Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. In to Out of timeline length in Metadate Display

Hi, I would like to see the length of my scenes in the Project Managers window thats based on my in and out markers.

All the others measure the length to my last clip on the timeline.
    This is an issue because I store extra and unused clips at the end of my time line. So it adds more time to the length of my timeline even if the in outs are on the edit itself in the timeline.

I would like to see the length of scenes quickly by looking at them in the bin.
    Thank you

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Multi-proccess

Make premiere multi process, like with sub processes and with processes dedicated to certain jobs.
    Making premiere multi process can also improve stability , as if let's say an effects process crashed, if premiere was multi process the entire program wouldn't crash, as compared if it was only 1 process
    Also, there may be some performance benefits too, but the main advantage is stability

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. nearest neighbor video upscaling for retro gaming (nes snes genesis ps1 atari gameboy ds etc)

Nearest neighbor video upscale for retro gaming (nes snes genesis ps1 atari gameboy ds etc)

ive been using premier pro for 10 years and it would be a nice feature to have select able upscaling option next to the standard video scale controls. right now premier only does bicubic scaling. nearest neighbor would allow any 2d sprite based game to to be pixel perfect instead of blurry. ive tried paid for 3rd party software plug ins but it just doesn't work. so having this feature naively would be really useful for any one making videos with old video game footage…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. FX Badge Board Shortcut

General workflow would improve if there was an option to assign FX Badge switches on the timeline to keyboard shortcuts. For example, switching between opacity and time-remapping at the moment requires you to right click on the fx badge, navigate to the desired adjustment in the drop down menu and select it. For editors who use speed ramping transition often, a shortcut would be very useful.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Help users calibrate either Premiere or their screen for better color accuracy

We've noticed significant color variations between what Premiere shows in the preview and what is rendered out. This issue seems most prevalent on our newer iMac screens. Got in touch with Adobe support about it, only to be pointed to a forum post with a variety of disputed answers. The fact that there doesn't seem to be a concrete solution to this issue from Adobe is very frustrating. We are working on getting our monitors calibrated, but Having Premiere include some sort of tutorial/wizard to properly configure color or at least a warning to users about the discrepancies would be…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Three-Way Color Corrector GUI Issue

Hey Guys,
    Spotted a GUI issue with Three-Way Color Corrector.
    Saturation control ¾ hidden by Tonal Range Definition Sliders. In order to see it complete would need to disclose the Tonal Range Definition menu and then the Show Tonal Range box seems to be oddly placed.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Landing screen doesn't scale properly when changing monitor in a dual monitor setup

Dual monitor setup: macbook pro 15" and 34" dell.
    When I launch PrPro, it shows on my 15". I slide the landing screen over to the 34" monitor and things get displayed in the bottom left corner (see screenshot)

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Bug with long file names in Premiere Pro

I am running WIndows 10. Some files in my projects have a path and filename that is changed from the real name to a MS-DOS- style 8 character name, causing problems when bringing back a project from backup.

An exampele of weird file name and path making it impossible to find the file for me when manually doing Locate Media:
    I:\SKATIL~4\INGRAM~1\VIDEOH~1\VID56A~1.MP4

This is the real file path:
    I:\Ska till filmdrives - Råmaterial\Ingram Micro - San Sebastian 190920pm\Videohive\videoblocks-close-up-shot-of-rearview-or-sideview-mirror-of-convertible-or-cabriolet-red-car-reflect-sunset-sunshine-light-while-drive-in-amazing-scenery-concept-summer-vacation-holiday-and-inspirational-travel_roz.mp4

While testing I found that Premiere Pro does this change when the file path is longer that 255-260 characters.

Unfortunately the 8 character…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Nomenclature - Transmit

In Preference>Playback it's listed as "enable mercury transmit"

In Keyboard Shortcuts it's listed as "enable transmit" (so if you search for "enalbe mercury transmit" you will find nothing, because the search is very literal)

But actually, the command you can use in Keyboard Shortcuts is a toggle, not an enable.

Pick a nomenclature and stick with it.

(There's probably other examples of this.)

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Be able to open multiple documents at once!

