Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Version 14 not recognizing Panasonic P2 in Media Browser

After installing ver 14 (2020), I noticed that Premiere doesn't recognize Panasonic P2 media. It only sees the separate .mxf files/folders but not the card/folder as spanned clips. The Directory viewer only shows/allows the "File Directory" option. The Panasonic P2 is greyed out.

However when I switch over to ver 13.1.5 (2019) media browser works flawlessly and gives me the option to view File Directory and Panasonic P2.

Any way to correct/fix this? Is this a build issue?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Premiere pro 14.0.4 file import failure on some .mov files

Premiere pro 14.0.4 file import failure on some .mov files.

After opening up a saved project with previous version some of the Panasonic GH5 .Mov files are not linked. When trying to relink it now say "File inporter failure"

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Low Level Exception Occurred - Importer MPEG Importer 8 - on dragging files into AP

I have been dealing with this issue for a while, I have read every relevant topic on this forum to no avail.

Windows 10
    32 GB ram i7 500GB SSD
    GeForce RTX 2060

So this only happen occasionally, Id say 1 out of every 35 attempts of dragging clips to the media files in Premire, but sometimes if crashes when I only open up the file explorer, before I even try to drag a clip in. Usually the clips are MP4 since it sometimes happens when I just open file explorer it may not matter the type of file.

One…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. When importing a PSD, the "import as:" selection should have an "apply to all" option for multiple PSDs

When importing a layered PSD, the "import as" selection should have an "apply to all" option so that it applies to multiple PSDs that are being imported. Currently, you need to perform that action for each one separately which can be quite cumbersome

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Re-add the ability to capture DV in 10.15 and higher on Mac OS

Re-add the ability to capture DV in 10.15 and higher on Mac OS

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Timecode sync audio/video in batches

Sync audio and video by timecode in batches:
    It would be great if you could select an entire bin or folder full of clips and autosync ALL of them in one go via timecode. As it is right now, you need to do them one by one which is very time consuming if you have hundreds of hours worth of material.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I want to roll back to previous versions.

I have no idea what you did, but as soon as I updated Premiere to the either of the two newest versions this week, I can't import anything without it freezing in some way, be it video input or just stopping on a small video file that worked perfectly fine in previous version. So not only are you raising the price of the subscription, but also releasing broken software that just does not work!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. How to down load tutorials files ?

How to down load tutorials files ?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Import issue with regular mp4 videofiles

Import does not work. Error "Kompressionstyp der Datei wird nicht unterstützt", mp4, 30fps, pretty normal videofiles.

Renaming of Media Cache/Media Cache Files does not work.

Can you help?
    Premiere Pro 14.0 Magician, running on Windows 10

Thanks

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Color noise introduced when importing CinemaDNG in Premiere Pro CC

I'm using Premiere Pro CC v13.0 and face the following problem when importing CinemaDNG files directly in Premiere:

I get massive amounts of extra noise in my video, which is not present when opening a single RAW DNG frame with Adobe Camera Raw (see example attached).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Bug: Inserting two video files one after the other will only insert the second audio, leaving out the video

When inserting two MP4 video files, there is a glitch.

If I drag two video files onto the timeline, no problem. Both the audio and video are imported, and the files are adjacent to each other on the timeline. If I import the second video by dragging it onto the timeline, with the first video already on the timeline, then ONLY the audio is imported.

I have reinstalled Premiere Pro and updated my video card driver as well.

A separate issue that -might- be somehow related is that the audio of an exported MP4 or MP3 file has a background…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow use of Photoshop Cloud Documents .PSDC to be used in Premiere

I am trying to put together a workflow for Film Pre-production Animatics and I'm bottle-necked at not being able to use Photoshop .PSDC files for the Ipad Pro in Premiere Pro for PC. Other options require exporting images instead of overwriting a single file that can be used between the two pieces of software.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Import and automatically copy to an assigned location on a drive

I'd like to create a bin and assign a folder location to it on my hard drive.
    Whatever media I import in that particular bin, should also automatically copy the media to the assigned folder on my drive.

This is will be very helpful when we import stock sound effects, music or other media, and not have to worry about copying what I have imported to my project drive.

Professionals usually have a drive of stock assets of which they may use suitable media for a project. When working on a large project, I import 1000's of sound effects and…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. importing a script

I cut a lot of narratives and one tool that would be very valuable would be a way to import a script and set in and out points within the shots and link it to the script to very quickly navigate the dailies in story order when needed, A possible way of setting in and out points around a line of dialogue and then dragging it over to the corresponding line of dialogue in the script window to automatically sync would be awesome.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Media Encoder turns ProRes .MOV into oP1a .MXF??

This may be discussed elsewhere but I can't find this peculiar issue.

I’m not calling this a bug because operator error its entirely possible. Thing is, I usually don’t touch ME.

So, when I import a 4K ProRes (HQ) file into my Premiere Pro project, and it comes in, I see it listed correctly— but then the listing transforms magically into an MXF file with the dimensions 1280 X 720— whoa!! I’m not ready for that.

This is happening persistently.

So I tried analyzing the ME presets. Apparently I have two sets of ProRes codecs— one set is actually oP1a…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Bug Report: Ingesting P2 with Match Source - XDCAM HD is not using source frame rate

Premiere Pro and Media Encoder 14.0.2 on MacOS 10.15.3

When ingesting P2 media using Transcode Preset Match Source - XDCAM HD in Premiere, Media Encoder is transcoding 59.94i video to 25 fps instead of matching the source.

A quick test of the same media with Match Source - ProRes and Match Source - XDCAM EX works properly.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Premiere pro 14.1 AE compositions link error

I have many current projects. After update Premiere to version 14.1 (and AE and ME to current to) i give same trouble in all projests: loaded into projects AE compositions (if its 2 and more in project) no longer avaible with "media offline" screen but all resources are in their places. Rollback to previous versions resolved problem.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Fix the 'recovered clips' bug

Everytime you copy or import anything from one project to another premiere creates automatically a bin called 'recovered clips' which is very annoying.
    Then, you edit through all you clips and in your secuence if you choose to 'show you in project' it goes to the 'recovered clips' bin and not to the original bin that has your material.
    This is a huge bug.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Bug: MP4 file imported with incorrect image size

Bug: MP4 file imported with incorrect image size

MP4 files (produced by HS160 drone camera) are recognized correctly by other programs as 1920x1080. Premiere Pro imports as 1280x720. There are no settings to force correct image size. Example file is attached.

Workaround: use Handbrake to convert to another format, then Premiere Pro imports correctly.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. RUSH: Direct import from Mac Photos libraby

Feedback for Adobe RUSH
    Please add functionality to direct import from Mac Photos library. I need a slimmed down video editing software like Rush, but don’t have the time or file space to export all the necessary video clips to then use them in Rush. Until this functionality is added I will continue to use iMovie.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base