Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Thousands of project files - need to fix media management and sequence and bin sharing.

I'm dealing with thousands of project files when I should only be using one. There is no easy way to share or send a sequence or bin, it's a conveluted process that can take a long time and is clunky. It should be simple, like it is in Avid. Sharing a bin or several sequences is as simple as copying a bin file and pasting it in the respective folder and it immediately appears. Can something be done about doing something as commonplace as sharing a sequence? Something within P.Pro, not "Shared Projects." Multiple editors working on one project is…

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Adobe premiere rush is not compatible with Samsung Tablets.

Adobe premiere rush is not compatible with Samsung Tablets. Its still shame for Adobe not to introduce it to Samsung Tablets

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Show existing keyboard shortcuts in all context menus, next to the menu item.

Please please do this. It teaches users keyboard shortcuts as they use the app. Final Cut has this everywhere. Premiere only has it for top menu bar items - not for context menu items, which is where most actions are taken. I have to look up the keyboard shortcut each time I want one - that's kind of ridiculous. See Premiere vs FCPX comparison below. Big time saver!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Ability to create Multiple Sequences from Multiple Clips

Just like After Effects, when you Create a new sequence from multiple clips, premiere should offer the option to either:
    A) Single sequence with all selected clips (current functionality)
    B) One sequence per clip (requested functionality)

21 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. There seems to be a persistent and consistent compatibility issue with Pr either with Ae or with media encoder

Please fix your persistent and consistent compatibility issues between Pr and Ae or with media encoder... seems to come up every time you have updates. I've turned off the automatic updates to avoid this, and it still crops up.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Proper Tagging System

Premiere needs to have a proper tagging system for clips. Tracking the tags you create so you can ensure you are reusing them. Editing those Tag names incase of spelling errors or you want to call it something else. Adding tags to groups of clips that might already have different tags, but keeping those original tags.
    The current way of tagging then using smart bins, is kind of a hack to get it to work. Doing something similar to FCPX or Resolve would make organizing and managing footage so much easier and flexible. It's really one of the biggest things…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Bug scripting getFootageInterpretation -> setFootageInterpretation

This works in premiere pro 2019 and does no longer work in 2020:
    Something changed in Object FootageInterpretation?
    code:

var interp = myFootage.getFootageInterpretation();
    interp.frameRate =75;
    myFootage.setFootageInterpretation(interp);

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Bug Report - Frame Export from Program Monitor: Broken

My idea is for you to fix the broken Frame Export functionality.

What's happening: I want to export a still of the timeline; I park the playhead and click the "Frame Export" button in the Program window. The dialogue box pops up, and lets me choose options for location/format/etc. I click 'OK', and the box closes. When I navigate to the folder the image was supposed to be exported to, it's empty -- Premiere ****** the bed and didn't do what it was supposed to have.

What I expect to happen: a still image to be created in the selected…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Release Adobe Rush for Google Pixel 4 / 4XL

Adobe Pixel 4 and 4XL are flagship phones that have been out quite a while now. It is extremely frustrating to not have Adobe Rush available on them. Please make it compatible and available on Google Play for these phones.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Cannot browse local files on macOS Catalina 10.15.2 with Premiere Pro 2020

Hey all,
    For some reason, I cannot browse files when attempting to select a location on my computer to place my project, import files, etc.

This has only become a problem since updating to macOS Catalina. Has anyone else experienced this problem? The buttons just don't function. I've attempted deleting and redownloading premiere, updating, trying Premiere Pro 2019, restarting my computer.

Any suggestions?

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I would just like to feedback the interface needs an overhaul to make it more useful like Da Vinvi

I would just like to feedback the interface needs an overhaul to make it more useful like Da Vinci. At the moment it just feels like it was put together by a programmer that dosen't understand Video Editing and it looks like how someones who does not video edit thinks Video Editors would use. Improved interface please that is less clunky and restricted and more enjoyable to use

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Different keys in Premiere/After when finish typing a text box - ESC/Enter

The keys to finish using a text box in Premiere Pro and After Effects are different.
    Currently, when finished entering a text using the Type Tool on Premiere, you need to hit ESC, while in After Effects, the same function is made with the Enter key on the Numpad.
    Those different behaviors are really frustrating,
    Please align them to act the same on both apps.
    Thanks

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. zoom in and zoom out in program and source monitor

Zoom in and zoom out in program monitor is center, this is not good - whenever the mouse over there and zoom must be over there or hand tool is anyplace (the zoom out must be start from mouse point)
    (Please make zoom in and zoom out, just like after effect)

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Premier Pro CC 2020 render glitch

Since upgrading to the latest build of Premier Pro CC 2020, I get random glitchy one-frame lines in my renders from PP (see attached). They appear in different places with each new render, and aren't in the timeline if I go back and check the project... they only appear in the renders. I've tried H264 and ProRes 422 HQ... happens in both codecs. I'm trying to deliver a job today, but I have to re-render multiple times... and then comb through each 8 minute render to see if there's any glitches, which is unnecessarily time-consuming and frustrating. Please fix this!…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Capture live video from a webcam

A lot of Youtubers use Premiere Pro to create talking head videos.
    I capture the sound straight to the sound track using Voice-Over record but sadly there is no option to capture video.
    Currently my work-around that a lot of Youtubers also do is to use some other capture software like Screenflow, then exporting it as MP4 and then importing the clip into Premiere Pro. I have attached a screenshot of the Screenflow capture screen where it captures video and sound. Premiere Pro is a superior software to anything out there currently. This add on would make a world of…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Premiere "edit in Photoshop" option can not save PNG files: ERROR "file in use"

Open Premiere and Photoshop.
    Work on a VIDEO in PREMIERE PRO that has a PNG file in it. Go to the media BIN in PREMIERE, right click the PNG file, select "edit in photoshop", edit the image, click on SAVE in Photoshop.

ERROR: says "can not save image, in use by other program".

Yea... its in use. Thats the whole point of "edit in photoshop" option, so I dont have to close premiere just to edit an image.

Platform: Windows 10, Up to date everything

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Nest Rename Bug PP2020

Renaming a nest (from parent timeline, project manager or sequence properties) is reflected in the top level UI but dragging the nest clip in and around a timeline reveals the original name which is also used in the FCP XML export.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Toggle audio and video individual target tracks not working

In the keyboard shortcuts screen there appear to be options for assigning Toggle Target behaviors for both audio and video targets 1-8, individually assigned. By default they are not assigned. I have assigned Toggle Video Target 1 to Command+1, Target 2 to Command+2, etc., up through Video Target 8. Likewise I have used Option+1 through Option+8 for toggling audio targets. But when I save and return to editing the customization is not functioning. Customization is functioning properly for some other assignments I made. Seems to be a bug.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Premiere Pro 2020 export frame bug still not fixed

I reported this bug in Premiere Pro when the 2020 version was released and after a few updates the problem remains....
    When you create a still frame (export frame) and drag it back into the timeline it is a different lighting to the original.(lighter)
    This has never happened in any other version of Premiere Pro as I have to do this all of the time.
    It means I have to continue using the 2019 version so it would be great if someone could look at this
    Many thanks

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base