Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Support for Nikon NRaw

Can we please get support for Nikon's NRAW codec? Resolve and Edius already have it cooked up and ready to go. This reactive rather proactive approach to codec integration is really disappointing. First it was Prores RAW (still ongoing issues) and now NRAW. How about Adobe show Nikon shooters a bit of love here?

62 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

24 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi all,

Thanks for the feedback on N-RAW. It is a format we are interested in supporting but we don't currently have date for when that will happen. II will provide an update when I have more information to share.

Note: There were a couple of comments in the thread about ProRes RAW, including some useful tips. I have deleted those, as I want to make sure that this thread is dedicated to N-RAW. There is a separate thread regarding improving support for ProRes RAW.

Regards,

Fergus

2. Compability with WebM - Fnordware not working on Mac OS

To import and export WebM formats. There is a external pluging from fnordware that is not compatible with OSX

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Better Controls to Export an Animated GIF

On behalf of editors, I request better controls for exporting an animated GIF file from Premiere Pro. Currently, the file size of these files is often too large to post on websites and social media sites. The results are better using Photoshop > Save for Web (Legacy). Editors would rather not use Photoshop and simply need more control over the size and quality of the exported file. Is this possible?

This forum post currently has over 56,000 visits. Kindly upvote this feature request so that others may have this ability to create GIFs easily and with a lower file size.…

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Better support for vertical video

I desperately need an easy way to rotate and review vertical clips in the project folder. Some cameras import clips in the correct orientation, but many do not, and even when they do, they are often upside down. Please create an easy 'ROTATE' option for scrubbing footage and organizing clips in the project panel. I anticipate over 50% of the video I will edit next year will be vertical. thank you.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Premiere Degrades Quality of H.265 HEVC Footage With Non-GPU Accelerated Effects

I’ve noticed what appears to be a bug in how Premiere renders H.265/HEVC footage after applying certain effects. From what I can tell, if an effect is not natively GPU accelerated, the image will be degraded by color noise/artifacting and perhaps a color shift. It essentially looks the same as if using MPE Software Only.

Effects such as Warp Stabilizer don’t cause this, as I don’t think they are in the same processing pipeline, but I have found that the following do:
    Camera Blur
    Neat Video
    Color Balance
    Flicker Free (older non-GPU acceleration version)
    Luma Key
    Posterize Time

Out of…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. MD5 checksum and modification date change constantly for Sony MP4 files

There appears to be a very serious issue with Sony MP4 files in both Premiere Pro 22.6.2 and 23.1.0 beta build 20. I have done tests with macOS Monterey. I don't know whether the same issues are present on Windows, but I expect Adobe QA engineers to figure this out, as they do a root cause analysis.

Simply switching from Premiere Pro to Finder in macOS and back, makes the MD5 checksum and modification date change. This breaks all concepts of data integrity, and is causing major issues for any media asset management system that use MD5 checksums to ensure…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. "I-frame first" fast seeking for inter frame compressed video files

When you are "seeking," (which means QUICKLY looking through a long video by clicking and dragging the playhead with the cursor,) there is sometimes very high "prefetch latency," meaning that frames will load slowly, resulting in very few frames being shown. This can make it very difficult to find what you're looking for.

But when seeking, perfect frame accuracy is not nearly as important as seeing what you're doing. Therefore, to reduce the "prefetch latency," I suggest that the nearest I-frame is loaded and displayed FIRST, (because I-frames are always the fastest to load) while the exact B or P…

241 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Bug: 960x540 DNxHR LB clip in MXF OP1a container stays as media pending after import and wrongly shows as 1280x540

We rendered a 960x540 DNxHR LB clip in MXF OP1a container out of DaVinci Resolve.

Upon trying to import it into Premiere Pro, the Project Panel metadata wrongly shows that clip as being 1280x540, even though VLC and DaVinci Resolve show it correctly as 960x540. After importing, the clip is stuck showing the "Media Pending" graphic and won't show that actual footage.

Rendering the same clip from DaVinci Resolve as 960x540 DNxHR LB in a QuickTime MOV container allows Premiere Pro to import the clip fine, show it correctly as 960x540, and show the footage just fine.

