Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Some eyedroppers do not work properly when color management is enabled.

If you enable the check box in Preferences > General > Display color management, it will adjust the colors on the Source and Program monitors according to that monitor’s associated .icm file. However, this is only for viewing purposes on that specific monitor.
    For an eyedropper to work properly, it must sample the color as it exists BEFORE color management is applied to it. But most of the eyedroppers inside of Premiere will only sample a color AFTER it has been adjusted by color management.
    You can prove this by turning on color management, then trying to use a Color…

359 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

20 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Bring back CC Icons!!!

The most recent June CC update that changed all the program icons is absolutely unacceptable. Recoloring slightly to group programs together is fine, but changing Premiere, After Effects, Character Animator, AME, etc to all the same purple is EXTREMELY unintuitve and awful, workflow-interrupting design. PLEASE change back to their unique colors!

55 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Bug: marker times

First of all, I do not have an idea, i have a bug ;)

I try to markers.createMarker(secondsFloatWithFraction), and there are problems with some frames (@25fps).
    For example: I manually set a marker (via the markers-menu) @08:09 (which is the 209th frame @8.36 seconds).
    Then I detect that marker (markers.getFirstMarker()), and it shows 08:09 and 8.36s (which is correct).
    Then I delete that marker and create a new one markers.createMarker(8.36).
    This new marker in the timeline now shows @08:09, but in the markers-panel in the markers list, it shows 08:08.
    In ExtendScript this marker shows 8.35999999999606s in start.seconds/end.seconds. The…

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Keyboard shortcuts don't work in secondary window

I just updated Premiere to v14.5. Two days ago, I was able to use the J, K, L and Spacebar keys to control playback in the source monitor. They now only work in the program monitor.

EDIT: I am now realizing that the shuttle controls do work when the panel is in the main window. I normally have the source monitor, among other panels, in a second monitor and a secondary window. If a panel is active in a secondary window, the program doesn't respond to ANY keyboard shortcuts.

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Scaling Aspect Ratio Bug

Latest upgrade is causing my 4K 4096x2160 25p when placed on a 1440x1080 25fps timeline (keep existing settings) and reduced to 50% scale to squeeze to 4:3 aspect. However, if I scale to 51% it holds it's 16:9 aspect.

NB: The 1440x1080 frame holds it's 16:9 aspect, it is only the clip which squeezes to 4:3 losing it's uniformity. This is not just a playback issue it carries over to export leaving black bars on either side of the vision.

Current and least ridiculous workaround - 'Scale to Frame Size' and increase clip size to around 107% to avoid letterboxing. …

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Premiere Pro 14.5 update macOS / Keyboard DOESN'T WORK!

I updated from 14.4 to 14.5 on macOS (Mojave) and the keyboard doesn't work. I also tried with the default Premiere Pro Keyboard settings... still doesn't work. Only copy/paste shortcuts work, but the rest (i.e. spacebar to playback) doesn't work. I'm on a 2013 Mac Pro with a USB Apple Keyboard. Reverting to 14.4

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. project panel cann't drag items.

After update to 14.0, at project panel, I cann't drag item to folder and cann't drag file from disk to the project panel.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Keyboard stops responding in Source Monitor

Since updating to 14.5.0 the keyboard has been unresponsive while in the source monitor. Resetting/deleting preferences didn't help.

The issue seems to resolve if I open Premiere through the project file in Windows explorer. If I open Premiere first and try to load the project (or use the quick start menu), the keyboard does not respond in the source monitor.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Have files saved in the same folder as you store the project

Why does premiere pro save files to prior working directories? When you save the project everything should go into that folder or subdirectories for that folder. Not to some project that you worked on 3 weeks ago. When you export a video, the default should be that folder.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Are you suggesting that the media exported from a project, should by default be saved next to that project?

PPro maintains different lists of recently-used folders, for different tasks. Projects get defaulted to the last project save location, exported media gets defaulted to the most recent export location.

