Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. format HDV et DV

Bonjour,
    je dois numériser des bandes en dv, or ce format est obsolète, et il n'est proposé que du HDV.
    Comment faire ?

Merci

3 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. VHS / MiniDV Capability

Hi there,

After a couple of sessions being assisted by your amazing support staff they advised me to write to you.

I work a lot with VHS and older formats. Because Premiere doesn't recognise the Mpeg4 formats in CC18/19 I now have to convert my VHS footage to ProRes in order to keep the sync and have playable video. This isn't too much of a hassle. However, I would plead to Adobe to please not ditch the function of capturing from tape in future versions.

Many of us who use older formats really depend on this ability to ingest our…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Please replace DPX support in Premier. It's gone after 12.0.0 and we can't go back to 12.0.0

I often times receive DPX files directly from a high quality film scanner and need to convert to video for color correction, editing and creating content. Why was the support removed from Premier after 12.0.0 ? Will this ever be added back in to the newer versions? This is a HUGE issue now that I've discovered the real issue.
    Thanks,
    Tim

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Have better support for HEIC image filetypes.

Apple is using HEIC now for images, using these in your project I have found tends to make it crash. There needs to be better support for HEIC images in the media library and sequence.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Iphone XS footage glitchy and unusable. Fix bug!

Footage from iPhone XS unusable and glitchy in premiere. When imported into timeline, it skips around and repeats different parts a clip. Footage is fine in other programs. Please fix the bug or I will cancel my subscription. Only purchased Premiere to edit my iPhone footage. Please correct the issue.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Support for Adobe's own DNG format images from DJI Osmo Pocket

DJI Osmo Pocket produces still images in Adobe DNG format, but Adobe Premiere Pro cannot use them. Please add support for Osmo Pocket DNG images. I can't send you a sample, you reject it as invalid file type!

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Prevent .MTS files from being imported via drag-and-drop

This is a tale that spans months in the life of a miserable, frustrated agency editor.

My company owns 2 Canon C100s which we use to shoot interviews. These cameras generate MTS files buried inside an AVCHD folder structure.

I, the unsuspecting! I, the naive! I, the victim of my own folly! I imported these MTS files via drag and drop.

I've done it for years: used Windows file explorer to navigate to the clips, then dragged-and-dropped them into a bin. And normally, nothing bad happens. All's well. The project is quickly edited and out the door. BUT.

BUT.

If…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. RGB 444 (ProRes444 and CineformRGB) Sources do not transcode properly, Levels Issue

Video footage provided as 444 (RGB) does not transcode to 422 (YUV) properly. I believe it misinterprets the levels, making the image appear low contrast and milky on playback yet transcodes to 422 have clipped blacks and expanded contrast. I tested this using CineformRGB (444) and ProRes4444 and it provided the same results: Adobe Media Encoder or Premiere results in clipped blacks and stretched contrast compared to an identical transcode using DaVinci Resolve on the same machine.

In further testing, 422 sources (CineformYUV, DNxHR HQ and ProRes422) do not have the same issue and can be transcoded without issue.

Please…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Support .MTS files (Still no audio)

.MTS files have no audio. I don't get how this is still a problem.

I've found a lot of posts about this online but no solution that works.

Just spoke to the support over chat, and the official solution offered was to use Sony Vegas, export the files from there to mp4 or something, and then go ahead and edit in premiere. Insane.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Make the CineForm codec more flexible (decoding old avi files)

For some years we have had the CineForm codec bundled with Premiere Pro. This is great.

But, to being able to even use old files (avi) created with the CineForm codec for let´s say ten years ago i must manually install the CineForm decoder from GoPro.

Since the CineForm codec is bundled today the most natural thing would be to being able to decode old CineForm files with the bundled CineForm codec we have today. Especially since the decoder software is getting harder to get. I cant even find it on GoPros homepage today.

I have many hours of old…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. cc19 doesn't support xavc-s timeline without render

I upgrade to cc19, but to my surprise, i cannot work my sony a7iii footage (xavc-s with mp4 container) in a timeline without render the previews (red line). In cc18 i can work with the files just fine (yellow line timeline).

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Support same CODECs as After Effects

I have a project that uses a lot of flv files (not my choice, this is what I'm given). Premiere Pro doesn't recognise this CODEC but After Effects does! In fact, if I create an After Effects wrapper of this media (i.e., an After Effects project that simply has a composition congaing the media in its raw form), Premiere Pro then happily renders the content via After Effects. But I shouldn't have to do this. If After Effects supports a format, so should Premiere Pro and vice versa.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. AVI CODEC and all kind of OLD CODEC

We need AVI CODEC for Vatican Television, becouse we doesn't convert all our history in .mp4..

We need your help for a Amazing New Version of PREMIERE PRO CC!

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Prores on Windows version of 2018 Premiere not reproducing colors correctly. Works fine on Mac and previous Windows versions.

Record a Prores file with known color bars. Play back on the current version of Premiere in Windows (Windows 10 tested) and compare with source color bars. Look at it on the scope also, not just visually.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Integrate codec with Sony and Nikon better, no issues with Canon in 4K

I had playback issues in Premiere Pro 2017 with Sony footage. I had to convert to Mp4. Canon seems to be the only format I don't have issues with in 4K.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Barely Supports Iphone new video format.

I'm just saying, whenever I try to use IPhone videos in Premiere, I have to change all my files in a file converter, as the audio is out of sync or is non existent if I don't. Sometimes the actual video doesn't show up either.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. BUG: RED Media of certain resolutions causes tearing of image

When editing anamorphic .r3d media at certain resolutions Premiere cause tearing of the image if played back at 1/4 res, and 1/8 res. Thumbnails also exhibit tearing. This was seen on Mac Pro with dual D500 GPUs, version 12.1.1 and PC Version 12.1.1 on Nvidia 1070 ti. Resolution for RED footage is 3240 x 2700 at 2.0 pixel aspect ratio.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Prores raw

Hey! We still wait for the support for ProRes Raw! The beta version doesn't work with it :(

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. VR180 (Stereoscopic Left/Right) Ambisonic Presets Please!

Premiere has fantastic support for VR 360 Monoscopic and VR 360 Over-Under, but has completely neglected VR180. Please add VR180 presets in both the exporter and sequence creation tools

VR180 is a growing market sector!

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base