Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow Premiere to rename a source file

Final Cut Pro used to have this as an option to either match the name of the clip in the project to match the filename or to force Finder to rename the file based on what you called it in the clip.

I realize this is a BAD BAD BAD idea for many users, however, for seasoned pro's this is useful when dealing with poorly managed DIT work specifically with sound rolls, and renaming for organizational purposes does not break metadata the way it can with cam rolls. Perhaps this is an advanced option that users can toggle, and by…

7 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. BUG: Batch edit Metadata fails

I want to batch edit multiple shots at the same time. Say 10 shots are all in the same scene, I select them in the Projects panel, move to the Metadata panel, enter a scene name, but only the first two selected shots show the change.

That was not the case before. Please fix.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Better Premiere file management - no relinking when you change computers

Premiere needs to be able to handle folder based projects. Many people/businesses use a folder to house a single project with all the media and render files to make the project portable and workable on multiple computers. BUT, every time you change computers you must relink media. Why can’t Premiere be taught to scan the folder that the project lives in first rather than searching drives letters or paths. It is a serious pain in the butt when projects are large and it wastes a ton of time. Avid projects work seamlessly between computers on a network, why can’t Premiere?

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Create proxy to a different location while respecting the same folder structure

Add the ability to create Proxies to a different folder, where the same folder structure of the original files is respected.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Clip and Bin Color in Project Panel

Make the colored labels in the project panel more immediately distinct. This could be a full "highlight" in the selected color, an underline, or a border. The current colored squares are too subtle to be that useful an organizational tool.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add solo option to video layers!

add the option to solo video layers like you can solo audio layers

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add live streaming as a feature

Can you add live streaming as a feature/option for Premiere Pro? Right now Adobe does not have any tools for live streaming video.

If Premiere pro can capture the live video, it should be able to stream it on any social media platform.

This for me would be a game changer

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Send to AE doesn't send R3D RAW settings

If you send an R3D clip to AE it doesn't carry the raw settings for the clip in the master clip settings.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Create the ability to change the gray background color for all products (Premiere, AE, Audition, etc...)

Give us the ability to change the background color. Gray is good, it's neutral, and soothing to your optic nerves. BUT when we are working with different apps at the same time (I usually have Premiere, AE, Photoshop, and others open at the same time) going back and forth quickly is key. When I click on the projects panel and I activate After Effects instead of Premiere it takes me a second to realize what program I'm in. I believe it if I color coded my background color then I know precisely what app I'm trying to bring to the…

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Proxy workflow - Audio Channels

If I modify Audio Channels for a clip in Premiere, THEN create a proxy of that clip (thru the proper channels, by right-clicking and selecting "Create Proxies", the proxy will not automatically attach to the clip. I must manually attach it. This is a really silly bug.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. BUG: 23.976 timecode not properly displayed with timecode filter

In CC2019 (13.02.3 (build 38) - when applying the timecode filter, to 23.976 source material, the visual display is not the correct time. It looks like the timecode is being converted from 23.976 to 24. This did not occur in previous versions of CC. Please fix this bug asap.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Fix Timecode issues regarding EDLs, XMLs, AAFs with 48fps media and XAVC AVCHD, etc.

The internal logic for premiere to interpret timecode from several formats and 48fps material is flawed. This is most striking in a 23.976 timeline with 48fps prores in it. The clips will have wrong timecode in premiere, correct timecode in other Pro Apps. Whats more is that AAF, EDL, and XML will have DIFFERENT timecode results exported from the SAME timeline. Please look into the timecode logic and make it uniform throughout premiere and all import options (drag and drop and media browser should have the same timecode integrity).

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Bug: Premiere Pro 13.0.1 Title Window Broken

The Tools/Styles/Actions/Properties tabs, which are a normal part of the Title window by default, each now have to be turned on manually. This is a huge headache when adjusting multiple titles.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Video Purchase Package

Like you guys offer Photoshop and Lightroom together as a creative cloud package you should offer a Premiere Pro/After Effects package.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. sort icon view by "creation date"

Include the creation date as a sort mode for the icon view.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. replace footage should be able to undo

when you replace footage, you can't undo. this is very confusing and counter intuitive to any other software. the undo should include replace footage.

asked in these threads too:
    https://forums.creativecow.net/docs/forums/post.php?forumid=3&postid=954798&univpostid=954798&pview=t

https://forums.adobe.com/message/5777466#5777466

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. revert to original name command in the project panel

often you are in a project where you or other editor changed the names of the clips and you need them to be the original name. for replacing clips, or simply for re-organization purposes. please add a "revert to original file name" command.

I know you can add a "media file name" column, but still this is a manual process for many files.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Support mouse back button in Media Browser

As is normal under Windows (and should be under Mac as well), the back button on the mouse, if it exists, is the same as clicking the back button of whichever window is active. The Media Browser, however, doesn't support this mouse button.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. BUG: Workspaces panel has disappeared on my custom spaces, and the panel is blank

I am running Premiere Pro 12.1.1 (2018) on Mac OS Sierra 10.12.6 and the Workspaces panels has dissapeared from my Custom Workspaces, and when I try and open the panel to bring it back it is completely empty.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base