I’m editing an entire documentary and made a document of cuts, assuming I could just copy and paste them into a second document when I’m ready, like I would with photoshop but instead I have to close the document and start all over in the new one. Having 2 documents open at once would make this so much easier!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. give us the ability to choose where and what version of Premiere Rush and Premiere pro

The idea is to allow us to choose where to install the programs and the ability to change what versions we install.

Example 1: i have my operating system installed on the primary drive and all programs installed on external/internal drives so i can reduce data loss if the main drive goes down. being forced to reinstall the software if available.(see example 2)could be difficult if my operating system is not up to current versions

Example 2: i use windows 7 so being able to install the latest version for windows 7 would help us who cant upgrade our operating…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. BUG: Clip disappears when being dragged

BUG: Clip disappears when being dragged

You drag a clip in the timeline and it disappears. This occurs while editing, making it impossible to slide clips accurately in place next to each other. Restarting the program fixes the issue.

Constant reliability issues keep making Premiere Pro much less than a professional solution. Irritating to no end.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Overexposed parts of video blacked out

This happened seemingly out of nowhere. I was watching back the final edit of a project when all of the overexposed portions of the video were blacked out. I have no idea what caused it or how to fix it. See attached screenshot.

For reference, I am working on a 2015 Macbook Pro on High Sierra 10.13.6. Video was shot on a Fuji X-T3 camera, 4k 24fps, 400 mbps, 4:2:0 10 bit, H.265 files. I used Apple ProRes proxies at 720p. The blacking out was not present when I started (and finished) editing. It came up during final playback, at…

17 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Bug: timecode is not accurate upon import

The way that Premiere reads timecode seems to have been broken in 13.0.0 and 13.0.1.

I have DNxHR LB clips in the MXF OP1a container that were created in DaVinci Resolve Studio 15.0.

When I import these clips into Premiere Pro 13.0.0 or 13.0.1, the timecode is being read wrong--arbitrarily about 1.5 minutes off.

The workaround I have is to go into the "Modify" menu and manually change the starting timecode of the clip back to the correct starting timecode.

This seems to be a bug that was introduced in 13.0.0 and still hasn't been fixed in 13.0.1.

I have…

49 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Speech Analysis

Please bring Speech Analysis back. It's ok that it's not perfect, but this would help so much with long interviews and talking head shots.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add live streaming as a feature

Can you add live streaming as a feature/option for Premiere Pro? Right now Adobe does not have any tools for live streaming video.

If Premiere pro can capture the live video, it should be able to stream it on any social media platform.

This for me would be a game changer

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Login is garbage

Forcing me to login, especially when I'm working on a laptop and do not have Internet access available is total garbage. Please provide some kind of workaround so I don't get stuck in the field with a system that won't operate because of your ridiculous login policies. That, or provide a version like you used to that could be purchased along the way. I use premiere and photoshop in the field and just can't always log in. You can do better, and I cannot recommend your CC service to anyone because of this horrible shortcoming.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Recovered Clips Bin Keeps Appearing with Clips from Other Bins Moved To It

This happened both on Premiere Pro 2020 and on the previous version. I constantly have the Recovered Clips bin being generated with clips I had previously imported and used whenever I have to close and re-load a project (usually I have to do this when there are GUI bugs that are only fixed by closing and re-opening.) Given that these clips were imported and then used in the sequence and often placed in a specific bin, I find it annoying that they are moved out of the bin I placed them in to put them in a "Recovered Clips" bin.…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Nepalese Language Support

Despite offering several fonts capable of supporting Nepalese language, these ARE NOT implemented correctly and Nepalese text CANNOT be written in Adobe Premiere Pro. This is a serious issue of equity for the Nepalese community living both in Nepal and abroad.
    It seems that Adobe Premiere Pro already supports Unicode, and the unicode fonts (eg: Mangal, Preeti, Devanagari New Nepali) seem to be active on Premiere Pro already... so I hope this could be a fix within scope of Adobe.

Work-arounds that have been tried:
    - copy and pasting from various text editors (that correctly display Nepali text) = text…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 6 8 10 28 29
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base