Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. BUG (v15.4.1) - h264 encodes are poor quality on M1 MacMini

h264 exports done on an M1 MacMini show significantly more compression artefacts than those done on non-M1 hardware. In investigating the problem I noticed that the file sizes are significantly smaller than expected and digging into the export shows that the resultant bitrate is only around 60% of what it should be. This is across all the built-in presets that use single-pass h264 hardware encoding as well as any custom ones. To prove the point I encoded the same file on several platforms, (both Mac and PC), with several export presets. See the attached file that shows the results.

h264…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. GoPro10 Compatibility with time lapse

GoPro10 shoots time-lapse that is not supported yet by Adobe Premier Pro or Rush if you take the time-lapse video and try to render it, the video freezes and/or very choppy. You can run it in "encoder" to have a work around but since GoPro10 is the latest camera out by GoPro, Adobe should be keeping up with the latest formats and offer support for those newer cameras.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Add Rec.2100HLG as an export option to H.265

I think if Adobe could somehow add Rec.2100HLG as a Mastering Display Color Volume (Color Primaries) Export option for HEVC/H.265; like how it's an option with QuickTime, it would make everyone's lives better! I have a threadripper 3970X so I don't care if it's software or hardware. Please Adobe, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE Add Rec.2100HLG as an export option to H.265 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻
    Rec2020 just isn’t the same and doesn’t show up as HDR on YouTube.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Export issue when you ADD FRAME HOLD for a graphic (Premiere pro Mac M1 version)

I recently upgraded to Mac M1 updated version of Premiere pro... works like a jiffy now.
    Found out this problem recently which happens in few exports...
    When I use a text animation graphic... and use ADD FRAME HOLD feature to extend the text all thru the timeline..... while working on premiere pro it doesn't show any issue... but once you export the video... there are duplicate images coming in the exported video (SCREENSHOT ENCLOSED).

The only work around I found for time being was to remove ADD FRAME HOLD portion of the Text graphic... and then COPY PASTE the graphic…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Latest M1 Release Crashes My External SSD

On the latest update for M1 macs an error message appears that “frame couldn’t be found” due to not finding my external drive.

Seems like the export causes the drive to not function properly. This is a huge issue, please fix ASAP.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. enable custom frame rate on export in premiere pro 2020

Please enable 'custom' frame rate option on export settings,
    so that users who are editing for example source footage
    coming from 8mm or 16mm based on frame rates like 16fps or 18fps,
    can export them to such frame rates or other.
    you can check the thread here:
    https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/export-18fps-sequence/td-p/10486209?page=1

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Remove the "analyzing" overlay on exports

Remove the "analyzing" overlay on exports

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. BUG: H.264 export

When exporting from Adobe Premiere 2021 to H.264, there are audio issues in Quicktime playback. If you start from the beginning it is fine, but scrubbing along the timebar creates an exponential audio lag. This issue did not occur in Adobe Premiere 2020 or other previous versions.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add a button to export the new transcript feature, as a text file/srt from the transcript window

Just add a button or option in the transcript window to export the transcript as an srt/text file

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. H.264 with odd number of resolution

Currently Premiere can't export H.264 files with odd number of resolutions. I tried to export 620x891 because this is resolution demand on biggest Finnish newspaper Helsingin Sanomat.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. BETA VERSION NEEDS WORK with clip speed

If you adjust the speed of a clip or animation on the timeline in Premiere Pro BETA, it doesn't export properly.. its jitters and looks dreadful. as soon as you go into timeline and reset clip/animation speed, it exports fine. SO wont be using at the moment on the M1 Mac mini ( PS.. After Affects M1 versions????)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. BUG - flattening multiclip sound ignores selection

I'm editing a live-to-tape performance. I have 5 cameras and 7 audio sources all synced using a Multiclip.

I edited using the Multi-Camera menu to select both cameras and sound sources.

Once I'm finished, and I send my exported audio project as an AAF, I encounter a very bad problem. All my audio selections are ignored, and replaced by whichever tracks is top-most is the original multiclip.

The same happens when I flatten an audio multiclip selection. You can see it in the attached screenshot.

Please note how all the audio clips change name when I flatten.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. BUG - flattening multiclip sound ignores selection

I'm editing a live-to-tape performance. I have 5 cameras and 7 audio sources all synced using a Multiclip.

I edited using the Multi-Camera menu to select both cameras and sound sources.

Once I'm finished, and I send my exported audio project as an AAF, I encounter a very bad problem. All my audio selections are ignored, and replaced by whichever tracks is top-most is the original multiclip.

The same happens when I flatten an audio multiclip selection. You can see it in the attached screenshot.

Please note how all the audio clips change name when I flatten.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Consolidate and Transcode is not consolidating nor transcoding MXF to H264 (PPro 14.4.0, b38, Mojave)

It says that "some clips have frame sizes, rates, field or aspect ratio differing from the selected preset" while they're absolutely identical (see the screenshots please).

Also, what's the POINT of transcoding, if one can't convert stuff freely??

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Project Manager - Consolidate and Transcode is not consolidating nor transcoding MXF to H264 (PPro 14.4.0, b38, Mojave)

It says that "some clips have frame sizes, rates, field or aspect ratio differing from the selected preset" while they're absolutely identical (see the screenshots please).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Project Manager - Consolidate and Transcode is not consolidating nor transcoding MXF to H264 (PPro 14.4.0, b38, Mojave)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Project Manager - Consolidate and Transcode is not consolidating nor transcoding MXF to H264 (PPro 14.4.0, b38, Mojave)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. BUG - Video Limiter broken in 15.0+

The video limiter effect does not appear to actually "stick" to exports (specifically for DNxHD SQ 1080i MOV exports, but perhaps others).

This is the case whether the addition video limiter setting within the Media Encoder dialog box is used or not.

The bug was introduced with version 15.0, but is not fixed as of 15.2.

I tested this by exporting an MOV file with the limiter effect applied and then bringing it back into Premiere, and checking the levels within the Lumetri Scopes panel.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Remember the last export location in the projectfile.

It would be great if the project file stores the last location you exported to.

So when I open a project that I worked on yesterday and I choose Export Media, the export location is set to the last time I exported for that project.

If I never used Export Media in that project, it should go to the last export location I used in a different project.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base