Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Premiere Connecting to the Wrong Media

The problem we're running into was brought up by someone else in the forums back in 2017:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/Premiere-Pro/Why-is-Premiere-linking-the-wrong-clip/m-p/10646862#M229918

In our environment, we edit off of our server, and have done so for a long time now, without issue. All systems used to be Macs, but we've started introducing some PC systems into the mix, and now we're starting to run into complications.

This particular complication is around Premiere relinking to the incorrect media when switching between system OS.

1) Create a project in OS A (could be Mac or Windows), and then edit something.
    2) Replace an asset in the…

12 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

9 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. STOP DUPLICATE MEDIA FROM BEING IMPORTED

This has not been fixed even though Adobe has claimed to fix this.

I have the media in one master project. My assistant has a their shared project. I open a small sequence from that project and drag the media from it it into my main project. EVEN THOUGH I ALREADY HAVE ALL THE MEDIA, I STILL GET DUPLICATED MEDIA. And on top of that it creates a separate folder for each small clip of footage. Take a look at the attached screenshot.

This is horrible. Fix this asap please. What's the point of shared projects if we can't move…

365 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

40 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. BUG: Premiere Pro 2019 "Unresponsive" During Imports

I stopped editing for several months and recently came back to it. What I noticed is that Pr seems to have some issues importing the same types of footage that it previous had no issues with: 4K/60 h.264 files that are 5-6GB in size. Previously, Pr would just import them in with no issue. Now, Pr seems to lock up during the import, and again when I try to put that footage on the timeline for the first time.

During this "lock up", one CPU core from my 7900X is pushed right to 100%. The rest of them are at…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Color noise introduced when importing CinemaDNG in Premiere Pro CC

I'm using Premiere Pro CC v13.0 and face the following problem when importing CinemaDNG files directly in Premiere:

I get massive amounts of extra noise in my video, which is not present when opening a single RAW DNG frame with Adobe Camera Raw (see example attached).

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Low Level Exception Occurred - Importer MPEG Importer 8 - on dragging files into AP

I have been dealing with this issue for a while, I have read every relevant topic on this forum to no avail.

Windows 10
    32 GB ram i7 500GB SSD
    GeForce RTX 2060

So this only happen occasionally, Id say 1 out of every 35 attempts of dragging clips to the media files in Premire, but sometimes if crashes when I only open up the file explorer, before I even try to drag a clip in. Usually the clips are MP4 since it sometimes happens when I just open file explorer it may not matter the type of file.

One…

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Imported Clips from a C300 Mark II and C200 and they are all named "CLIPS001"

Went to the Media Browser, clicked the root folder that held the "CONTENTS" folder, and context-menu'd "Import" and every clip is named "CLIPS001". This did not happen with the previous version, just this new Premiere 2020.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Hotfolder Premiere Pro

Hotfodlers would be a very nice and even heavy requested feature in Premiere Pro. It would be so time saving when you have an editing preset with all your folder and footage already in the project and when you have new footage just put it in the file destination in a selected folder and it will auto appear in Premiere Pro.
    So you don't have to organize the clips in the folders as well in Premiere Pro.
    Pls ad these hotfolders!

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Timecode is still incorrectly reported by Premiere 13.1.3

Setup:
    Windows 10
    PPro 13.1.3
    Blackmagic RAW v1.5

Editing a feature that was begun on OS X PPro 13.0.1 and just migrated media/project files to a faster Win10 machine. For various reasons, had to do something I rarely do and that is upgrade to PPro 13.1.3 mid-project. Using the new BRAW codec for Premiere, I unlinked from the transcoded ProRes files I was previously editing on and linked media directly to the braw files directly taken from a BMPCC4K camera.

To my horror, all my sequences and synced clips of the entire movie are off by up to 1.5 minutes.…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Multithreaded conforming

Please make conforming multithreaded!

I know this must be achievable because conforming is just reading through the file and making peak files / metadata files. Right now the process is sequential, one file at a time. The process could be parallel, conforming multiple files at a time.

For multicore machines, this would be a HUGE increase in startup performance when importing footage. Especially for big projects with hours of clips.

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. PSD Import in Premiere

I was previously able to import a PSD file with 3 layers into Premiere as separate layers. However, the file would no longer import correctly. I later discovered that the file will not import correctly with the PPI set to 300 and the resolution set to 1920x1080. However, this was not the case in previous versions of Premiere, and I was able to import the exact same file with the PPI set to 300 without an issue.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Drag and drop png sequences

It would be really nice to be able to drag in multiple image sequences (e.g. png/dpx) into a project at once instead of manually having to import them. Currently, each one has to be imported individually using the import window which is VERY time-consuming.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Can you please add Media Watch bins?

Instead of having to manually import footage can you please add a feature which allows you to set up watch folders? Much like the watch folders in Media Encoder.

This will automatically pull in footage as its added to a specific location on a system. If we could have it with out the import progress dialogue that was be ace too.

Thanks.

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Bug: About half the time I drag a file in from Finder into the bin, it doesn't work.

If I drag a file from Finder into the project bin, about half the time it gives me an error noise and nothing happens. There's nothing wrong with the file. If I try again it works.

This is a regular occurrence.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow Proxies and Master Clips to have Different Audio Channels

Just like you can re-link a file to one with different timecode than the version in the project, you should be able to link a proxy file to a master clip with different audio channels than the original. Just like with TC, if there is 4 channels in original clip and proxy clip only has 2 channels, the slash marks simply appear in channels 3 and 4.

THIS IS IMPORTANT because the H.264 spec only supports 2 channels. ALMOST ALL CAMERAS shoot with 4 channels. H264 is IDEAL proxy format if you're taking project to edit mobile (ie to the…

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Auto import / Dynamic folder link

Please make it so that we can link between a file on the computer and premiere so that a clip or media will auto import from local storage. This woul dbe a huge improvement

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Support AVI files needed in newest release... URGENT

Newest update doesn't support AVI files!!! This is a major issue as it has been supported in the past with previous versions. I represent a market of users who utilize the AVI file from a particular camera system. With over 75K users of this camera and it's file format and your failure to retain this file-are we to tell our customers to use another editing software. Or worse yet..."don't update Premiere"?

88 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

91 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Please fix the 'Importer reported a generic error'. (File import failure)

How hard can that be? It is so frustrating to see all my clips go offline every single time. It has been happening since so long. Adobe has rolled out at least 2 or 3 updates but could not fix this simple bug? There is absolutely no solution for this? I am having to rename every single clip to reconnect. You know how annoying that is?

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow relinking to clips with different # of audio channels

Just like you can re-link a file to one with different timecode than the version in the project, you should be able to re-link a clip to a file with different audio channels than the original. Just like with TC, if there is 4 channels in original clip and one user wants to use only has 2 channels, the slash marks simply appear in channels 3 and 4.

Sure, warn the user, but sometimes this is just nessecary when a mistake was made in transcode... or you're relinking to colored files, and colorist didn't export with 4 audio tracks (and…

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 15 16
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base