Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Have Desktop and Documents as favorites in Media Browser by default

When I do training, a lot for people save their media on the Desktop or in Documents. I often spend several minutes teaching people how to add Desktop or Documents folders as favorites.

It's very confusing to people that the Media Browser does not show folders the way that macOS or Windows do. The file browsers in both OS-es show shortcuts to Downloads, Documents and Desktop.

Why can't these favorites be there by default?

You know you can do it! The Rush team got it right, so do what they did.

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

8 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Warn me of variable video framerate issues & audio sync issues, and let me know what I can do about it

I just spent most of a day trying different video formats, codecs, etc., and trying to get them to import.

if Premiere had give me one message that said "this variable framerate video file may not be imported correctly; try using handbrake to make it constant" would have saved me hours of wild goose chase.

better yet, fix that in premiere.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. When importing AVCHD files in Mac OSX...Premiere needs create unique MTS filenames

When importing AVCHD files from different recording sessions but part of a same project when .MTS files are dragged into a timeline and multiple timelines from different recording sessions are open at the same time...audio playback from other .MTS files in other timelines occur. This most likely happens because every .MTS is labelled with a generic number 00001.MTS. It could possibly be that Adobe Premiere has the ability to catalogue and continuously keep things organized...but when it sees multiple files with the same numbering system it's not hard to imagine it getting confused even thought the clips are in separate…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I have an AVCHD camera, that follows that naming convention; agreed, tedious.

Renaming source media files on import can cause problems with lots of formats, and is a behavior PPro avoids, whenever possible.

PPro can differentiate between files with identical names, based on their paths. But you’re right, this isn’t very obvious in the project panel (unless you’ve already set up the project panel to show paths).

Would your suggestion be to append the date/time to the project item name, associated with 00001.MTS files?

4. Detecting wrong framerate and sequence timecode drifting in version 14.8 & 14.9

For years, I've had issues with the sequence timecode matching up with the burn-in timecode of my videos. It's gotten worse in version 14.8 and 14.9.

When I would load in a H.264 mp4 or mov files and create a new sequence from clip, the sequence timecode would always be 1 frame off. I have been transcoding it to ProRes 422 (in Premiere) and creating a new sequence from that clip --and then timecodes would match.

But in 14.8 and 14.9, it's much worse and the timecodes are way off. I have gone back and forth with 14.7 and can…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. [BUG] When importing uncompressed YUV 10 bit or RGB 10 bit premiere forces me to use "Mercury software only rendering"

When importing uncompressed YUV 10 bit or RGB 10 bit Premiere forces me to use "Mercury software only rendering" or else the video clip is just green and won't play. This really slows down my workflow.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Importing Canon MXF FIles does not Import Filename Correctly

Premiere Pro v14.8 on WIndows 10 - Canon XF utility installed on PC

My Canon Camera transfers footage onto my computer. With a specific File Structure. This is the structure for my Camera Canon XA50
    ../CONTENTS/CLIPS001/Filename.MXF
    ../CONTENTS/CLIPS001/Filename.THM
    ../CONTENTS/CLIPS001/Filename.XML

I believe Other Canon Cameras like the C200 have maybe a couple of other files for each video file. On top of the MXF, THM and XML files.

So, When I use the media browser ti import

Each file comes into Premiere Pro and Gets named CLIPS001 for every single file I import. All called CLIPS001.

Ok now if I rename the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Bug: getInsertionBin() returns root bin of wrong project

In Extendscript, we are told to use project.getInsertionBin() to get the root bin to use project.importFiles()for that project.
    When there are more than 1 projects opened, the project refers to the correct project name, but getInsertionBin returns the root bin of an other opened project, which is not the one from app.project.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. .MOV files created with Apple Compressor 4.4.8 won't import in PP2019 or PP2020

I've recently been encountering strange issues when Importing .MOV files into Premiere 2019 or 2020, where I'd get a "File Import Failure: We were unable to open the file on disk" error. The error also occurs in After Effects, with the same files.

The files import or open without issues in every other video application I tried (DaVinci Resolve, Quicktime Player, Screen (Videovillage.co), VLC, IINA, Telestream Switch Pro & FCP-X).

After a bit of sleuthing, I figured out that the problem only occurs with .MOV files that were specifically transcoded out of Apple Compressor 4.4.8 (which is the latest version…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. R3D files in Premiere Pro 2021 has different color science and gamma curve upon import, doesnt match in camera look.

R3D files in Premiere Pro 2021 has different color science and gamma curve upon import, doesnt match in camera look. Had to roll back to 14.5 where it still works. Please update in latest builds too. Otherwise each individual import needs to be adjust with tedious color correction tools in Source Clip Effects in Effect Controls. Thanks

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Improve Media Browser NOW!!!

Media Browser is awful - to the point that I spent $300 on Davinci Resolve JUST to get a working media browser. I capture clips at 400Mbps which results in very large files. When editing I only want to capture the good takes from SD to my storage drive. So I need to view them. But Media Browser refreshes every second, which means I lose my place and have to scroll down over and over and over. At some point Media Browser will refresh before I get back to where I was. Also, the clip preview performance is very sluggish.…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Actually for Rush, but that wasn't an option - Font Import for Android

It's not always practical to take your laptop with you but you still need to edit stuff together. So Rush exists.
    Android devices come with SFA in the way of fonts, and most of the 3rd party font installers are garbage. Adding a font import feature that allows people to use OTF and TTF fonts on an Android device will really customers that would like to maintain style guide consistencyfor their videos when they don't have access to a desktop.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Bug: filename reverts to default after creating a subclip via Media Browser workflow

Greetings. When using the Media Browser to review, then import (right click/import), then create a subclip via Ctl U and name the file, once it appears in the Project pane, it first has the name I gave it, but then reverts to original file name. Please fix.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Adobe Premiere crashes when I import an MP4

Adobe Premiere crashes when I import an MP4. Tried Adobe Premiere Pro 2020 and 2021 and uninstalled and reinstalled

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. added ogg support

add ogg support so i don't have to convert them to mp3

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Automatic Linking from Hard Drive To Bin

Hello, It would be great if there was a way to link folders on a computer or hard drive to bins in Premiere. That way, if I copied a photo or video clip into my folder on my hard drive labeled "Day 1_Footage" (for example) then it would be great if (assuming I already imported that folder from my hard drive into my Premiere project window as a new bin) that footage or photo automatically imported into that given bin. If I add a new photo into my hard drive folder titled "Photos" then it would automatically update the bin…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. imported mp3 file with variable bitrate shows no waveform

when importing mp3 file with variable bitrate, PProCC20 v14.9 shows no waveform in the timeline. I have to transcode it to mp3 with constant bitrate to get the waveform in the timeline.
    Can you please eliminate this bug???
    I tried to upload my mp3 clip, but it was refused from uploading

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. New Imports Label Color - Matches Fold Color

I wish I could make a FOLDER have a LABEL COLOR, and check box that all new import files are DEFAULT COLOR to match. See attached.
    (I know how to make label defaults based on TYPE of files, but I want to have more options on coloring types of audio or types of movie files.)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add 90degree batch rotation for importing vertical shot videos

Videos shot vertically on DSLR cameras are recorded as 16:9 ratio. When imported to premiere, they display 90degrees sideways. There needs to be a way to simply batch rotate these videos 90 degrees to 9:16 ratio.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I have an issue importing mp3 files in the beta version for the M1 macs

I have an issue importing Mp3 audio into my project on the Premiere Pro Beta for Mac M1. I had contacted your customer care with no success. also they suggested that i export the project as XML file but the option is not available on the beta version..

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 22 23
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base