Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ability to colour the folder icons for bins

I like to use coloured labels to identify the type of media. Sometimes I switch between a light colour to show I haven't used the item yet to a dark colour to show I have put it in the timeline (heck, that would nice if automatically some indicator next to an item changed to show what has been used).

However, it would be really nice if you could change the colour of the folder icon used to represent bins to match the media instead of it being fixed as grey.

Kind regards
    Mike H

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Colours of labels visible in Icon View

it would be great to see the colours that you have assigned to labels in Icon View of the project panel. Perhaps instead of a grey background, you see the colour of the label instead?

Kind regards
    Mike Howell

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Bug CC19 13.1.3 will not import some files but not others in the same codec

Bug, When importing folders of XDCam rushes will import some but not all the folders. Error message says dose not support codec! When clearly it does as it's just imported some...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. premiere cc no longer supports h.264

fix backwards compatibility, half the files are in this format , I have to go back to premiere pro cs6 to work with the files people are sending, makes having a cc subscription pointless if the files don't work. should just cancel my subscription and go back to cs6

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. XAVC S mp4 audio out of sync

Since PP started importing 25p AVCHD files as interlaced, I started shooting XAVC S mp4 with my Sony camcorder, only to discover that in half of the cases the audio gets out of sync when I import them into Premiere Pro. Sometimes clearing cache helps, other times changing the extension from .mp4 to .mov does the trick, but other times nothing seems to work.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. To add support for .mkv or Matroska video format

It would be great if you can add support for .mkv or Matroska video format

50 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. PREMIERE WON'T IMPORT FULL MP4 VIDEO

Adobe Premiere won't import the full video clip (it's MP4 format and 30fps). I tried EVERYTHING i read in every support forum and nothing is working. I tried the "New sequence" option in settings, it didn't work. I tried changing the format of the video, it didn't work. I tried adjusting the framerate, that didn't work.

Nothing is working!

When I view the video in Windows 10 media player it's around 3 minutes and 22 seconds. When I open it in Premiere it's 2 minutes and 55 seconds! SO it cuts off 30 seconds of video!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Read File Structure of C300 Media

I am constantly running into problems importing C300 media through the media browser - warnings about importing xml files, spanned clips importing separately, even clips not importing altogether. I wouldn't mind having to install a driver to fix this problem. It works just fine in Avid.

Also... because of this issue, it is impossible to media manage the projects since Premiere seems to have a hard time splicing mxf files.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Please fix drag-and-drop import

Drag-and-drop is by far the easiest and most natural way to import assets, and yet it creates tons of glitchy behavior in Premiere, including, but not limited to: The wrong audio is included when exporting through Media Encoder. Some assets fail when using Project Manager to consolidate projects. All sorts of strange audio playback issues within Premiere. And probably lots more. Please fix this. It is a fundamental way that all editing software works these days, even the crusty old Avid. The number of headaches you'd save users would be in the hundreds of thousands, and the perceived reliability of…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. I can't edit when I drag new clip

When I drag new clip to timeline, I can't be able to edit, click, drag that clip in timeline. It's like when you drag new clip, it freezes all.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Active Folders

It would be great to see an "Active Folders" option which allows Premiere Pro to automatically update imported folders within a project.

If, during import, an entire folder is imported as a whole into a project, it should allow the user to toggle on/off "Active Mode" - in "Active Mode", the bin within the Premiere project will constantly monitor and refresh the contents of the bin to match what is contained in the corresponding folder on the hard drive.

As an example, a user might have a "Stock music" folder on their hard drive which they import into their project.…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Bug report: Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2018 12.1.2

I just tried to import a file PM4 file from my Xiaomi Yi 4K+ and I am getting this nasty error: File Import Failure. The importer reported a generic error. ImporterMPEG (Importer:39) and ImporterQuickTime (Importer:57)
    I am using PC Windows 10 Pro. However, I have another laptop running the previous version of Premiere Pro CC 2018 12.1.1 and there works fine. Please fix that nasty bug!!! I cannot use my files on the main PC!!!

I am including test video file and 2 screenshots. Try this footage as well: https://www.dropbox.com/s/gud6tbatwad0vl8/YI024701.mp4?dl=0

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Reveal in Media Browser

Similar to "Reveal in Project" or "Reveal in Finder/Explorer" it would be nice to have an additional "Reveal in Media Browser" option that opens the chosen file in Media Browser, including showing the folder path in the left hand column.

One of the common uses of "Reveal in Finder" is to quickly find other takes from the same card/folder that have not yet been imported. Because some file types can not be natively previewed in Finder or Explorer (eg RedRaw, or ProRes on a Windows machine), it would be much easier to reveal the files directly in the Media Browser…

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  3 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add a feature to where I can add aftermarket Luts into Adobe Premiere Pro (Including subfolders/ content) instead of using browse each time.

Add a feature to where I can add aftermarket Luts into Adobe Premiere Pro (Including subfolders/ content) instead of using browse each time. I bought over 10,000 Luts for APP and would like to be able to access them in a drop down menu in the actual program. Browsing for each Luts is too time consuming.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Import LUTs folder to enable Professionals to import them all together in Premiere Pro

Import LUTs folder to enable Professionals to import them all together in Premiere Pro

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. CSV Markers file IMPORT to sequence or clip

We can export markers, but not import them.

Import -> CSV or TXT or JSON -> markers to sequence or markers to clip.

Nothing too smart, just timecode and marker, maybe even the comment.

This would help integrate with nonstandard workflows and would help prevent us moving the whole workflow to a competitor product.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Improve and Consolidate the Appearance of Duplicate Media

I can't tell you how many times I've imported a sequence, NOT clicked "Allow Importing Duplicate Media" and ended up with duplicate media anyway. Media that is clearly in my project.

Furthermore, deleting media that I know is a duplicate removes the clip instance in the timeline, so I'm forced to keep both copies.

It would be fantastic to have a feature where Premiere scans your project for duplicate media, media that is clearly, or nearly, identical, and allows you to choose which one to keep.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Fix the bug on the new update that is making my animated logo look weird, where the color is flashing green every half second.

My animated logo looks fine in my videos edited with the previous version of premiere pro. But since I updated the version, now my logo flashes back and forth between the regular colors and green every half second. I tried everything to fix it. The file is not corrupted. The exact same logo file looks fine in all the other videos edited before the update and all messed up in any video I edit after the update. This is a bug. Please fix ASAP.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. When Importing an AE Comp to Premiere, I have to select it twice.

When Importing an AE Comp to Premiere, I have to select the AE project & select the comp two times. Why? I figured it was a bug, but two updates later it hasn't changed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. h265 10bit issues

It seems that Adobe Premiere 2019 has problems with the management of the 10 bit h265 codec. Once the clips are imported, they results more contrasted than 8bit file (shot with Fujifilm XT3). Importing the clip, the video loose dynamic range and there are no problems with any other editing software, or video players. Please, can you fix?

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Please do not use your Adobe ID and password.

Feedback and Knowledge Base