Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Designate a folder to import to

When importing anything through the media browser, media/assets always go to the last folder that you had active. I want to be able to designate a folder that everything gets imported to (it was called "Set Logging Bin" in FCP 7).

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Crashing on double clicking in Project window

Can we fix this? After the recent windows update the import doesnt work well and the playback was very buggy (media offline) was a major disaster!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Proxies from subclips sent from Prelude

When Create Proxies on Ingest is selected this should also apply to media sent from Prelude. When I'm marking up 4k and 6k footage in Prelude (the unsung hero of Creative Cloud!) I like to send them to Premiere as I finish a card or a camera set-up. Sure would be nice if the conversion to proxies could start when I do that so the media would be that much more ready when I get into the edit.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. File import issue

File import issue with 4k VR and large mp4 files in 12.1.1 while they import fine in After effects 15.0.1 and Premiere 12.0.1 respectively.
    Importing them on 12.1.1 either gives generic import error or causes certain to import only as audio.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Clips randomly go offline in 12.1.1 and won't reconnect

The latest version of Premiere is causing random clips in my project to go offline, and when I try to relink them it won't connect to the original files, saying they don't contain video or something, and to relink will permanently delete the clips from the project. Major bug with no workaround, please fix!

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Keep drop location of drag-and-drop of shared project into project

When dragging-and-dropping a project into the project tree structure to be imported as a shared project, Premiere ignores the drop-location and just imports it wherever in the tree structure it wants instead of where it was dropped.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Attach multiple clips to their proxies simultaneously

Since I have pre-existing proxied media and don't need to ingest, it's imperative that I have the ability to connect the ALL the clips to their proxies. Right now you have to reconnect one-by-one. And I have a thousand clips.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Fix Premiere importing Arri ALE files...

When I import Arri ProRes footage through the media browser or through file > import in Premiere 2018 12.1, it imports the Arri ALE files but they come into premiere as offline files. It makes it very annoying to have an offline file next to every video clip in a bin.

This didn't happen in 2017 or even the old 2018 version.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add an option to automatically update a footage to his previous/next oldest/latest version

Working with Premiere on 3D animation shows and VFX, I receive everyday a lot of versions for each shots.

For example, a 11" show has 160 shots, and each shots has 3 to 5 different versions.

Right now I have to import each one by one, and when a new version available for all the shots I have to replace them one by one which is time consuming.

For now I used shotcuts to "Reveal in Explorer" and "Replace footage" to speed up my workflow. But if we can get a command in Premiere to automatically update all the selected…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Ingest on Import

Given that Ingest is checked everything that is imported will be ingested, so an Ingest checkbox, option on import is needed if we want to ingest or not.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Import window position fix

When importing a psd file, I hope the import window is fixed in one place.
    (https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2482138)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Switch AWAY from Premiere Pro

It's always something. For the third time in a month, Premiere Pro has prevented me from completing a project. The latest: importing a series of MOV files....one of them, from the same source and folder, key to the project, won't import and gives me the "This files has no audio or video streams" error message. It plays fine, just like the others. Tried all kinds of BS from the forums: installed QT. Installed OLD QT. Changed the name of the file. etc., etc. Premiere Pro simply Does. Not Work. In the past, on the phone for hours with someone in…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Media offline with 12.1.1

Converting projects to work with 12.1.1 knocked half of my media offline and relinking results in a "generic import error" that erases media from the project/all sequences that it's used in.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Using the newest version of PPro on Mac, there is an error when trying to folders of files. The MP4 files themselves import fine.

We have a folder that contains sub folders of different lens flares. The files themselves are MP4. Using the import command, drag and drop import and using the media browser to import the Parent folder causes an error and only some of the contained files, if any, to be imported. Importing the files themselves (not from a parent folder) works just fine. Seems to be a bug with the 2018 update. 2017 handled folders just fine.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Media browser: The ability to go up a level in the file hierarchy

I have been battling with the Media Browser recently, trying to find out how to simply go up a level in the file/folder hierarchy. Unbelievably, it seems that this most essential part of folder navigation is completely absent from Premiere. I honestly thought it must be user error, but, after much searching, this feature is evidently missing. Every other file browser since GUIs were invented has a way to go up a level - why is this fundamental feature missing from Premiere?

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Avid DNXHD 220x Codec will not work in 12.1.1

Avid DNXHD 220x Codec will not work in 12.1.1. Premiere and After Effects interprets the file as having audio only and the picture comes in offline. There is no way to reconnect to picture when you link the media. A lot of our older projects contain files with this particular codec so we have had to downgrade.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Please support for Mac! I represent a professional market that uses Livestream for our clients and we use the recording (motion jpeg - .avi)

Please support for Mac! I represent a professional market that uses Livestream for our clients and we use the recording (motion jpeg - .avi) to produced edited pieces above and beyond the stream for our clients. The .mp4s it produces are not viable as source material as they are limited to the stream settings and are overly compressed.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. i cant figure out why this is happening

so this is what happens when i try to edit. i'm really frustrated.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMfkgtq56pA&feature=youtu.be

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Premiere v12.1.1 (build10) Media offline BUG

The new update of Premiere v12.1.1 forced my media to go offline and when Relinking the media it deletes the clips with this message:

" the selected file does not contain video media used by clip references in one or more sequences, these video clip references will be deleted and cannot be undone.

help ASAP we can't continue our projects and deliver deadlines.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Importing of Video from DJI Phantom 4 Pro Plus Obsidean to Adobe Premier Pro

Currently not able to import any video taken from the DJI Phantom 4 Pro Plus Obsidean message come us saying corrupted and unsupported file even though I am using brand new high speed SD Cards. The technical support guy who is being very helpful showed me me a way to do a walk through by downloading Handbrake. This solution was taking to long to download one file, if I had multiple files to download it would take forever. Adobe and DJI need to sort this matter out and put a notice out there informing people of this matter

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Please do not use your Adobe ID and password.

Feedback and Knowledge Base