Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. The default working color space and gamma curve

Premiere 14.8 update not appreciated: "The default working color space and gamma curve has been modified for all RED files". Can you please give us a choice? I loved how my in-camera settings were imported. Now I have to click "Reload from RMD" for every clip.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Media Browser does not show certain folders

The Media Browser in both Premiere and Media Encoder doesn't like to display certain types of folders. The folders that I am having trouble with are folders that have been copied to my local drive from a Google Drive folder. These show up with a custom icon in Windows File Explorer. They don't show up at all in the Media Browser in Premiere or Media Encoder.

A fix that I have found is to set the custom icon back to a default icon in File Explorer but this is pretty painful if an entire project has been downloaded from Google…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Importing different files with the same names but from different folder cause premiere to use the same clip from the first folder

As i stated in the title, i'm not sure if this is a bug or what is it but Importing different files with the same names but from different folders cause premiere to use the same clip from the first folder

the problem that i'm half way through several projects using the same video clips and i can't change them since that will impact all other projects

and to get worse when i select a bin from premiere and create proxies sometimes it doesn't create proxies for all the videos in it.

App version : Adobe premiere 15.4.0 Build 47 …

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Importing Canon MXF FIles does not Import Filename Correctly

Premiere Pro v14.8 on WIndows 10 - Canon XF utility installed on PC

My Canon Camera transfers footage onto my computer. With a specific File Structure. This is the structure for my Camera Canon XA50
    ../CONTENTS/CLIPS001/Filename.MXF
    ../CONTENTS/CLIPS001/Filename.THM
    ../CONTENTS/CLIPS001/Filename.XML

I believe Other Canon Cameras like the C200 have maybe a couple of other files for each video file. On top of the MXF, THM and XML files.

So, When I use the media browser ti import

Each file comes into Premiere Pro and Gets named CLIPS001 for every single file I import. All called CLIPS001.

Ok now if I rename the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. R3D files in Premiere Pro 2021 has different color science and gamma curve upon import, doesnt match in camera look.

R3D files in Premiere Pro 2021 has different color science and gamma curve upon import, doesnt match in camera look. Had to roll back to 14.5 where it still works. Please update in latest builds too. Otherwise each individual import needs to be adjust with tedious color correction tools in Source Clip Effects in Effect Controls. Thanks

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. i need to work with 32 bit in premiere

let us change the bit depth of the file i need to work with 32bit
    in premiere and i cant....
    please solve this issue.
    in the next update please.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Bring back the ingest settings for captions (SRTs), or allow them to be modified once imported. They do not match timeline fps.

Bring back the ingest settings for captions (SRTs), or allow them to be modified once imported. They do not match timeline fps and therefore can't be used. 2020 and before had this functionality, 2021 has lost this functionality.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Newest version (15.4) introduces bug locating footage

This happens when attaching proxies, but may also happen in general when locating footage.

Right click on file in project, proxy -> attach, then 'search'. After it 'found file with matching name' previously you could just click "OK", but now the button is grayed out. You have to find the file yourself in the list and click "OK".

Attached: Screenshot - OK button is greyed out. Worked great in previous version (15.3). Please make it work like it did before, thanks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Newest version (15.4) introduces bug locating footage

This happens when attaching proxies, but may also happen in general when locating footage.

Right click on file in project, proxy -> attach, then 'search'. After it 'found file with matching name' previously you could just click "OK", but now the button is grayed out. You have to find the file yourself in the list and click "OK".

Attached: Screenshot - OK button is greyed out. Worked great in previous version (15.3). Please make it work like it did before, thanks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Newest version (15.4) introduces bug locating footage

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Macでは拡張子のAVIが読み込み出来ないです

Macではavi拡張子の付いている動画が読み込みが出来ません。
    読み込みや変換するのに他のソフトを使用してその場をしのいでいます。無料ソフトでしたら良いのですが、ユーザーは料金を支払っているので、古い拡張子ですが、読み込み及び変換出来る様にお願いしたいです。

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Macでは拡張子のAVIが読み込み出来ないです

Macではavi拡張子の付いている動画が読み込みが出来ません。
    読み込みや変換するのに他のソフトを使用してその場をしのいでいます。無料ソフトでしたら良いのですが、ユーザーは料金を支払っているので、古い拡張子ですが、読み込み及び変換出来る様にお願いしたいです。

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Scrubbing Audio upon import

Is there a way to hear the music track before importing the track in Premiere Pro for the Import option? Maybe a way to scrub the audio track upon importing it in fully.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Copy and Paste screenshots into the timeline without having to save them as images first

PPro needs to let you paste screenshots captured with Windows Snip or equivalent, directly into the timeline without having to save them as an image first and then having to import them into assets.

When making YouTube tutorials, it is extremely time consuming and not necessary to go through the whole save/import ritual.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Import Function Different?

It may be me, but when I use the import function tab, it is slow and very frustrating. It is much quicker to double click in the project panel and use the windows dialog box. Also, the Adobe import function drops the clips on the timeline/sequence. Should be in the project dialog box so they can be edited before placing on the timeline.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. BUG REPORT - IMPORT ERRORS FILMIC PRO SUBSTITUTION RECURSION

The HEVC files generated by Filmic Pro capture at 30fps, 4k 2160P, FILMic Extreme, 10-bit LogV3 [shutter locked to 60Hz or Auto] when imported to Adobe Premiere Pro Version 15.2.0 Build 35 are generating thousands of "error reading frame *** @ xx:xx" substitution/recursion events on import and when either playing back the source clip itself or when embedding it in a sequence and playing that... Using Adobe Media Encoder to transcode the original Filmic Pro output into Apple ProRes 422HQ renders editable/usable files and is an acceptable workaround in the short term but obviously far less than ideal. I've searched…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. imported mp3 file with variable bitrate shows no waveform

when importing mp3 file with variable bitrate, PProCC20 v14.9 shows no waveform in the timeline. I have to transcode it to mp3 with constant bitrate to get the waveform in the timeline.
    Can you please eliminate this bug???
    I tried to upload my mp3 clip, but it was refused from uploading

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Make importing videos possible.

I just downloaded the trial version and want to use adobe products to make content for my business and students. Problem is I cannot import any videos taken with my nikon DSLR, GoPro or Apeman cameras. Only audio....

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. added ogg support

add ogg support so i don't have to convert them to mp3

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Detecting wrong framerate and sequence timecode drifting in version 14.8 & 14.9

For years, I've had issues with the sequence timecode matching up with the burn-in timecode of my videos. It's gotten worse in version 14.8 and 14.9.

When I would load in a H.264 mp4 or mov files and create a new sequence from clip, the sequence timecode would always be 1 frame off. I have been transcoding it to ProRes 422 (in Premiere) and creating a new sequence from that clip --and then timecodes would match.

But in 14.8 and 14.9, it's much worse and the timecodes are way off. I have gone back and forth with 14.7 and can…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base