Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. screen capture

screen capture

6 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Trying to import a .psd file after doing an update. I keep getting a generic error.

Updated Adobe Premier Pro from Creative Cloud. Opened a current project. Tried importing a .psd file and keep getting a generic error. I tried changing the name of the file to not include an underscore as I read there was an issue with that a while back. I have moved the file to a different drive still no luck. I have closed and re-opened Premier, still no luck. "Generic error" doesn't help correct anything! Need help!!!

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Support “.fcpxml timeline import” as soon as possible

My team is using both of premiere and Final Cut Pro X.
    My team is using both of premiere and Final Cut Pro X.
    So we need to share project file between both of them.
    To say frank, we cannot spend money to buy 3rd party app that makes the function enable.

We hope you Adobe team will make it.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Bug - Gamma/Color shift on imported exr files

Everytime I import a .EXR sequence or .EXR file and load it in the viewer and program monitor, the image seems washed out.

When I load the same file(s) in After Effect and Photoshop the image looks good.

The only temp fix that I found in Premiere so far, it's to use a Gamma Correction FX (value 12 or 13).

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Please reinstate Import Batch List function

I use(d) this function regularly for work and now that it's gone it has added significantly to my workload.

Please reinstate Import Batch List!

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Bug: Premiere Pro hangs on clicking "Import" in bin context menu

Whenever I right-click on or inside a bin and select "Import", Premiere Pro immediately hangs. It seems to work fine if I go to Explorer and drag files into Premiere.

Version: Premiere Pro 12.1.2
    System: Core i5-6200U, 16GB RAM, Intel HD Graphics 520

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Why does Premiere crash as soon as I go to preview a clip?

Adobe Premiere crashes every time I go to preview a clip. I can't figure our what the solution is to this issue but it makes the program almost impossible to use. Any thoughts?

My computer is a Mac OS High Sierra Version 10.13.4, 4.2GHz Intel Core i7, 26 GB 2400 MHz DDR4, Graphics - Radeon Pro 580 8192 MB.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Relink and rename to proper file

When you're relinking to a file with the same filename but different extension (.mov to .R3D), give Premiere the ability to rename the clip to match the filename

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Import selected sequences not working

Recently I have been unable to import selected sequences from other Premiere Pro projects. I go through all of the steps, press "OK", but nothing happens.

The work around is opening said project and then just copying and pasting the desired sequence, but this means that I get tons of duplicate media. Please fix this!

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. import edl

Hi there,

I am looking for a way to tell Premiere to link to the media already in the project when importing an edl.
    Currently, when I import an edl in Premiere, it creates a folder with the media offline and the sequence so I have to relink the media. In most cases I already have the media I need in the project so it would be great to have a way to link the media in the sequence to existing media so to avoid duplicates in the project and waste time relinking.

Thanks

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. cant import videos uploading only sound

importing only audio files and not the image. when i try to play to video, its black but i could hear only the sound and not see the image of my rush...so

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Dropbox Smart Sync and File Location/Linking

At our studio, we use Dropbox to store smaller files such as audio and stock video. With Dropbox's new Smart Sync feature, all of the files are listed by name in a folder's Finder window, even if they are not synced locally. This can cause an issue when another editor is opening the file on a different system that does not have all of the media synced locally, and Premiere will freeze during the "Locating Media" step of opening a project.

For example, if an editor has downloaded ten different stock video clips but uses only one in the final…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow ingest after clips are in the project

I'd like a simple option for clips already in the project to copy or transcode them into a specified location and relink to the new media.

Sometimes I need an easy way to gather a bunch of clips into one folder, sometimes I want to audition some footage from an external drive or card before deciding if it's worth copying in.

This is sort of possible using the project manager, but that's a very clunky process that involves resaving the project and it affects everything, not just certain files.

I'd like to be able to just select some clips and…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Capturing HDV tapes produces .ac3 clips instead of .mov (as it does with DV tapes)

1. Capturing HDV tapes produces .ac3 clips instead of .mov (as it does with DV tapes)

2. Clip numbering is useless: If I start e.g. with "Name-001" the next captured clip will not be "Name-002" but is instead "Name-001 01"!

3. Removing e.g. the sharpening filter from the TL does not work

and so on. Grate Update!

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Crashing on double clicking in Project window

Can we fix this? After the recent windows update the import doesnt work well and the playback was very buggy (media offline) was a major disaster!

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. import ImageSeq button grey with

Under import footage the Image sequence check box is grey when trying to import DPX files in Premiere Pro v. 12.1.0 (build 186) but works in version 12.0.0 (build 224)

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Default audio channels - based on filetype

Import audio channels based on the filetype. For example, mxf's can be set to import as mono, but mp4's to stereo. Or wav's as mono and mp3 as stereo, etc.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Importing of Video from DJI Phantom 4 Pro Plus Obsidean to Adobe Premier Pro

Currently not able to import any video taken from the DJI Phantom 4 Pro Plus Obsidean message come us saying corrupted and unsupported file even though I am using brand new high speed SD Cards. The technical support guy who is being very helpful showed me me a way to do a walk through by downloading Handbrake. This solution was taking to long to download one file, if I had multiple files to download it would take forever. Adobe and DJI need to sort this matter out and put a notice out there informing people of this matter

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Bug: Premiere Pro 13.0.1 Import and Conforming issues

13.0.1 reports ENDLESS "unspecified errors" when importing or conforming files that don't have any issues once they are in the system.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. "We were unable to open the file on disk" - Premiere can't read perfectly good H.264 files

I frequently capture screen grabs with Screenshot (Apple's for Grab; it comes with Mac OS). Everything but Premiere reads them just fine. If you try to import the attached file, Premiere complains and fails.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base