Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Optimization for Multi-thread (AMD Ryzen) processors

I recently updated my system to Ryzen 9 3900X. I have 64GB of 3200Mhz of ram, 6gb 1060gtx. I am editing BMPCC 6k raw footage. Can't playback the footage at full resolution, but that is not the issue. The issue that I'm having is when I apply warp stabilizer it takes 15min to analyze a several second clip and the resources of my computer are completely idle. Rendering 265 and 264 is extremely slow. When rendering the use of the processor doesn't go beyond thirty something percent. This extremely slow workflow is insanely frustrating.

7 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. .Mogrt performance is super slow in 2020

Specific issues:
    Sluggish scrubbing, choppy playback, longer load time.

Our dev team was super excited to hear about the new upgrades, but have found performance is dramatically slowed down in the latest version.

Curious if there will be a patch to fix it, or if there are new development standards to make tools align with the new version? (New code optimization techniques etc.)

Also attached a clip comparing the speed of 2019 to 2020.

21 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Premiere Pro dont start.

After the new Update 14.5, Premiere dont start.

I try it twenty times but every time i open it, then premiere stops and the report say no feedback.
    At twenty and one time premiere starts, after ich closed every program on my PC.

Its absoluty out of the question that this is a joke from adobe!
    Fix it, i need to work and i have not every day a hour time to take this game with premiere pro!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Fix Project Load time

Even for small projects, after this weeks round of updates, it now takes forever for projects to open.
    Stuck waiting for all media to be loaded and often application never loads all the media and I am forced to restart or reboot.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. The 5 things Premiere urgently needs to fix:

Hey Adobe, Premiere desperately needs the following fixes. I'm having a hard time getting work done with projects that constantly crash.

1) Clip markers on WAVs and mp4s balloon project file sizes causing ultra slow saves, load times, and general slow-downs. An otherwise tiny project can get enormous when you have a clip markers scattered across x amount of files. This is a fact please take a look. Clip markers can also return after you clear them save and reopen a project. It's a like a virus that won't go away.

2) We need a better way to bring in…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Please Fix the slow, laggy UI on 5k HiDPI Screens!

Hi,

I just got a brand new Apple Mac Pro with the 32 GB Vega II GPU and was hoping it would finally bring smooth UI performance to my 5k Display in Premiere. Sadly, this has absolutely not been the case. Simply scrubbing the timeline, or moving a clip around is so sluggish and slow, it‘s just god awful. The same project on a 6 years old trashcan Mac Pro with 3xFull HD Displays runs absolutely like butter.

Other software, like Final Cut, manage the same performance on the new machine on a 5k Display, but not Premiere. This is…

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. More Stability for Complicated Nests

Premiere seems to have stability issues when it comes to playing back a nested sequence containing a lot of footage. Even though all the original footage has proxies (and are enabled), the playback resolution is set down low, and the workspace has been rendered, it will still stagger or stall for a while when I press play/pause, fast forward, or move footage around. It would be nice if this didn't happen.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. New sequence dialogue box not fitting on my 14" laptop

I am a student working on premiere pro from home. I have a 14" laptop and the dialog box for "new sequence" is to big for my screen i cannot click "ok" to confirm my changes.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Hangs when switching to Audio workspace. Driving me ******* mad.

Hangs when switching to Audio workspace. Driving me ******* mad. Recovers but costs me 2 minutes each time. That's hours lost per week.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Playback/Performance Issues

Performance has been extremely poor in 2020. I work at a post house in NY, working off a high end server via 10gig connections and playback in 2020 has been extremely problematic for us. Also happens when editing locally off SSD storage. We usually are working with 3.2k Arri stuff (occasionally Red) -- usually with1920 prores proxies attached and we still are having issues with lag and general performance. This is on a variety of high end machines -- iMac Pros, 2017 iMacs. I'd love to see a focus on overhauling performance and stability in the new release. It's getting…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow for multicam proxying for better UX

As a user with a machine that is not built for intensive video editing, I'm experiencing significantly slow UI response time when working with multicam, to the point where it's not usable. However, I'd still like to be able to use the multicam feature and believe it is possible by creating proxy file(s) for multicam previews or otherwise having PP pre-processing them for me for a smooth user experience. This will save the need for PP to resize each frame from each source in realtime.

So i'd like PP to either:
    - create a separate resized preview proxy for each…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Extend does not bring all tracks lasso'ed at ends back to the playhead

Back-extend of selected cuts does not meet up at the Playhead. Nice jagged pattern. Great for modern art, not much use in editing. This kind behavior should have been nailed years ago.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. BUG PREMIERE PRO 2020

There is an advise of "A low-level exception ocurred in: (Player: 5)"

Please Adobe, i'm paying enough, I dont't want to have this problems. I pay because I work with your software. There are many users having the same ptoblem. Thank You.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. As expected performance is miserably slow in the latest Premiere update 14.3.1

Update after update performance continues to suffer. I'm running on a capable machine (iMac, Mojave 10.14.6, 32GB RAM, 4GHz i7, AMD Radeon R9 M390 2GB.) and continue to see pinwheels (hourglass) at every move even on simple projects with small amounts of media. This did not used to be the case. I'm weening myself off Premiere it's clearly not the way forward. Would not recommend to anyone at this point. You guys can do way better than this.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Make it work

Your program used to work well, until yesterday, where I can now barely even play a video at 1/16th of the quality. Not sure what the problem is, hoping someone from adobe can assist with these issues.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Adobe Premier 14.0 and newer do not recognize RX5700xt. 13.1.5 detects it and utilizes it with no problem

Adobe Premier 14.0 and newer do not recognize RX5700xt. 13.1.5 detects it and utilizes it with no problem.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. .mogrts almost unusable in 2020

Not sure what changed, but I'm unable to use .mogrt's effectively after the 2020 update. Overall performance is really slow both in the timeline and with previews rendering them unusable in some cases.

It appears to be an issue for 90% of .mogrts imported. Even mogrts with very light weight graphics. So it is likely code related.

18 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Multicam/nested sequence loading times

Hi!

I have some issues with loading times on multicam sequences.
    In a timeline I have three camera's. A go pro 7, a sony x70 and a Canon Legria with the original footage.

Now if a open the sequence containing the multicam nested sequence it has to load every time the whole clips it seems.
    The network is peaking fully for a minute or 2 and then everything runs fine.

Is this a bug?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Since receiving my latest update the program no longer works - i am uninstalling it

Too many times Adobe puts out a product that does not have enough research and expects the users to do all the dirty work. I'm done with Premiere Pro!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. BUG: Premiere Pro 2020 "Not Responding" During h.264 Imports

Problem: Importing a 5.5 - 6GB h.264 file (4K/59.94 FPS) causes Premiere to go "Not Responding". The import dialog box stays up, the status bar doesn't move, and both the dialog box and Premiere's title bar say "Not Responding". While this is happening, one core of my OC'd 7900X goes right to 100%. Another core is around 50-70%, and the rest are at or near idle.

This lasts for approximately 1 minute and 20 seconds per file imported, give or take. I can't do a single thing with Premiere while the import is happening; I have to just sit and…

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base