Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please fix flickering play-head resulting in inactive timeline

Still getting this flickering playhead issue. My interface basically become inactive when this happens. I've done everything: Update graphics card, updated Adobe Premiere and reworked my cache and ram. I've configured the graphics on the computer for Premiere and udated the C++ preview files. There is really no workaround for this? (Video of what is happening attached)

Work Computer:

Windows 10.0.18362

Ryzen 7 2700 Eight-Core

16 GB Ram

AMD Radeon RX 580

12 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. .Mogrt performance is super slow in 2020

Specific issues:
    Sluggish scrubbing, choppy playback, longer load time.

Our dev team was super excited to hear about the new upgrades, but have found performance is dramatically slowed down in the latest version.

Curious if there will be a patch to fix it, or if there are new development standards to make tools align with the new version? (New code optimization techniques etc.)

Also attached a clip comparing the speed of 2019 to 2020.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. BUG: Premiere Pro 2020 "Not Responding" During h.264 Imports

Problem: Importing a 5.5 - 6GB h.264 file (4K/59.94 FPS) causes Premiere to go "Not Responding". The import dialog box stays up, the status bar doesn't move, and both the dialog box and Premiere's title bar say "Not Responding". While this is happening, one core of my OC'd 7900X goes right to 100%. Another core is around 50-70%, and the rest are at or near idle.

This lasts for approximately 1 minute and 20 seconds per file imported, give or take. I can't do a single thing with Premiere while the import is happening; I have to just sit and…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Fix VFR Performance

There are are numerous threads on the Adobe Forums concerning VFR performance issues in 13.1.4. These users are seeing a large detriment when editing VFR compared to steady frame rate footage. Please fix this performance issue or post official documentation describing the issue and offering troubleshooting steps such as transcoding with open source software including Handbrake. Threads:

https://forums.adobe.com/message/11229628#11229628
    https://forums.adobe.com/message/11226112#11226112
    https://forums.adobe.com/message/11225930#11225930
    https://forums.adobe.com/message/11217231#11217231
    https://forums.adobe.com/message/11213814#11213814
    https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2628833
    https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/35095813-please-improve-variable-framerate-support
    https://www.reddit.com/r/premiere/comments/cvb9v5/video_footage_is_buffering_and_glitching_in/ey35gss/

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Premiere Pro CC 2019 13.0.2 search / find / bin filter issues

SEARCH/FIND/BIN NOT WORKING!

After the update to Premiere Pro CC 13.0.2 (on a Macbook Pro running OS 10.13.6) I started having issues with the project panel bin filter search not showing clips that I knew were in the project - I'd search for a word in the name of a clip and no clips would show up. I tried using the Cmd-F tool instead, and Premiere would either find nothing or stall out and rainbow wheel. Creating a search bin also failed to work properly - I'd create one to search for a word that was in the name or…

61 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  24 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. .mogrts almost unusable in 2020

Not sure what changed, but I'm unable to use .mogrt's effectively after the 2020 update. Overall performance is really slow both in the timeline and with previews rendering them unusable in some cases.

It appears to be an issue for 90% of .mogrts imported. Even mogrts with very light weight graphics. So it is likely code related.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Making better use of the Hardware, GPU for Playback and Debayering and using mutiple cores.

- Use the Power of GPU for better Playback Performance
    - In General I noticed a much greater Performance with FCPX and Resolve. I would LOVE to see the Performance in Premiere.
    - iMac Pro Hardware support aswell as MacBooks and all common used editing machines.
    Note: I cant get full Resolution 4K Playback with an iMac Pro (in ProRes or C200 RAW as well as some 4K h.265 from a consumer camera files)

379 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

As Wes noted, we are looking at many areas for optimization and have made strides in the last few releases already.

We recognize there are still many areas to improve performance and we are investing in appropriate areas.

Threads that are catch-alls are often non-actionable. Please keep giving us specific feedback on what workflows are slow for you.

Technical solutions may not always be as obvious as some people may be suggesting as the application architecture is often very different than people’s conception.

