Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Productions Panel Not Reflecting Changes To Files

Any modifications to files and folders (creating, moving, renaming, trashing, etc.) in the Production panel are not being reflected. The only workaround has been to close and then reopen the Productions panel. Have tried trashing preferences, and uninstalling and reinstalling Premiere and it doesn't work.

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. It's soooo slow!!

Editing has been such a pain lately. Especially after this last update. I have work to do and this is the most sluggish it's been yet! It's horrible. Please fix the lagging and freezing.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. BUG: Miserable Playback in Pr 2020 versus 2019 (Layer visibility no longer affects playback performace)

In the newest version of Premiere Pro 2020 (Version 14.0.0), realtime playback performance takes a hit for every layer whether or not they are visible (whether or not the eyeball is on or off).

This was not the behaviour in 2019. If playback performance was poor because we had too many layers of information streaming in, we could turn off (click the eyeball) for layers and playback performance would improve dramatically. Only the visible layers would load and and I could watch at 3x speed. Now I can't even listen to just the audio tracks at 3x speed because it's…

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Bug in PP 2020 with saved project files

I'm having massive performance issues when editing a saved project file after shutting down my desktop. I have a saved file where I'm just trying to trim up a single video file. When I'm seeking throughout the file to get to specific portions to trim, it'll take up to a minute for the video playback to catch up to the spot in the video on the saved files. This takes maybe 5 seconds on a fresh project file.

Fresh project files have no perf issues, saved project files make editing so much longer.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Bug With Project Bin Icon View

In a project I am working on I started experiencing extreme lag and freezing in the UI. I was unable to effectively click on items in the timeline and I elements would freeze on screen. In addition, the preview became extremely slow and stuttery. I had about a dozen items in the Project bin, and they were displaying in icon view. The lag and freezing problems went away when I switched the project window to list view.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Figure out how to properly run on a Mac.

Lets get some performance gains on Macs. Trying to playback 24frames at 1/4 res, global fx off, fast nvme 2500/mbs drive for media, cpu only using 20%. WTF. I'm sure there are enough subscribers to divert money to performance.

2018 MacBook Pro fully maxed (except internal drive)

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Very poor Premiere Pro performance when dealing with complex projects - Ryzen 3950X, 128GB 3200 RAM, RTX 2070, all SSD/NVMe drives

I had major performance issues with my previous editing system (6-core i7-8700, 64GB memory, RTX 2070, SSD/NVMe only drives) so I upgraded to:

• Ryzen 9 3950X 16-core CPU

• 128GB 3200 memory: G.SKILL Trident Z Neo

• Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero

• Kraken Z73 360mm AIO

• Corsair HX850 PSU

• RTX 2070

But it has done little to help.

Simply trying to move the playhead results in a ~27 second delay (like it did on our previous system) whilst Premiere tries to execute the task.

Here's the resource utilization of our 16-core Ryzen rig whilst it tries to do this, hence why I…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Premiere 2019 and 2020 use all computer RAM and processing power even when set otherwise.

Even if you set X amount of RAM for other applications Premiere still uses everything.

Can someone please answer me as to why this is happening and what is being done to fix it? I'm one of many users experiencing this issue. Mac Mojave 10.14.6, Premiere 13.1.5 > Present. 32GB RAM.

This issue is happening to people with 64GB of RAM too, just using way too much and it completely locks up our machines.

What is the solve to fix this? If its an obvious well known solve please let me know here. Would appreciate it greatly, I've lost hours…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Smoother Timeline Scrolling on HiDPI displays

PLEASE do something about the UI performance in Premiere's timeline on Hi Resolution displays. I have a new Mac Pro with XDR Display and even something simple as scrolling horizontally in an almost empty timeline is sluggish and stuttery as ****. Let's not even talk about moving clips around or playback performance of h264 clips, but the simple UI lag is unbearable. Please Please fix this.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. fix an issue where when nesting a green screen with a layer, it just disappears magically after rendering

fix an issue where when nesting a green screen with a layer, it just disappears magically after rendering. I dont know why the green screen disappears

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Program Monitor: Switching Overlays On turns off Subtitle track

I'm vewing a subtitle track against an HD program. I also want source timecode overlay visible.

For some reason, when I turn on Overlays, the .srt Subtitles disappear.

BUG

Best, as always,
    Loren

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Adobe has to answer for this

i pay for professional software and it's giving me amateur performance. Since the last updates premiere and after effects (and even other apps) are giving poor results. I'm literally loosing real money because of the delay on my deadlines due to the awful performance of my work tools (or work toys nowadays). is there any news on updates coming or something to repair this monstruocity?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Continuous buffering and lag problems

I can't even play a 15 second video without 3 seconds in the video stopping or the pause not working or the music cutting out or the program freezing/shutting down.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Some kind of "after rendering" check to detect frame drops and hangs

Say that you have created a project, you are happy with it, render it and in the middle of the process, the CPU, or any other hardware, "goes crazy" and the exported file contains a frame drop or frozen frames due to this sporadic problem. It would be amazing to have some kind of checker that verifies that what you see in the project playback is what the exported file contains. So, no surprises after rendering, like noticing the fps dropping, random frames frozen for 0.5 secs, etc...

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Clip markers balloon project file sizes. And keep coming back. Posting again for awareness.

Clip markers will make your project file huge. And after you clear them all, they just come back after a project is reopened.

How do I keep these buggy clip markers from coming back every time I reopen my project without re-importing everything and starting from scratch? Clip markers are like a virus. Please do something about this. This is 2019-2020 to current. Please fix the clip markers problem. It's been taking me three times as long to get the simplest things done due to Premiere's abysmal performance lately. There are times when I get a pinwheel/hourglass ever little click…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. My project file has been saving for over 20 minutes.

This has happened many times. Project file size is 70MB, and it doesn't always take this long to save but it happens frequently. Can something be done about this? A project file should never be close to 70MB, it's unworkable. And no, splitting up the project is not a solve. It all needs to stay together. I gave up saving this time. What a waste of time. Is anything being done about this? Or any of the bugs myself and other users have mentioned? Is anyone working on anything over there, or are you just collecting our monthly payments and…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Huge bug with MTS files, importing, 2020

Same issue with the rest of the users here..Been editing etc., i can see some old posts about it but nothing is being done about it. Premier pro suppose to support MTS but it actually doesnt work well.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Option to lock tracks vertically

Please create an option to lock tracks vertically so when scrolling through timeline we don't inefficiently "bounce up and down". I need to be able to scroll down the timeline without the tracks moving up and down.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Enabling hardware accelerated decoding on Mac Pro causes slow project

Enabling hardware accelerated decoding in Preferences > Media causes Premiere on Mac to behave very slowly in projects with compressed media.

I've used Premiere 14.3.1, as well as the previous version, and OSX 10.15.6 and 10.15.5 on a 2019 Mac Pro with a 16-core processor, 192GB RAM, and Dual AMD Vega II 32GB GPU's.

With that option enabled, projects with compressed media (for example, stock, zoom screen recordings, etc.) are horribly slow and unresponsive. With the option disabled, the software is as responsive as expected.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. すぐに固まる.直前の保存も効かない

あるレイヤーに存在素材に別レイヤーから画像などをレイヤー下げすると固まる。しかも直前の保存は効いてない。だいぶ戻される。

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)