Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Restore MKV Format Support

Removing MKV Format support has a negative impact on the workflow of people that work with broadcasting software like OBS. Restore MKV support. Having native support for MKVs, even if they don't edit well without generating proxies, saves me a ton of time that I'd otherwise have to spend remuxing/transcoding files.

56 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

16 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Support for ProRes RAW

Support for Apple's newest codec, ProRes RAW and ProRes RAW HQ

1,172 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

281 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Here’s an update on where we’re at with including support for ProRes RAW: we’re getting closer to the finish line.

You can expect to see it supported with one of the upcoming releases of Premiere Pro. Expect more details on this towards the end of Q4.

Cheers,
    Patrick

3. Canon XF705 (MXF) file format

Please allow Premiere Pro to accept the Canon XF705 (MXF) file format. It's H.265 HEVC. Over a month since release, with no ability to edit.

50 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

52 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Implement support for braw NATIVELY

Please add support for braw natively within Premiere Pro, Media Encoder and After Effects which doesn't rely on third party developers. This has been widely sought after for some time and many feel that support and updates should be implemented and exercised through Creative Cloud updates.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. I want to rewrap AVCHD material to other formats (MOV etc.).

Recently, recording on tapes has decreased, and recording on cards has been increasing rapidly.
    In particular, it is often recorded in AVCHD.
    However, AVCHD is very cumbersome because multiple clips are stored in one file.
    I can not handle clips as single files. There are several disadvantages associated with this.

1. It is inconvenient for delivery because the clip can not be treated as a single unit

2. When migrating projects with multiple editing software such as AAF and XML, file management becomes complicated and difficult to handle.

3. It is very confusing because each card has a clip with…

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Support .XMLFCPX and .MXF files

Please support this file, my clients have been limited due to the problems in moving from FCP to Pr. I couldn't get MXF files to open or even find a way to transcode them.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Support WEBM

I can encode VP9 by using 3rd party software or plugin, but we need more than 3 hours to encord 6 min video. I tried other ways.[Use CUDA, Open CL etc...]
    Google has movd into VP9, so please support it!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Ability to batch change specific RED metadata

I'm sharing this idea from another user, Niko Pueringer (thank you, Nick!), as there's no need to rewrite this. If you do a quick Google search, you'll find that several users are in dire need of this feature...

From Nick's Post:

There are only a few things holding back Lumetri from being a perfect powerhouse for my coloring workflow, and the inability to batch change specific RED metadata changes has been my biggest challenge when coloring R3D files in Premiere.

There are a lot of situations where I need this. For example, if I want to change the gamma space…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Improve Project Manager in Premiere

I would like a simple, effective way of consolidating an edited project. Quit forcing me to conform my footage to a single format!!!!.

FCP 7 had the option to simply trim and not transcode source material for a media managed backup, and this was available over 10 years ago!!!!!

Why will adobe not add this feature? I could trim the project, and not lose any quality from my source material through re-encodes! I would love to have this as a feature!!!!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ADD IT ASAP!

When working on a project with multiple formats, resolutions and codecs, your Project…

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. ProRes RAW, and replace lumetri for a better color grading option, maybe Camera Raw

ProRes RAW, and replace lumetri for a better color grading option, maybe Camera Raw

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. CinemaDNG

Premiere Pro does not properly support CinemaDNG media. For starters, not all versions can be imported, specifically the media coming from the Blackmagic Ursa cameras.

But even for the versions that can be imported, support for the format is still lacking to the point of unusability.

The Media Browser will not see all the clips at the same time. We're forced to go into every individual clip folder for import duties. This is untenable.

The RAW controls available are limited to Temp, Tint and Exposure. The controls that are possible and must be implemented are:

White Balance
    Color Space
    Gamma …

122 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Please replace DPX support in Premier. It's gone after 12.0.0 and we can't go back to 12.0.0

I often times receive DPX files directly from a high quality film scanner and need to convert to video for color correction, editing and creating content. Why was the support removed from Premier after 12.0.0 ? Will this ever be added back in to the newer versions? This is a HUGE issue now that I've discovered the real issue.
    Thanks,
    Tim

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 480i@60 footage mistakenly seen as 30fps

I capture gameplay footage from a PS2 using an AVerMedia Game Capture HD (C281). The video is 480i@60Hz

Here's some sample footage: https://mega.nz/#!so4XCa5Q!sMxRIbsqT9ByIktSYs6TV4VBkA47vWagDULOqZ53b0g

Premiere Pro mistakenly recognises this as 29.97 rather than the correct 59.94

Hopefully this is of help for you to fix the problem

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Bug: Monochrome 16-bit TIFFs (RLE compressed) results in black image

As the titles says, monochrome (1-channel) TIFFs in 16 bit depth don't render at all, I am forced to convert them all to RGB TIFFs for this to work and thus the file size balloons unnecessarily

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Something wrong with C300 Mark ii processing

There's a lot of banding and artifacts when you bring in footage from the C300 Mark II footage. It took me awhile to notice it because it was so slight. When I bring my footage in Resolve the banding and artifacts are no longer there. What are you guys doing to C300 footage.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Please Contact DJI Osmo Mobile 3 for their MIMO app Codec

Please Contact DJI Osmo Mobile 3 and get their Codec for their MIMO App, PrPro will not play their video if it goes thru the MIMO app, it does however play Apple iPhone video without a problem.

ps., please don't recommend HandBrack to transcode and fix the problem - too much time is wasted doing this, besides we're purist's and always want to use the original clips.

Thank you Adobe :))

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Have better support for HEIC image filetypes.

Apple is using HEIC now for images, using these in your project I have found tends to make it crash. There needs to be better support for HEIC images in the media library and sequence.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Respect Color Metadata When Decoding Video Files

Video files carry three pieces of color metadata (color primary, transfer function and matrix coefficients), Premiere Pro ignores all of them and decodes using BT.709 by default.

Some cameras encode files using BT.601 matrix and when decoded incorrectly with BT.709 matrix, the color will be wrong.

Emerging format such as Hybrid Log Gamma for HDR uses BT.2020 matrix, again when this is decoded using BT.709 matrix, the color will be wrong.

Please respect the color metadata tags when decoding video files.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Premiere 12.1.2 - X-OCN ST clips show up as black

I have MXF clips from the Sony Venice recorded at 23.98 with the "F55_X-OCN_ST_3840_2160" video codec, which produce a black screen for video playback. The ISO was set to 500 on the camera. Nowhere does it say this format isn't supported by 12.1.2, only the XT format is listed as not working. Is there a patch codec I can download / install for 12.1.2 to get it to work or am I forced to upgrade Premiere?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?

Please do not use your Adobe ID and password.

Feedback and Knowledge Base