Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Cancel conforming/generating peak file

Just let us cancel conforming and generating peak file when importing. Just that.

If the imported files are too heavy, it will take forever until I can use my computer again, since it's processing. If I can cancel the conforming step, I can choose which files I want to work with, if it's going to take too long.

9 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Symbolic links to QuickTime DV movies are not working correctly

There is an issue with Adobe Premiere import. Symbolic links to QuickTime DV movies are not working correctly.

The technological procedure in studio requires symbolic link usage on file servers.
    In most cases it works, but Adobe Premiere have an issue with symlinks to Quicktime DV movies.

Adobe Premiere 12.1.2 build 69 (latest), Windows 10.

How to reproduce:
    1. Choose a folder for test files. For example, c:\Video
    2. Put a correct QuickTime DV (PAL) movie file into it (you could render a color bar from Premiere, for example, or use any existing QuickTime DV movie). For example, use c:\Video\Test.mov …

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Import Problem with 2019 - Video File Time codes getting shifted

When Importing Premiere Pro 2019(13) is reading the timecode on video files differently than in Premiere Pro 2018(12) so when exchanging project files the sequences are completely off. But it even interprets the timecode numbers differently when it is not a part of a project - something in the import is different. Have not found a fix yet other than not doing it :) Any Ideas - patches or suggestions? Thanks

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Select clips in Project panel, then copy into new location on computer drive

It would be a great option to select files that you gather from all locations and folders that are collected in the project panel, then send it to a new or dedicated folder on your computers drive. That way you can keep it organized and all in one or a dedicated location.
    currently when i find a video clip from another source or portable drive from media browser, i have to copy it to a folder i want to have then all together, then pull the files from there.
    i don't want to do this on the import as i…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. image descriptor

I am importing a mov file into premiere that is 93s long, but adobe premiere imports it as audio only and I receive the attached error.
    yet the same file specs but shorter 03s for example is imported correctly

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. No audio when importing a clip

Extremely annoyed.

Attempting the most basic of all functions - importing a mov file into a bin and it imports without the audio file. Why on earth is this happening and why haven't you created a fix. Have already trawled youtube and tried to delete the 'common' folder which doesn't work. This is BASIC. I'm ****** with Adobe.

In the meantime, can anyone help?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. MP4-import is full of errors after updating from Premiere 12 to 13

Lost of my MP4-H.264-files (from Canon 80D, GoPro and DJI Phantom 4 Pro) which worked fine in Premiere 12 are now after the update to Premiere 13 not importable any more.

Changing the file-names from .mp4 to .m4v will solve it but just for new projects, the existing ones are now crashing or the media will be set to "offline".

The error occures on new and old files, not depending on framerate or resolution, and it occures on files that have been worked before the update (so that the container in the file has not been touched since)

I am…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. The video saved by the camera on Microsoft Surface Book 2 useless when imported

I shot a video with the integrated video camera on a Microsoft Surface Book 2. Premiere cannot synchronize the audio to the video. It does not play correctly and when edited and exported, the same issue remains.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. the option "capture" (F5) doesn't work anymore on different machines.

Since any update (I think Windows) the option "capture" (F5) doesn't work anymore on different machines.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. media browser

Expected Behavior: When Importing a clip in Media Browser, stay in Media Browser. Like previous versions of Premiere Pro.

Current Behavior: Premiere switches to the Project Panel and you have to manually go back to Media Browser and scroll down to where you were.

Additional Option: In case Adobe made a conscious choice to change the behavior from earlier settings, have a setting that allows you to stay in Media Browser after import (allow users to switch this on/off)

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Please add the ability to use MEDIA BROWSER to search for METADATA

Allow Media Browser to search by metadata. Useful to search large footage library.

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. aaf exported out of premier 2018 with embedded audio can't read the audio when premier tries to import it

If you export an AAF out of Premier 2018 with embedded audio. Then try to import it back into premier it doesn't extract the audio and you just get a bunch of audio files that won't link.

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Bug report!! DPX

Premiere version 12.1.1 (build10) when importing the image sequence DPX is not correctly interpreted frame rate, instead of 25.0000 interprets 25.0010. Same thing with a frequency of 24.0000. this results in problems with duration and rendering

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. BUG: In latest update (April 13) AEP files open the dynamic link menu TWICE

As of the latest update, importing After Effects project files into Premiere pops up the Dynamic Link menu (to select a composition) TWICE. Choosing different items imports both into a folder, cancelling the second time cancels it outright.
    Inconvenient in a fast-moving environment where you normally have to select it and hit OK once. Lots more clicks involved.
    I would LOVE the ability to control-click multiple compositions here, but this is not the way to go.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Correct incorrect levels interpretation of DNxHR and H.264 High 10

444 variants of DNxHR/HD are misinterpreted as having data level/full range encoding instead of video/legal. H.264 High 10 is incorrectly encoded as full range instead of legal. Please correct these.

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add Conforming and Peak Files controls to Progress Panel

Add the conforming and generating peak files queue to the Progress Panel. Editing project on multiple machine becomes an issue when you have the conformed and peak files on the desktop vs an external or with the project files.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Fix wrong colors in MP4 0-255 files

PrPro/AE interprets wrong color space when import MP4 0-255 8 bit files. Specifically it happens with Lumix GH4/GH5/G7 etc. cameras. This bug appears in each version of adobe products. Look at https://forums.adobe.com/message/10289914

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. auto import

Please add auto-import option to Premiere

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →