Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. allow proxies created in ANY program (like Resolve) to link back to camera masters WITH ANY NUMBER OF AUDIO CHANNELS.

allow proxies created in ANY program (like Resolve) to link back to camera masters WITH ANY NUMBER OF AUDIO CHANNELS. Premiere is useless for finishing up a project with proxies since audio is added in Premiere, and then trying to link back to camera masters results in ERROR because camera masters HAVE NO AUDIO.

13 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. script sync

You have to come up with your own version of script sync. There is a third party application that does its best, but it still is only capable of adding markers rather than being able to directly add a transcript to the video.

This is vital for a reality or doc workflow. AVID definitely has Adobe beat on this feature and its very important.

You had something that was somewhat on the right track with Adobe Story, but you got rid of it and didn't replace it with anything. Maybe Adobe Story wasn't the answer, but you've gotta either reboot…

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Batch change Tape name Metadata

In professional workflows it is essential to have coherent metadata. Tape name is one such important metadata field. Very often we need to copy the filenames or parts of filenames into the tape name category. Right now there is no option to batch copy filenames into the tape name field. It would great to be able to select all clips in a bin, copy the names, select the tape name column and paste the contents into it. Thx

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Rehaul the Code

It's clear that more emphasis is being put on adding new features and staying on top rather than on creating a product that is reliable. I would love to see a creative cloud update where no new features are added but instead the code is rehauled and cleaned up from the mess that it is. With every new update, premiere gets more buggy. We just want something reliable.

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Premiere and Media Encoder creating D:\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Common\LUTs on launch

A number of users on the U2U forums are having issues with Premiere or MediaEncoder creating a folder tree on their D: drive as follows ...

D:\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Common\LUTs

or

D:\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Common\LUTs\Technical

It first was noted by people with Onedrive or Dropbox, but now several others have popped in that do not have those sync apps and everytime Premiere or Me launch, the apps create the folder-tree and folders.

Delete the folders, launch Pr or Me, the folders are created again.

A bug of some kind perhaps.

R.Neil Haugen

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Search bins are not working. PLEASE fix

Search bins are not working. PLEASE fix this bug.

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Make Premiere the amalgam of the CC suite

Okay, so here's an idea that I just realized should be way more obvious than it seems to be:

Premiere should just have everything that all the other programs in the CC suite have.

I was putting together a sound design for a short film over the past few days, and I had to get rid of some noise in the dialogue tracks. I tried using the Adaptive Noise Reducer in Premiere, and... well, it sucks. The adaptive nature of it causes noise to randomly flare up at the beginning of each clip, or right after any abrupt sounds in…

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Create Proxy Jobs in background?

Much like we need background rendering, it would also be nice to have the "Creating proxies" process happen in the background. Right now, if I'm creating a large batch of proxies, I have to wait for up to 20 minutes at a time while the "Creating Proxy Jobs" dialog box stops me from working. Kind of a waste of time, since I don't think it should be using ALL the processing power of the program just to create proxy jobs for Media Encoder. It would be great if I could actually do some work while this is happening.

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Videos Program Subscription

Adobe I think it would be really cool if you could make a subscription for Video Programs. It would include Adobe Premiere Pro CC, Adobe After Effects CC, Adobe Audition CC, Adobe Character Animator CC and Adobe Media Encoder CC. It would be just like the photography subscription. Adobe can could choose how much it would cost. I think this would be useful because so many people use those programs to make all kinds of videos and it would just be convenient to have a Subscription you can buy.
    That would be so good. Thank You

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Improve and bring back speech analysis for quickly searching interviews

Speech analysis is a nice feature for long interviews for quickly finding cues based on keywords. Please bring it back for feature versions.

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Spell Check in Legacy Title

Add a Spell Check in Premiere Legacy Title!!!!

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Timecode Isn't Correct On Source Clips

Footage shot in 23.976 does not display correct timecode on import. Cross referenced in other programs as well as original xml document from camera. Modifying clip and conforming timecode to 24fps makes it close but still off by a frame or two. Other frame rates from the camera seem to display proper timecode. Rolling back and using Premiere version 12.1.2 resolves this issue and displays proper timecode. Was unable to get any clip shot at 23.976 to display correct timecode in the newest Premiere version.

Attached screenshots of timecode in Premiere project and original xml from camera.

Adobe Premiere Version…

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. CC2019 Keeps forgetting Window Layout on Open. Even Legacy Titles Window Layout Won't Stay the Same.

Every time I open Premiere Pro CC2019, My window layout is different from my normal saved layout. Also, the Legacy Title layout will not remember the last state. All tool windows are closed upon open, no matter the state when closed.

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Thumbnails keep re-loading and slowing the program down

As far as I can tell, this isn't a bug. It's just the way the program handles the thumbnails in the timeline for some reason. If I zoom out on the timeline and then zoom back in, the thumbnails have disappeared and have to re-load. And everytime they have to re-load, the program slows down a little. I can't playback as well until the thumbnails are all finished loading. Is there no way that the thumbnails can just load when I open the project and STAY loaded?

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Delete proxy files

In long form projects, proxies can take up an ENORMOUS amount of space. Once a project is complete, and ready for long term / archival storage, it would be great to be able to delete proxies quickly and efficiently.

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Set camera order in Multiclips

I'd like the ability to designate specific cameras to sync to specified track when creating multi clips. When making batches of multi clips, it's clear that the first camera rolling goes on V1, I'd rather be able to get "Cam A" to go to V1, Cam B to V2 and so on. I'm sure there's a way for this to be achieved even if I need to inform Premiere which clips come from which cameras...

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. The search bins function is broken a lot of the time with larger projects

The search function is incredibly unreliable when using larger projects (where you need searching the most).

The search box is constantly greyed out and when it's not it doesn't let you type for more than 3 or 4 letters without deselecting the search box with "live" results, then resulting in you hitting different shortcuts under the impression that you're still typing in the search field.

It's incredibly messy and needs an overhaul, search functions are integral for any large project where descriptions are used.

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Why is 12.1.1 importing footage in incorrect orientations?!

I have ProRes 4444 footage shot 3200x1800 on Arri Alexa coming into CC 2018 12.1.1 upside down and in portrait. In CC 2017 and every other editing software, they are all correct. What is going on over there? How do these bugs keep happening!?

It just keeps getting worse and I'm about to start suggesting our company find new editing software.

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Program Monitor bug that makes Premiere Pro unusable

The program monitor is not showing work. Only a solid black or white box is visible. It also gets permanently cropped when resized until restart. This is a very serious bug that is causing Premiere Pro to be unusable. Same applies when view your project in full screen (Ctrl+`)

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Default Marker Colors

allow users to change the default color of comment and clip markers

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)