Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Bug: Premiere causing blue screens due to memory management issue.

After reinstalling and updating to latest windows, premiere seems to bluecreen my computer whenever dragging photos or sometimes playing the movie. The movie is less than 5mins long, lightly edited and I have a beefy processor with 64gb of ddr4. Can’t understand why it overloads the memory?

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Premiere Pro CC2019 gets stuck on closing.

It gets hung up on closing the program.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Release annual performance data for popular hardware

Adobe should release an annual report of the performance of popular hardware like laptops and different CPUs and GPUs, and an Adobe recommended setup.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Render & Export exteremely slow after 13.1 update

After updating to 13.1 the render for both preview and exporting media has become extermely slow. What used to take 5-10 minutes now takes +15 hours to render. I've tried reseting settings, clearing cache, uninstalling then reinstalling, creating new project files etc. nothing worked.

I finally downgraded back to 13.0.3 and that is still working normally.

I'm using Aero 15x:
    i7-8750H
    GTX1070 Max-Q
    32GB RAM

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Performance

Premiere's performance is quite inferior to Resolves...why is that? Resolve will play anything I throw at it in real time. In Premiere, even the simplest codecs have to render if you do anything to them. And I'm using a powerful iMac Pro machine.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Rush cc cache clear on mobile

We need a way to clear the cache in adobe rush on mobile. The current solution according to adobe support and my research is to delete and reinstall the app. Surely you can do better than that.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Premiere 2019 crashes randomly

Premiere 2019 crashes randomly. One minute it is open and I blink and it is gone. I have gotten in the habit of saving every minute or two.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Premiere not timeline not responding

My timeline is not responding at all. It was working fine yesterday, but now I am not able to perform any action of the timeline. I initially that the application is not responding, but I am able to do other things like save, open or close projects but the moment I try to do anything on the time nothing is functioning. I am not getting any indication as well as why this is happening.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Bug: Stacked Timelines Results in Loss of Playhead

Version 14.0.0 (Build 572)

When I have two timelines open at the same time, one above the other, the bottom timeline stops showing the playhead. I can click in the sequence and move things around as usual, but there is no playhead to show where I'm clicking, which makes editing impossible.

If I have three open sequences, each on top of the other, then the bottom two won't show a playhead.

If I move the timelines back into one window (no stacking) the playhead is back and the issue goes away.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Render preview is extremely slow with 2019 update.

After the 2019 update, render preview has become extremely slow, even with a high performance workstation.

28 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Bug Premiere Pro 2020

I am getting error reports now often since last week. Not sure why...
    I checked the system compatibility and it show no issues. But I keep getting this error message. (now often in an editing session)

Run script error - undefined is not an object

Thanks,
    John

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Create a way to stack markers

Make an optional function so that markers can stack on top of each other. Whenever I create multiple markers with duration they cover each other. I would love to be able to see all of them at once so that I don't move one and see I had many underneath.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Premiere Pro Crashing Less Than Every 10 Minutes During Editing

I'm working off of a 2017 iMac Pro with a 3GHz Intel Xeon W Processor, 64 GB of Memory, Radeon Pro Vega 64 16 GB Graphics Card and 1TB of Storage. While working in the timeline and editing, Premiere Pro will consistently crash nearly every 10 minutes. The last time this happened I had been in my Premiere Project and editing for less than 2 minutes. I was just playing through my timeline, and the attached error message popped up. Please help me figure out what is going on and how I can resolve this. It's debilitating for my work,…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. BUG: UI issues with audio waveforms displayed

I have been having several issues with a multi-camera source timeline the past couple of days, and I have finally discovered the source of pretty much all the issues.

It's a performance bug in Premiere that cannot handle displaying many audio waveforms at once. Once I turn the audio waveform display off, the performance is very good. Still a little flickery, which has always been the case with CC, and which is something Adobe seems to have decided not important enough to ever address, but that's for another day.

Things that are fixed by turning waveforms off:

• Dragging a clip…
    3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Seems to run in the background

I'm not sure if I'm going loopy but after installing Adobe Creative Desktop with Premiere Pro and PhotoShop, my PC runs slow when doing other tasks. For example, usually when playing games my cpu runs at about 10-20% usage and sits at 40-50 degrees roughly, and my gpu runs at about 60% at 50 degrees also, however after installing my Adobe apps my cpu runs about 30-50% all the time at 60 degrees (you dont want a whole lot hotter), and my gpu runs at 100% and 60 degrees also. I've uninstalled all Adobe apps to see if it changed…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Fix issues with IPP2 within R3D files

I constantly get black frames within my r3d files with working with IPP2. I have tried updating, using all different renderer's and even resizing images with little to no success. I see I'm not the only one with this problem after looking around online.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Crashes / melts-down every session after 30-60 minutes in!

After editing for 30 minutes or so (timing in occurrence is not consistent) I find my timeline play marker starts glitching/blinking and doesn't want to move to a different time. Then everything else starts not working (buttons, workspaces...everything). When I try to reset work space it freaks out more and makes it impossible to see anything and I end up having to close it out or shut it down. This happens almost everytime I open and begin editing at some point. Very frustrating! Makes me see why some people are looking into DaVinci Resolve. Which would suck because I've used…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Make Premiere Pro 2019 work...

Premiere Pro 2019 is unusable. Video preview cannot be played, any change voids work area renders, renders take exceptionslly long time.

Numerous people rolling back to 2018 and 2017 to keep working...

If uninstalled and reinstalled various combinations of Premiere and all CC products and both 2019 and 2018 versions of Premiere have become unusable.

31 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Large images have an extreemly long render time

Animating images is something everyone has to do.

The latest version of Premiere (CC 12.1 Kentos) really chokes on large image moves. Sometimes it's an hour of rendering for something that used to take 3-4 minutes. - Same machine, same setup, the only thing that's changed is software.

If it helps, the first large image renders fine. The next one chokes. - If you cancel the render, and re-start it, it renders fine. But, sometimes Im dealing with hundreds of these images.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base