10. Bins

I'm trying to prep a project and I can't drag media, sequences, anything into other bins. The media is already imported. Going to re-install previous version.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Drag clip / spacebar issue

I use an external monitor in my Dell G7 and my Premiere started to have issues after the last update. When I start Windows 10, open PP I can't drag a clip in the timeline or even from the other window. I also can't use spacebar to play a video preview, it just doesn't work. I have to resize Premiere to the laptop screen only, to solve it. Then I can now use both screens again.
    There is another bad solution that is to close PP and open again holding the ALT key until the preferences reset window opens. Resetting…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Premiere and Media Encoder creating D:\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Common\LUTs on launch

A number of users on the U2U forums are having issues with Premiere or MediaEncoder creating a folder tree on their D: drive as follows ...

D:\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Common\LUTs

or

D:\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Common\LUTs\Technical

It first was noted by people with Onedrive or Dropbox, but now several others have popped in that do not have those sync apps and everytime Premiere or Me launch, the apps create the folder-tree and folders.

Delete the folders, launch Pr or Me, the folders are created again.

A bug of some kind perhaps.

R.Neil Haugen

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add Project Bin Set-up template

I have not come across this yet, and don't believe it's an available option.

I start each project the same way with a hierarchy of bin folders to maintain organization.

01 sequences
    02 footage
    03 music
    04 Graphics
    05 dynamic links
    etc.
    I would love to be able to open a new project and automatically launch these bins every production. Can these be added as a custom project start-up. ****, I had that ability with Sony Vegas 10 years ago.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Premiere needs a simple “rename media file to match clip name” function.

Premiere needs a simple “rename media file to match clip name” function. If Final Cut Pro 7 had it (and it did, and it was very useful) why on earth does Premiere Pro not have it???? This function lets you import generically named camera footage (0001.mov, etc) and then, once you are able to view and identify clips with a better non-generic and unique name (such as Scn7Tk4 or Johnb-roll_01, for example) you can rename the media files to match. This is especially important when one encounters a project in which there or multiple instances of a generically…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Bug Report (Crash): Pr2020 (14.0 and 14.0.1) - Premiere Pro could not find any capable video play modules (OSX, MacPro 2013 with Dual D500)

PR Pro 2020 suddenly stopped working (as of January 15 2020).
    It shows the splash screen and goes through some loading stuff (very, very, very slowly).
    Finally an error message pops up saying „Premiere Pro could not find any capable video play modules…..“ and crashes.

I already tried resetting caches and preferences, reset the NVRAM and PRAM, removed every single plugin I had, uninstalled and reinstalled PR but to no avail.

I have PR Pro 2019 installed alongside and it is working just fine (lucky for me I could downgrade some of my PR projects so I could continue working…

22 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Premiere not starting on MacPro / Catalina

Premiere Pro 2020 never worked on my brand new Mac Pro.
    Found out that I had to change Privacy setting - which I did, with no results.
    Even changed it to have Full Disk Access - no result.
    Reinstalled, but when I start it,
    the icon bounces for a white, splash screen shows, and then it disappears/quits without any message.

All other Adobe apps install and run well.

Any ideas what to try next?

Mac Pro, 10.15.8 / 96GB / 3,2GHz 16-core / AMD Radeon Pro Vega II

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Can not shrink floating panel

I, like many, use a duel monitors. After the last update I have been unable to fully readjust the size of the floating panel I have on my second display, which is orientated in portrait mode. I can widen it, but no longer shrink it to fit the boundaries of the second monitor.
    The work around is to remove the floating panel and reconstructed it. It seems to be an issue with having multiple windows open in one panel, as I can adjust the size of a one window panel just fine. Once I have one window in place I…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. BRAW looses RAW capabilities when filepath is changed.

First of all - GREAT with native support for BRAW.

My issue: When I import braw into a project, and for some reason change the path of the file - ie. changing the foldername or moving the project to another location - all RAW capabilities are lost and greyed out (BRAW-problem.png) or options are displayed as a's in the dropdown menus ("aaaaaaaaaaaa" BRAW-problem2.png). This also affects the choices and changes made in the BRAW settings, and the image is displayed as flat as when it was recorded.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Implement an option to keep partially rendered files

It would be helpful if you could keep partial render files when you cancel the render progress. Losing the “whole” progress can be very frustrating. Sometimes you just want to see the first few seconds of an effect to see if it has the impact you wished for.

16 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 30 31
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base