Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Some eyedroppers do not work properly when color management is enabled.

If you enable the check box in Preferences > General > Display color management, it will adjust the colors on the Source and Program monitors according to that monitor’s associated .icm file. However, this is only for viewing purposes on that specific monitor.
    For an eyedropper to work properly, it must sample the color as it exists BEFORE color management is applied to it. But most of the eyedroppers inside of Premiere will only sample a color AFTER it has been adjusted by color management.
    You can prove this by turning on color management, then trying to use a Color…

393 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

21 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Finish the Essential Sound panel - let us add our own sound fx libraries

We can add images, templates but why not sounds - Adobe ONLY pushing for sale its own libraries feels to be a desperate sales ploy. Just like Mogrts/templates etc We all want to buy sometimes and sometimes we want to use our own.
    Thank you. You started the job making EDIT the default now please complete it.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Project Media Manager - is this ever, ever getting fixed, even remotely, to work as advertised?

We read all the forums and the threads here and everywhere else to help Media Manage footage out per network deliverables - without any errors. Has anyone been lucky enough to actually get to the end without an error? Not just today, but ever? Finally resorted to asking Adobe for help - and the answer is to upgrade to the newest version from last month - not that anything has changed in the Project Manager. But before we even attempt to help you, upgrade. Just completely unacceptable, as thousands of posts in the past X number of years make it…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Keyboard shortcuts don't work in secondary window

I just updated Premiere to v14.5. Two days ago, I was able to use the J, K, L and Spacebar keys to control playback in the source monitor. They now only work in the program monitor.

EDIT: I am now realizing that the shuttle controls do work when the panel is in the main window. I normally have the source monitor, among other panels, in a second monitor and a secondary window. If a panel is active in a secondary window, the program doesn't respond to ANY keyboard shortcuts.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Scaling Aspect Ratio Bug

Latest upgrade is causing my 4K 4096x2160 25p when placed on a 1440x1080 25fps timeline (keep existing settings) and reduced to 50% scale to squeeze to 4:3 aspect. However, if I scale to 51% it holds it's 16:9 aspect.

NB: The 1440x1080 frame holds it's 16:9 aspect, it is only the clip which squeezes to 4:3 losing it's uniformity. This is not just a playback issue it carries over to export leaving black bars on either side of the vision.

Current and least ridiculous workaround - 'Scale to Frame Size' and increase clip size to around 107% to avoid letterboxing. …

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Bug: marker times

First of all, I do not have an idea, i have a bug ;)

I try to markers.createMarker(secondsFloatWithFraction), and there are problems with some frames (@25fps).
    For example: I manually set a marker (via the markers-menu) @08:09 (which is the 209th frame @8.36 seconds).
    Then I detect that marker (markers.getFirstMarker()), and it shows 08:09 and 8.36s (which is correct).
    Then I delete that marker and create a new one markers.createMarker(8.36).
    This new marker in the timeline now shows @08:09, but in the markers-panel in the markers list, it shows 08:08.
    In ExtendScript this marker shows 8.35999999999606s in start.seconds/end.seconds. The…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. v.15 crashes on Windows 10

Since March 25, 2021, I have been unable to open project files in version 15 without them crashing. I was able to edit the footage fine for about an hour before I started experiencing issues. I'm lucky if I can make two movements in the project before it crashes. The program also ends up using 100% of my CPU at random intervals. Since the recent updates, all Adobe programs have ran fine with the exception of Premier.
    I am running Windows 10 with and AMD CPU and an NVIDIA GPU. I have tried updating my drivers, uninstalling and reinstalling the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. (PP2019) Prores 4444XQ In - Prores LT out -> Alpha problem

Hello,

1/We work in Animation. The files arrive with the characters separated from the BG so if you just ingest the shots in PP you just see the BG Black and the characters in Color. So we go in Modify-ignore alpha channel and then our shots display fine. We switched from DNXHD+alpha channel to Prores 4444XQ lately.

2/We ned to output a Prores LT for a technical step of our process. What we are trying to achieve with the Prores LT is a file that is not too big and as accurate as possible color-wise for the skin tones to…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Don't have different comps from the same After Effect project show up as duplicate frames

When I have graphics/comps from the same After Effects projects in a sequence, they will always show up with duplicate frame markers, despite being completely different comps or graphics. I know I can turn duplicate frame markers off, but I find them useful and would like if Premiere only showed duplicate frame markers when I'm reusing the same After Effects comp frames.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Refine project bin navigation

When I switch from icon to thumbnail view, the project folder navigator reverts back to the top view instead of staying in the folder view I am in. This also happens after I exit out of a search for a file, which is inconvenient because I sometimes want to look at it and adjacent ones. I can of course scroll back to that folder or area, but when a project has hundreds of files and uses over 1 TB of space, that extra searching and scrolling adds unnecessary time and loss of focus several times throughout a session of editing.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Project save error in PP 15.0

Since the moment I upgraded to PP 15.0, every time I want to save a project I get a Project Save Error: "Could not open the project file with write access. The file may be locked or you may not have permission to write to this location. Select 'Save As' from File menu to save the project to a new location." It's clearly a PP bug since it started happening immediately after the update and I made absolutely no other changes apart from it. Using Windows 10.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. v14.8, 14.9, 15.0 do not allow me to playback videos on my computer setup

I've never had an issue with Premiere like this until these last 3 versions. Have updated to each one and then had to downgrade back to 14.7 since I literally cannot playback any video - it just shows a grey box - pressing play or scrubbing on the timeline (program or source) don't work. Have tried changing playback to software only as well and doesn't change anything (which makes me think it doesn't have to do with my graphics card).

Issue is, now I can't even downgrade back to 14.7 since it's not available on Creative Cloud or their website.…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Premiere Pro 15.1 crashes on Mac OS 11.2.3

I can't open a project from yesterday and get the 'spinning pizza of death'. When I download a previous version of PP 14, it says I can't open the file because it is from a later version of PP. It would be helpful if the program let me open earlier versions of the software while bugs are being fixed and simply disable any features not in the earlier version.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. This is a complaint about customer service. It is absolutely appalling.

I have been promised more call backs than I can remember. Today I was absolutely promised a call back by Happy a manager this call back never happened timing to fit in with him as he said that 2pm in England was very early for him as he is in India. I adjusted the time and he still didn't call back. I have been promised several call backs always at times convenient to you and not to me in England because of the time difference. Several times I have been asked when is convenient and I say the time and…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. bug - crashing while deleting or adding tracks

I'm getting a large amount of crashes in Premiere (latest version, Mac, Intel), usually when I'm trying to add or delete tracks.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. This is actually about Premiere Rush, but that option wasn't available

I have a Samsung Galaxy S21. It just came out in January. It's been almost 3 months, and Premiere Rush is still unavailable. That's ridiculous. It's available on the S20 but not on the phone that's replacing it? Huh? I can download Adobe Clip but that gives a message saying it will no longer be updated and that I should instead get Premiere Rush. I can't do so. Instead I receive a message that Premiere Rush isn't compatible with my S21. This should be a no-brainer. Please make it available.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Frequent insta-crashes when navigating around sequences, v15 Build 41

I just upgraded to version 15.0.0 Build 41. After I replaced a clip in the timeline by selecting a clip in the bin, right-clicking on the clip in the sequence, and choosing "Replace with clip... from bin", Premiere Pro started to insta crash if I clicked anywhere in the sequence except in blank areas. I tried deleting the media cache, and it allowed me to click a single time and see the correct render in the Program Window. A second click caused a crash. I sent a bunch of crash reports via the automatic submission process. Hope this is resolved…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 35 36
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base