Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Have Desktop and Documents as favorites in Media Browser by default

When I do training, a lot for people save their media on the Desktop or in Documents. I often spend several minutes teaching people how to add Desktop or Documents folders as favorites.

It's very confusing to people that the Media Browser does not show folders the way that macOS or Windows do. The file browsers in both OS-es show shortcuts to Downloads, Documents and Desktop.

Why can't these favorites be there by default?

You know you can do it! The Rush team got it right, so do what they did.

21 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

7 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Imported Clips from a C300 Mark II and C200 and they are all named "CLIPS001"

Went to the Media Browser, clicked the root folder that held the "CONTENTS" folder, and context-menu'd "Import" and every clip is named "CLIPS001". This did not happen with the previous version, just this new Premiere 2020.

33 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add 90degree batch rotation for importing vertical shot videos

Videos shot vertically on DSLR cameras are recorded as 16:9 ratio. When imported to premiere, they display 90degrees sideways. There needs to be a way to simply batch rotate these videos 90 degrees to 9:16 ratio.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Properly import long RED files without duplicate clips.

Current Behavior: Whenever you import a long R3D file Premiere automatically groups the smaller "spanned" clips into a larger clip. If you import the clip via the media browser it works fine because the media browser will hide all but the first clip in a sequence. But if you try to import multiple folders(multiple cards, or days of footage.) Premiere will still group the clips, but it creates a full length master clip for each of the parts the the file was split into causing tons of duplicate clips.

The only work around is to manually recreate your folder structure…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Premiere Connecting to the Wrong Media

The problem we're running into was brought up by someone else in the forums back in 2017:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/Premiere-Pro/Why-is-Premiere-linking-the-wrong-clip/m-p/10646862#M229918

In our environment, we edit off of our server, and have done so for a long time now, without issue. All systems used to be Macs, but we've started introducing some PC systems into the mix, and now we're starting to run into complications.

This particular complication is around Premiere relinking to the incorrect media when switching between system OS.

1) Create a project in OS A (could be Mac or Windows), and then edit something.
    2) Replace an asset in the…

21 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. when creating proxy files from ProRes HQ files from a BlackMagic camera, there are numerous .aac (audio) files in the output folder

using the latest version with Windows 10, when creating proxy files from ProRes HQ files from a BlackMagic camera, there are numerous .aac (audio) files in the output folder along with the proxy files create. why are these .aac files present? of 39 proxies created, there are 8 .aac files and 1 .mdv file mixed in. here is one of the file names: A01006111440C006Proxy.2192.13616.aac. here is the proxy file created: A01006111440C006Proxy.mp4. are these temporary files that aren't being deleted at the end of the proxy creation process?

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Cinema DNG files of Sigma fp camera improve import in premiere pro directly

Cinema DNG files of Sigma fp camera improve import in premiere pro directly

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Live updating folders within the project

It would be amazing to drop a folder into premiere and whenever its updated in finder (or windows equivalent), the folder gets updated in the premiere project aswell. Eg. I drop a folder into premiere with 5 videos in. I then upload more videos to the original folder in finder, and those videos automatically get put into the premiere project too.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. BUG: Premiere Pro 2019 "Unresponsive" During Imports

I stopped editing for several months and recently came back to it. What I noticed is that Pr seems to have some issues importing the same types of footage that it previous had no issues with: 4K/60 h.264 files that are 5-6GB in size. Previously, Pr would just import them in with no issue. Now, Pr seems to lock up during the import, and again when I try to put that footage on the timeline for the first time.

During this "lock up", one CPU core from my 7900X is pushed right to 100%. The rest of them are at…

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. STOP DUPLICATE MEDIA FROM BEING IMPORTED

This has not been fixed even though Adobe has claimed to fix this.

I have the media in one master project. My assistant has a their shared project. I open a small sequence from that project and drag the media from it it into my main project. EVEN THOUGH I ALREADY HAVE ALL THE MEDIA, I STILL GET DUPLICATED MEDIA. And on top of that it creates a separate folder for each small clip of footage. Take a look at the attached screenshot.

This is horrible. Fix this asap please. What's the point of shared projects if we can't move…

420 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

42 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Last frame missing at .png image sequence import

I'm importing a .png sequence in Premiere. By default, it creates a 29.97fps clip. I reinterpret this clip at 24fps as it should be and drag it in my 24fps sequence... Aaaaannndd the last frame is missing. The workaround I found is to interpret the clip at 23.97 and again at 24. Then I get my frame back. Pretty annoying to say the least!

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Image Sequence

I'm importing 14 different JPG images to Premiere to create an image sequence, but even when the images are all different, once I import them to Premiere, the preview and the export can't read the different images and shows all the images as if they were the same image than the first JPG.

I've been trying several different ways of doing this, and I already spent an hour of my life to make this work, and I still cant.

It should be the simplest thing to do, but it looks like it's too much for Premiere. Real shame, embarrassing to…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. "We were unable to open the file on disk"

In Premiere Pro 2020, I am trying to import a .mov file on my imac—it says "We were unable to open the file on disk", I have tried renaming the file to .mp4 and .avi, nothing has worked. Please help.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. XAVC S - No Audio since 14.2 version

Files recorded by Sony a7 series camers has no audio after import into Premiere Pro projects, files from other cameras worked like a charm.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. gopro hevc support

Please allow us to import h.265 or HEVC coded videos from gopro cameras. Currently, it only imports audio and it's very frustrating given that the latest update was supposed to address this.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Be able to import an album/collection from lightroom to premiere

I store all my files in lightroom (uploaded to the cloud) but now I need them in my premiere project. Any way to import directly?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. BUG?:premire pro 2019でインポートできる上限サイズがあるのでは?

2018年頃までインポート可能だったファイル(mp4)を新規プロジェクトでタイムラインにドロップしようとすると禁止マークとなる。
    ・ 1ファイルのサイズが6GB程度はインポートできるが7GB以上のファイルはNGだった。
    ・ タイムラインの上限があるかと思ったが6GBまでの様々なファイルをドロップして上限が無いことがわかった。
    ・ 7GB以上のファイルは他社アプリではインポート可能

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Import a csv with script supervisor notes

Would love to import a csv to set the script supervisor logs and good takes as you can do in Final cut
    I am also founder of Raccoder app for script supervisor and will love to makw any xml or file you need to ingest that metadata into project.
    You can write me in support@raccorderapp.com

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add Project to Production hangs in PP 14.3

Cannot Add Projects to Productions as of 14.3 update. Windows 10.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Sort by Last Modified in Media Browser

The only options to sort in the Media Browser are by Name and File Path, but sometimes I am adding media that I have created to fill in holes in the project but obviously want to keep things tidy and store it in the same place as other files. It is unnecessarily difficult however to then find the 7 new files out of the 50 that are already there.

A feature that matches File Explorer's options of sorting by Date Created or Last Modified would be much appreciated.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 18 19
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base