Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Some eyedroppers do not work properly when color management is enabled.

If you enable the check box in Preferences > General > Display color management, it will adjust the colors on the Source and Program monitors according to that monitor’s associated .icm file. However, this is only for viewing purposes on that specific monitor.
    For an eyedropper to work properly, it must sample the color as it exists BEFORE color management is applied to it. But most of the eyedroppers inside of Premiere will only sample a color AFTER it has been adjusted by color management.
    You can prove this by turning on color management, then trying to use a Color…

382 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

20 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Bring back CC Icons!!!

The most recent June CC update that changed all the program icons is absolutely unacceptable. Recoloring slightly to group programs together is fine, but changing Premiere, After Effects, Character Animator, AME, etc to all the same purple is EXTREMELY unintuitve and awful, workflow-interrupting design. PLEASE change back to their unique colors!

84 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Keyboard shortcuts don't work in secondary window

I just updated Premiere to v14.5. Two days ago, I was able to use the J, K, L and Spacebar keys to control playback in the source monitor. They now only work in the program monitor.

EDIT: I am now realizing that the shuttle controls do work when the panel is in the main window. I normally have the source monitor, among other panels, in a second monitor and a secondary window. If a panel is active in a secondary window, the program doesn't respond to ANY keyboard shortcuts.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Scaling Aspect Ratio Bug

Latest upgrade is causing my 4K 4096x2160 25p when placed on a 1440x1080 25fps timeline (keep existing settings) and reduced to 50% scale to squeeze to 4:3 aspect. However, if I scale to 51% it holds it's 16:9 aspect.

NB: The 1440x1080 frame holds it's 16:9 aspect, it is only the clip which squeezes to 4:3 losing it's uniformity. This is not just a playback issue it carries over to export leaving black bars on either side of the vision.

Current and least ridiculous workaround - 'Scale to Frame Size' and increase clip size to around 107% to avoid letterboxing. …

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Bug: marker times

First of all, I do not have an idea, i have a bug ;)

I try to markers.createMarker(secondsFloatWithFraction), and there are problems with some frames (@25fps).
    For example: I manually set a marker (via the markers-menu) @08:09 (which is the 209th frame @8.36 seconds).
    Then I detect that marker (markers.getFirstMarker()), and it shows 08:09 and 8.36s (which is correct).
    Then I delete that marker and create a new one markers.createMarker(8.36).
    This new marker in the timeline now shows @08:09, but in the markers-panel in the markers list, it shows 08:08.
    In ExtendScript this marker shows 8.35999999999606s in start.seconds/end.seconds. The…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. (PP2019) Prores 4444XQ In - Prores LT out -> Alpha problem

Hello,

1/We work in Animation. The files arrive with the characters separated from the BG so if you just ingest the shots in PP you just see the BG Black and the characters in Color. So we go in Modify-ignore alpha channel and then our shots display fine. We switched from DNXHD+alpha channel to Prores 4444XQ lately.

2/We ned to output a Prores LT for a technical step of our process. What we are trying to achieve with the Prores LT is a file that is not too big and as accurate as possible color-wise for the skin tones to…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Don't have different comps from the same After Effect project show up as duplicate frames

When I have graphics/comps from the same After Effects projects in a sequence, they will always show up with duplicate frame markers, despite being completely different comps or graphics. I know I can turn duplicate frame markers off, but I find them useful and would like if Premiere only showed duplicate frame markers when I'm reusing the same After Effects comp frames.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. bug - crashing while deleting or adding tracks

I'm getting a large amount of crashes in Premiere (latest version, Mac, Intel), usually when I'm trying to add or delete tracks.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Premiere Pro 14.5 update macOS / Keyboard DOESN'T WORK!

