Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. MOV Files once again import with only audio

Using PP 14.5 and Catalina 10.15.7 19H2 (All the most current versions) - Premiere has reverted back to only allowing the import of one MOV file recorded from an iPhone into a sequence. The video portion is no longer imported.

This worked a short while ago and now doesn't work anymore. I have cleared all media cache, restarted ensured all programs are updated. The first MOV file imports properly, but the second one does not.

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with: Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Sigma fp Cinema DNG native editing possibility

need sigma fp cinemadng files to be able to import natively in premiere pro and can be editable as its same like Blackmagic CDng files can be done.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Import .mov files with multiple pcm audio tracks

It seems like there is a bug in Premiere Pro regarding .mov files with h.264 video and multiple pcm audio tracks.

If I make a video with a h.264 video track and three pcm audio tracks (https://shared-assets.adobe.com/link/0059d80c-6cde-4a0d-6c28-3d2573c6bf38), Premiere can import the file fine, but it will only use one audio track.

If I make a .mov file with h.264 video and three AAC audio tracks (https://shared-assets.adobe.com/link/8442d229-2cd2-4c2f-5a1a-0058493c2150), Premiere will import the file fine and see all available audio tracks.

It seems strange to me to make Premiere able to read a h.264 video with multiple AAC audio…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Import captions from Premiere Pro to After Effects using dynamic link

Doing captions inside Premiere Pro is super easy, and sometimes you need to import the composition inside AE to add some last retouches to it. It would be amazing to be able to import the captions from PrP to AE effortlessly!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Converting project from CS6 getting invalid font family warning - make it so you can choose an alternative, not just default to courier

I've opened a CS6 project in Creative Suite and all is working fine apart from all the caption cards which can't recognise the font.

There are loads and I don't really want to have to go to each one to select a new font, so it would be good if when you get the 'Invalid Font Family' warning you get the option to choose the alternative. Courier is a much wider font than the one I had before, so now most of the captions run off the screen and I have no choice but to change each one manually.

You've…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Bug: When importing folders with videos in them

When importing 60 folders with subfolders of screenshots everything works! But if I import a folder with 60 subfolders with videos in them it misses a bunch of folders and puts the missed videos in the main folder?

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. in premiere 2020, I can't upload the blackmagic raw files.

I have to do it thru premiere 2019 and reopen the project in 2020... there is no sense at all.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Provide a screen recording solution for CC customers

Hi community,
    it was kind of shocking to me when I learned, that the full CC subscription does not include any software for doing screen recording. I find that so fundamental for a subscription which is made for video producers, that I am trying this way now to make Adobe aware omit and maybe one day having a feature request for a simple utility shipping with CC helping Premiere users to stay in CC universe when needing screen recording as a source for their projects...

So if you are feeling with me, regardless if you already use something else, can…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. gopro hevc support

Please allow us to import h.265 or HEVC coded videos from gopro cameras. Currently, it only imports audio and it's very frustrating given that the latest update was supposed to address this.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Swf import

Premiere had swf import for a brief period. Can we bring that feature back? Premiere is a story telling tool with powerful transitions, audio layer, music and effects. While Animate cc is great animation tool. Earlier we could quickly bring swf into premiere without going via AE or heavy file renders.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Properly import long RED files without duplicate clips.

Current Behavior: Whenever you import a long R3D file Premiere automatically groups the smaller "spanned" clips into a larger clip. If you import the clip via the media browser it works fine because the media browser will hide all but the first clip in a sequence. But if you try to import multiple folders(multiple cards, or days of footage.) Premiere will still group the clips, but it creates a full length master clip for each of the parts the the file was split into causing tons of duplicate clips.

The only work around is to manually recreate your folder structure…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Premiere Connecting to the Wrong Media

The problem we're running into was brought up by someone else in the forums back in 2017:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/Premiere-Pro/Why-is-Premiere-linking-the-wrong-clip/m-p/10646862#M229918

In our environment, we edit off of our server, and have done so for a long time now, without issue. All systems used to be Macs, but we've started introducing some PC systems into the mix, and now we're starting to run into complications.

This particular complication is around Premiere relinking to the incorrect media when switching between system OS.

1) Create a project in OS A (could be Mac or Windows), and then edit something.
    2) Replace an asset in the…

24 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. ownCloud-Folder not Available in Premiere's own File Browser.

I'm using ownCloud to sync project files between multiple computers. But on every computer Premiere does not show the ownCloud folder in the built-in file browser. If I import via Windows Explorer, there is no problem at all and all files and folders are there. In most cases that is no problem as I can use Windows Explorer as a workaround, but when Premiere can't find footage, I have to use the built-in browser to show Premiere where the files are. But I can't navigate there because the ownCloud folder doesn't show up. If I enter the path into the…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. add a pop up warning when trying to import a file that is on the cloud.

Right now it will crash with no explanation. I wasted hours trying to figure out why this was. I finally figured out the file was on the cloud and wasn't previously downloaded. It tried to import each time, then I had to force quit. Simple yet easy mistake to make, I think this will be helpful for others.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Fix a bug on Media Browser

Fix a bug that stops the Media Browser from update the contents of a directory when an unsupported file type is inside the directory. The refresh stops and the subfolders and files are not visible to the Media Browser. Although importing files is still possible by drag and drop, the subdirectories and files are not visible for ingest or import from Media Browser even if the file types in those directories are supported.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. UVC Capture

Allow capture via UVC format connected devices.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Drag and Drop

most recent version Drag and Drop is not working... I used to be able to import by just dragging over the assets panel - But it won't let me do that any more. I have to "import" properly... is there a setting I need to turn on?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. No puedo arrastar videos a mi proyecto

Creo mi proyecto, y como tal me gusta ser organizado creando carpetas. Pero ya no puedo arrastrar la cantidad de videos que necesito en cada carpeta creada. No me permite tomarlos y re ubicarlos. Esto hace que me tarde más organizar mis elementos.
    Si abro un carpeta e importo todo queda por fuera de la carpeta.
    Esta actualización está muy pero muy mala.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. FIX SHADOW/HIGHLIGHT EFFECT FLICKERING PROBLEM OR LEGAL ACTION WILL BE TAKEN FOR LOST TIME AND RESOURCES.

FIX SHADOW/HIGHLIGHT EFFECT FLICKERING PROBLEM IN PREMIERE PRO OR LEGAL ACTION WILL BE TAKEN FOR LOST TIME AND RESOURCES DURING PRODUCTION. THIS HAS BEEN AN ISSUE FOR THE ENTIRE LIFE OF THIS PRODUCT. DO YOU REALIZE WHY WE ARE LEAVING ADOBE IN DROVES? BECAUSE YOUR SOFTWARE IS HAS THE STABILITY OF A DECK OF CARDS. THINK I AM OVERREACTING? SEE THIS FORUM THAT HAS BEEN OPEN FOR 10 YEARS ABOUT THIS VERY ISSUE!! https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/shadow-highlight-flickering/td-p/3118612

10 YEARS OF OUR LIVES THAT YOU HAVE REFUSED TO FIX A SIMPLE PROBLEM WITH YOUR SOFTWARE! FIX IT NOW.
    I AM RUNNING CC 2020

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base