Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. MP4 importing Audio Only (tried every workaround - none work)

I imported 60 mp4 files into a project, 15 of which were audio only. I tried every workaround I could find on the following pages:
    https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2486467
    https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2477123
    https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/premiere-pro/kb/premiere-pro-imports-audio-only.html

I was using version 12.1.1 and have tried installing every version back to CC 2017 and have tried importing .mp4 and with the extension changed to .m4v, with the Mercury Playback Engine in both CUDA and software only, each time deleting all the media cache files between restarting the software.

I have been unable to transcode the files using Media Encoder as it too doesn't recognise the video and shows up as…

3 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. problem

Hi .. i have a problem with premiere pro >> when i press confirm .. This happens

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Importing from another project takes a very long time (on Mac)

On the latest Mac version of PPro 12.1.2 (build 69), importing sequences or projects either using the media browser or by copy/pasting sequences from a project to another takes a very long time. The beachball appears like the program is not responding, it takes from 1 up to 5 minutes to finally finish the import. It was not the case using the 2015.2 version of PPro. It is very annoying and a waste of time when having to import multiple sequences from other projects.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Preserve PSD group folder structure when importing

Preserve group folder structure when importing Photoshop PSDs into Premiere and After-Effects

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. set frame rate for indefinite media in the project.

As an example when importing image sequences.
    At the moment, this setting can only be made globally.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Local file library

PLease make the ability to create LOCAL libraries that work in the library panel. Currently it is impossible to add video files to the cc library or other large files. It would be of immense value to be able to add video overlay files to the library for quick access. Files that one overlays over other videos such as rotating icons or such that can't be made from static files.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 12.1.2 Importing 60fps (not 60i) imports incorrectly... sometimes.

In 12.1.2, my minecraft 60fps (not 60i) videos are importing with some as 60.00 fps and some as 59.xx fps. This causes some clips to have 60 frames, and some revert to 30 frames. Verified recording software and clips are all 60fps. Reverted to 12.1.1 and everything imports fine and correct.

I will attempt to make a video and post on youtube that shows exactly what I mean.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Bug: Thumbnail View in Media Browser refreshes continuously when "Write XMP ID to files on import" is on.

When the Write XMP ID preference is on, if I browser via the media browser with thumbnails, the thumbnails constantly refresh and reset to the top. It happens on both Mac and PC.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. When copying a clip from project to another, ask where put media

I work for an in-house agency so many projects include reusing footage from previous projects. Having multiple projects open to hunt for footage is really helpful, however, when I find a great clip from a sequence is project B,C, or D and copy it into a sequence from project A, upon import it duplicates the whole folder structure that clip was in. I organize all my projects mostly the same way so I get a new "Video Media" folder for every clip I import from another project. It would be REALLY helpful from a project organization standpoint if I had…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Import window/ dialogue upgrade

When importing xmls or premiere projects, the import window sometimes remains stalled as if Premiere pro crashed. Many times we force quit imports, when we just should have waited 5-10mins. It would help to get a working import bar which indicates that Premiere pro is currently working and has not crashed during import. And also an indicator what it is importing and how long it'll take.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Import photos in secuence

I have a database of photos, i obtain from query the list of photos in order needed apear in video, only in Premier Pro for windows appear text-box for search file, if you select mani photos in box appear the name of photos in middle ", i enter from paste the lis in format "file01" file02" "file03"... obtain a syntax error. Have any method for import the files in the list automaticali?

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. A more User Satisfying Clip Drag-and-Drop experience

This is totally a nit-picky thing, but i'd be nice that when dragging & dropping a clip into a specific folder within the project pane, the folder gets highlighted to give the user the confidence it went to the right folder. Currently, when you drag and drop clips into a folder, the UI doesn't provide a satisfying visual cue that one dropped a clip into a specific folder. This is would be helpful when you have highly detailed & complex folder structure that you want to maintain organized. Sometimes I import clips thinking they went one place but they went…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Implement an easy way to import shorcuts from another computer (win/mac)

Theres just no import shortcuts button. There should be one.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Macros with keyboard shortcuts for the Media Browser

Very often, I need to import the clips in a folder on my drive, create a bin for them, create a sequence for them, and add them to the timeline before I start my rough cut and stringouts.

Macros would be very helpful, so I could just select a bin in Media Browser and hit different keyboard shortcuts to do the following things automatically:

Import, make bin
    Import, make bin, create timeline
    Import, make bin, create timeline, add clips to timeline

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Video turned into audio files in Premiere Pro CC 2018 upgrade

Half my video files went offline. Turned the .Mov files into audio clips.
    This started when I hit Window-Extensions-Assets (I was searching for pluraleyes)
    I upgraded to 2018 and re-imported. No luck. Video files imported as audio.
    I converted the files to Mp4s. No luck.
    I changed root file name and re-imported. Half worked.
    I changed root file name of the other half. Half worked.
    I changed root file name of the other other. The rest worked.

Note: My MTS files shot on Canon were not affected. Just the footage shot on the Nikon.

I understand there is a hack…

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base