Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Default Marker Colors

allow users to change the default color of comment and clip markers

8 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Capture live video from a webcam

A lot of Youtubers use Premiere Pro to create talking head videos.
    I capture the sound straight to the sound track using Voice-Over record but sadly there is no option to capture video.
    Currently my work-around that a lot of Youtubers also do is to use some other capture software like Screenflow, then exporting it as MP4 and then importing the clip into Premiere Pro. I have attached a screenshot of the Screenflow capture screen where it captures video and sound. Premiere Pro is a superior software to anything out there currently. This add on would make a world of…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Premiere Pro 14.3.0, Build 38; Timeline does not appear at first when opening project, cannot scrub the timeline when it does appear, W

seems to have happened with the latest update, Windows 10, 32 GB Ram, I-9-9900K CPU @@ 3.60 GHz; Dell Precision 3630 tower, 64 bit OS

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. fix time remapping ppro2017-ppro2020

Time remapping is broken in 3 ways (in order of show-stoppingness)

1. In ppro2020 windows Cuda playback of time remapped footage that has been interpreted to a new framerate is borked:

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/40471309-bug-time-remapping-interpreted-footage-14-2

1. From ~2019 onwards, time-remapped footage will ignore optical flow settings. You used to be able to create beautifully smooth speedramps with this. Not since 2018.

2. Time-remapping nested sequences (especially if the sequence contains either more than one video track, or any sort of edit) results in the premature showing of black before the sequence should end

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/34384855-bug-report-time-remap-of-nested-sequence-results

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. The window control buttons periodically disappear.

This happens both in Premiere Pro and in After Effect.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Program causes computer to randomly, and repeatedly shut down

Premiere will cause my computer to randomly shut off and restart while working on projects. Computer is continually plugged in and power supply does not fluctuate (or else the computer would not be able to start up in the first place) This only happens when using Premiere, and makes it almost impossible to get my work out on time. I have looked through the forums and taken all of the suggestions that I have been able to find to no avail; just a slower program that will randomly shuts of my desktop about every 15-30 minutes. I've seen several reports…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Timeline Freezing Bug

Timeline freezing in project in Premiere 2020. My project consists of about 50 shots from a RED camera. I proxied everything into ProRes files. Everything was working fine until I started to work on the edit, after a while the timeline freezes. If I click out of the timeline and then back into, I can make changes, but I dont see the ends of the clips when moving or cutting things, its all invisible. Once the change is made the timeline updates, but nothing is snapping. After a few edits I can no longer select any clips or do anything…

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Default opening productions project to read-only mode

In my experience 9 times out of 10 when an editor is opening a Productions, it's to read media and just work from it, but if no one else already has it in read-write mode, then when they open it, they're automatically in read-write even though they don't need to be. So, when someone actually DOES need to write to a project, it's a whole thing to request them to switch to read-only.

Or at least give the option to set the default behavior.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Ability to create Multiple Sequences from Multiple Clips

Just like After Effects, when you Create a new sequence from multiple clips, premiere should offer the option to either:
    A) Single sequence with all selected clips (current functionality)
    B) One sequence per clip (requested functionality)

26 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Replacing missing footage - Images and Image sequences

When replacing missing footage-

Premiere needs to replace single images - with single images
    and replace Image sequences - with image sequences.

Currently, it will automatically detect this, leading to disasters in re-locating footage off of camera rolls and CG image sequences

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. BUG: Replacing Reversed footage loses proper time

If I have a have a clip in the timeline that is trimmed and reversed,
    Replacing the clip with an identically timed one, the start and end point change..!

I work with CG and am constantly updating clips. This needs to be fixed.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Compare Sequences

Open two sequences, and in the timeline window be able to right click and select "Compare sequences". After pressing that, all the clips/files/FX that are the same are greyed out, everything that's different is highlighted white. Then you can click anywhere on the timeline window and it returns to normal editing.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Premiere won't start until my NAS is up

Premiere Pro (regardless of version, 2019 or 2020) hangs at the splash screen indefinitely until I boot my NAS.
    I'm using Windows 10 and have my NAS mapped as a network drive Z:.
    My NAS automatically shuts down after being inactive for a while to save energy. I only use it for backing up, Premiere NEVER accesses it to read or write data

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. screens with 1366x768 cannot see some options, can you putt a scroll bar or resize windows option?

I am working with a notebook that has a max screen resolution of 1366x768 and i cannot use some options because the pop up window doesnt let me see the "OK" button so i can make changes effective. (i am trying to modify audio (right click on the clip, modify, audio channel). I have been Reading that is not an uncommon problema. Can you do something about this?? Scroll bar or modify Windows size should be fine!!! Thanks

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Bug Premiere Pro 2020 14.3.0

Some shortcuts sometimes do not work unless I restart the software.

Examples I've noticed (on macOS Catalina 10.15.5) :

Full screen : control+`
    Zoom to sequence : \
    Toggle view : shift + \

I verified that everything chosen was correct. : keyboard's language, ...
    It seems to be a problem related to this version because even after uninstalling & reinstalling Premiere Pro, I still have the problem sometimes.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I no longer see the DV capture option after upgrading to Catalina. I only see HDV. Please fix.

In Premier, I no longer see the DV capture option after upgrading to Catalina. I only see HDV. Please fix.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I was just checking in to see if the Covid-era Creative Cloud licenses for schools would be extended beyond July 6th?

We're about to start our summer programming which will continue under distance learning conditions through the end of August. I know the Covid-era program was designed to help students continue their work at home and I was hoping these licenses would be extended but I haven't seen any information about this. Any information would be greatly appreciated as we roll out our summer offerings. Many thanks and be in touch...

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Essential graphics frequently activates timeline tool commands instead if typing characters

Often when typing in copy into an essential graphics window it instead activates a command and starts actions on the timeline, which can be distracting frustrating and a waste of time, it also leaves room for unintended errors as you work. Can the bugs be worked out of essential graphics in the next update?

It looks like you're trying to phase out Legacy title for some reason, I loved that tool but it's been broken for several updates. Why do you leave things unfinished? Can you fix the Legacy title bug where every time you open it it starts with…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Thousands of project files - need to fix media management and sequence and bin sharing.

I'm dealing with thousands of project files when I should only be using one. There is no easy way to share or send a sequence or bin, it's a conveluted process that can take a long time and is clunky. It should be simple, like it is in Avid. Sharing a bin or several sequences is as simple as copying a bin file and pasting it in the respective folder and it immediately appears. Can something be done about doing something as commonplace as sharing a sequence? Something within P.Pro, not "Shared Projects." Multiple editors working on one project is…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Adobe premiere rush is not compatible with Samsung Tablets.

Adobe premiere rush is not compatible with Samsung Tablets. Its still shame for Adobe not to introduce it to Samsung Tablets

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base