So this appears…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. URGENT - AVCHD spanned clip audio no longer importing and playing in 22.3.2 build 2 - URGENT

HELP!!!!
    When importing media from cameras with the AVCHD media folder structure using the Media Browser (as you have to, in order to get metadata such as timecode), Premiere will no longer register any audio for spanned clips (clips made up of multiple files to account for legacy systems that cannot use media files over 2GB). On the timeline, the entire video clip is present, but there is no peak file data or audio. When you look in the media folder on the hard drive, Premiere creates a peak (.pek) file for the first media file, but not for the…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Fuji F Log color space for Pro Res RAW

Can you add a colour space for fuji F Gammut / F-log to use with pro Res RAW footage. You have the space for C Log, D Log, N Log, V Log, and S Log can you please add the F Log space so we can use our fuji cameras. Its possible to do this in Resolve its annoying its not available in premier.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. R3D Playback in Premiere Pro on MacBook Pro with M1 Max

I edited the trailer for a documentary project on my old Intel iMac on Mojave this past August with no issue. The majority of the footage in the project are R3D files. I recently started editing the full-length film (same footage) with a new MacBook Pro with M1 Max, Mac OS 12.2, and Premiere 22.1.2, and I'm now getting a number of issues.

-Most importantly, I'm getting corrupted frames (see below) on export, and sometimes when just opening a sequence or pausing in the timeline.
    -When loading Multicam clips in the source monitor, I see the two correct camera angles…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. BUG: Taking Proxies "to go" results in an audio track configuration error

I stopped trying to create my own proxy presets because there are just too many caveats. I now make all footage that comes with 2 or fewer tracks H264 Low Res proxies and 3 tracks of audio and above get ProRes Proxy Low Res proxies using Premiere's own presets so I never run into the audio track mismatch issue.
    So far, that had worked perfectly. Today, though, I copied all the proxies for a project to an external SSD along with all other necessary elements needed to open the project away from my main system and be able to work.…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add support for Blackmagic BRAW Gyro datas for warp stabilizer

Since Blackmagic updated the firmware in 7.9 for the Pocket Cinema Line, gyro datas are now stored in the BRAW files and can be used for post-stailization in Davinci Resolve.
    Please do the same for the warp stabilizer

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Import and Export Video with AV01 codec

It would be great to have the option to import and export with AV01 codec on Premiere.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Auto Portrait to Landscape

I sometimes accidently video in portrait on my phone and struggle to change it to Landscape. Please make this an easy function.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Bug! Premiere plays audio from HEVC too early. Possible Codec Issue

Premiere plays HEVC audio up to two frames too early and displays up to two frames of no audio at the end of clips. Not an issue in Resolve or Final Cut Pro

I make small H.264 proxies of HEVC footage from Canon C70 cameras so editors can download footage quickly. Sometimes clips have 4 channel audio so I have to make proxies in Compressor or EditReady. We noticed that there is a discrepancy in the audio of two frames between the original footage and the proxy footage. This is a HUGE problem and waste of time when reconnecting full…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Time Tuner audio cut off when exporting from populated sequence

I have four :30 promos on a sequence. There are six Mono Tracks with Video and Titles. I want to take the fourth spot on the timeline and speed it up from :51 to :45. I mark In and Out, Ctl-M for Export, Select the Time Tuner and set the duration to :45 (which by the way always has to be manually typed in). After export, the video is perfect but the audio cuts out half way through the spot. Silence.

The workaround was to duplicate the sequence. Remove everything I did not want Time Tuned and bring the spot…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Bug Report: Premiere Pro 22.2 Canon Cinema RAW Light Audio Playback Issues

When playing back canon cinema RAW light footage from my C200 the audio will drop out after 4 seconds while the video keeps playing. Then when I start stop the audio will start playing again before dropping out. The audio meter also drops out. When pairing the clip with separate audio it works fine. But even unlinking audio from the camera this doesn't help the issue. Anytime the audio from the camera is paired with the clip I see the same issue. Makes it impossible to playback clips to watch and review unfortunately.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Cody, 

Can you tell me a few things about your setup? 

1. What operation system & version are you using? 
    2. What version of Premiere Pro? 
    3. What frame rate is the video from your C200? 
    4. Is this a new problem; have you previously been able to use C200 media successfully? 

C200 media is playing fine on my computer so it would be good to get some more info from you. 

Regards,

Fergus

20. BUG REPORT: 5.1 will not export as 5.1 in new export window under waveform audio format listing.

5.1 will not export as 5.1 in new export window under waveform audio format channel listing. When 5.1 is selected it automatically switches back to mono forcing me to send export out to media encoder where it works.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 10 11
  • Don't see your idea?