Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Middle mouse button to be addedd as a shortcut

In a similar suggestion by another member of the community, he was responded to by an admin saying something along the lines of not all users have a middle mouse wheel.

Like really?

And even if they don't, I'm pretty sure most working editors do.

The middle mouse button is used as the hand tool in PS, Ai and Indesign. Why not Prem?

Please, Adobe. 🙏

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Zebra Pattern in Source and/or Program Monitor

Zebra Pattern in Source and/or Program Monitor... for video level check... 70,80,90%, you set... Shortcut key to turn off and on

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Proxy Only Project/Production

After making a Production, with all its projects,and attaching all the proxies, grouping, organizing etc. it would be nice to have some kind of “creat proxy project/production” that makes a new project/production with some kind of flag that says the proxies are the only media it has though you could Relink to high res but ever ask and default to proxy on. It would also copy all attached proxy media and any audio and stills to the new location. This would save a ton of time distributing drive edited projects to editors.

It would also be great if I could…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Hi there is a bug and my premiere keeps crashing today, never happened

Premiere today may 5 2020, keeps crashing every 5 minutes, trying to do a project with pictures and videos and it keeps freezing, highly frustaring and have to keep restarting my project. can you fix this problem as its highly frustarting.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. ability to change column sizes in Marker panel

I just want to make the Marker name column larger. I don't want to have to type a bunch of stuff into description when all I need is the nam

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Proxy not working in Productions

[BUG] While working with Productions, proxies only work if footage files are in the same project that your sequence is.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Arabic captions bug (Premiere Pro 2020)

When I am trying to make open captions using the Arabic language, I need to use the Edge Color feature to make the font more readable, so when I do that, I get alphabetical break lines as you can see in the attached file, I made red dots under those break lines, the alphabets are supposed to be connected without any break lines, please fix that!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Fails to load macOS Catalina 10.15.4

Premiere Pro now doesn't even open on latest MacOS. No idea what this means but...

Exception Type: EXCBADACCESS (Code Signature Invalid)
    Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000032, 0x00000001bea10000
    Exception Note: EXCCORPSENOTIFY

Termination Reason: Namespace CODESIGNING, Code 0x2

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add Preferences > Interface > Appearance > Color Theme (White, Grey, Dark Grey, Black) & Program panel one line --- PC

I would like to be able to change the theme color in Pr as you can in Ps, Id... Not sure why change can't the preference since it offered in other adobe programs. Also, why is the program panel different? It takes up some editing space, it should be one line instead of 2.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. make more of the older versions available in the Creative Cloud app. Having to contact chat to get a link to Premiere 2018 is HUMILIATING.

make more of the older versions available in the Creative Cloud app. Having to contact chat to get a link to Premiere 2018 is HUMILIATING.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Improve your existing features

Stop upgrading, fix the existing product:
    - your search functionality is APPALLING - search for a file name, it shows no results, scroll through my 2,000 files and there it is. I am following your Help instructions. It does NOT work
    - Extensions - crash the programme EVERY time - Wipster, Vimeo, Trint - crash every single time. Have uninstalled, reinstalled and still crashes. Every time - as in Every time.
    - Customer Service is AWFUL - they seem to delight in not knowing the product and not being helpful. You might as well not bother providing the service.
    -…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. When you delete clips, Premiere should keep a running list of those deleted items so you can undo particular ones.

A running list of deleted items should be kept in the edit menu to undo certain deleted items. Instead of constant clicking of undo to get back that deleted clip, still, audio, etc. etc.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add the ability to link media when the actual source media is not present

use-case: someone gives me proxy files for media that isn’t already imported in my project (this is a realistic scenario -- someone generates a bunch of proxy files for me and sends them to me over the internet as a way of giving me workable footage without having to send terabytes of data). I should have a way to be able to tell premier where that media is going to be located in the future so that I can actually use the proxies. However, currently I am unable to bring in proxy footage without having the proxied-source footage already present…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Bug Report: CEP plugin development: window.top.location.replace() crashes CEPHtmlEngine.exe

CEP plugin development: window.top.location.replace(anyUrl) call immediately crashes CEPHtmlEngine.exe in Premiere Pro 2020 (Windows 10 environment) when executed NOT from script context while page loading. The same code works fine in Premiere Pro 2019.

This works in both Premiere Pro 2020 and 2019:
    <!doctype html><html><head>
    <script type="text/javascript">window.top.location.replace('test.html');</script>
    </head><body>Test Local Redirect Page</body></html>

This crashes CEPHtmlEngine.exe after pressing a button in Premiere Pro 2020, but works fine in Premiere Pro 2019:
    <!doctype html><html><head></head><body>
    <button onclick="window.top.location.replace('test.html')">Test Local Redirect</button>
    </body></html>

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. ProRes 4444 alpha channel purple fringe in latest versions!

The last two updates to Premiere have introduced a bug where ProRes 4444 material with blended transparency are getting weird jaggy colorful fringes where transparency steps from 0% to 1%. Unfortunately I can't just turn off max depth, because the result introduces banding to those same transparency areas.

I did find a workaround… I added the Ultra Key and set the key color to something extreme that appears nowhere in the graphic, like Green 100% bright. This causes the fringe to disappear. Other effects like Remove Matte also seem to get rid of of by dumbing down the bit depth…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. VST Audio Plug or effects applied to Mix or Master Bus

The idea of using a audio VST plug in on each clip is annoying . Especially if you shot all the clips in the same location with the same sound source. You basically have to apply your VST plug in to each clip. or create a preset. Why not add an effects rack to all your audio buses similar to what you do in Audition?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Default Marker Colors

allow users to change the default color of comment and clip markers

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Premiere Pro 14.3.0, Build 38; Timeline does not appear at first when opening project, cannot scrub the timeline when it does appear, W

seems to have happened with the latest update, Windows 10, 32 GB Ram, I-9-9900K CPU @@ 3.60 GHz; Dell Precision 3630 tower, 64 bit OS

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. fix time remapping ppro2017-ppro2020

Time remapping is broken in 3 ways (in order of show-stoppingness)

1. In ppro2020 windows Cuda playback of time remapped footage that has been interpreted to a new framerate is borked:

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/40471309-bug-time-remapping-interpreted-footage-14-2

1. From ~2019 onwards, time-remapped footage will ignore optical flow settings. You used to be able to create beautifully smooth speedramps with this. Not since 2018.

2. Time-remapping nested sequences (especially if the sequence contains either more than one video track, or any sort of edit) results in the premature showing of black before the sequence should end

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/34384855-bug-report-time-remap-of-nested-sequence-results

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. The window control buttons periodically disappear.

This happens both in Premiere Pro and in After Effect.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base