Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. V.15 32 core threadripper CPU goes to 100% on project opening and crashes

After upgrading to v15 my CPU goes 100% on project opening and crashes. In 14.9 it doesnt do this at all. It must have something to do with the fact that I have a 3970x AMD threadripper with 32 cores. But something definitely isnt right with the CPU optimization on the new version. I will be staying with 14.9 until this is fixed

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

6 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Bug in Premiere Pro - version 14.5.0

I updated to the latest version today, Oct. 21, 2020 - - whenever I am working in a project in Premiere, and then close the project to open another project, ALL keyboard shortcuts stop working. I have to completely quit Premiere, and reset preferences (hold "Option/ALT" upon launching) for the shortcuts to be restored.

And then if I hop to another project, again, the shortcuts stop working.

I have zero custom keyboard shortcuts; all of the shortcuts that cease to work are the ones native to Premiere.

Premiere Version: 14.5.0

Working on an iMac Pro 2017
    macOS Catalina - 10.15.7

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Sounds scary; we’re not yet able to reproduce that behavior, here.

Confirming: In Preferences —> General —> Most Recent, is yours set to show the Home screen (the default behavior), or have you changed the pref to “open most recent”?

3. Premiere pro 15.1 completely unusable. Opening any project causes 100% cpu usage until the system crashes

Running a system with an AMD 1950x Threadripper, RTX 3090 and 128gb of ram.
    Premiere 15.0 and 15.1 are completely unusable for me, upon trying to open any project Cpu usage will spike to 100% and make the whole system extremely laggy (Task manager goes non responsive, mouse is 10 seconds behind on movement)
    This 100% cpu usage goes on forever till either the system freezes or i somehow manage to force close premiere.
    Same projects take 5 seconds to load in Premiere 14.9

Really would like to use the new features with Motion graphics templates introduced in premiere 2021…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Fix Audio Previews/Rendering

Currently, Premiere Pro has no indicator for audio rendering, and appears to render all audio prior to starting playback, causing lag spikes upwards of 20s with a large multi-track file.

This would be okay, if somewhat annoying, if Premiere actually cached and retained this audio after this first time. However, that is not the case. Premiere does not cache the audio to disk, and will discard all of it immediately if you so much as click out of the program for half a second, causing another 20s lag spike before you can start playback again.

Additionally, people have reported related…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Program not loading past SlicerStutter.prm and stops responding

Since I updated to Premiere Pro 14.9 and Windows 10 20H2, premiere pro won't load past SlicerStutter.prm and stop responding. I have to end the process.

I can "fix" the problem when I install Premiere Pro 14.7, but is doesn't work every time and I have to unistall / install several times to make it work.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Premiere Pro 15.1, changes not shown in real time

Currently, Premiere Pro on it's most recent update will not show my changes in real time. Example: tinkering with the audio in the audio work space; the panel seems unresponsive, until you resize the panel window and then the changes are visible. Another example: dragging clips within the timeline; the clips don't move until you've let go of your click.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. BUG: Sequence with nested sequence "visible in timeline" gives multiple problems

Premiere 15.1.0 Windows 10 pro

Whenever I have a nested sequence visible in my timeline PPro just doesn't react for a while. It seems that it is fully calculating what is in the nested sequence, even if the playhead isn't over the nested sequence.
    When I zoom in far enough in the timeline so the nested sequence is not visible, the problem goes away.
    When the nested sequence is visible in the timeline, scrubbing thumbnails in the project panel is not possible anymore. Also, rearranging clips in the timeline is a horror unless you zoom in really close in the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Slow timeline performance with essential graphics

There seems to be a significant amount of dropped frames when playing back a timeline that has essential graphics overlays. Drops down to maybe 1-5 FPS, and doesn't recover until you pause and play the timeline again (even after the graphics have ended)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Renders MIA after 24hrs

Something always baffles me.
    Why is it I can render something (e.g. Render in to out) and my timeline indicates green. And the payback is fine. And the export is great (and fast). But the next day after I power-up and open the project my timeline is once again dappled with red & yellow sections?

