Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 12 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow Batch Image sequence import

We're working on animation movies, and more specifically editing a feature film. We have 1600+ shots in this movie, that are all rendered to image sequences in various 3rd party software.

We need an efficiant way to import the shots into Premiere. Right now, there's no way to batch import the sequence. We should at least be able to drag & drop folders containing image sequences and have them imported all at once.

A dialogue box upon import should ask us if we want to import the folders content as image sequences, and maybe even let us define the framerate…

13 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. PSD Import in Premiere

I was previously able to import a PSD file with 3 layers into Premiere as separate layers. However, the file would no longer import correctly. I later discovered that the file will not import correctly with the PPI set to 300 and the resolution set to 1920x1080. However, this was not the case in previous versions of Premiere, and I was able to import the exact same file with the PPI set to 300 without an issue.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Auto-Import Watch Folder

I would love to see an optional function that would act like a watch folder for importing assets and folders (as bins). The way I see it working would be: a user designates a folder in drive storage, and as folders and assets are added to that folder, they are automatically added to the project, with the same folder/bin structure. This would save a ton of organizational time.

13 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Drag and drop png sequences

It would be really nice to be able to drag in multiple image sequences (e.g. png/dpx) into a project at once instead of manually having to import them. Currently, each one has to be imported individually using the import window which is VERY time-consuming.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Can you please add Media Watch bins?

Instead of having to manually import footage can you please add a feature which allows you to set up watch folders? Much like the watch folders in Media Encoder.

This will automatically pull in footage as its added to a specific location on a system. If we could have it with out the import progress dialogue that was be ace too.

Thanks.

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Bug: About half the time I drag a file in from Finder into the bin, it doesn't work.

If I drag a file from Finder into the project bin, about half the time it gives me an error noise and nothing happens. There's nothing wrong with the file. If I try again it works.

This is a regular occurrence.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Support AVI files needed in newest release... URGENT

Newest update doesn't support AVI files!!! This is a major issue as it has been supported in the past with previous versions. I represent a market of users who utilize the AVI file from a particular camera system. With over 75K users of this camera and it's file format and your failure to retain this file-are we to tell our customers to use another editing software. Or worse yet..."don't update Premiere"?

95 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

102 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow Proxies and Master Clips to have Different Audio Channels

Just like you can re-link a file to one with different timecode than the version in the project, you should be able to link a proxy file to a master clip with different audio channels than the original. Just like with TC, if there is 4 channels in original clip and proxy clip only has 2 channels, the slash marks simply appear in channels 3 and 4.

THIS IS IMPORTANT because the H.264 spec only supports 2 channels. ALMOST ALL CAMERAS shoot with 4 channels. H264 is IDEAL proxy format if you're taking project to edit mobile (ie to the…

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Please fix the 'Importer reported a generic error'. (File import failure)

How hard can that be? It is so frustrating to see all my clips go offline every single time. It has been happening since so long. Adobe has rolled out at least 2 or 3 updates but could not fix this simple bug? There is absolutely no solution for this? I am having to rename every single clip to reconnect. You know how annoying that is?

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Premiere 2020 doesn't play back animation made in The timeline in photoshop, this worked fine and still works fine in Premiere 2019 :-(

Premiere 2020 doesn't play back animation made in The timeline in photoshop, this worked fine and still works fine in Premiere 2019.

Can you fix it? This is The best way for making hand drawn animation with Adobe products!

I've included a little film where I show The problem. The file called 1_sky.psd is a timeline animation from Photoshop, as you can see it plays back fine in Premiere 2019, but doesn't play back in Premiere 2020.

Hope this gets fixed asap :-)

Thank you.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Want Premiere Rush video capture to work with a shutter remote (Premiere Rush isn't in the Adobe product dropdown, so...suggested under Pro)

Want to capture video inside Premiere Rush using a shutter remote. I have a remote that works with the native iPhone camera, but does not work for video on/off within Premiere Rush

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Media Browser in V14 crashing programs

when selecting a card or mounted from a Panasonic cx350 through Media browser, it will crash the program. This happens with any apps that have media browser in it. I am able to copy files with file explorer to a location and then use Media Browser not problem, but not directly!

windows 10

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Selective ingest settings for proxies

Being able to import 1080p and 4k clips, and have Premiere automatically create proxies for 4k clips ONLY.
    I say 4k clips but it could be something else, my desire is to be able to select which media will be receive proxies automatically.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. import from lightroom

Add the ability to import from a Lightroom Katalogue.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow relinking to clips with different # of audio channels

Just like you can re-link a file to one with different timecode than the version in the project, you should be able to re-link a clip to a file with different audio channels than the original. Just like with TC, if there is 4 channels in original clip and one user wants to use only has 2 channels, the slash marks simply appear in channels 3 and 4.

Sure, warn the user, but sometimes this is just nessecary when a mistake was made in transcode... or you're relinking to colored files, and colorist didn't export with 4 audio tracks (and…

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Premier Pro Crashes when Windows Dialog open to import files.

When I double click the Project Bin to open a Windows Dialog to import the clips, the Premier pro crashes 60% of the times. It's very regular.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. hevc

can not import My Gopro video (4k)
    plz... showing audio only

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Import problem after update to CC 2019

Hello, have problems with import files "The compression type is not supported". With CC 2018 it worked smoothly. Nasty are from the Mavic 2 pro:
    Vollständiger Name : Q:\Import\2018\2018-10-Mavic2-Test\2018-10-05FlugfeldMavic\DCIM\100MEDIA\DJI_0057.MP4
    Format : MPEG-4
    Format-Profil : Base Media
    Codec-ID : isom (isom/iso2/mp41)
    Dateigröße : 2,73 GiB
    Dauer : 3 min 54s
    Gesamte Bitrate : 100 Mb/s
    Kodierungs-Datum : UTC 2018-10-05 17:33:59
    Tagging-Datum : UTC 2018-10-05 17:33:59
    Kodierendes Programm : Lavf56.15.102
    Video
    ID : 1
    Format : HEVC
    Format/Info : High Efficiency Video Coding
    Format-Profil : Main 10@L5@Main
    Codec-ID : hvc1
    Codec-ID/Info : High Efficiency Video Coding
    Dauer : 3 min…

19 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. When Importing a folder with a group of subfolders, the subfolders with only one file are not imported just the enclosed file.

Since I work with files that have cryptic names, having them inside of a subfolder helps me identify them and keep my project organised. Currently, Premiere Pro discards any subfolders with just one file and imports them into the root folder. Please change Premiere Pro so that it no longer discards subfolders containing a single file.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base