Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. After updating Premiere CC 2019, problem with video colors after import.

After upgrading from Premiere CC 2019, there is a problem with the video colors recorded by Drone DJI Spark shortly after its import.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Add Conforming Media List to the Events panel

When importing a lot of media to Premiere Pro I find it best to wait until the Conforming process is completed. Sometimes when clearing the media cache or moving a project from one machine to another requires the conformed files to be re conformed on the new machine. Keeping track of the process well help in knowing when to jump back into the project.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Add a command to automatically update a footage with different versions

Working with Premiere on 3D animation shows and VFX, I deal a lot of versions for each shots everyday.

For example, a 11" show has 160 shots, and each shots has 3 to 5 different versions.

Right now, I have to import each shot one by one. When a new version available, I have to replace them one by one which is time consuming.

I use shortcuts to "Reveal in Explorer" and "Replace footage" to speed up my workflow.
    But if we can get a command in Premiere to automatically update all the selected shots or just one to the…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Generating Peak Files: Show full name

Currently Premiere shows only partial file name for the item it's generating a peak file for (a certain number of characters, I'm sure). If we have the space (which for desktop computers, we do), let us see the full file name that is currently being generated. Sometimes the distinguishing factor in the name is at the end, and sometimes we can't see that.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Directly record video to timeline sequence

It would help streamline our workflow if we could record with a DSLR and have the video auto added to the timeline sequence. This can be done with audio already.

1. In-studio, the video could be auto-added via wi-fi or direct connection

2. On-location, the video could be auto-added via Dropbox, Google Drive, etc..

This way, our editors could work on the file now vs. waiting for us to get back to the studio (or wait for us to manually upload via Dropbox on-location), and in-studio, we could continue recording without the need to transfer files.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Premiere Doesn't recognize AIF files unless .aif is in the file name

Past versions (I believe pre-2017) of Premiere used to recognize .AIF files even if .AIF wasn't in the filename itself. Now, unless .aif is in the file name, it won't recognize it as a supported file type. For example, "BestHits.aif" will import but "BestHits" won't even though they are both AIF files.

To illustrate, I duplicated at the same file and added ".aif" to the file name. In the included photos, Figure1, you can see that "Best Growl.aif" imported while "Best Growl" did not even though they are the same file, only difference is the inclusion of .aif in the…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Symbolic links to QuickTime DV movies are not working correctly

There is an issue with Adobe Premiere import. Symbolic links to QuickTime DV movies are not working correctly.

The technological procedure in studio requires symbolic link usage on file servers.
    In most cases it works, but Adobe Premiere have an issue with symlinks to Quicktime DV movies.

Adobe Premiere 12.1.2 build 69 (latest), Windows 10.

How to reproduce:
    1. Choose a folder for test files. For example, c:\Video
    2. Put a correct QuickTime DV (PAL) movie file into it (you could render a color bar from Premiere, for example, or use any existing QuickTime DV movie). For example, use c:\Video\Test.mov …

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Support for external device usb 3.0 capture cards

Could you implement a support for external device usb 3.0 capture cards?

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Support for external device usb 3.0 capture cards

Could you implement a support for external device usb 3.0 capture cards?

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. find and replace metadata

I would like to be able to search for and replace name of clips and other metadata in the assembly pannel.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Loss of footage quality / Sharpness

After importing footage in premiere, it looses quality (specially loss of sharpness) and renders with same low quality, There is big noticeable difference in RAW footage and Final output. However if we use same footage in different editing software the difference is minimum.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Stop media browser window refreshing

When I navigate to a folder of digital assets prior to import, the contents of that folder refresh in the window as fast as twice a second. It's really fast. Messes up selcting and importing a treat. Please make it stop.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. フォルダー階層をそのままに読み込む方法

Premier Proにフォルダを読み込んだ際に
    読み込み可能ファイルが入っていないフォルダを
    無視して読み込まれる仕様になっています。

<例>
    MEDIA\Private\XDROOT\Clip\Clip0001.MXF
    上記のようなフォルダ階層の場合
    Premierで読み込むとPrivate以降のフォルダが無視されて
    MEDIA(ビン)の中にClip0001.MXFだけが配置されます。
    ※Premierで読込可能なデータがClip0001.MXFしか無い場合

これをフォルダ階層と同様に読み込めるようにしていただきたいです。

MEDIA(ビン)→Private(ビン)→XDROOT(ビン)→Clip(ビン)→Clip0001.MXF

上記のように読み込まれるようにしたいです。

当仕様は時には便利なのですが、混乱を招くこともあるため
    状況に応じて切替が出来るのがベストだと考えております。

PC:Windows 10 Home 64-bit
    メモリ:16GB
    ビデオカード:NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
    VRAM:6GB
    ソフト:Adobe Creative Cloud CC 2018

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Smart import - premier should know if the files have already been imported and give operator option to exclude dupes

Is there a simple way to either prevent Premiere from importing the same file into a project twice, or perhaps some sort of script that will automatically tag imported files in the finder?

The slight issue that we often have material added to our assets folder constantly as we're cutting, and it becomes difficult to keep track of what media has been imported and what hasn't, and we'd like to avoid having multiple instances of the same file in our projects.

Any workarounds or solutions?

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Import Spanned AVCHD clips like you did for years!

I am trying to reconnect old media from spanned clips of AVCHD and it keeps crashing.
    Then I try to import one new file and it fails to span the clips.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Media locations must not be stored by entire file path but shortest possible link

File paths of media should be as short as possible and must not contain the entire file path of the (external) storage device to the file but instead short it for an internal folder structure by going back or forth necessary folders "../" to locate media that is stored in one main folder. This helps when loading a project clone on a different device with another root structure or a different storage device name. When the software just searches for the files contained in my main folder, I do not have to search for them on the new device but…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. MP4 importing Audio Only (tried every workaround - none work)

I imported 60 mp4 files into a project, 15 of which were audio only. I tried every workaround I could find on the following pages:
    https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2486467
    https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2477123
    https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/premiere-pro/kb/premiere-pro-imports-audio-only.html

I was using version 12.1.1 and have tried installing every version back to CC 2017 and have tried importing .mp4 and with the extension changed to .m4v, with the Mercury Playback Engine in both CUDA and software only, each time deleting all the media cache files between restarting the software.

I have been unable to transcode the files using Media Encoder as it too doesn't recognise the video and shows up as…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add setting in Preferences to "Create folder for imported items"

A coworker just instructed me that if you import .xml sequences into the project window, the sequence AND all its assets will import loose into the folder you drag it to.

However, if you import a .prproj file, you get the option to check the box "Create folder for imported items".

Once checked, all future XML files will import all its assets into a new file.

Could this be added as an option in Preferences as well, since there is no reliable way to know how to do this?

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base