Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Restore MKV Format Support

Removing MKV Format support has a negative impact on the workflow of people that work with broadcasting software like OBS. Restore MKV support. Having native support for MKVs, even if they don't edit well without generating proxies, saves me a ton of time that I'd otherwise have to spend remuxing/transcoding files.

245 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

77 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Support Blackmagic RAW

Please add support for Blackmagic RAW .BRAW files as soon as possible! This would be a tremendous help to our workflow! .BRAW was released today: https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/blackmagicursaminipro/blackmagicraw

1,490 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

543 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for all the feedback. It’s pretty clear that we’ve got to look into the workflow using this format more closely, there are enough reports about gaps at this point to reopen this item. I’ll post more info about next steps shortly. In the meantime, a couple of questions are easy to answer:

- The plugin is designed for Premiere Pro. It currently doesn’t provide support for After Effects.
    - It does work with AME, so if you want to use it for batch processing, that’s very doable
    - If you’ve started a project with Autokroma, there’s no easy way to transfer it to be running with the new plugin.

Patrick

3. Support for ProRes RAW

Support for Apple's newest codec, ProRes RAW and ProRes RAW HQ

1,378 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

389 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone,

as of last night, ProRes RAW is available via the Public Beta program. More info on how it works is available from

https://theblog.adobe.com/introducing-public-beta/

If you wanna learn more about which Adobe products are supported, system requirements and then some, please head over to

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-beta/discuss-prores-raw-support/td-p/11013854?page=1

Note: we’re still ramping up Public Beta, if you don’t see it yet in your region / using your Adobe ID, please either contact me directly (https://www.linkedin.com/in/patrick-j-palmer-b9230a1/) or give this a little more time to show up in your Creative Cloud Desktop Application.

Cheers,
    Patrick

4. FFV1 Support

Hi,

I am hoping for FFV1 support in Adobe Premiere and AE. FFV1 is nationally recommended file format for long term preservation here in Finland (See more info: http://digitalpreservation.fi/files/File-Formats-1.7.0-en.pdf)

16 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Using captions to subtitle a feature film. Am making corrections to the captions, though the corrections appear in the list of captions corr

Using captions to subtitle a feature film. Am making corrections to the captions, though the corrections appear in the list of captions correctly, the old incorrect caption keeps appearing on screen. I have deleted all preview files and render files for the project and tried it both Premiere 14.0.1 and 13.1.5. I am using the Open Captions format for the captions.BTW: I am using a Mac OSX 10.14.6

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I know that Development is preparing support for ProRes RAW. Any idea when it will be released

Any update on the release of ProRes RAW support in Premiere and Media Encoder?

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Hello, New Sigma FP camera is launched and it records in Cinema DNG Format, it would be nice if we can import these files and edit it native

Hello, New Sigma FP camera is launched and it records in Cinema DNG Format, it would be nice if we can import these files and edit it natively, as these cameras are designed for independent filmmakers , the whole idea is to get a project done with lil resources and less heads involved. would really want u to consider and get these files be able to import and edit natively.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Proxy Dimensions in Dialog Box

So, we've finally had to move up to CC2020 (14.0.4), and proxy ingest names have been changed. You no longer have dimensions visible right there in the dialog box, but instead you're given options of Low, Medium, and High resolution.

Initially I thought that Adobe had finally implemented a change we've been asking for, where proxies are based off of the source media dimensions (say half res, third, quarter, etc), but no. It appears as though they're still sticking to specific dimensions (1280x720, 1024x540, etc), but they've just gotten rid of a quick and easy way to spot this by…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Edit timebase

A way of setting the edit timebase to a figure that is different to the fps. For example when we edit in 50p there are 50 frames per second. When this is converted to a 25i clip for broadcast each frame effectively becomes a field of the interlaced clip. Broadcast regulations stipulate that all cuts must be on the upper or odd field, which means that all edits need to be on even frames. Avid allow a way of ensuring this by creating a 50P project but setting the timebase to 25p ensuring cuts can only occur every second frame,…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Adobe must create an AVI CONVERTER FOR MAC!!! AT LEAST!!!

how many earns have adobe per year??? one simple program!!!

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. DNxHD 175 not wo

DNxHD 175 not working, audio only. It is listed as a supported format. This is a quicktime wrapped file. It says AVdn not supported, but on website, it IS supported. which compression types are actually supported?

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Support for .DV footage - a MUST for Documentary Editing

I have a $150,000 feature length documentary that I can't edit now because Adobe dropped support for DV footage. I can't even use Media Encoder to convert the thousands of videos files into a format currently supported because Media Encoder doesn't recognize .DV files. This is a big issue guys. Please help.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. BUG: Need To Add Full H265 10-bit Support

This is an addition to my previous post. So far i've had fairly decent results color correcting and editing H265 10-bit files from my Lumix S1H. However, certain effects, such as Posterize Time, Neat Video and other temporal effects cause the image to not only have a magenta color shift, but also cause color blotching / artifacting that are not actually there. A color shift would have been one thing that could have easily been fixed with another color correction layer. But blotching / artifacts can't be removed and thus require me to first render my clip to ProRes, before…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Fully support .avi and .mp4 video files. If they play in VideoLan, PP should be able to read them without transcoding them using Handbrake.

Fully support .avi and .mp4 video files. If they play in VideoLan, PP should be able to read them without transcoding them using Handbrake.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Restore .dv file support

Please restore the use of .dv files in Premiere. The last version of Premiere that supported them was Premiere CC 2017. Since I updated to Premiere CC 2018/2019, my projects will open but all the .dv files inside a project cannot be viewed and have the "media offline" overlay on them. This has crippled a workflow I have been using for years in Premiere.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. BUG: Premiere Pro 2020 (P2 broken)

Premiere Pro 2020 seems to have broken the P2 folder format and importing clips to bins. No longer will the clips appear at the root folder. When trying to load a clip, the software wants to mine into the individual folders, thus unlinking the audio from the video, making them separate clips.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Implement support for braw NATIVELY

Please add support for braw natively within Premiere Pro, Media Encoder and After Effects which doesn't rely on third party developers. This has been widely sought after for some time and many feel that support and updates should be implemented and exercised through Creative Cloud updates.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Video clipping issue with various codecs

I have run into what seems like a very disturbing bug in Premiere Pro. Currently running 13.1.2 on an iMac with OS 10.14.1 and Blackmagic IO card.

I have a 1920x1080 23.976p sequence with Maximum Bit Depth and Maximum Render Quality selected.

I have camera original clips of various codecs. The problem occurs when a camera original clip has levels above 100ire.

When I put a .mp4 based clip with over 100 levels in the sequence the levels are preserved.

When I put a .mov file containing an XDCam 35 codec with over 100 levels in the sequence, the levels…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. P2 File structure no longer work in media browser 2020!

This has some how been broken in update. Please fix this fast – it's essential to me!

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  2 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base