Short answer. Yes, we want to and will make it faster.

8. Playback issues with latest updates of everything

When updates are proposed, I usually perform them. I recently updated to the latest versions of CC as well as the latest version of Mac OS (10.14.6).
    I am now finding that playback on any type of material has become stuttering. I tried cleaning cache and things like that, but the problem stays.
    Does anyone experience similar effects?
    I have a Mac Book Pro from early 2015 with Intel Core i7, 2.5 GHz, 16 Gb RAM and a graphical card Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB.
    Thanks for any feedback!

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Premiere 2019 crashes randomly

Premiere 2019 crashes randomly. One minute it is open and I blink and it is gone. I have gotten in the habit of saving every minute or two. Attached is my system information as well as a screenshot of the event viewer error that was associated with a recent crash.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Robust Proxy-File Management Module

With proxy files being a necessity for high-resolution video files, it only makes sense to give the user more control over them.

I propose a "Proxy File Browser" window where the user can see the current file location of the active project's proxy files, as well as interact with said proxies. The "Proxy File Browser" window should also have a handful of features like "Unlink," "Unlink and Delete," and "Re-render with New Settings."

It is very time-consuming to have the user manually navigate and manage the proxy files through the operating system's file explorer since some projects can contain many…

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. I need to work!!! 13.1 is a shocking release

After 13.1 release I have a lot of new bugs!!!!
    - Playback and encoding don't works properly with a lot of lags/freeze/lock images...!!!
    - Media Encoder or premiere shut down randomly!
    - Previous title editor shift/hide commands sections...
    - Workspaces don't recall real windows positions/layouts!!!
    And other minor but incredible bugs...

And a lot of other minor bugs... incredible...

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Bug: Premiere causing blue screens due to memory management issue.

After reinstalling and updating to latest windows, premiere seems to bluecreen my computer whenever dragging photos or sometimes playing the movie. The movie is less than 5mins long, lightly edited and I have a beefy processor with 64gb of ddr4. Can’t understand why it overloads the memory?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Premiere Pro CC2019 gets stuck on closing.

It gets hung up on closing the program.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Render & Export exteremely slow after 13.1 update

After updating to 13.1 the render for both preview and exporting media has become extermely slow. What used to take 5-10 minutes now takes +15 hours to render. I've tried reseting settings, clearing cache, uninstalling then reinstalling, creating new project files etc. nothing worked.

I finally downgraded back to 13.0.3 and that is still working normally.

I'm using Aero 15x:
    i7-8750H
    GTX1070 Max-Q
    32GB RAM

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Premiere 2019 crashes randomly

Premiere 2019 crashes randomly. One minute it is open and I blink and it is gone. I have gotten in the habit of saving every minute or two.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Premiere Pro Crashing Less Than Every 10 Minutes During Editing

I'm working off of a 2017 iMac Pro with a 3GHz Intel Xeon W Processor, 64 GB of Memory, Radeon Pro Vega 64 16 GB Graphics Card and 1TB of Storage. While working in the timeline and editing, Premiere Pro will consistently crash nearly every 10 minutes. The last time this happened I had been in my Premiere Project and editing for less than 2 minutes. I was just playing through my timeline, and the attached error message popped up. Please help me figure out what is going on and how I can resolve this. It's debilitating for my work,…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Render preview is extremely slow with 2019 update.

After the 2019 update, render preview has become extremely slow, even with a high performance workstation.

26 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Fix issues with IPP2 within R3D files

I constantly get black frames within my r3d files with working with IPP2. I have tried updating, using all different renderer's and even resizing images with little to no success. I see I'm not the only one with this problem after looking around online.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. allow users to access older versions so their machines dont crash!

allow users to access older versions so their machines dont crash!

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Create a way to stack markers

Make an optional function so that markers can stack on top of each other. Whenever I create multiple markers with duration they cover each other. I would love to be able to see all of them at once so that I don't move one and see I had many underneath.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 13 14
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base