apply Slower and Slower the More Markers are Applied

I use the markers panel extensively and I'm noticing recently that as I place more markers, it takes more and more time for the marker window to pop up. I'm half way done typing my marker text before it pops up. The clips I work with are LONG so this delay gets unbearably long. Not sure if this is new with the latest version or if I'm just noticing it now, but I JUST upgraded my CPU to Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8GHz, partially to mitigate this issue, running on an SSD using Windows 10, so it's not a hardware issue.…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Performance: Playback starts freezing frequently on Mac

While editing a sequence, Premiere will sometimes just stop working. When this happens, I usually can't toggle the play/pause button. When I can, there is often a 10 second delay before playback start/stops. The preview will also not update for a number of seconds as I navigate through the sequence.

This sequence is composed of clips with the same video format and is not very complex. I don't know what exactly what triggers this but reloading premiere does not fix it. It makes Premiere pretty much unusable when it happens.

This is with Premiere 14.6.0 (build 51) on MacOS 11.01.…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Drop audio file on timeline - non responsive version 14.6 MacOSX Big Sur

I recently upgraded to Premier Pro 14.6. I drop an audio file on the time line and Premier pro seems to temporarily lock up. It slows the entire creation process to its knees. Hitting play does nothing for over a minute. You can't click to a new spot on the timeline. It is really horrible. I am running on MacOS Big Sur 11.01. This is a bug and not an idea.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Please Fix the slow, laggy UI on 5k HiDPI Screens!

Hi,

I just got a brand new Apple Mac Pro with the 32 GB Vega II GPU and was hoping it would finally bring smooth UI performance to my 5k Display in Premiere. Sadly, this has absolutely not been the case. Simply scrubbing the timeline, or moving a clip around is so sluggish and slow, it‘s just god awful. The same project on a 6 years old trashcan Mac Pro with 3xFull HD Displays runs absolutely like butter.

Other software, like Final Cut, manage the same performance on the new machine on a 5k Display, but not Premiere. This is…

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Video/Audio Track Bug

Since the latest update, when adding a video/audio track, I'm unable to add a video/audio track to a timeline without crashing the program.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. GPU-Support for Exporting Canon Cinema Raw Light

Premiere Pro (until version 14.3) does not use the GPU for processing CRM-files. Although you can draw the curtain over that for playback by using proxies, when it comes to exporting you can not get around that problem. The CPU runs at 100%, whereas the GPU runs at 5-15% depending on the effects used. Davinci Resolve is more than 100times faster rendering the same timeline with a similar grading.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. error message Frame substitution

I was editing all day then I got an update to 14.4 ALL my video clips on the time line went black I got the error message Frame substitution. I am in the middle of a project for a client and can not afford any delays. I can not see any of the footage and any on the timeline . HOW DO I FIX THIS !!!???

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Monitor Freeze 14.7

Premiere Pro 14.7 build 23
    Graphics card Nvidia GeForce 1080Ti, Driver 460.89
    Windows 10

The program monitor (and external monitor) freeze when using the "N" shortcut to change the point of an audio edit. The monitor is showing the video on V1 and large timecode.

I can continue to edit, but the program monitor stays frozen. Double-clicking a source file to see it in the source monitor doesn't work. Only way to continue to edit is to restart the program after ending the process in the task manager.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Multicam Edit Bug

Ok you really need to fix the issues with the multicam-nested sequence. The 'feature' is no longer a viable solution for my workplace as it is so unreliable.

I've done approximately 15 multicam (2-4) camera projects and over half of them the multicam has failed. Either ignored my camera switching edits at a random point in time (resulting in reediting ENTIRE PROJECT) or just plain refused to render anything (there in preview monitor, black in multicam).

I have contacted support, which your response time is useless for dealing with the issue in a practical timeframe.

Seriously not worth the fortune…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Fix Project Load time

Even for small projects, after this weeks round of updates, it now takes forever for projects to open.
    Stuck waiting for all media to be loaded and often application never loads all the media and I am forced to restart or reboot.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Please fix flickering play-head resulting in inactive timeline

Still getting this flickering playhead issue. My interface basically become inactive when this happens. I've done everything: Update graphics card, updated Adobe Premiere and reworked my cache and ram. I've configured the graphics on the computer for Premiere and udated the C++ preview files. There is really no workaround for this? (Video of what is happening attached)

Work Computer:

Windows 10.0.18362

Ryzen 7 2700 Eight-Core

16 GB Ram

AMD Radeon RX 580

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. When using proxies, effect previews should be rendered using proxies, not original footage.

Currently, when using proxies, if I add lumetri color to a strip, it reverts to the original 4k footage to generate the preview, which defeats the purpose of using proxies. In order to make proxies more useful and efficient, previews of effects (especially real-time effects) should be rendered using the proxies rather than the original footage. Naturally, once you revert back to the original footage (turning off proxies), new previews will need to be generated, but this seems to be the correct expected behavior.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. New sequence dialogue box not fitting on my 14" laptop

I am a student working on premiere pro from home. I have a 14" laptop and the dialog box for "new sequence" is to big for my screen i cannot click "ok" to confirm my changes.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. New sequence dialogue box not fitting on my 14" laptop

I am a student working on premiere pro from home. I have a 14" laptop and the dialog box for "new sequence" is to big for my screen i cannot click "ok" to confirm my changes.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. BUGS GALORE IN LATEST 2020 UPGRADE

Just upgraded 2020 Premiere Pro CC.

• Displays unset, opens project with "media offline" billboard. 4K ProRes (HQ) media is right there, green lined, in the timeline.

Attempt to play yields only audio.

Requires some massaging to get the main display back, in Preferences. I'll have to backtrack ot enumerate the steps. Someday when I have time.

• Low level exception errors while rendering under Metal on 2013 Mac Pro D500's. Source is ProRes (HQ) 4K. Worked perfectly just before the upgrade.

Any other surprises?

PLEASE PLEASE TAKE TIME TO TEST YOUR ENGINEERING CHANGES THOROUGHLY, OR FIND OTHER WORK INSTEAD OF DISRUPTING…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Make projects seperate

I find it hard to work on multiple premiere pro projects without saving one file over the other. I've spent hours editing a video with 50+ files and now while trimming one single clip, I've accidentally saved this one clip over the much more layered project.

Now I must start the edit again, despite the fact I clearly started a new project and closed the old panel. So frustrating!!!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Keep sizing preferences when using Legacy Text

When using the legacy text feature, which is still a preference, the display parameters reset everytime it is used. Please could they maintain the size and layout of the users preference every time it is used?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base