Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please fix flickering play-head resulting in inactive timeline

Still getting this flickering playhead issue. My interface basically become inactive when this happens. I've done everything: Update graphics card, updated Adobe Premiere and reworked my cache and ram. I've configured the graphics on the computer for Premiere and udated the C++ preview files. There is really no workaround for this? (Video of what is happening attached)

Work Computer:

Windows 10.0.18362

Ryzen 7 2700 Eight-Core

16 GB Ram

AMD Radeon RX 580

35 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

8 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. BUGS GALORE IN LATEST 2020 UPGRADE

Just upgraded 2020 Premiere Pro CC.

• Displays unset, opens project with "media offline" billboard. 4K ProRes (HQ) media is right there, green lined, in the timeline.

Attempt to play yields only audio.

Requires some massaging to get the main display back, in Preferences. I'll have to backtrack ot enumerate the steps. Someday when I have time.

• Low level exception errors while rendering under Metal on 2013 Mac Pro D500's. Source is ProRes (HQ) 4K. Worked perfectly just before the upgrade.

Any other surprises?

PLEASE PLEASE TAKE TIME TO TEST YOUR ENGINEERING CHANGES THOROUGHLY, OR FIND OTHER WORK INSTEAD OF DISRUPTING…

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. .Mogrt performance is super slow in 2020

Specific issues:
    Sluggish scrubbing, choppy playback, longer load time.

Our dev team was super excited to hear about the new upgrades, but have found performance is dramatically slowed down in the latest version.

Curious if there will be a patch to fix it, or if there are new development standards to make tools align with the new version? (New code optimization techniques etc.)

Also attached a clip comparing the speed of 2019 to 2020.

19 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Skip new features for next release and focus only on bug fixes and speed issues

Focus only on bug fixes and performance will make a big announce to professional community !

Not only it will help adobe to gain back the trust with all users, it will send a strong message to the industry.

A lot of people are switching to other software, the time that took dev teams to fixes all the bugs is too long. On Premiere working on a advanced project that is longer than 8/10 minutes seems impossible now...

Many influencer and creative people are switching to Resolve as it gets better and better... as Phillip Bloom and others...

I think…

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow for multicam proxying for better UX

As a user with a machine that is not built for intensive video editing, I'm experiencing significantly slow UI response time when working with multicam, to the point where it's not usable. However, I'd still like to be able to use the multicam feature and believe it is possible by creating proxy file(s) for multicam previews or otherwise having PP pre-processing them for me for a smooth user experience. This will save the need for PP to resize each frame from each source in realtime.

So i'd like PP to either:
    - create a separate resized preview proxy for each…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. BUG: Premiere Pro 2020 "Not Responding" During h.264 Imports

Problem: Importing a 5.5 - 6GB h.264 file (4K/59.94 FPS) causes Premiere to go "Not Responding". The import dialog box stays up, the status bar doesn't move, and both the dialog box and Premiere's title bar say "Not Responding". While this is happening, one core of my OC'd 7900X goes right to 100%. Another core is around 50-70%, and the rest are at or near idle.

This lasts for approximately 1 minute and 20 seconds per file imported, give or take. I can't do a single thing with Premiere while the import is happening; I have to just sit and…

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. .mogrts almost unusable in 2020

Not sure what changed, but I'm unable to use .mogrt's effectively after the 2020 update. Overall performance is really slow both in the timeline and with previews rendering them unusable in some cases.

It appears to be an issue for 90% of .mogrts imported. Even mogrts with very light weight graphics. So it is likely code related.

17 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. The 5 things Premiere urgently needs to fix:

Hey Adobe, Premiere desperately needs the following fixes. I'm having a hard time getting work done with projects that constantly crash.

1) Clip markers on WAVs and mp4s balloon project file sizes causing ultra slow saves, load times, and general slow-downs. An otherwise tiny project can get enormous when you have a clip markers scattered across x amount of files. This is a fact please take a look. Clip markers can also return after you clear them save and reopen a project. It's a like a virus that won't go away.

2) We need a better way to bring in…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. CUDA Function Disappears after fresh re-installl of CS6 PP

I have been using a GTX680 since 2012. I recently re-installed CS6 PP and all of my projects are now giving an error that tis project was created with a Mercury Playback Engine CUDA which is not available. How in the world does that happen? The VRAM and the CUDA function is apart of this Video Card. Do I need to install a Driver to get me back to where I was?

