Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I have an issue importing mp3 files in the beta version for the M1 macs

I have an issue importing Mp3 audio into my project on the Premiere Pro Beta for Mac M1. I had contacted your customer care with no success. also they suggested that i export the project as XML file but the option is not available on the beta version..

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Compression Type Import Error Fix

Please fix this! It is simply ridiculous that the fix for a "compression type error" is to rename the files... basically nothing changes but the name of the file and somehow the magic works and i can import normal mp4 files... FIX THIS PLEASE!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Better support for MTS format

The MTS format seems to be a problem for Adobe Premiere Pro. Sync, choke and import problems. Lots of posts report these problems, but one by one they get little attention.
    There are lots of professional equipment that record and use this format, still these problems have been following Premiere for years. Some has been solved, but some has also returned in newer updates.What about doing what any other video application handles without so much fuzz. Fix MTS import and make it easy for editors. No more transcoding to get those files into Premiere....that is not an ideal solution. That's…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Maintain folder structures on import

Add an option to preserve empty folder structures on import!

Often I or an assistant editor will create a folder structure in the finder with empty folders to be populated with media later on in the production workflow (i.e. Final mix stems, color files, graphics). Currently if you import empty folders or folders with only one item in them, those empty folders disappear on import and the single item that was inside them is left outside any folder. This prevents planning and proper organization, and I'm not sure what the benefit of it is? Fewer folders? But I wanted those,…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Bug import images

Bug: Incorrect preview even though the images are distinct

To reproduce this bug, export the photograph that is subdivided into grids via Illustrator, then import the exported images to Premiere Pro. The imported images all appear the same even though they should be from different parts of the photo grid.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. "We were unable to open the file on disk"

In Premiere Pro 2020, I am trying to import a .mov file on my imac—it says "We were unable to open the file on disk", I have tried renaming the file to .mp4 and .avi, nothing has worked. Please help.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Cinema DNG files of Sigma fp camera improve import in premiere pro directly

Cinema DNG files of Sigma fp camera improve import in premiere pro directly

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Importing HDV MPEG-TS files broken in new Premiere V15

At our TV station We have several Windows 10 editing systems and they recently updated to the new premiere V15 release and now our old collection of thousands of HDV MPEG-TS files from Sony HVR-Z1U cameras no longer work in premiere. They Import and just show the "media pending" picture until you click on one and try to navigate it and then the error log says:

"Frame substitution recursion attempt aborting after multiple attempts on file"

This happens on every machine that was updated.
    This happens in premiere, after effects and media encoder
    This does not happen in the previous…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. GoPro video clips contain GPS telemetry data that needs to be retained during assembly of clips and editing in PP.

I want to assemble and edit GoPro video clips in Pemiere Pro while retaining the GPS metadata embedded in the original GoPro clips so they can be used to upload to Rouvy to create virtual cycling routes. But, currently the GoPro GPS metadata does not pass through to Premier Pro and so is lost during editing. Given the popularity of GoPro videos and need for post-production editing, the ability to retain GPS metadata during editing and export should be a feature of Premiere Pro.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Can't Import MP3 Files in Premiere Pro Beta

It says that the file format is not supported

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. FASTER THUMBNAILS PLEASE!

I have been using Premiere pro from last 5 years now.
    Sorry to say but it doesn't feels anymore worth it as it takes ages to load thumbnails in the Project bin.
    I have a good fast IMAC machine with 32 GB ram on it.

I have exchanged chats with the support team but till date there has been no solution to it. Tried everything from Clearing Media Cache to Changing Rendering Engines to resetting the software to reinstalling the same.

A lot of my fellow editor have switched to FCP due to the same issue and i might soon…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Importing not allowed

I have a Macbook Pro and the software only allows me to import some videos. After certain amount of time the program does not allow me to import any videos, but only the audio file.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Importing not allowed

I have a Macbook Pro and the software only allows me to import some videos. After certain amount of time the program does not allow me to import any videos, but only the audio file.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Properly import long RED files without duplicate clips.

Current Behavior: Whenever you import a long R3D file Premiere automatically groups the smaller "spanned" clips into a larger clip. If you import the clip via the media browser it works fine because the media browser will hide all but the first clip in a sequence. But if you try to import multiple folders(multiple cards, or days of footage.) Premiere will still group the clips, but it creates a full length master clip for each of the parts the the file was split into causing tons of duplicate clips.

The only work around is to manually recreate your folder structure…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Sigma fp Cinema DNG native editing possibility

need sigma fp cinemadng files to be able to import natively in premiere pro and can be editable as its same like Blackmagic CDng files can be done.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Interpret Footage should have a Loop Footage Option Like After Effects

In Adobe After Effects, at the bottom of the "Interpret Footage" options, you can choose the number of times you would like the footage to loop. This is not available in Premiere Pro and should be.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Canon EOS R5 HEVC 422 files not loading correctly

I have a Canon EOS R5 which can shoot video in HEVC or RAW 10-bit 422 format. Premiere can load all its files fine, but when I examine their properties inside Premiere Pro the HEVC and ALL-I HEVC files show as 10 bit 420 files. Not 10 bit 422. The RAW Files don't actually show the color depth or chroma information. All the files seem to load and edit fine, but it seems to be misinterpreting the 10 bit 422 HEVC files as 420.
    Is this a bug, does it affect my color grading, or is this some intentional conversion…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Dropping video in timeline only brings audio and not the actual video

Every time I import a video and try and add it to my timeline the video doesn't show up, only the audio does. Need an update to fix this problem as soon as possible.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Import "generic error" and proxy issues in PP Beta 15.1

Hi gang,
    Updated to 15.1 this morning and then suddenly had issues with my proxy files for a project. I had an error message saying offline media was in the project and that the proxy files would be rendered.
    I thus tried to "relink full res media" but got a "generic import error" when trying to do this.
    Was able to revert to 15.0 which doesn't have the issues - so must be in the 15.1.
    Similarly, when trying to reimport the files (Canon R5 MP4 files) it said the compression of this file was not supported.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Bug: wrong audio inside .mts after reopening the project

After reopening a project next time, the audio in some .mts files is taken from another .mts clip (probably because of same .mts name!?). Video never looks wrong and the waveform looks right too.
    Import via Media Browser, all AVCHD files (complete copy) are placed in own folders. SD cards are formated, but mostly the same. Name of clips starting everytime at 0000.mts, but this shouldn't be a problem!!!

Reimporting again into a new projects after the failure appears dosen't solve the problem. The Failure must be into the Media cache/database that recognizes the files (with the failure) again.

Only…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base