Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Faster Please

My premiere pro is painfully slow. Ive reduced rendering to 1/4 and the computer has been upgraded and was faster right at the start now very very very slow

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Robust Proxy-File Management Module

With proxy files being a necessity for high-resolution video files, it only makes sense to give the user more control over them.

I propose a "Proxy File Browser" window where the user can see the current file location of the active project's proxy files, as well as interact with said proxies. The "Proxy File Browser" window should also have a handful of features like "Unlink," "Unlink and Delete," and "Re-render with New Settings."

It is very time-consuming to have the user manually navigate and manage the proxy files through the operating system's file explorer since some projects can contain many…

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. TRAVAMENTO

For a long time, I was obliged to use Premiere on a "borrowed" basis because I was unable to buy it. But now I have signed up for the full Adobe package and I have only had problems. Premiere crashes at all times. At each edition of a video, at least 5 are locked in 1 hour of work. And I have a good machine: 16GB of RAM, 2 SSDs, Nvidia GForce Video Card, and i7 processor. Even so, it crashes when importing a file, crashes at the start of rendering (when opening the "export" frame) and crashes when dragging…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Hand short cut extend

Hey,

in After Effects there is a nice trick, when you select the hand tool and you don't deselect it, the Handtool will only be selected as long as you scroll or you are moving through the interface.
    After deselecting the "h" the previous tool that you worked with is selected.
    This is very handy if you have to scroll and find something in the interface (timeline)
    after the deselect you can proceed with whatever you did bevor.

Szenario.

Imagine you are adding cuts to the timeline.
    with the temporarily selected hand tool you
    are able to scroll to a…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Figure out how to properly run on a Mac.

Lets get some performance gains on Macs. Trying to playback 24frames at 1/4 res, global fx off, fast nvme 2500/mbs drive for media, cpu only using 20%. WTF. I'm sure there are enough subscribers to divert money to performance.

2018 MacBook Pro fully maxed (except internal drive)

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. scopes get glitchy when using CUDA

When I have the CUDA settings turned on, the Lumetri scopes don't work correctly. They turn into lines and then occassionally act like they're responding to changes, but really just kind of flash back and forth. This is only in CC2020. I'm using 2 Nvidia GTX 1080 Tis with an SLI bridge. I'm also on a Windows 10 system. I've attached a screenshot of what it looks like.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Ram Memory consumption goes way up when playing or scrubbing a big image inserted on a timeline

I'm making a video for an artist, so big tiff files are all over. Every time I scrub or work with these big images memory consumption goes to the top of my 24gb ram and eventually crashes if I keep scrubbing to see how a simple movement works.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. not letting it crash every other minute

Trying to finish - - Freeze - - M - Freeze - m - Freeze - m - Freeze - My work - - - CRASH
    Fix it, guys.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Apply rendered files to sub sequences

When rendering a sequence with nested sequences, the nested sequences do not have the render files attached to them. This would allow users to view the sub-sequence without rendering it twice.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. STOP USING CPU DURING H264, H265 PLAYBACK

Dear Adobe !
    Please STOP using CPU during h264, H265 files.
    I don't know how it is possible but most of Adobe Premiere Pro competitors use GPU during H264/265 playback or preview.
    This is one of the most important isuues for wedding and many other Adobe users who loosing a lot of time everyday for proxy rendering.
    BIG THANKS !

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Instant crash

A weeks ago, Premiere was in a state where it would gobble up all the RAM on my laptop within 5-10 minutes (25GB). I would be able to edit a video for at least a few minutes before saving it, restarting Premiere, doing more edits. After five or such repeated cycles attempts, I would have to reboot the machine and repeat.

I don't know if that is related to this fault. I do not have the time to re-install all of Windows to try such desperate extremes. A video that should have taken 30 minutes to edit took an entire…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I need to work!!! 13.1 is a shocking release

After 13.1 release I have a lot of new bugs!!!!
    - Playback and encoding don't works properly with a lot of lags/freeze/lock images...!!!
    - Media Encoder or premiere shut down randomly!
    - Previous title editor shift/hide commands sections...
    - Workspaces don't recall real windows positions/layouts!!!
    And other minor but incredible bugs...

And a lot of other minor bugs... incredible...

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Premier pro 2020 is slower and more stuttery than 2019 on threadripper 2990wx with NVidia RTX2080ti and 64GB RAM - why is this the case?

Adobe premiere Pro cc 2019 was slower than it should be on threadripper 2990wx/Nvidia RTX 2080ti system with 64gb ram and very fast ssd drives - but 2020 is even worse - doesnt matter if GPU processing turned on or off - resource monitor shows relatively low usage - come on Adobe!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. CC2020 Update has terrible performance. Canon Import Bug Report.

2020 Performance is absolutely terrible. Opened and updated a 2019 project, that worked flawlessly in 2019, but with 2020 the same settings, same render, same everything, barely plays back at all. I click ahead in the timeline and the Program Monitor takes about 5 seconds before it displays that frame. It struggles to even playback white supers on no video at all. Just black.

Importing Canon c300mkII footage, rather than pulling in the file names, it pulls in the folder name where the .mxf files reside and labels each video clip with the folder name. Resulting in every clip having…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. The project window appears to have a memory leak

After 7 January was when I last successfully edited a multi-clip/multi-bin video.

When I add files to the project or even open the project window, the memory usage of Premiere increases. I am not exactly sure if that is the trigger of the issue, but It creeps up until 25GB when my 32GB machine bluescreens. If I start Premiere without the project window open, its memory usage remains stable.

I have some bizarre behaviour when I try to import videos (.mov) or .jpg. I get told if I recall, the file header is corrupted. The file is not corrupted asI…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Relink render files Premiere version 13 to same project opened in version 14

If a project created in v13 is worked on in v14 (with obvious new file created when upgrading to v14), why should it not use the same render files from before? Every one of them are still in the .PRV folder from the v13 project. Isn't there a way to relink those effects even though the new project has its own .PRV folder?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Fix the GUI

The following represents about 25% of the time I spend in PP. The other 75% everything runs fine and the interface, while not snappy, is at least reasonably responsive. But during that 25%:

The GUI hangs, lags, becomes unresponsive, elements disappear and it's just generally unusable in this state. Visual feedback like mouseover effects and selection highlights stop working. Dragging clips doesn't show the clip or the snap indicators while dragging so when I release it there's no way to know exactly where it will land and what it will overwrite. Clicking on anything takes many many seconds to have…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Legacy titles slowdown

Using any legacy title movements (Either in the Effects panel or in the main Legacy editor) the system chugs hardcore. I moved from 2018 and had no such issues.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Clarify System Requirements

The Premiere Pro system requirements web page describes a minimum specification for Intel processors as the 6th generation, but it does not elaborate as to what specific technology is required. This prevents customers using Xeon processors from assessing their compatibility. Please specify the precise requirements; is it AVX-512 which is required?

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base