Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Fix issues with IPP2 within R3D files

I constantly get black frames within my r3d files with working with IPP2. I have tried updating, using all different renderer's and even resizing images with little to no success. I see I'm not the only one with this problem after looking around online.

3 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Crashes / melts-down every session after 30-60 minutes in!

After editing for 30 minutes or so (timing in occurrence is not consistent) I find my timeline play marker starts glitching/blinking and doesn't want to move to a different time. Then everything else starts not working (buttons, workspaces...everything). When I try to reset work space it freaks out more and makes it impossible to see anything and I end up having to close it out or shut it down. This happens almost everytime I open and begin editing at some point. Very frustrating! Makes me see why some people are looking into DaVinci Resolve. Which would suck because I've used…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make Premiere Pro 2019 work...

Premiere Pro 2019 is unusable. Video preview cannot be played, any change voids work area renders, renders take exceptionslly long time.

Numerous people rolling back to 2018 and 2017 to keep working...

If uninstalled and reinstalled various combinations of Premiere and all CC products and both 2019 and 2018 versions of Premiere have become unusable.

31 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Large images have an extreemly long render time

Animating images is something everyone has to do.

The latest version of Premiere (CC 12.1 Kentos) really chokes on large image moves. Sometimes it's an hour of rendering for something that used to take 3-4 minutes. - Same machine, same setup, the only thing that's changed is software.

If it helps, the first large image renders fine. The next one chokes. - If you cancel the render, and re-start it, it renders fine. But, sometimes Im dealing with hundreds of these images.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Make it not suck. I am runnning a top of the range, latest imac. Premiere 2019 felt smooth, responsive, lovely to cut with. 2020 NOT

Make 2020 smooth, not jittery. That would be a start... Also don't release software before it's ready please...

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Use GPU video decode in source windows for h.264, h.265, 8 and 10 bit

All modern videocards support fast video-decode. Premiere is not using this free bonus.

We and many users experience sloppy 4K ans 8K performance in source window with dropping frames and hight CPU utlilization as a result.

The new Nvidia RTX2060 RTX 2070 and RTX2080 even support 10 bits video decoding. See decode matrix form Nvidia.

Even the fastest CPU will have problems some videostreams, even 4K 10 bit drops frames not to speak of 8K. With hardware decoding this is no longer a problem. The CPU utilization will be lower and the Premiere will be more responsive as a result.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Hey Adobe gang, thanks for your hard work, but things really need to improve here...

Hey Adobe gang, thanks for your hard work, but things really need to improve here. There have been crippling bugs in every update. I, along with everyone here, PAYS for use of this software. And I'm close to quitting on you guys because clearly you don't seem to care that you are frankly the best software that I have personally ever worked with for video/film. Right this moment, Reveal in Project and Reveal in Finder is not working. That's not new. There are problems every day. I know if I reset everything it'll kick back in, but the amount of…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Fix warp stabilization bug with 4k footage

When trying to add warp stabilizer on 4k (4096x2160) footage, the rendered footage changes position in the frame. this does not happen with UHD (3840x2160) footage, only true 4k. This also does not happen in version 12 of premiere, only version 13.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. System Detection and Maximizing Utilization of resources

1. Detect what system you're running on, example, mine is an ASUS Pro art 90, with i9-9k, and GPU Quadro P4000 with 64GB Ram..

2. Maximize the usage of the system, especially GPUs to aid in the rendering.

3. Background rendering of footage on timeline which hasn't been touched for at least 5 mins

As currently my system crashes when rendering (Even with more than enough space on my 2 Hard drives.... TWO)

Exports on 2020 are super slow... 500mb video 1080p takes forever... a 1GB video takes almost 2 hours... ridiculous even with CUDA. And CUDA rendering sometimes fails... what the ****..

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Premiere's Search Bar not working in v.13.0.2

Hi All,

Premiere's Search bar isn't working properly again and wondering how to fix this issue. Using version 13.0.2. Tried to "Save All Projects", "Close All Projects", then "Open Project", waited for all media to be loaded and still wouldn't get the search bar working. Anyone have a solution to fix this issue/bug?

14 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Trying to use Premiere 2018 and have problem with 'gradient wipe'

Trying to use Premiere pro 2018 (having cpu issues with 2019 and 20 due to older computer) but gradient wipe does not work!! I don't understand why if Adobe supports 2018, and it's available to download they can't give me the updated versions of 2018 in which this problem was fixed? CRM:08022000001557

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. better scrubbing and playback performance - 4k avchd/h264 long gop

i've uploaded this video which displays the night and day difference in scrubbing performance between Premiere and Resolve.
    4k AVCHD footage from Sony A7iii

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilPUc22itSA

17 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. The software is full of bugs and crashes constantly. Playback is extreamly unresponsive!

It has hit the point where the program is almost impossible to use. I have invested a lot of money to keep my hardware up to date. I haven't had any luck. My current systems are running on Nvme drives with 3,500 MB's transfer speeds, GTX 1080 TI, SSD for scratch discs, i9900k. Premiere seems to be work fine for small 2min videos that doesn't require a lot of footage. The moment my timelines get larger than 23min I start to run into problems, I think the software cant cope with the large amounts of cache files but I'm no…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Speed and Stability needs to catch up to Davinci Resolve and Final Cut - you are WAY behind!

Premiere and After Effects are in need of a massive performance and stability improvement this year. For the past 3 years now, Final Cut Pro has been benchmarking 8-16x faster in rendering and playback than your product. That's just the start, try Davinci Resolve - even FASTER than Final Cut! At the rates Adobe charges for a subscription there is no excuse for this, whatsoever.
    Re-prioritize performance over gimmicky bells/whistles and get Premiere Pro and After Effects performance with GPUs back in the game on par with your competition that all charge FAR LESS than you. Davinci Resolve has made…

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Legacy Title resized the text!

I've reopened a project where I had A LOT of text made in legacy titles and it's much bigger than what it used to be, moving it to the right! That messed up everything and I would now have to go back in and manually change everything. Is there is a way to fix this issue?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Mouse disappearing after latest update

The mouse disappears after switching from editing to audio mode. I've tried this a couple times to see if it was a one time thing and it happened again.

36 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Make Premiere Less Slow Again

What has happened in 13.1.4?? Rendering has always been slow, but the new iteration of PP has really taken a step backwards...................

I'm doing some hard work indeed, but my renders have taken a giant step slow-ward in 13.1.4. Long live 12.1.2!

25 minutes for 172 frames?? There's not even any noise reduction plugins amirite?

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Premiere Pro freezes after update

Premiere Pro freezes after update. Lumetri Color frezzes everything. I cant work! I have a deadline!!!!!!!!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Try using your own software

I'm being serious. Using Premiere over the past few years makes it painfully obvious that not enough people at Adobe are using Premiere. It's so buggy now that I'm embarrassed to use it in front of other people.

Divert some engineers to actually make some videos with the product. Real videos, not simple vlog stuff. You'll see how miserable the experience has become. I don't believe you could release such unreliable software if you actually had to deal with using it.

I'm confident this thread will be taken down just like all the other people who have told you to…

95 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base