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Playback/Performance Issues

Performance has been extremely poor in 2020. I work at a post house in NY, working off a high end server via 10gig connections and playback in 2020 has been extremely problematic for us. Also happens when editing locally off SSD storage. We usually are working with 3.2k Arri stuff (occasionally Red) -- usually with1920 prores proxies attached and we still are having issues with lag and general performance. This is on a variety of high end machines -- iMac Pros, 2017 iMacs. I'd love to see a focus on overhauling performance and stability in the new release. It's getting…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. BUG PREMIERE PRO 2020

There is an advise of "A low-level exception ocurred in: (Player: 5)"

Please Adobe, i'm paying enough, I dont't want to have this problems. I pay because I work with your software. There are many users having the same ptoblem. Thank You.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Please Fix the slow, laggy UI on 5k HiDPI Screens!

Hi,

I just got a brand new Apple Mac Pro with the 32 GB Vega II GPU and was hoping it would finally bring smooth UI performance to my 5k Display in Premiere. Sadly, this has absolutely not been the case. Simply scrubbing the timeline, or moving a clip around is so sluggish and slow, it‘s just god awful. The same project on a 6 years old trashcan Mac Pro with 3xFull HD Displays runs absolutely like butter.

Other software, like Final Cut, manage the same performance on the new machine on a 5k Display, but not Premiere. This is…

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Optimization for Multi-thread (AMD Ryzen) processors

I recently updated my system to Ryzen 9 3900X. I have 64GB of 3200Mhz of ram, 6gb 1060gtx. I am editing BMPCC 6k raw footage. Can't playback the footage at full resolution, but that is not the issue. The issue that I'm having is when I apply warp stabilizer it takes 15min to analyze a several second clip and the resources of my computer are completely idle. Rendering 265 and 264 is extremely slow. When rendering the use of the processor doesn't go beyond thirty something percent. This extremely slow workflow is insanely frustrating.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Generating Peak Files should be Multi-threaded

Generating peak files is one of the slowest aspects of Premiere. Can we please make this process faster?

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Make Proxies for All Clips in Specific Sequence Please!

Let's finally add the ability to create proxies for a specific sequence.

If you have multiple takes for a scene, and you grab selects to create a stringout, allow us to simply right click, etc, the sequence/timeline tab and "create proxies for sequence"

Then the auto proxy workflow would work like it does and make proxies for those clips online.

Currently to do this, if proxies aren't made for every clip (or not relinking! :/ ) we have to individually select each clip, go to the project panel, right clip, make proxy. Over and over. And with many clips this…

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Extend does not bring all tracks lasso'ed at ends back to the playhead

Back-extend of selected cuts does not meet up at the Playhead. Nice jagged pattern. Great for modern art, not much use in editing. This kind behavior should have been nailed years ago.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Make it so the media offline notification doesn't appear until AFTER Premire has finished loading up

Because of the yet to be solved bleeding media management issues with Premiere some projects can get large, over 100MBs, and be slow to open. Very slow. Naturally one might step away for a moment to let Premiere slowly do its thing, but it doesn't if something is offline. Rather than open the project as requested, it has to let you know something is offline first. Then you can wait again while your project slowly opens. Can this notice come after the project loads? It'd be more efficient and less invasive.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Re-write Warp Stabilizer code and improve performance

Isn't it about time Adobe Premiere SW Engineering team did a complete overhaul of the Warp Stabilizer function?.
    Its a very useful tool but painful to use - even with a very fast system. It appears the code running it is stuck in glue and efficiency is bad.
    Even on a relatively fast system it does not appear to be making full use of CPU resources.
    Competition products seem to be able to do this - so please add to priority engineering Software development list please.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. multicore

About multicore utilization ...

At the present moment, there are thousands of users with new and powerful multi-core CPUs with plenty of power not utilized by Adobe's programs.
    An Adobe response to the demand that Adobe focus on this issue is that "it is difficult" ...

You are a big company, you can solve it - so solve it.

Using the excuse that it is difficult to solve is just silly and provocative - you have to prioritize this issue!

I'm sure you will get incredibly positive reactions from many users if you focus on speed and core utilization in…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Bug in PP 2020 with saved project files

I'm having massive performance issues when editing a saved project file after shutting down my desktop. I have a saved file where I'm just trying to trim up a single video file. When I'm seeking throughout the file to get to specific portions to trim, it'll take up to a minute for the video playback to catch up to the spot in the video on the saved files. This takes maybe 5 seconds on a fresh project file.

Fresh project files have no perf issues, saved project files make editing so much longer.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 16 17
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base