Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. when creating proxy files from ProRes HQ files from a BlackMagic camera, there are numerous .aac (audio) files in the output folder

using the latest version with Windows 10, when creating proxy files from ProRes HQ files from a BlackMagic camera, there are numerous .aac (audio) files in the output folder along with the proxy files create. why are these .aac files present? of 39 proxies created, there are 8 .aac files and 1 .mdv file mixed in. here is one of the file names: A01006111440C006Proxy.2192.13616.aac. here is the proxy file created: A01006111440C006Proxy.mp4. are these temporary files that aren't being deleted at the end of the proxy creation process?

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. xml duplicate

Still having a duplicate media issue when importing XML file, despite the "allowing duplicates" option unticked. I'm on Premiere 14.4.0. I believe its a long standing issue, from reading online requests.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. BUG drop to timeline

If I want to drop an imported PNG sequence from Mediabrowser on the timeline, it sometimes just doesn´t accept to drop it and shows a crossed out icon, other times it works again. No clue why. Can you help?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. DV capture in Premiere Pro 2020 crashes under High Sierra

Running Premiere Pro 2020 (14.3.2) with High Sierra (10.13.6) and connecting to a Panasonic miniDV camcorder (PV-DV851D) via DV to Firewire 800 cable. Able to launch the capture window, but will show as device unavailable. Clicking settings in capture results in a crash every time. Downgrading to Premiere Pro 2019 (13.1.5) allows full use of capture with device control.

System is a late 2009 27" iMac, 2.8 GHz i7, 20G RAM, ATI Radeon HD 4850 with 512MB, 2TB HD 7200 RPM with 1.93 free

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. BUG-Create Proxies doesn't work with MXF files

Create Proxies (from project menu or Ingest) doesn't work with MXF files. (sony FX-9) It launches Media Encoder but no files are brought in. Seems to work with old .mov files from an old Sony F3.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. gopro hevc support

Please allow us to import h.265 or HEVC coded videos from gopro cameras. Currently, it only imports audio and it's very frustrating given that the latest update was supposed to address this.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Import files in background

HI! We need to get the Import files window out of the way - you can't do anything while files are importing.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Import Adobe Premiere Elements project in Premiere Pro

Please make importing Premiere Elements project in Premiere Pro an available feature for Mac OS user. It only works for Windows user at the moment.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Ability to choose "Same as Project" for destination when ingesting media

It would be great to have ability to choose "Same as Project" for destination when ingesting media. Premiere Pro could make a new folder named "Ingested Media" and then transfer (copy or transcode) all ingested media to that folder.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 1D X Mark III and 4:2:2 and Premiere Pro

Premiere appears to be misreading the BT.709 files that the 1D X Mark III produces for 4K video. The camera produces video with 4:2:2 chroma subsampling.

Premiere shows the properties of one these files as:

Type: MPEG Movie File Size: 2.40 GB Image Size: 3840 x 2160 Frame Rate: 29.97 Source Audio Format: 48000 Hz - Compressed - Stereo Project Audio Format: 48000 Hz - 32 bit floating point - Stereo Total Duration: 00;00;43;29 Pixel Aspect Ratio: 1.0 Alpha: None Video Codec Type: HEVC 10 bit 4:2:0 (Full Range)

Note that the chroma subsampling is listed as 4:2:0.

The camera…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Bug

Different files when open in explorer but premiere just made every file the same. Rendered files still the same. What is happening?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Relink Doesn't work when effects reference external media.

Produces File Import Error when an effect (like "image matte key")
    references files that are offline. The offline files can be imported in the project just fine, but can't be relinked. The feature is broken.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Live updating folders within the project

It would be amazing to drop a folder into premiere and whenever its updated in finder (or windows equivalent), the folder gets updated in the premiere project aswell. Eg. I drop a folder into premiere with 5 videos in. I then upload more videos to the original folder in finder, and those videos automatically get put into the premiere project too.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. UVC Capture

Allow capture via UVC format connected devices.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. BUG: Premiere Pro 2019 "Unresponsive" During Imports

I stopped editing for several months and recently came back to it. What I noticed is that Pr seems to have some issues importing the same types of footage that it previous had no issues with: 4K/60 h.264 files that are 5-6GB in size. Previously, Pr would just import them in with no issue. Now, Pr seems to lock up during the import, and again when I try to put that footage on the timeline for the first time.

During this "lock up", one CPU core from my 7900X is pushed right to 100%. The rest of them are at…

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. In the media browser the creation date of jpg images is shifted two hours forward.

Media browser: creation date of jpg (heic etc) images is shifted two hours forward.

Video files are sorted fine.

So it means, it is not possible to sort jpg images and video files together. It does not make sense. I'm talking about 5000 files that should be sorted correctly according to the timeline.

The only solution is to number the files according to the timeline in third party programm and then sort the files by name (numbers) in the media browser.

Now (2020-09-11) I have here central european summer time.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. STOP DUPLICATE MEDIA FROM BEING IMPORTED

This has not been fixed even though Adobe has claimed to fix this.

I have the media in one master project. My assistant has a their shared project. I open a small sequence from that project and drag the media from it it into my main project. EVEN THOUGH I ALREADY HAVE ALL THE MEDIA, I STILL GET DUPLICATED MEDIA. And on top of that it creates a separate folder for each small clip of footage. Take a look at the attached screenshot.

This is horrible. Fix this asap please. What's the point of shared projects if we can't move…

434 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

44 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Premiere pro 14.0.1 media browser refresh bug

3 different workstations in a Facilis shared storage environment, upon upgrading the machines to 14.0.1, the media brower refreshes every 3 - 4 seconds making it very difficult to import media. An open project itself is stable and shows no signs of issues. Only accessing the shared storage thru the media browser. Low drive no problem. These are all Macs (iMac Pro and 2 2013 trashcans - fully loaded with ram) OS 10.14.6, Facilis 7.12. Downgrading Premiere to 14.0.0 and the problem disappears.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Allow to import folder with only one item

When we import a folder hierarchy only the folders with more than 1 item remain. Any folders with only one item in it, the file will be imported but the folder does not remain.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Premiere 14.3 freezes sometimes when importing files

Sometimes when I import files into Premiere it freezes up, is not functional, and doesn't give me the crash window. So when I close it I have to go into task manager and click End Task to exit

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base