Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Restore MKV Format Support

Removing MKV Format support has a negative impact on the workflow of people that work with broadcasting software like OBS. Restore MKV support. Having native support for MKVs, even if they don't edit well without generating proxies, saves me a ton of time that I'd otherwise have to spend remuxing/transcoding files.

590 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

161 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. .MKV files should be supported by Premiere Pro

Why Premiere Pro does not support .mkv files? This is the best video editing software, still it does not support .mkv files. Does it make sense from any angle?
    And why would I convert and then import the clip? In general, the most popular formats of videos are .mkv and .mp4. But .mkv provides more quality than .mp4. So, why would I convert the format, where I am going to use the best video editing software in this world?
    This problem is really too much bad for the reputation of Premiere Pro. Please, take needed steps and fix the issue…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. .M2T error retrieving frames - (SOLVED) kinda

To be honest I'm a bit tired of this.
    Had issues with .M2T (rarely with .MTS). Issue started since one of the updates in summer. Basically I and my colleagues can't load ANY .M2T files anymore.
    When problem started in summer I was left alone in studio, all my colleagues went for vacation. I contacted Adobe Care, they said that they didn't find ANY problem. At this point I had no more time to deal with Adobe Care, cause of project deadlines as I was the only editor at the time.

Can't edit any old projects with .M2T files. Can't…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Please bring back the ability to capture DV using firewire

Please bring back the ability to capture DV using firewire 1394
    Terrible that this feature was removed in Catalina. We need to be able to import older tape based material.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Support Blackmagic RAW

Please add support for Blackmagic RAW .BRAW files as soon as possible! This would be a tremendous help to our workflow! .BRAW was released today: https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/blackmagicursaminipro/blackmagicraw

1,558 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

563 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for all the feedback. It’s pretty clear that we’ve got to look into the workflow using this format more closely, there are enough reports about gaps at this point to reopen this item. I’ll post more info about next steps shortly. In the meantime, a couple of questions are easy to answer:

- The plugin is designed for Premiere Pro. It currently doesn’t provide support for After Effects.
    - It does work with AME, so if you want to use it for batch processing, that’s very doable
    - If you’ve started a project with Autokroma, there’s no easy way to transfer it to be running with the new plugin.

Patrick

6. Screen recording on Mac bugs out Premiere Pro - 1.5 years still not fixed

Importing a screen recording from Mac creates various video errors and glitches, some visible during edit, others only after export.

It can be frames entirely green or more complex rendering bugs such as ghosting for up to a second.

The error started 1.5 years ago and has been through many updates of Premiere Pro as well as Mac OS. I see multiple people posting it and I've also seen the error come all the way through into YouTube uploads from multiple people - clearly they didn't notice until it was too late.

Only workaround is to transcode the screenrecordings to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. BUG: OBS Files are not working anymore (APP v14.3.2)

From Adobe Premiere Pro Version 14.3.2 (Build 42) on, MP4 x264 CBR Files created by OBS Software don't work anymore, which destroys my current workflow completely. The last working version is 14.3.1 (build 45).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. ProRes RAW ISO, white-balance and tint controls

Give ProRes Raw control over White-Balance, ISO and tint in raw controls as well as log conversion. Then it will be useable.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. MKV Format Support

The lack of support of MKV is a real let down considering I've paid thousands of dollars to use this software.

I'd like to see support for MKV files. You don't realize the time spent that costs companies because it isn't available. Think..

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. red Komodo files

I just dropped red Komodo R3D files into premiere and keep getting this error? The files are playing fine in Red CineX. Anyone have any clues?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I am using Pr 2020(Beta M1) and I am importing HEVC(h.265) 10 bit 4.2.0 files.

I am using Pr 2020(Beta M1) and I am importing HEVC(h.265) 10 bit 4.2.0 files. They are importing but the colours are very different from the original files.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. DV Capture required

Having always used Premier to capture video from my DV tapes on my mac in the past, I tried as usual today but the DV option is missing.
    After some lengthy discussion with a helpful adobe chat operative I was told to use my windows machine as DV is not supported in the mac version anymore as its now 64 bit. To me this seems like an issue with premier not mac os as it cant still import dv through third party apps, again as advised by the chat operative, but they were not able to tell me which apps…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. .mkv file support

.mkv file support

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. error format not supported

I constantly receive a Format Error for a project that I have been working on since August 2020. Basically this product does not function the way it is supposed to.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. unicode for kurdish language and other languages for motion bro

till now it does not support Kurdish language or some other popular languages around the world it will be very useful if a Unicode comes to it and fix that problem

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. unicode for kurdish language and other languages for motion bro

till now it does not support Kurdish language or some other popular languages around the world it will be very useful if a Unicode comes to it and fix that problem

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. JPEG 2000 MXF OP1a Import Is Too Finicky

Cannot import JPEG 2000 MXF OP1a files created by other sources such as Davinci Resolve.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Bug in 14.9: unable to open .hdr radiance files

Starting with version 14.9, Premiere fails to open any .hdr file with error message: "File format not supported". AE has a similar new bug, with a more verbose error message related to the Radiance.8B import plug-in.

This bug is not present in previous versions. When persisting with version 14.9, one workaround is to use Photoshop to convert the HDR file to an EXR, which does work properly.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Enable HDR for XAVC-L Codec

For UHD 50P HDR Production I need the smallest possible Codec to not fill-up my shared storage. With the latest Adobe Premiere 14.4 release you presented a HDR Workflow for Broadcasters.
    https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/hdr-workflows.html
    That's really awesome and I really appreciate. Thank's a lot.

But when UHD 50p HDR comes to a daily Business for Braodcasters it's necessary to use XAVC-L 200Mbit/s to have a balance between quality and amount of datas.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base