Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Simplify/Improve Proxy Workflows

The number of hoops to jump through to get proxies up and running can be quite cumbersome and difficult to explain to newer users.

-Exit Premiere and open Media Encoder
    -First create an encode preset for your file,
    -Then create a separate "ingest preset" and nest that encode preset inside the ingest preset.
    -Save that, but Premiere Pro is ignorant of this so you have to "Export" this preset to some place on your hard drive
    -Open Premiere and then load your ingest preset.
    (not sure why this can't just auto populate with all your media encoder ingest presets... also…

25 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

6 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Zoom to mouse on timeline (Alt + Scroll) Broken

In Windows 10, the Alt + Scroll functionality is broken. Depending on your display scale settings (100%, 150% etc) Premiere won't register the proper position of your mouse and will scroll to a completely different part of the timeline.

I'm using a 4K Monitor which is scaled to 150% so that text isn't super tiny. Premiere doesn't like this. It will only work properly if your scale settings are set to 100% and you restart your system. If your system boots with a default setting of anything other than 100%, it breaks. It just seems like it's not taking into…

25 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Bug Report (Crash): Pr2020 (14.0 and 14.0.1) - Premiere Pro could not find any capable video play modules (OSX, MacPro 2013 with Dual D500)

PR Pro 2020 suddenly stopped working (as of January 15 2020).
    It shows the splash screen and goes through some loading stuff (very, very, very slowly).
    Finally an error message pops up saying „Premiere Pro could not find any capable video play modules…..“ and crashes.

I already tried resetting caches and preferences, reset the NVRAM and PRAM, removed every single plugin I had, uninstalled and reinstalled PR but to no avail.

I have PR Pro 2019 installed alongside and it is working just fine (lucky for me I could downgrade some of my PR projects so I could continue working…

22 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Make proxies automatically get the correct aspect ratio

When proxies have a different aspect ratio from the original, it creates all kinds of problems when scaling, aligning and positioning clips.

It seems like in 2018 it should be possible for Premiere to read the aspect ratio of each original clip, and auto-match it.

21 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. dvaaudiofilterscan

On Mac 10.14.5 with latest Premiere CC there is an app called "dvaaudiofilterscan" in the Dock that cannot be removed and also prevents from shutting down the Mac regularly, please fix this!

20 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Read Acquisition Metadata for clips from Sony cameras

Sony cameras store things like color gamma in a section of metadata called "Acquisition Metadata." This info does not show up anywhere in Premiere's metadata display. Please read in this info and make it available. It is very time consuming to have to look it up for each clip in Sony's Catalyst Browse software.

19 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Please give back possibility to install older versions of Premiere Pro (cc2014, CC2015)!!!

Sometimes it's necessary to use an older version, and users need the possibility to install older versions for example because newer versions make problems, a plugin is not available or is not working in newer versions or because you work together with people using older versions. There's reasons enough to work with older Versions. So please give us users back the possibility to install CC2014 and CC2015 again

18 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Set to Frame Size is inaccurate

The Set to Frame Size command is tremendously helpful in my workflow. But it's always too small by about 1%, leaving the edges of the track below showing through. Please fix!

18 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Overexposed parts of video blacked out

This happened seemingly out of nowhere. I was watching back the final edit of a project when all of the overexposed portions of the video were blacked out. I have no idea what caused it or how to fix it. See attached screenshot.

For reference, I am working on a 2015 Macbook Pro on High Sierra 10.13.6. Video was shot on a Fuji X-T3 camera, 4k 24fps, 400 mbps, 4:2:0 10 bit, H.265 files. I used Apple ProRes proxies at 720p. The blacking out was not present when I started (and finished) editing. It came up during final playback, at…

17 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Implement an option to keep partially rendered files

It would be helpful if you could keep partial render files when you cancel the render progress. Losing the “whole” progress can be very frustrating. Sometimes you just want to see the first few seconds of an effect to see if it has the impact you wished for.

16 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Spell checker like every other Adobe Product

on screen spelling alert...like other adobe applications

16 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. No file size limit for Creative Cloud

There is a limit of 5 GB per file on Creative Cloud. This is ridiculous taking into consideration that using proxy team project workflow it's very easy to surpass that limit. Please do something about it.

16 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Colour label tracks

As well as displaying user-configurable labels, one should be able to colour-code the backgrounds of each track including the headers.

16 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. "Delete Tracks" Command Should Have Both "Delete Audio" & "Video" Tracks Checked Off By Default, OR A Remember Settings Option

By default, the default “Delete Tracks” dialog box should have both the Audio and Video Checkboxes marked off for the “Delete Empty Tracks” option, OR have an option to “remember settings”. This is the most commonly used scenario for using this Dialog box, and it would speed up the workflow having it.

Thank you

15 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Save Version

I'd like to suggest a new Save Version option both as a keyboard shortcut and under the File menu.

This would function similar to Save a Copy, with some exceptions. First, the Save Version command would start with a normal Save operation on the currently highlighted project. (Colored tabs for different open projects makes this easier.)

Next, while Save a Copy opens a Windows dialog for the user to set a name and location, the save location for Save Version would be preset in the Project Settings, and the file name would be the current project name, an underscore, the…

15 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Built-in option to delete media cache

There's a lot of problems where "delete your media cache" is the suggestion. There should be an option within Premiere to fully clear the cache rather than having to do it from Finder/Explorer.

14 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. STOP BREAKING PRPROJ Files.

STOP BREAKING SUPPORT EACH VERSION FOR PRPROJ FILES. STOP. STOP. STOP. There is no reason each update should require prproj files to ONLY work in the new version.

This is ridiculous, I like to update my premiere to the latest update as software usually speeds up but in the case of premiere each update breaks your files, slows down, had new featured FORCED in, let us move our files back to older versions and interoperate THIS WAY.

This is maddening.

14 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Waveform in Source Monitor

Give me the option of viewing the waveform for a piece of video launched in the source monitor.

14 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. chrome os

Please create full versions for Linux.

13 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. The archiving / project manager function should be revised.

The archiving function should be improved. With smaller projects it works quite well, however, as soon as the projects get bigger and the most different kind of footage in the project is it sometimes does not work at all with consolidation. Clips are no longer trimmed correctly, I can't choose codecs for different source material. Why should I convert an H264 codec to a DNxHD just because the rest is converted to DNxHD.
    It would be ideal if the existing codec were only cut with handles and not converted into another codec. H264 becomes H264, .r3d becomes .r3d, ProRes becomes…

13 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base