Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add Suffix/Prefix support for attatching proxy material

I'm currently working on a docuseries and am dealing with large batches of proxies for an offline edit. it would be great to streamline the workflow for attaching them.

My issue is that my proxy files live in a separate folder from my hi-res media, and have a suffix of "_P". When attaching media in batches Premiere processes as quickly as possible when you can select match by 'File Name', but because all of my proxy material has the suffix - the media won't automatically attach in batches with that method.

Instead I can select match by 'file extension' and…

3 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Overlays (in WindowsOS version) are TERRIBLE

A preamble...how about an "interface" category?

I work on both Mac and Windows OS versions of PPro.

The overlays on the Mac version are in a nice, anti-aliased font, and are generally always readable, even in low-contrast or busy-background situations.

The Windows version? I have to crane my neck and put my nose right up to the monitor, like some little old Mr. Magoo, just to read them. The font is computer-industrial butt ugly (some janky version of Geneva), aliased as ****, and sometimes impossible to read.

Thank you.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. FORMAL COMPLAINT TO ADOBE PREMIERE PRO

I'm not expecting to have my problem resolved because I know that you guys at Adobe don't care. I have been a paid user of the Creative Cloud Suite since 2016. I am a video creator that uses Premiere Pro as their primary tool to edit videos and all the other tools that Adobe has to compliment my video workflow.
    I think that the program it's a very powerful editor when it works, but I don't know why it's getting worse and worse with each upgrade, and it's just getting super frustrating. It's not a cheap subscription to have, and…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Add solo option to video layers!

add the option to solo video layers like you can solo audio layers

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Relink from proxy to .MXF

I generally work with ProRes proxy files during the editing of 4K material. These files were made with Adobe Media Encoder and have the same filename as the original clips except for the filetype extension.

When the project is locked and I want to switch to the original files I move the proxy files to a different location so on opening I get the "Link Media" requester to batch-relink the now missing clips to the original 4K clips.

When I point to a .MXF file when the (proxy)clip had the audio-tracks removed in the timeline, I get the error as…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Better project management

We often need to collect the project for transfering or archiving purposes. When collecting - all assets will be collected in one folder which is a bit messy....it would be great if files can be collected in 2 ways:
    - following the Premiere project bin structure
    Or
    - following the folder structure on hard drive
    That would help us a lot in keeping the collected projects organized.

223 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Timeline Freezing Bug

Timeline freezing in project in Premiere 2020. My project consists of about 50 shots from a RED camera. I proxied everything into ProRes files. Everything was working fine until I started to work on the edit, after a while the timeline freezes. If I click out of the timeline and then back into, I can make changes, but I dont see the ends of the clips when moving or cutting things, its all invisible. Once the change is made the timeline updates, but nothing is snapping. After a few edits I can no longer select any clips or do anything…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Losing render files

Just gonna start posting about this as often as I can until it's fixed. There's many many complaints about this in the forums. If you need more details on what the problem is, just read any of them.

A professional editing program should NOT be losing render files. Please fix it.

53 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

39 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Premiere Pro to be able to read the line height from the XML/SRT file, able to preserve the properties from the imported file.

Currently the subtitle file imports but the line height properties are not retained. If the subtitling line height are still intact will be good so we do not have to manually adjust.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. BUG: Mouse disappears at random

It's not just Lumetri or captioning that causes the mouse to disappear. It seems to happen to some people and not to others. I work at a place with 12 editors and half of them are having this issue where the mouse disappears for some reason. The mouse works fine, it's still there, under Premiere, working like a charm in Finder and every other application. ADOBE, PLEASE FIX THIS!!!

Mac Pro (Late 2013)
    3.5 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5
    16 GB 1866 MHz DDR3 ECC
    AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB

81 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Optical Flow - Interlaced footage BUG

Since upgrading to Premiere Pro 2020, slowing down footage using optical flow on Interlaced footage doesn't work properly.

Scenario:

Interlaced clip - Slow down an interlaced clip to 10% speed with optical flow and it stutters on playback and is un-usable.

Progressive clip - works fine

Interlaced clip embedded in a progressive sequence. Slow down progressive sequence - seems to work.

Works fine on Premiere CC 2019 using the same clips etc. Interlaced and Progressive slow down no problems!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Duplicate Detection for Photos in Premier

hi there,

firstly the flurry of windows, sign ins and wild goose chases just to get to a feedback form was disgusting. Tip 1, make this less work for me.

Second, I need duplicate detection on photos on the timeline. This is important both of documentary work as well as basic blocking out of shots in rough edits. I have 100+phtos from client, an intense 15 minute timeline with a LOT of cuts, and I come back to a project after 2 weeks on another job, I have ZERO clue as to which of the generic photos of their trash…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Use This Word, Numbskulls

I don't see the word Publish or Produce anywhere which is pretty clear what you want to do. I've looked everywhere on every menu and do not see anything that suggests how you do this. Really, you guys make the big money to make this software and you CANNOT see the logic in using either of those two words for when you've finished --> Publish And that's what to do next. Wow!!!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Multicam window in second monitor

I would like the multicam window to be able to appear full screen in my second monitor. I have attached a screen shot of how this looks in Premiere CS 5.5. The resolution of the multicam window is very low because I dragged the window to the second monitor and expanded it to fill the screen. I still edit in CS 5.5 because I find this layout to be more useful than the multicam layout in the CC versions of Premiere.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. We need a new DVD Authoring software

This is very annoying for someone who does not have any way of accessing adobe encore, but could have if I had this project in mind about 1 year earlier. It's a shame because at the moment there is absolutely no other way to make a dvd unless I get an alternative software not from Adobe. Which costs about a hundred dollars.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Auto Reframe (feedback)

Great new feature but want to suggest some things to improve it in the future.

Auto Reframe Sequence needs a batch option so with one click it makes a sequence for each aspect ratio.

Also would be beneficial to have the option to set or sync your original 16:9 sequence as a master so that when you have to re-edit or "tweak" the linked sequences (1:1, 9:16) automatically re run the Auto Reframe.

Also the default naming should be customizable as windows hates/won't allow you to make files with ":" in the name so you have to rename your sequences…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Proxies frequently missing audio

BUG report.

Taken footage with Canon GX10, Zoom H4N field recorder, plugged in to 2 line outs from a pro mixing desk, and using the onboard mics, DJI Osmo Pocket action cam.

This gives me 2 video tracks and 5 audio tracks, which I will need to sync up on a timeline, and then I can start to mix and cut.

I use proxies, as it's 4k footage, and I use the audio sync feature on the timeline.

Except... 1 in 5 clips has no audio in the proxy.

The original plays fine in PP and in VLC
    The proxy…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Keyframes that stick to in and out of shot

It would be great when you trim/roll out or in a clip that the keyframe stay stuck to the first and last frame. That way you don't have to roll out a shot and then go back into the effects controls to drag the keyframe back to the ending everytime.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Last update lags

Since the last update of Premiere I am encoutering a lot of lags and bugs using premiere on all my computers...Please find what make it so and solve the problem.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Enable Linear Time Code (LTC) Sync - Example: Audio LTC from TentacleSync

I use TentacleSync to generate LTC on multiple cameras, recorded to audio track. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE enable Premiere Pro to read/sync from this LTC.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base