Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. All the video files contains glitches when I import files edited in Premiere Pro 2018 to Premiere Pro 2019

So this keeps on happening when using the software in my Lenovo laptop. Is there a way to prevent the gliches ?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I have the very latest update for my Premiere pro program. It no longer supports PNG!!! That's insane. Why would you remove any file formats

It can't possibly use up any band with to retain old file formats, yet you have eliminated many. Ones like AVI and PNG are still used for many stock photos and clips. Also, you can no longer edit an audio file in Audition, it always says file not found, no matter which file you choose. Hoping this is just a glitch because it's really slowing down my work flow.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Properly detect and import .avi files with multiple audio tracks

Reproduce this issue by recording an .avi with multiple audio tracks - likely with DXTory. Then import the raw video into premiere. Only one audio track will be shown. Right-clicking the footage and selecting properties shows that Premiere can see the additional audio tracks.

To use the additional tracks, install VLC media player and return to your original raw footage in windows explorer. Right-click, select 'export audio stream'. Then import those .wav files into Premiere and sync them individually against the original material.

This is TERRIBLE workflow. As someone with 4 audio sources per clip, I spend ~5 minutes exporting,…

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. BUG - importing .png made in After effects wipes out other dynamically linked AE comps in PremPro

In After effects I create a .png still via comp>save frame as and save frame as *.png.
    Then I import in to Premiere Pro (either through media browser or drag and drop from windows explorer).
    As soon as the file hits Premiere Pro all AE comps that have been imported via dynamic link disappear (red screen - can't find media). I then have to close down Prem Pro and reopen for them to reappear.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Manual trigger to Sort items in a bin

I export a slide deck from PowerPoint as a set of .png files. They are labelled as slide1, slide2, slide3 etc by PowerPoint without offering any alternative numbering system. I then import them into a project's Slides bin. However, they do not appear in the order 1,2,3,4 etc.

So I would suggest some sort of sorting faciltity that one could configure and trigger on a bin. This would save one having to rearrange the slides into numerical sequence by hand.

Kind regards
    Mike H

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Link bins to different OS folders

In my projects, i generally have two different bins that import from two different folders on my OS. i create assets for these folders on the fly. Every time i create an asset and import it into Bin1, i have to navigate to it in the Import prompt. Then i create an asset meant for Bin 2, and again, i have to navigate through the OS prompt to that bin before i can import.

Why can't i just tell a Bin to always point to a specific folder, so that when i import, it automatically navigates there FOR me? Bonus…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Bug report: Importing ProRes from BlackMagic Hyperdeck Studio in Premiere 2019

Premiere Pro 13.0 refuses to import HD or QHD ProRes .mov files recorded on Hyperdecks, although they worked fine previously. I get "A low-level exception occurred in: ImporterQuickTime (Importer:57)" or sometimes (Importer:39). If I open a previous project, they are offline. Similar files from BlackMagic Video Assists work fine. Deleting v13 and back to v12.1 I guess.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Fix it so it can open perfectly good H.264 files.

Premiere won't import perfectly good H.264 files, which play fine in QuickTime Player and IINA. Example attached.

It says "We were unable to open the file on disk." The file is on my desktop. Premiere has no problem importing still images that reside right next to it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Bug Premiere Pro 13.0.2 and 13.0.3 no longer can import .MOV files (SHQ3, SHQ2 and M2V1), 13.0.1 can.

If you use Premiere Pro 13.0.1 you can import Quicktime .mov files with codec SHQ3, SHQ2 and M2V1, but if you update to 13.0.2 or 13.0.3 you can't.
    It'd be great if you could get that functionality back.
    Thanks.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Bug Premiere Pro 13.0.2 and 13.0.3 no longer can import .MOV files (SHQ3, SHQ2 and M2V1), 13.0.1 can.

If you use Premiere Pro 13.0.1 you can import Quicktime .mov files with codec SHQ3, SHQ2 and M2V1, but if you update to 13.0.2 or 13.0.3 you can't.
    It'd be great if you could get that functionality back.
    Thanks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. General Import Error with Drone Footage in Premiere 2019

When I import Mavic Pro 2 HEVC files (MP4) into Premiere 13.0.3 on a Windows 10 PC, I get the "general import error" message. My windows settings are set to hide file extensions. For me to be able to import them I have to manually add the ".MP4" to the end of all the drone clips. Then they import fine. However, if I just make it so that the file extensions are NOT hidden, the file will have the .MP4 extension but will NOT import. I actually have to manually add the .MP4 myself for some odd reason. Frustrating. Not…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Support AVCHD files

Please bring back the support of AVCHD files. Y'all have left a lot of people including myself out in the cold. I have had to buy Final Cut Pro to be able to get my work done.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Import After Effects Composition - Bug + Improvement

When I import an After Effects Composition I click the desired comp, then OK, then the "Import After Effects Composition" window appears again so I have to go through the process again...

Can you also please make it so we can select and import multiple comps at once?

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Live (Dynamic Link) Bins

PROBLEM: Due to the nature of my work, I slow get footage for different projects over a couple weeks or months. As I get new footage/music/foley for a project, it seems pretty old school to have to import each set of files into my windows folder structure then manually import the files into premiere to match that folder structure.

IDEA: Allow for the import of a folder tree into the premiere project panel to be displayed as bins. After that's done, you can have the preference to (1) update the bins on project open (2) auto update the bins every…

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Can't import mts files

to date I had no problems importing mts files (from panasonic camera) I do not know exactly since wich update it occurs but I can no longer import these files (the audio does not work) nor can I use projects that use this type of files (it tells me that is not the same format ... or something similar) and I can't relink files... Please need a solution!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Merged Clip Resolution Bug

When re-linking media, the video file will update to reflect the linked video file's resolution. This works correctly.

However, when re-linking a merged clip, the merged clip does not update to the resolution of the re-linked video file. It works correctly when placed in a timeline, but the thumbnail and source monitor feed as well as the metadata for resolution do not update properly.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Show iOS devices in the Media Browser for Import like Final Cut Pro X and iMovie

It would be great if the Media Browser tab in Adobe video and audio applications supported "Cameras" like the Media Import dialog box in Final Cut Pro X and iMovie does. This would include FaceTime cameras and iOS devices (iPhones/iPads), allowing users to import video recorded with these devices.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Premiere Pro import marker colors in FCP XML files.

Currently, Premiere Pro ignores marker colors in FCP XML files that are imported. It would be helpful if it would import the color as well.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Some Quicktime Prores files can't import in Premiere CC 2019

Some Quicktime Prores files can't import in Premiere CC 2019

But Premiere CC 2018 (12.1.1)could !!!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Please do not use your Adobe ID and password.

Feedback and Knowledge Base