Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Bug: Thumbnail View in Media Browser refreshes continuously when "Write XMP ID to files on import" is on.

When the Write XMP ID preference is on, if I browser via the media browser with thumbnails, the thumbnails constantly refresh and reset to the top. It happens on both Mac and PC.

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 12.1.0 does not import or link to MOV files.

Since installing the latest version 12.1.0 of PP 2018, importing MOV files has become an issue. This has serious implications for my professional work. PLEASE fix it! Thanks.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. When copying a clip from project to another, ask where put media

I work for an in-house agency so many projects include reusing footage from previous projects. Having multiple projects open to hunt for footage is really helpful, however, when I find a great clip from a sequence is project B,C, or D and copy it into a sequence from project A, upon import it duplicates the whole folder structure that clip was in. I organize all my projects mostly the same way so I get a new "Video Media" folder for every clip I import from another project. It would be REALLY helpful from a project organization standpoint if I had…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Import window/ dialogue upgrade

When importing xmls or premiere projects, the import window sometimes remains stalled as if Premiere pro crashed. Many times we force quit imports, when we just should have waited 5-10mins. It would help to get a working import bar which indicates that Premiere pro is currently working and has not crashed during import. And also an indicator what it is importing and how long it'll take.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Import photos in secuence

I have a database of photos, i obtain from query the list of photos in order needed apear in video, only in Premier Pro for windows appear text-box for search file, if you select mani photos in box appear the name of photos in middle ", i enter from paste the lis in format "file01" file02" "file03"... obtain a syntax error. Have any method for import the files in the list automaticali?

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. A more User Satisfying Clip Drag-and-Drop experience

This is totally a nit-picky thing, but i'd be nice that when dragging & dropping a clip into a specific folder within the project pane, the folder gets highlighted to give the user the confidence it went to the right folder. Currently, when you drag and drop clips into a folder, the UI doesn't provide a satisfying visual cue that one dropped a clip into a specific folder. This is would be helpful when you have highly detailed & complex folder structure that you want to maintain organized. Sometimes I import clips thinking they went one place but they went…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Implement an easy way to import shorcuts from another computer (win/mac)

Theres just no import shortcuts button. There should be one.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Macros with keyboard shortcuts for the Media Browser

Very often, I need to import the clips in a folder on my drive, create a bin for them, create a sequence for them, and add them to the timeline before I start my rough cut and stringouts.

Macros would be very helpful, so I could just select a bin in Media Browser and hit different keyboard shortcuts to do the following things automatically:

Import, make bin
    Import, make bin, create timeline
    Import, make bin, create timeline, add clips to timeline

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. cant import videos uploading only sound

importing only audio files and not the image. when i try to play to video, its black but i could hear only the sound and not see the image of my rush...so

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Video turned into audio files in Premiere Pro CC 2018 upgrade

Half my video files went offline. Turned the .Mov files into audio clips.
    This started when I hit Window-Extensions-Assets (I was searching for pluraleyes)
    I upgraded to 2018 and re-imported. No luck. Video files imported as audio.
    I converted the files to Mp4s. No luck.
    I changed root file name and re-imported. Half worked.
    I changed root file name of the other half. Half worked.
    I changed root file name of the other other. The rest worked.

Note: My MTS files shot on Canon were not affected. Just the footage shot on the Nikon.

I understand there is a hack…

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Fixing .mp3 importing issues, it is a very popular format

it is not working well... Please fix it.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Importing assets with the Effects tab is selected

When an asset is dragged into the Premiere project, Premiere should make the Project tab active automatically, even if the Effects tab or other panel is selected.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Proprietary import media browser improvements

The proprietary import media browser needs to sort numbers correctly. Currently 10 and 1 is sorted in sequence, for example. In addition, one should be able to edit the path string to jump to locations instead of being forced to have to navigate to it manually. Suggest looking at how the standard Windows file browser is implemented and copy how it behaves.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. P2 File names kept on import

This has been a bug since 2016 I think. The P2 camera I use has custom names for each clip. Nothing outlandish, just the camera operator's name and successive numbers. When importing via the "import" checkbox in Media Browser (the operation that launches AME and copies the contents of my card to the drive I want to use) the filenames get changed back to the Panasonic random clip name.MXF. Would be fantastic if you could address this bug. My workaround if I want to keep the names is to copy the Camera contents via Windows to the folder I want,…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Designate a folder to import to

When importing anything through the media browser, media/assets always go to the last folder that you had active. I want to be able to designate a folder that everything gets imported to (it was called "Set Logging Bin" in FCP 7).

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Proxies from subclips sent from Prelude

When Create Proxies on Ingest is selected this should also apply to media sent from Prelude. When I'm marking up 4k and 6k footage in Prelude (the unsung hero of Creative Cloud!) I like to send them to Premiere as I finish a card or a camera set-up. Sure would be nice if the conversion to proxies could start when I do that so the media would be that much more ready when I get into the edit.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. File import issue

File import issue with 4k VR and large mp4 files in 12.1.1 while they import fine in After effects 15.0.1 and Premiere 12.0.1 respectively.
    Importing them on 12.1.1 either gives generic import error or causes certain to import only as audio.

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base