Why does PP lose track of the renders?
    In an Avid MC system once I render it, it’s done forever - unless I change a parameter or delete the media myself.
    So I find the unprovoked disappearance of rendered files not annoy annoying but terrifying. …

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Premiere Pro Corrupts Audio Waypoints After Saving and Reopening Project

When I have a keyframed audio mix with handles, the handles are all skewed out after saving the project and opening later to resume work. This is most annoying.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Updated to 14.5.0.... LAG

I updated to 14.5.0 and now my projects playback are super stuttery/laggy. CPU usage use to be 100% and now I get maximum 19/20%.

All settings are the same and even reopened projects from months ago and it runs laggy and low CPU usage. I'm paying for a service which just had "upgrades" but ends up being unusable.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Performance Issue with RED Files over Network and Mercury with CUDA

Dear Adobe Community,
    we have a problem in our company with the playback of RED material. In the following I describe the behavior of Premiere Pro when playing back 8K r3d data. But this also affects footage from 5/6K.

First of all about hardware and infrastructure. We have a server with a raid controller (Adaptec 81605zq) which provides 16x4TB Samsung Evo 860 in RAID6. This is connected to the switch by means of 4x10GbE bundled over fiber optics. From here our workstations are connected via 10GbE copper cable. The server runs with MS Server 2016, the workstations with Win 10…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Bug: Premiere Pro 2020, copy/paste clip from one timeline to another crashes program

Created new project in 2020 (14.6), imported bins and timelines from 2019 project via Media Browser. Copy paste clip from one timeline into another (with same settings - 1080p 23.976 Pro Res) crashes program. As you might imagine, this renders PP 2020 useless for me. Working in 2019 for now.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Fix frame rate drop and lag

Since the update of 14.7, there has been a significant frame rate drop and lag in the way the program runs, forcing it to be almost impossible to do anything with the program. Tried reverting back to old versions and had the same issue. Never had it come up before the 14.7 update

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Check both Premiere and Media Encoder render times and performance compared to 14.3.2

Many users realised that render times both in Pemiere and Media encoder changed due to the new render system implemented in versions newer than 14.3.2.

In fact, this is the version in which everything works fine for me in render times. Even proxies render much slower than before (the format doesn't matter).

I have tried every new version (even 14.5) and the problem is not solved. I use Premiere for years and I have checked every file in my system, formated, and so on... and nothing!

It is not a hardware nor drivers issue. It is a new render system…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. You know what would be really nice? A 'SAVE' function that functioned.

I have auto save triggering every few minutes which reminds me to manually save. I just finished about 30-40 minutes of work using this workflow. Nothing saved. Not the auto save nor the manual saves.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. please be better

learn from Nokia failure

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 4K 32" MONITOR'S, LAZY - PREMIERE PRO

What a wonderful forum,
    We are glad that Adobe is listening ...
    I'm working on a 2x32"4K monitor and I'm interested in why the GUI of Ppro is so slow and lazy ... I'm watching Davinci resolve ... Avid ... the windows open instantly. .. in Premiere when I click on the "preferences" option for the first time after starting Premiere it takes 5sec for a window to appear - everything is kind of sluggish and it looks like it's not in real time ... whether it's up to win 10 or up to Premiere. .. great program, I've been…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Please improve dual monitor support

Currently when using two monitors on IOS, clips, titles, and other timeline material will not copy from one project to another. Never had this problem with older versions. Extremely frustrating and time-consuming.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Creating Proxies for 120p footage creates 60p proxies?!

I have footage filmed at 120p, 60p and 24p in a sequence. They are all HEVC 10 bit 422 so naturally, the computer is having trouble playing them back, so I waited all night for Premiere to create proxies. It worked fine for the 24p, did that automatically. Did fine for the 60p, did that automatically. However, for the 120p footage, it ignored that it's 120p and just created a bunch of 60p footage, so when I turn on the proxy, it jumps to different areas because the actual footage is 120p!!

Obviously this is a problem since it means…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 22 23
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base