Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. zoom in and zoom out in program and source monitor

Zoom in and zoom out in program monitor is center, this is not good - whenever the mouse over there and zoom must be over there or hand tool is anyplace (the zoom out must be start from mouse point)
    (Please make zoom in and zoom out, just like after effect)

3 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. make the audio work, I have no audio

I would like the audio to work,

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. The Drop Shadow Effect.

Make it part of the attributes, like Motion, Opacity, Time Remapping.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. No Bug reports on the bug reports page

So you've wasted an hour of my life because autosave is a pile of ****, and premiere just quit without even waving goodbye, and now you've also wasted another 10 minutes of it, because you can't even get it together to put a bug report link on the page that is literally described as the bug report page. Is there any wonder that we have more and more animosity towards adobe?

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. PrePro: SAVE DOWN to older versions

We should be able to save down to the last version of the software and here's why.

• RISK: installing and working only from the latest version of adobe software is very risky with all the hidden bugs that happen every major update.

• FILE SHARING: not everyone takes said risk and works to the latest update.

• FILE RECOVERY: like the situation I'm in now, I worked 20 hours on a project that only now will crash every time it's opened. I have a minute which would be long enough to save a file but is not workable.

•…

92 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Bug scripting getFootageInterpretation -> setFootageInterpretation

This works in premiere pro 2019 and does no longer work in 2020:
    Something changed in Object FootageInterpretation?
    code:

var interp = myFootage.getFootageInterpretation();
    interp.frameRate =75;
    myFootage.setFootageInterpretation(interp);

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. project manager bug - premiere 2020

In adobe premiere 2020, when I want to export project via project manager, from the source file which I have made several cuts (in & out) in the source monitor panel and drag it in bin, adobe premiere 2020 makes copy of source file as many as cuts I had made. For example, if I had cut a 1gb film into 3 parts it copies the file 3 times and the exported file size turns into 3gb. However in adobe premiere 2018, it only copies source file once and does not make several copy of it.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. last character in text

When I try to add a period or question mark at the end of text, it shows up at the beginning. Also, when I try to edit or select the last character of text, I am not able to do so.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Scripting bug when setInPoint and setOutPoint?

I’ve run into a frustrating brick wall when using:

projectItem.setInPoint(seconds)
    projectItem.setOutPoint(seconds)

…about 50% of the time the I/O points (in the source window) are set with a 1 frame error (sometimes 2 frames out). I feel like I’ve tried everything to discover what the pattern is, but it seems entirely random.

I thought it might be something to do with drop frame, variable frame rates, the clip being different from the sequence, or other oddities, but the error occurs at simple constant frame rates like 25 fps. There just seems to be no rhyme or reason to the errors…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Easy and random time remaping

This suggestion is for once you clicked on time remaping speed, it could be that instead of bezier you can draw the waveform and it automatically smooths out, the length of the clip remains, just trim itself, And add another ramdom button that automatically draw different waveforms every time you prush it. So with 5 clicks you are good to go.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. PDFs of Command lists

There is a grid on one of the support pages with all the key commands. However, there is no button to download it as a pdf to have at your side while you edit. Could you please include an option for documents like this so one doesn't need to print the entire web page?

I'm guessing pdfs are easy for Adobe. :)

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Help with editing

I am an ageing old man(dinosaur) who has recently discovered the joys of video editing.
    Early this year I manged to transfer my skills from Premier Elements to Premier Pro.
    In my enthusiasm I bought "Premier Pro CC 2019 release" (The official training workbook from Adobe to improve my skills).

Now confined to home I decided to work through these lessons. I was going great guns but then having done lesson 1 it will not let me do any more.

This is a great shame as I was getting on so well with the book.

I am not one who…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 3 Imperative things...

1) Solve the "The selection you are deleting contains clip references in one or more sequences. If you continue these clip references will also be deleted..." issue. This makes projects a mess and is a headache to deal with, make it so the clips just go offline, not removed from every timeline.

2) Multicam/Subseqeunces - We need to be able to access and choose all audio tracks just like video in one married clip. Why is there no multicam applied to the audio? This is super important.

3) Globally searchable markers. Please.

We're all paying for this software please update…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. In to Out of timeline length in Metadate Display

Hi, I would like to see the length of my scenes in the Project Managers window thats based on my in and out markers.

All the others measure the length to my last clip on the timeline.
    This is an issue because I store extra and unused clips at the end of my time line. So it adds more time to the length of my timeline even if the in outs are on the edit itself in the timeline.

I would like to see the length of scenes quickly by looking at them in the bin.
    Thank you

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Multi-proccess

Make premiere multi process, like with sub processes and with processes dedicated to certain jobs.
    Making premiere multi process can also improve stability , as if let's say an effects process crashed, if premiere was multi process the entire program wouldn't crash, as compared if it was only 1 process
    Also, there may be some performance benefits too, but the main advantage is stability

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. nearest neighbor video upscaling for retro gaming (nes snes genesis ps1 atari gameboy ds etc)

Nearest neighbor video upscale for retro gaming (nes snes genesis ps1 atari gameboy ds etc)

ive been using premier pro for 10 years and it would be a nice feature to have select able upscaling option next to the standard video scale controls. right now premier only does bicubic scaling. nearest neighbor would allow any 2d sprite based game to to be pixel perfect instead of blurry. ive tried paid for 3rd party software plug ins but it just doesn't work. so having this feature naively would be really useful for any one making videos with old video game footage…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. FX Badge Board Shortcut

General workflow would improve if there was an option to assign FX Badge switches on the timeline to keyboard shortcuts. For example, switching between opacity and time-remapping at the moment requires you to right click on the fx badge, navigate to the desired adjustment in the drop down menu and select it. For editors who use speed ramping transition often, a shortcut would be very useful.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Help users calibrate either Premiere or their screen for better color accuracy

We've noticed significant color variations between what Premiere shows in the preview and what is rendered out. This issue seems most prevalent on our newer iMac screens. Got in touch with Adobe support about it, only to be pointed to a forum post with a variety of disputed answers. The fact that there doesn't seem to be a concrete solution to this issue from Adobe is very frustrating. We are working on getting our monitors calibrated, but Having Premiere include some sort of tutorial/wizard to properly configure color or at least a warning to users about the discrepancies would be…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Develop and update Encore or something for BD/DVD Authoring

There is still a huge need for BD/DVD Authoring

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)