I updated from 14.4 to 14.5 on macOS (Mojave) and the keyboard doesn't work. I also tried with the default Premiere Pro Keyboard settings... still doesn't work. Only copy/paste shortcuts work, but the rest (i.e. spacebar to playback) doesn't work. I'm on a 2013 Mac Pro with a USB Apple Keyboard. Reverting to 14.4

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. JPG and PNG Sequences Unable to Play in Premiere 2020

Just upgraded to Premiere 2020 in our studio. Having an issue on our PCs. Premiere cannot playback 1080p @ 30fps JPG or PNG sequences at all. Audio will play but no update to the viewers. Exporting the sequences is successful but takes an extreme amount of time compared to other formats.
    Turning off GPU acceleration will improve playback to 1-2 FPS. All of the above is with no effects applied, and with one video track only (the image sequence)

By experimenting with other formats I found that TIFF (no alpha) and EXR (with alpha) sequences playback & export just perfectly.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Premiere and Media Encoder creating D:\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Common\LUTs on launch

A number of users on the U2U forums are having issues with Premiere or MediaEncoder creating a folder tree on their D: drive as follows ...

D:\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Common\LUTs

or

D:\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Common\LUTs\Technical

It first was noted by people with Onedrive or Dropbox, but now several others have popped in that do not have those sync apps and everytime Premiere or Me launch, the apps create the folder-tree and folders.

Delete the folders, launch Pr or Me, the folders are created again.

A bug of some kind perhaps.

R.Neil Haugen

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Premiere Pro v14.8 - Startup Issues on iMac

Running into a strange issue with Premiere Pro v14.8 on iMac 27" (Retina 5K 2019 with Vega 48).

If I start the machine then almost immediately after boot is complete start Adobe Premiere Pro, the application launches almost immediately and flawlessly.

If I start the machine, let it sit or work on anything else before attempting to open Adobe Premiere Pro, the application launch takes many minutes and often results in a system hang that requires a full shutdown and restart.

Running into a similar issue with Media Encoder.

Is this a known issue? Is there any fix or workaround?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. project panel cann't drag items.

After update to 14.0, at project panel, I cann't drag item to folder and cann't drag file from disk to the project panel.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. autosave

Whenever Premiere autosaves, it presents itself over whatever program I'm using and asserts itself, stealing my screen from me. If I'm typing or clicking and dragging, it defeats the keystrokes and occupies my screen for as long as the autosave requires. Why can't it do this in the background?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Keyboard stops responding in Source Monitor

Since updating to 14.5.0 the keyboard has been unresponsive while in the source monitor. Resetting/deleting preferences didn't help.

The issue seems to resolve if I open Premiere through the project file in Windows explorer. If I open Premiere first and try to load the project (or use the quick start menu), the keyboard does not respond in the source monitor.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Color labels is broken in Premiere 14.6

Color labels are broken in Premiere 14.6.
    Please fix it.
    After upgrading to 14.6 the color labels column in the browser stoped showing the colors. The column is there, but it does not show anything.
    Please, please, please, please fix this.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Premiere needs a simple “rename media file to match clip name” function.

Premiere needs a simple “rename media file to match clip name” function. If Final Cut Pro 7 had it (and it did, and it was very useful) why on earth does Premiere Pro not have it???? This function lets you import generically named camera footage (0001.mov, etc) and then, once you are able to view and identify clips with a better non-generic and unique name (such as Scn7Tk4 or Johnb-roll_01, for example) you can rename the media files to match. This is especially important when one encounters a project in which there or multiple instances of a generically…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Easy to create and maintain right angle masks

The basic mask tools leave a lot to be desired. I should be able to easily create a square mask. In Photoshop you can hold Shift and it'll create right angles and keep lines at 180 or 90 degrees. There should be a simpler way to do a simple split screen. I mean, even in AE you can click and drag a mask shape right on the layer - Premiere needs this. Thanks.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. How about an "All Adobe processes off" button?

I want a way to kill all Adobe processes running on my computer (in such a way that they STAY down) when I am not using Adobe products. As I type this, there are AT LEAST SEVENTEEN (17) Adobe processes running in the background of my new Windows 10 computer, and I am not running PP or any other Adobe applications! When I subscribed to Premiere Pro I did NOT sign up for this! This has nothing to do with performance nor resources; it has to do with security and common sense! This is MY computer and not yours! Why…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 32 33
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base