Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Autosave produces multiple folders

I appreciate the idea behind Autosave but on my Mac it produces multiple folders. I've set it to 20 autosaves but rather than overwrite it just creates another folder. Hence some projects have many folders with 20 saves in each. This is major time consuming trying to find which was the last save when I return to a project. Any ideas please.....

3 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Red Screen appearing in imported After Effects sequence after re-rendering

OS Sierra 10.12.6
    iMac Retina, Late 2015
    3.2 GHz processor
    AMD Radeon R9 M380 2048MB

I have a timeline with a clip rendered from AE on it...when I open AE and re-render (whether I close PrPro down first or leave it open), and return to PrPro the clip will instances of all red frames. Sometimes just a few, sometimes throughout the entire clip.

Steps I've taken to resolve this:
    - Updated PrPro and AE
    - Quit both apps and re-opened them
    - Deleted the AE clip and re-import it
    - Cleared cache
    - Render the clip on the timeline
    -…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Make it so it can actually play audio and video in the editor

Premiere will not play audio or video. When the play button is clicked, it changes to the stop button, but does not play video or audio. I exported a video, and it exported fine, and I was able to edit the exact same video on another computer. I tried signing out and signing back in as well as uninstalling and reinstalling premiere and restarting my computer, with no success. Considering how much I'm spending for this software, I am very annoyed that it doesn't work at all.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. INclude codecs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How about including the new codecs in the trial version!! I can not try it due to the fact that all my drone footage can't be used in the trial version. in turn this is the worst editing software made to date. why would I buy it if the trial version doesn't work.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. the hand tool only goes left and right

grabbing anything in the timeline with the hand tool, only allows you to move things left and right. If theres more tracks above, i cant just drag the hand down to see them.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Adobe Media Encoder causes Premiere Pro to hide and/or freeze

Almost every time I export a batch encode from Premiere via AME, either premiere freezes up (beach ball of death / force quit), or if Premiere is hidden, it will not show itself again, also causing me to have to force quit. See attached activity monitor screenshot when Premiere becomes invisible.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. BUG REPORT: Right Click not working in Project Bin

I saved a project on another system and went to import into Premiere (same update on both machines). I now can no longer right click on anything inside of the Project Bin. Oddly enough, I can however right click on the Video in/out. Restarted premiere/resaved project on this machine..nothing

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Every **** update you break something. You could improve PPro by not improving it. Like not breaking my GoPro shots

Your 12.1 "update" has broken functionality for Apple XDCAM EX files...they do not re-link properly. FIX THIS, DAMMIT!

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Premiere Pro not working in High Sierra for Imac (LATE 2014)

premiere is not responding. Will load projects, but seemingly overnight the workflow went from fantastic to unworkably slow

Have taken computer to Apple support for hardware and software wellness check and there is no issue with the machine.

steps to resolve: ( we have tried so far)
    -Uninstalled, reinstalled program.
    -Updated to most recent version
    - check connection to media of Raid speed (very good - works great in other Adobe programs, AE, PS)
    -Used Adobe Cleaner to Uninstall Creative Cloud and wipeout any lingering Adobe drivers, installers etc. THEN reinstalled premiere .
    -reset computer to factory settings and deleted…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Display out of sync with actions

In the past few months I have this weird problem. The visuals are out of sync with the mouse. When I try and cut a clip with the 'razor tool' the actual 'slice' on the clip is 3-5 pixels to the right of where I clicked. Also the colour wheels are all off kilter - to the right and down from where they're meant to be.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Fix Media Encoder /Premiere CC 2018 for Mac Pro (Early 2013)

I have done two render tests with Adobe Premiere CC 2017 & CC 2018.

It it totally clear there's an issue here with RED footage rending either through Premiere / Media encoder. It's like 10 times slower in 2018.

Current set up:

Mac Pro w/GFX repair fix (Late 2013)
    Mac Seirra
    3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
    16GB
    AMD FirePro D700 6144 MB

PLEASE FIX ADOBE!!!!

It seems your not running the CPU for **** in CC 2018 ! Look at the two images attached & FIX!!!

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. export profile loading

In the last downoaded update (12.1 Kentos) the export windows loading is 3 or 4 times slower than previous versions!!!
    My Idea is to issue a release (THE first release i think...) without performances degradation compared to previous versions...

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Project-based debayer setting

It would be great to have a global debayer quality setting for RED, Arriraw, etc. This would come in especially handy for timelines with mixed formats. Currently, one has to drop playback quality in the whole timeline if you have raw 5K+ footage in there (unless you have some incredible CPU power), which is fine for all Red footage you want to play back, but if there is any 1080p footage in the timeline (for example), it's barely watchable at less than full res.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. performance

Latest 2018 update is unusable.

New release is terrible. Massive performance hit particularly with Multicam - I created a multi group of 6 cameras in new version and it wouldn't play well at all. I exported an xml of the sync sequence and imported that into 2017 where it played really smoothly. Opening the 2017 project in 2018 (it gets converted) made the multi group choppy and unplayable again.

Performance hit also makes the essential graphics title tool unusable.

Also when you open a project you often have to solo and unsolo an audio track to hear anything, it often…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Touch input causes slow performance

Using graphic tablet (CINTIQ 27QHD Touch) with premiere causes lot of bugs and overall extremely slow performance. I am using intel i9, GTX 1080Ti and 128GB RAM so there should not be problem.

When I start project only using touch input, the overall performance is horrible. After initializing mouse and then getting back to touch solves the problem.
    But come on, it is frustrating!

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Prem Pro version12 Text overlay super sluggish, almost unusable.

Prem Pro version12 Text overlay super sluggish, almost unusable

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Nesting More Than Two Sequences Deep Causes Long Hangs

My workflow calls for multiple nests in a project, and at the third nest deep Premiere becomes unusable. Here is an example of my workflow:

Episode
    1 - Nested Splitscreen
    2 - Nested Stabilization
    3 - Nested Camera with Chromakey/Color Correction

Premiere is fine with the first two layers of nests, but even clicking in to the third to work takes 15 minutes or more. Working on windows 10 I get a total software hang for every click inside of the 3rd sequence. It takes an excruciatingly long time to deal with this layer as a result.

I see no…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. MULTIPROCESSING

JUST IMPLEMENT A SOMEWHAT OKAY MULTIPROCESSING SOLUTION FOR PREMIERE & AFTER EFFECTS

Thx. :)

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 3 votes