Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Frame Replacement for Decode Errors - Painfully buggy 'feature'.

Sadly still persisting in 13.1.3.

This is causing so much trouble in my post facility. Can this new feature be disabled? It clearly doesn't work properly and needs fixing. It's extremely problematic in a professional environment and needs an option to disable.

Clips will randomly show this error while editing, making it impossible to work and export a master. The exact same files may have worked properly 10 minutes earlier, and can fixed by re-opening the project or using a different computer. There is no consistency to the errors or workarounds, we just have to keep re-opening projects until it…

8 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Bug report - Timecode mismatch

Premiere Pro CC 13.0.3 Build 9. Adding the timecode effect on a timeline results in a mismatch with the timecode of the timeline and the timecode shown on the effect. I have not found a way of getting the timecode effect match with the timeline timecode. Timecode seems to stretch further off sync the further on I play on the timeline. This is a very frustrating problem and I have not experienced this with any previous version!

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. If this is for bug reports, where do we file them?

This page says, "Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page"

But there is no "post a bug report" link anywhere. There's only "post a new idea."

It was pretty annoying when the actual bug-report form just disappeared, and now Adobe's telling us to use this bucket for bugs but fails to provide a category for them.

WTF?

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Customizable behaviour for search bar.

Search bar reveals searched files with their parents folders. Would love to have the option of not displaying parents folders.
    Expand/Collapse all can also be helpful.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Mounted Mapping for Network Drives

Differing network locations between cross platforms (Windows, Mac & Unix) forces relinking. While forcing the mac to use SMB as a network protocol and NOT using mapped mounts on the PC, you can get this working but it would be significantly easier if an option to associate "mapped mounts" was added, similar to Resolve. Resolve intelligently understands that each operating system has different paths to the same media (due to OS specifics) and handles the "file path substitution". It would be fantastic if a similar option was added to Premiere, as it would avoid a ton of unnecessary relinking to…

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Bug report for update 2018 from 12.0.1 (build 69) to 12.1. Loss of font (access), restore of 12.0.1, font back

I was advised to put this here by Adobe guy Dov Isaacs from a thread I discovered when I was searching for a solution to a crucial problem on the font handling on titles in Pr 2018. Looks like other people have/had this problem too on other programs like Typekit and Illustrator.

Updated to Premiere 2018, 12.1.0, with the 2017 Version still installed,

in PP 2018 Version (12.1.0): Font Helvetica LT CE not available, though Project simply renamed due to update, didn't check for other fonts.

PP 2017 version: Font available and working, as it was in the last version…

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. When copying a sequence, copy the audio levels as well

When copying a sequence, all the audio levels are set back to the default as if you created a new sequence. This very much defeats the purpose of copying. Instead, when copying a sequence, everything, including, audio should be the EXACT same..you know..a COPY

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Display of rectified waveform in the timeline scrubber of source monitor

So you can view where your playhead is AND view video at the same time. See when people begin speaking, etc.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Eyedropper does not work on second monitor

On Windows 10, the eyedropper does not work on the second monitor. It does pick a color, but it seems to be from a different position of the screen, not where the cursor is. If I use Premiere Pro on the main monitor of the laptop, it does work.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Timeline Freezing Bug

Timeline freezing in project in Premiere 2020. My project consists of about 50 shots from a RED camera. I proxied everything into ProRes files. Everything was working fine until I started to work on the edit, after a while the timeline freezes. If I click out of the timeline and then back into, I can make changes, but I dont see the ends of the clips when moving or cutting things, its all invisible. Once the change is made the timeline updates, but nothing is snapping. After a few edits I can no longer select any clips or do anything…

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. We need a new DVD Authoring software

This is very annoying for someone who does not have any way of accessing adobe encore, but could have if I had this project in mind about 1 year earlier. It's a shame because at the moment there is absolutely no other way to make a dvd unless I get an alternative software not from Adobe. Which costs about a hundred dollars.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. LOSING RENDER FILES!!!!!!!!!!

I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE HAVE TO DO TO GET YOUR ATTENTION ON THIS, BUT WE'VE BEEN COMPLAINING ABOUT THIS FOR YEARS. I'VE BEEN PERSONALLY COMPLAINING ABOUT THIS FOR MONTHS. IT'S A SERIOUSLY PROBLEMATIC ISSUE THAT REALLY IMPACTS MY WORKFLOW. FIX IT AS SOON AS HUMANLY POSSIBLE, PLEASE! PLEASE IMPLORE UPON EVERYBODY WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR FIXING BUGS THAT THIS IS THE TOP PRIORITY TO FIX!!!!!

FIX IT!!!!!!

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Real color management.

Real color management. Such in After Effects, or better, as DaVinci Resolve.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Over 1000px feathering for masks

Please allow for AE-style 1000+px feathering. I'm working with 8K media and when I bump up a sequence from 4K to 8K, the 1000px limit requires me to dynamic link every single clip with a mask feather of over 500px to AE, render it out as a grayscale ProRes, and use a track matte. It's a mess.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Make import by double click an option

Currently the import by double click is too easy for an option that is less used that opening a clip that is already in the project. Thus for me it is more important to be able to quickly open clips than quickly import. The GUI rational for the area to click for open is also not quite rational (label opens.. icon opens... gap between imports... text may open or may open edit text..... Making this import by double click an option in preferences would streamline premiere as an edit platform not an import tool.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Support for rec2020 and different color spaces for HDR.

Premiere has no option to set color profiles for timeline, input, or output. With the different possibilities of displays this is extremely important and really limits the possibilities.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. PLEASE stop your applications STEALING FOCUS

PLEASE stop your applications STEALING FOCUS. It's needless and infuriating.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow user to resolve missing fonts manually

When fonts are missing the user should be able to assign a replacement when Premiere is unable to sync with Typekit.

This has caused me huge issues when working between computers, or collaborating between platforms (PC/Mac) as some fonts are named differently on PC to Mac. Since Premiere Pro can't figure out (for example) that "HelveticaNeue" and "Helvetica Neue" are the same font I have to change every instance of essential graphics where this font was used in the entire project manually. This could be solved in 10 seconds by allowing the user to choose a replacement.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. BUG: Capture preview is blank when capturing from DVR

On my daily base I'm working with DV material, basically capturing a video from DV cassettes. Like everything is fine, it's still working, but capture preview is BLANK when capturing from my DVR "Sony DSR-25".
    There even is no big capture square when it's set up on "DV", when I set up my device to "HDV" it (capture square) shows up, but not working (daaaa, as my device is DV recorder not HDV and that way there is no signal).

The timecode is ticking over during play or recording and when I finish recording, the clip is fine. Video and…

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow Premiere to rename a source file

Final Cut Pro used to have this as an option to either match the name of the clip in the project to match the filename or to force Finder to rename the file based on what you called it in the clip.

I realize this is a BAD BAD BAD idea for many users, however, for seasoned pro's this is useful when dealing with poorly managed DIT work specifically with sound rolls, and renaming for organizational purposes does not break metadata the way it can with cam rolls. Perhaps this is an advanced option that users can toggle, and by…

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base