Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Functionality similar to Hedge

Be able to import footage to two drives simultaneously and verify that the footage was copied without issue, and generate proxies. Could be a standalone app or built-in to Premiere Pro.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. importing media with onedrive

when assets stored in OneDrive are 'cloud only' and Premier requests the file, then the premier import progress dialogue appears with zero progress and hangs for several minutes before reporting an error that cannot import file.
    I suggest that integration with OneDrive be developed or at least better error reporting, as all work stops while this hangs.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. H264 Mpeg-4 AVC files will not import video

Having real trouble with Premiere on a brand new Windows 10 HP Z8 workstation with a pretty high spec.

Every time I try to import an MP4 it brings it in as just an audio clip, and if I import MXF camera files from a Sony F55, it brings in a full clip but the video is black and I get "error retrieving frame" errors continuously.

Have updated from 15.4.1 to the latest version with no success. Have completely reinstalled Windows, tried different drivers, basically everything and still can't solve the problem. The files are all using the same codec…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Import to bin remembers previous folder

What if when you import with a bin selected, Premiere would remember the last folder in finder/explorer you used to import from?
    So if you had a video or music or VO folder, it would remember to open the same folder you imported files from for that bin previously?
    Small thing, but I hate having to always hunt around for the right folder.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Import Graphics

When importing a graphic from Photoshop, it would be great to have Premiere remember the users' last choice and dialogue box sizing/position. So, if you chose individual layers, that would be the default on the next import - if you've elongated the dialogue box to view many layers of a .psd it would stay that way until changed or restarted.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Import video stops working after a period of time in Premiere Pro 2022. You have to close out of Premiere and reopen it to import video.

Import video stops working after a period of time in Premiere Pro 2022. You have to close out of Premiere and reopen the project to import video. And it happens over and over again.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. After Effects Files Not Importing

When loading projects with After Effects files already uploaded before the updates, the After Effects files will not load into the project. When I try to to link the files to the original source, Premiere freezes. And when I try to import new After Effects files into a project, Premiere freezes again.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Mp4 files import audio only

I updated CC to the newest version - now I can't import mp4 files (most of them from GH5, but also from stock footage). AFX and Premiere imports only Audio. mp4 from DJI are now stated as not supported file type. Media encoder also shows no Video. I can import these files to Photoshop without a problem and they open in Resolve, Avid, VLC and all other Apps you can think of. I tried to set back to prior version of AFX, premiere and Mediaencoder, but now it's the same problem there as well. I uninstalled the whole CC, run…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Very slow import of assets containing closed captioning

I am attempting to import (link) a 90 minute plus asset using Premiere Pro v. 15.4.2 for on-air versioning. I have two Full HD OP1a .mxf assets that are identical, except one contains Closed Captioning on line 18 and the other does not...

The asset without CC is acquired in less than a minute and the version containing CC requires more than 10 minutes to accomplish the same task. It makes no difference if Preferences > Media > Include Captions on import option is checked or unchecked. The outcome is the same when CC is present..

Seeing that assets of…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Clips being replaced by other clips with same file name

Premiere Pro v22.0.0 build 169, iMac late 2019, Big Sur 11.6.1

Not sure if this should be under projects or import...but it is a file handling bug/issue.

Have multiple raw clips imported into project from network storage. Some clips have identical file names.

When opening a project and not being attached to network storage...when prompted to locate footage, after reconnecting to network storage (via secure VPN) clips with identical file names are overwritten or incorrectly linked in project.

For example. Two clips with the filename C00008.mp4 (file A and B) When locating/relinking clips. Premiere overwrites one of the files (B)…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. request for better caption options

it would be great if there was an option import captions as a raw .txt file, then the transcription could be done using existing the "script of the video" rather than translating the audio

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Correct Clip naming on Import

On import, currently, if you import a footage folder from a Canon camera the folder structure is, CONTENTS > CLIPS > CLIPNAME.MXF However, they end up importing always as CLIP01 rather than the clip name. If you manually go and change the folder CONTENTS to CONTENT, then they import with the clip name. Can you please fix this?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Import Transcript

Hi...I see in Premiere Pro Beta there is a grayed-out "Import Transcript" option in the Transcript area. Is this coming soon? Would love to get that added to the Beta. The ability to use the power of Transcribe with the ability to add our own approved transcript will be a game-changer for our workflow.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Configure color management import settings in project settings

Configure colour management import settings manually to decide the colour space to Rec709 or 2020 or any other LUT based on the preference of the intended output settings, not the origin clip.

Have the ability to save these settings in the project settings menu, not in the clip modification window of each media source.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. make imported png sequences match fps with pre existing sequence

when i imported a png sequence into a video that had the sequence set at 24fps, the png sequence said 29.97fps in it's properties, so when I dragged it into the timeline it would skip some frames, eventually after releasing 5kg of Cortisol, the primary stress hormone, I figured out that by going to edit>preferences>media>indeterminate media timebase, and switching it from 29.97 to 24, I was able to fix this problem. an AMAZING idea is that from now on, all imported png sequences will have their fps set to whatever the sequence fps of the project already is.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Bug - Alpha channels have a blur

Premiere v15.4.2 & After Effects 18.4.2
    When importing graphics into Premiere via Dynamic Link, all the graphics have a soft blur around them. No effects in After Effects or Premiere applied.

Also when using the Track Matte key in Premiere, the Alpha Channel has a blurred edge - Using Luminance removes the blurred edge. There's no blur on the Alpha matte

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. See if already imported in Import mode

The new import mode make it easy to do a storyline in import mode but when we need to import the rest of the footage, is it possible to have a visual aid or a menu that says already imported or not imported yet.

Thanks!

JP

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. With Prelude gone, it's now very difficult to quickly copy, verify and rename clips on ingest. I'd love this to be streamlined

With Prelude gone, it's now very difficult to quickly copy, verify and rename clips on ingest. I'd love this to be streamlined in the new media importer or perhaps added to Media Encoder. I really don't think it should be that we have to create a preset for each ingest in order to achieve these simple tasks which Prelude was perfect for, especially as you have to select a destination in order to create the preset.

Prelude allowed for quick, logical progression through the ingest settings allowing you to customize each ingest as needed.
    Working in an education environment we…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Sony FS5 issues when importing into premiere

When importing Sony Fs5 into premiere, I get a nice green screen on playback. Isn't an issue on the camera side. Will playback seamlessly in VLC, Catalyst etc.. I feel needs to be an update working with the codec of the Sony line of cameras. I'm currently having to transcode every folder to be usable in Premiere Pro. Have latest version of PP21 updated.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Assembly Workspace default needs improvement

The Project Panel in the Assembly Workspace always defaults to the wrong pane! I don't understand why the default Assembly Workspace wants the Project Panel in the top right pane and the Audio Levels in the great big left pane that takes up half of the screen. I mean why do Audio Levels even matter in Assembly mode?
    What I wish it would do is have the Project Panel in the great big left pane and the Media Browser should be in the upper Right Pane and that should be defaulted to open at the location of the Project File…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base