Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Fix frame rate drop and lag

Since the update of 14.7, there has been a significant frame rate drop and lag in the way the program runs, forcing it to be almost impossible to do anything with the program. Tried reverting back to old versions and had the same issue. Never had it come up before the 14.7 update

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. You know what would be really nice? A 'SAVE' function that functioned.

I have auto save triggering every few minutes which reminds me to manually save. I just finished about 30-40 minutes of work using this workflow. Nothing saved. Not the auto save nor the manual saves.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. please be better

learn from Nokia failure

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 4K 32" MONITOR'S, LAZY - PREMIERE PRO

What a wonderful forum,
    We are glad that Adobe is listening ...
    I'm working on a 2x32"4K monitor and I'm interested in why the GUI of Ppro is so slow and lazy ... I'm watching Davinci resolve ... Avid ... the windows open instantly. .. in Premiere when I click on the "preferences" option for the first time after starting Premiere it takes 5sec for a window to appear - everything is kind of sluggish and it looks like it's not in real time ... whether it's up to win 10 or up to Premiere. .. great program, I've been…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Please improve dual monitor support

Currently when using two monitors on IOS, clips, titles, and other timeline material will not copy from one project to another. Never had this problem with older versions. Extremely frustrating and time-consuming.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Fix the serious crashing bugs on 14.7 and remove the current version from download access

Fix the serious crashing bugs on 14.7 and remove the current version from download access

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. AMD Driver hang bug

Premier, After Effects and Media Encoder are causing driver hangs, either locking up the whole system causing it to crash and reboot, or at the very least causing the export to fail.

The issue seems to be with H264 encoding / acceleration, as if I export
    to mov, the issue happens considerably less frequently. Whereas it is impossible to export to H624 currently.

Within the timeline, it seems to be affected most by transparent regions (such as drop shadows etc), and masked sections. It will hang, cause the system to hang too, and then will either return to a non…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. In premiere 14.5.0, I'm not able to move items in a floating bin.

There's a bug that needs fixing. I'm not able to move items in a floating bin in version 14.5.0

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Better optimization for the speeding up of clips

I think you guys should look into optimization for the speeding up of 4K60 clips. Even with powerhouse machines with top specs over 4x speed up lags badly in playback. Whereas even on an iPad Pro with Luma Fusion or Videoleap, one can speed up clips up to and over 5x with 0 lag, in playback and no issues with the timeline. If this isn't a bug issue, you guys must consider going in an optimizing this.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Automate to Sequence doesn't work with 6 frames or less on still image

I work in animation and we use automate to sequence a lot. BUT I've discovered that if your still image is 6 frames or less, it leaves a gap of one frame between the markers. So I imported the image at 30 frames BUT in the timeline if the image is only six frames or less, it leaves a one frame gap between markers. PLEASE FIX because I deal with over 1000 images per episode that I work on.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Recieving a message on Mac knocks audio playback offline in latest Adobe update

When I get an email or message notification on my Mac while I am editing, the audio cuts out in Premiere Pro. Sometimes for like 30 seconds.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. My app keeps crashing and not allowing me to edit.

The only panel that seems to work is where you can watch the video back. I am unable to edit, add new media, etc.

The only way for me to fix this is by uninstalling and reinstalling. Is there anything i can do to prevent the issues from happening

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. HDR Hardware Acceleration

I chose adobe specifically to import and export HDR content, not knowing that I wouldn't be able to use my 3080 to encode. Should have gotten Resolve apparently. There was no reason for me to subscribe to this software other than HDR encoding, which I can't use as I can't wait twelve hours with maxed out CPU usage to make a video. Ridiculous. Fix it.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. PP working poorly on brand new MacBook Pro 2020 (M1 chip)

Previews are slow. I get the spinning beach ball of death. Things that usually do not show up when editing on an older MacBook Pro

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. [Bug] Audio playback lag with Premiere 15.0

Updated to 15.0 and at random points throughout my editing today, the audio has not been able to play at 100% playback speed and has a really laggy/choppy sound. I rendered my audio, In/Out, and even turned up my latency. Restarting or waiting mostly works but I have not explanation to why it's doing this besides a build bug.

As you can see in my video, there's not even footage playing in this example, so there's no reason premiere should have issues playing this.

Windows 10
    RTX 2070
    i7 9700k
    32gb DDR4 3200mhz

Editing off Samsung T5 via USB-C
    Sample…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Huge performance issues Version 2021 15.0

Hey guys, I've noticed a pretty intense performance hit since updating from PP 2020. Basically any timeline will pin my CPU at 100% upon playback. Even loading new projects (going from 2020-2021) will leave the computer nearly frozen for about 2 min. This is complete CPU overload, all apps stutter, mouse lags & tons of audio drop outs.

I just rolled back to PP2020 and the timeline plays very smoothly. CPU hit around 11% usage. Is this a bug? Was there some new feature that targets more core usage? I was hoping for more core utilization on my Threadripper 3970x…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Using inline assembly for Mac x86 and Mac silicon

Basically c/cpp allows you to use assembly directly in source/header files so optimizing the next versions of Adobe in superb x64 assembly (all you need to do is write inline and then some opcodes) and arm assembly for Macs would be great

Also chaining them for cuda/metal/opencl etc would be awesome

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. scale not working with keyframes

how are you going to release a new update with a bug that causes scale not to work whilst charging us more and more for your unstable products each year

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Premiere eats all RAM and processing power, more than its limited to in settings. 2019-2020.

I'm sure it's posted here often but want to make sure this is a primary focus for Adobe. Premiere 2019/2020 devours all RAM on my system (32GB, Mac, 10.14.6), even when it's supposed to be limited to X amount of allotted RAM. Leaving RAM for other applications does nothing and it completely takes over my computer. What is Premiere doing in the background that it takes all my machine's memory and power to process? Can we see these background processes? This happens every single time Premiere is opened even if it's the same project. What is happening? Please immediately fix…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

That’s some strange behavior!
    What setting are you using (in PPro Prefs —> Memory), for “RAM reserved for other applications”?
    What other applications are running?
    Do you have any third party extensions or plug-ins installed, and in use?
    About “a normal quit takes up to 20 minutes before the program actually closes”: During that time, PPro is properly releasing all the memory it used during the session. The fact that it’s taking that long suggests a problem with the actual memory, and/or some additional software interacting/interfering with PPro.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base