Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Auto import / Dynamic folder link

Please make it so that we can link between a file on the computer and premiere so that a clip or media will auto import from local storage. This woul dbe a huge improvement

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Is there a version of cinemaDNG importer for CS6 ?

Just a question. Is there a version of cinemaDNG importer for CS6 ? If not, why not ? Thanks

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Place ingested footage alongside the original

Add new proxy destination option for Ingest Settings to place footage alongside the original.

When creating proxy files (using the right click -> proxies -> create proxies) there's the option to place the proxy files in a folder called "proxies" within the same folder as the original media. However, this is not an option for the ingest settings, meaning that there is an extra step when importing footage and creating proxies.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Ingest option to only transcode video files

Maybe I don't know this is already possible; if it is, please tell me how, if it isn't: It bothers me tremendously that when using the transcode option in the Media Browser's ingest menu, all audio files I add to my project will be needlessly transcoded. This doesn't happen with the proxy option, why would it when transcoding? Whatever codec I select is for video clips, not audio.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Importing New Files Into a Bin that is Already Imported

I'd love it if there were a keyboard shortcut to update my imported folders to add media that is now in the folders that wasn't previously in there during the previous import.

I oftentimes add files into a project and have a file structure implemented physically on my computer. I start a project and do an initial import with the media that I currently have (which includes the all important file structure) As I continue the project, I need a pieces of media here and there, so I create it and save it on my computer in the folder that…

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. BUG: Importing folder structures from Finder (macOS) fails to create matching bins

I've been given a drive with a Footage folder, within which are six subfolders for each shoot day. Each folder contains Sony F7 footage from one or more cards, but the folders are not set up identically. Some have the data as expected, some have that nested within an XDROOT folder, and others have multiple cards, within which are the XDROOT folders. But at the bottom level, each folder structure is identical. However, when I either Import or drag and drop the Footage folder into Premiere, all the footage is lumped into one Footage folder, but one folder 'Day 4'…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Bug: Premiere confuses my loaded media

This is the first time I am experiencing this with premiere (I work on Mac and I have installed all the latest updates of Premiere Pro CC2019):

Let's say I want to make a video out of 10 images. I import the images create my sequence, finish with my editing -with everything working fine- and I save my project and close premiere. Without any change to my initial 10 images, I reopen the premiere project and I see everything the way I left it (no red lines, warnings etc) BUT the initial 10 images (although I don't get the message…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. bug report - .mts files importing without audio

I'm running premiere pro ver 13.1.1 and this annoying bug still exists - when importing .mts files the audio is not imported at all.
    Please fix this. It's an issue since premiere pro 2018.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Auto-Import Watch Folder

I would love to see an optional function that would act like a watch folder for importing assets and folders (as bins). The way I see it working would be: a user designates a folder in drive storage, and as folders and assets are added to that folder, they are automatically added to the project, with the same folder/bin structure. This would save a ton of organizational time.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. hevc problem seek

I have a problem with the hevc source format. it often happens that the video displays frames from a completely different part of the video.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. BUG: Default media scaling: blur and quality loss with stills / pictures

I realized when you import a still / picture to your timeline and you have the option of media scaling activated automatically thinks the resolution of your sequence is the same as your photo and If you scale is blurry, pixeled without quality.

In case someone has the same issue, I fixed disabling the option in preferences - media - default media scaling - NONE

I hope this bug should be fixed soon

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. import from lightroom

Add the ability to import from a Lightroom Katalogue.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 不具合です。Premiere Pro。バージョン12.1.2(ビルド69)にアップグレードしてから起きる不具合。クリップをインポートすると、それまでタイムラインでクリップにつけていたらラベルがリセットされるようになった。

不具合です。Premiere Pro。バージョン12.1.2(ビルド69)にアップグレードしてから起きる不具合。クリップをインポートすると、それまでタイムラインでクリップにつけていたらラベルがリセットされるようになった。

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. captions

When importing captions via an .srt file, the dimensions are incorrectly swapped by Premiere. (For example, I export a .srt file from another application at 3840x2160 pixels, but it imports into premiere as 2160x3840px and has to be manually interpreted in order to be corrected

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Retain selection on a targeted bin (in project window, bin tree) after Media Browser import completes

In the current version of Premiere Pro (13.1), if I initiate an import of media via the Media Browser window to a targeted bin in the project window's bin tree (in list view)… after the import completes, the selection on the targeted bin is removed. It should stay targeted.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Premier Crash

Premier 12.1.2 crashes when importing 4K footage from FS7 footage that has been re-wrapped (ingested) via FCPX. only the audio imports. The HD footage on the same card re-wrapped imports fine. The original 4k MXF files import ok.

cheers angus

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. After Effects Editable Text changing font from original file

When I import a composition to Premiere by Dynamic Link, and I try to edit original text by the "After Effects Editable Text" option, an issue change the font type to Times New Roman, no matter which one I'm using at the original AE file.

This is frustrating, because this function makes me optimize my time with default lower thirds that I've already created at AE, so I just change the text in Premiere and don't need to do anything on AE. Works fine on previously versions of Premiere.

Please, remove this bug!

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Please add an option to sort files by date of shoot in the project window

I want to drag my files into my timeline in a chronological order, and that is only possible, if I can sort it like that in the project window.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Folder that is updated based on contents as they are added.

Allow me to add a folder to my project, say Music for example. On my computer I have a folder called music, I import folder into premiere. I now go and edit my project and then decide to download some temp music tracks. I save these music tracks in the folder called Music on my PC and anytime a new file is added to said folder via the finder/explorer of the computer it will update inside of premiere with the new file already imported.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Bin 're-sync' or 'live folders' to reflect file structure chances / additions made on the HDD

Would be incredibly useful to have 'Live folders' or have an option (on right-click or similar) to be able to 're-sync' a Bin of footage so it reflects any additions or structure changes made in the folders structure locally on the HDD.

Much the same as Lightroom's 'Synchronize folder' or 'Update folder location' option within the Library module.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Please do not use your Adobe ID and password.

Feedback and Knowledge Base