Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Capture live video from a webcam

A lot of Youtubers use Premiere Pro to create talking head videos.
    I capture the sound straight to the sound track using Voice-Over record but sadly there is no option to capture video.
    Currently my work-around that a lot of Youtubers also do is to use some other capture software like Screenflow, then exporting it as MP4 and then importing the clip into Premiere Pro. I have attached a screenshot of the Screenflow capture screen where it captures video and sound. Premiere Pro is a superior software to anything out there currently. This add on would make a world of…

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Premiere "edit in Photoshop" option can not save PNG files: ERROR "file in use"

Open Premiere and Photoshop.
    Work on a VIDEO in PREMIERE PRO that has a PNG file in it. Go to the media BIN in PREMIERE, right click the PNG file, select "edit in photoshop", edit the image, click on SAVE in Photoshop.

ERROR: says "can not save image, in use by other program".

Yea... its in use. Thats the whole point of "edit in photoshop" option, so I dont have to close premiere just to edit an image.

Platform: Windows 10, Up to date everything

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Nest Rename Bug PP2020

Renaming a nest (from parent timeline, project manager or sequence properties) is reflected in the top level UI but dragging the nest clip in and around a timeline reveals the original name which is also used in the FCP XML export.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Toggle audio and video individual target tracks not working

In the keyboard shortcuts screen there appear to be options for assigning Toggle Target behaviors for both audio and video targets 1-8, individually assigned. By default they are not assigned. I have assigned Toggle Video Target 1 to Command+1, Target 2 to Command+2, etc., up through Video Target 8. Likewise I have used Option+1 through Option+8 for toggling audio targets. But when I save and return to editing the customization is not functioning. Customization is functioning properly for some other assignments I made. Seems to be a bug.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Premiere Pro 2020 export frame bug still not fixed

I reported this bug in Premiere Pro when the 2020 version was released and after a few updates the problem remains....
    When you create a still frame (export frame) and drag it back into the timeline it is a different lighting to the original.(lighter)
    This has never happened in any other version of Premiere Pro as I have to do this all of the time.
    It means I have to continue using the 2019 version so it would be great if someone could look at this
    Many thanks

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Timecode data display not on image

I want to be able to see the timecode, sequence and overlay data continuously but NOT on top of the image. If the overlay data could be displayed on the frame of the Program window and leave the image pristine, that would be an improvement.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Option to permanently disable "Selection Follows Playhead"

In Premiere Pro 2020 any clip gets automatically selected when the playhead is moved over it. That is absolutely driving me up the wall, as it totally does not work for my workflow because I often need to be able to select clips that are not directly underneath the playhead. I understand that I can turn off that feature by unchecking the "Selection Follows Playhead" option in the Sequence menu, but what's really frustrating is that I have to do that every single time I open any project. Ughhh I hate that feature so much! Please include a very simple…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. List version number, including patch next to applications

It would be helpful to show the complete version number next to or under the applications in Creative Cloud and in Windows search.

For instance, rather than Just showing "Premiere Pro 2020," "Premiere Pro 2020 14.01" would alert users of the version and patch number at a glance.

The same information should be prominently displayed in the loading pop-up window for each application. Honestly, we can't even see which plugins are loading because they appear and disappear so quickly, but something fundamental and helpful, like the version number, is nowhere to be found.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Premier Pro 2020 does not run while crashing during loading.

Premier Pro 2020 does not run while crashing during loading.Premier Pro 2020 does not run while crashing during loading. And a message pops up. The content is "Premiere Pro could not find any capable video play modules. Please update your video display drivers and start again."

My computer is Mac Pro 2019. The OS uses Catalina. The graphics card is dual-using AMD Radeon Pro Vega II 32 GB.

I've seen several opinions on the internet and found that this isn't just a problem for me. I want to update the graphics driver like a popup message but I am not…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. project manager bug - premiere 2020

In adobe premiere 2020, when I want to export project via project manager, from the source file which I have made several cuts (in & out) in the source monitor panel and drag it in bin, adobe premiere 2020 makes copy of source file as many as cuts I had made. For example, if I had cut a 1gb film into 3 parts it copies the file 3 times and the exported file size turns into 3gb. However in adobe premiere 2018, it only copies source file once and does not make several copy of it.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Show disc will be full BEFORE encoding.

I just waited 90 minutes for a video to encode. It had 10 minutes to go then I got an error message. "Your disc is full" it says. Then it spits out whatever video it encoded so far, with a big chunk missing. In other words, it's useless.

We desperately need a window to pop up BEFORE we begin the encoding process, not DURING. By then it's too late.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Version 14.1 is not generating the auto save files on Windows version.

Version 14.1 is not generating the auto save files on Windows version.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Dynamic link CC 2020 broken

I'm chiming in with my Dynamic Link issues. Seems like it's a problem for many others, but mine is slightly different from what I've read from others.

I created a dynamically linked AE comp from within PPro. Made my animation in AE, and it looked fine in PPro. Closed the project for the night, and came back this morning and for the linked AE comps, PPro says the media is missing. If I right click on the clip and click "Edit Original", nothing happens. No errors, just nothing.

I can open the comp directly in AE. I tried to export…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. make the audio work, I have no audio

I would like the audio to work,

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Version 14.1.0 (build 116) has a BUG

My legacy titles are suddenly causing this error message whenever I play the sequence: "A low-level exception occurred in: Adobe Player (Player:6)"

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. The Drop Shadow Effect.

Make it part of the attributes, like Motion, Opacity, Time Remapping.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Legacy titler back!

Bring back Legacy Titler! There are some things ESP can't do!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. PrePro: SAVE DOWN to older versions

We should be able to save down to the last version of the software and here's why.

• RISK: installing and working only from the latest version of adobe software is very risky with all the hidden bugs that happen every major update.

• FILE SHARING: not everyone takes said risk and works to the latest update.

• FILE RECOVERY: like the situation I'm in now, I worked 20 hours on a project that only now will crash every time it's opened. I have a minute which would be long enough to save a file but is not workable.

•…

96 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. No Bug reports on the bug reports page

So you've wasted an hour of my life because autosave is a pile of ****, and premiere just quit without even waving goodbye, and now you've also wasted another 10 minutes of it, because you can't even get it together to put a bug report link on the page that is literally described as the bug report page. Is there any wonder that we have more and more animosity towards adobe?

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base