Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Sequence Settings Presets - to be able to share settings

To be able to import and export sequence settings the same way we can import and explort LUTS, effects ect. It's a useful element for creators with so many aspect ratios being used noawadays

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Import captions from Premiere Pro to After Effects using dynamic link

Doing captions inside Premiere Pro is super easy, and sometimes you need to import the composition inside AE to add some last retouches to it. It would be amazing to be able to import the captions from PrP to AE effortlessly!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Premiere should assess playability of media on import and ask to transcode if slow

In almost every large documentary project I work on with huge amounts of different media there is always some bad media that causes massive playback issues, which is really frustrating when I need to work quickly.

While I like the fact you don't have to transcode everything to a native format like in Avid, therefore avoiding big and expensive workflows, I do think Premiere should assess all media upon import and tell you if it wont be able to play it back well, and if it can't then it should ask you if you'd like to transcode this media to…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Please allow proxies to be generated from raw footage based on the user chosen gamma profile, rather than strictly Rec709

From within PP, I can generate proxies from imported 16bit RAW footage. However, I can't change the gamma curve/color space for those proxies. The render out apparently using a Rec709 transform, making many of the proxies difficult to deal with. If I intend to grade S-log3, I should be able to render proxies in S-log3 from 16bit RAW footage.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 14.8 not reading RMD from RED footage

Premiere changes footage settings to Wide Gamut and LOG upon import, when footage is shot as Rec709, BT 1886.

Only behaves this way in 14.8, previous versions import as shot.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. [BUG] .srt files in Premiere Pro

Hello,

I would like to report a bug. Which was most likely caused by a recent update of the Premiere Pro Software. When importing .srt subtitles it automatically convert them in to the frame rate of the movie file. By doing so it also change the entire timecode of the subtitle I'm using . In the past it used to be left at 25fps all the time. Since .srt don't really have any timecode.

That's sort of okay, however if I manually revert the subtitle file back to 25fps and save my session, once I open it again, it will…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Provide a screen recording solution for CC customers

Hi community,
    it was kind of shocking to me when I learned, that the full CC subscription does not include any software for doing screen recording. I find that so fundamental for a subscription which is made for video producers, that I am trying this way now to make Adobe aware omit and maybe one day having a feature request for a simple utility shipping with CC helping Premiere users to stay in CC universe when needing screen recording as a source for their projects...

So if you are feeling with me, regardless if you already use something else, can…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Please, incorporate the FCPXML file to import timelines into Premiere Pro.

Hi there,

I want the feature or file support "FCPXML" to import timeline between LumaFusion and Premiere pro or FinalCut and Premiere pro.

Please, make that feature to import timelines more better.

Thanks...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I cannot open a saved project

I cannot import a saved video. It's a few minutes long video saved on Adobe premiere pro last week and I cannot find a way to open and view it

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. drag and drop file for importing has been taken off - this is going backwards

please add drag and drop - this is an important feature for quick editing

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Import files in background

HI! We need to get the Import files window out of the way - you can't do anything while files are importing.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Bug with proxy files and ips adaptation

If you change the frame rate of a video files after you create the proxy the edit is different in the timeline with the proxy and the original media.
    More your in point is far more the clip in the timeline change between orignal & Proxy files. I think the change for the frame rate is not apply to proxy files. I found the pb with the latest CC2020 in juin 2020. It is very easy to reproduce the pb. Chose an 24P original media, create proxy, change the frame rate to 25P ad the clip in a new 25P…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Repair ability to capture from HDV decks via firewire

I have to use Premiere Pro 2017 in order to get capture to work from my Sony HVR M15U HDV deck via Firewire. Premiere Pro 2020 (vers 14.3.1 build 45) just crashes when you attempt to go to Capture Settings as it doesn't even recognize that a deck is connected as it reports the device is offline.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. MOV Files once again import with only audio

Using PP 14.5 and Catalina 10.15.7 19H2 (All the most current versions) - Premiere has reverted back to only allowing the import of one MOV file recorded from an iPhone into a sequence. The video portion is no longer imported.

This worked a short while ago and now doesn't work anymore. I have cleared all media cache, restarted ensured all programs are updated. The first MOV file imports properly, but the second one does not.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. gopro hevc support

Please allow us to import h.265 or HEVC coded videos from gopro cameras. Currently, it only imports audio and it's very frustrating given that the latest update was supposed to address this.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Allow to import folder with only one item

When we import a folder hierarchy only the folders with more than 1 item remain. Any folders with only one item in it, the file will be imported but the folder does not remain.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Import .mov files with multiple pcm audio tracks

It seems like there is a bug in Premiere Pro regarding .mov files with h.264 video and multiple pcm audio tracks.

If I make a video with a h.264 video track and three pcm audio tracks (https://shared-assets.adobe.com/link/0059d80c-6cde-4a0d-6c28-3d2573c6bf38), Premiere can import the file fine, but it will only use one audio track.

If I make a .mov file with h.264 video and three AAC audio tracks (https://shared-assets.adobe.com/link/8442d229-2cd2-4c2f-5a1a-0058493c2150), Premiere will import the file fine and see all available audio tracks.

It seems strange to me to make Premiere able to read a h.264 video with multiple AAC audio…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base