Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Project Manager - Consolidate and Transcode is not consolidating nor transcoding MXF to H264 (PPro 14.4.0, b38, Mojave)

It says that "some clips have frame sizes, rates, field or aspect ratio differing from the selected preset" while they're absolutely identical (see the screenshots please).

Also, what's the POINT of transcoding, if one can't convert stuff freely??

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Exporting a sequence to a file doesn't follow sequence name

I have a big problem with the new way that the Export window is working by only updating the output filename manually. I have a project with 13 episodes. Each episode is a different sequence with a carefully written name. I expect that when I export a sequence that it will create a filename with that same name as the sequence or at least something close to it with a version number. Instead, they all come out with Episode 1's name with 1111 etc as a method of weird versioning. Can we please go back to the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Audio out of sync external export from Premiere Pro

Since the most recent update to Premiere Pro that occurred earlier this week, (v. 15.0), every one of my exports to H.264 format has rendered MP4 files that are out of sync between audio and video, particularly as a video goes on, and if there is any scrubbing back and forth in the video. Originally, this seemed only a problem in playback in the QuickTime Player, but now every application I use for playback has the same issue after the export from Premiere. I am using the settings assigned by the application (Match Source-High Bitrate). The video has no problem…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Loudness Normalisation - Ignore before user specified timecode

When I export a file for delivery and select loudness normalisation it will look at the entire sequence and apply these changes.

The problem with this is the Tone within the head build will be affected (e.g -18 tone will become -17.4).

If there was a feature within the loudness normalisation section to ignore before a user specified timecode range (e.g ignore before 10:00:00:00) it would allow users to export final deliverables with the correct loudness and peak without effecting tone in the head build. This would make workflows quicker and cleaner.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Request for Dynamic link to MediaEncorder

現状ではタイムラインで開いたシーケンスしかMediaEncorderへレンダリングタスクを送ることができないようですが、プロジェクトパネルから複数のシーケンスを選択し、コンテキストメニューからタスクを送れるようにしていただけると助かります。

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Export Frame Bug

When exporting a frame from the program monitor by clicking the little camera icon labeled 'Export Frame' it exported the entire clip as an exr sequence not just the one frame. This is a new bug.

Also it often uses the proxy file instead of the original, that is an old bug that should be a simple fix.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. An option to include pauses [...] in the text file for a transcript.

This will be a great option if someone wants to know where the speakers paused and possibly why.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 14.9 without logging in YT

Adobe Premiere Pro 14.9. After temporarily installing and uninstalling the Beta version, I lost the ability to log in when exporting to my YT account and uploading the movie directly there. A few hours of contact with the technical support, re-uploading the Adobe package, the same effect. When you try to log in, a message stating that the browser is unsafe. As a result, the problem is reported to the engineers, but will be solved only in the currently supported versions. The version from last year is no longer supported ... Trust in Adobe is plummeting.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Marker HTML Export Should have this code:

pre {
    white-space: normal;
    word-break: normal;
    }

inside the <style type="text/css"> tag in html source code!

Look the before and after in attached file:

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Upon export, I used to be able to click on a existing file name and have it auto-populate the file name when I have multiple versions

Upon export, I used to be able to click on a existing file name and have it auto-populate the file name. Can't do that now.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Issue With Glitches In Exports

I'm using a M1 Mac, and have updated to the latest version of Creative Cloud that is compatible with it. I'm trying to export a video, and every time at different spots, there are these weird glitches in the video, like in the attached files. This happens in both Premiere Pro and Media Encoder.

When I first had this problem, I switched from Hardware Encoding to Software Encoding and that appeared to solve the problem. However, this problem has resurfaced despite being in Software Encoding and messing with different export settings.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. make transparent gif

Hi there // just trying to export a gif with a transparent background and the only way to do it is to make a png image sequence, import it as individual layers in Photoshop, then make a transparent gif file.

It would be great if there was a way to make a transparent gif directly out of Premiere, as it's taking ages to load the frames into PS.

Many thx!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. More transport export options please :)

Hello! Loving the new text to speech feature so much! Thanks team. Hoping accuracy will improve in time, but for now, it's really good! To make Premiere Pro a complete one stop shop for my work flow, it would be great to have more customisation when it comes to transcript export options, particularly the way transcripts are formatted.

For instance, I would like to format and export .txt transcripts as follows:

[HH:MM:SS.FR] SPEAKER: Dialogue.

[00:00:00.00] SPEAKER 1: What ever they said.
    [00:00:20.30] SPEAKER 2: Their response
    [00:00:25.05] SPEAKER 3: [LAUGHS]

etc. I hope that makes sense. Thank you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. HEVC export from Premiere Pro version 15.2 is lacking Mastering Display Metadata, compared to export from version 14.0

I have been testing HEVC export for HDR10 workflow from Premiere Pro. With video files exported from version 14.0.0 the Mastering Display Metadata is included as 'side data' in each video frame. With video files exported from version 15.2.0 there is no 'side data', despite using the same export settings. Could this be a bug, or are there new setting/options in version 15.2.0 to support the export of HEVC with Mastering Display Metadata for HDR10 workflows? Kind regards, Ali

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Bug in Premiere Pro 2022 on Windows

Updated Premiere Pro to 2022 about a week ago, and could not export in h.264. It kept giving me a render issue, I pre-rendered my entire project and still, it gave me the same error. After that I trouble-shooted by restarting the program, restarting my computer, and then I tried exporting out of Media Encoder. Same issue. I stepped back to 2021 and it fixed the issue. Let me know when this gets worked out. :)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Exported video showing washed out colors

I'm using Premiere Pro v22 and now all my exports are washed out as though none of the color adjustments were applied to the export.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Encoding bug with version 15.4.1

MacBook Pro (13-inch, M1, 2020)
    Apple M1
    16 GB

Premiere version:15.4.1

When I encode the video, I get some flickers especially with gif animations.
    The problem is improved by version down to 15.2, but it takes too long to encode then.
    The encoding time in 15.4.1 is approximately 10min for the video whose duration is 30min but in 15.2, it takes more than 1.5 hours...
    The video duration is the same.

If it takes that long for every single video, I cannot finish my work and my client also get angry.
    Please fix the problem.

Thank you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Timecode broken on trimmed exports

Steps to failure:
    1) Import MP4 files (GoPro source) with a valid timecode track -- Premiere Pro reads these correctly. I used three clips, one at 23.976, 25 and 29.97 fps.
    2) Reveal each in the source window, trim off 5 second off from the beginning and export each to a new MP4 (timecode should increase 5 seconds -- or not have timecode.)
    3) Import the trimmed MP4s.

see picture:
    23.976 source timecode went form 10:56:33:01 to 11:25:05:08
    25 source timecode didn't change, even with 5s trim from the start: 10:57:42:03
    29.97 source timecode went from 10:57:23:20 to 11:20:03:23

The…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Audio out of sync after export when using h.265 or h.264 codec

Audio falls out of sync after a few minutes into video when I export using h.265 or h.264. The video starts out in sync. It does not happen when I export as an .mpeg file. Playback during editing is fine, it only happens after export.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Set a custom thumbnail preview for videos

It is very surprising that Adobe has not made a custom video thumbnail option standard in Premiere pro.
    It should at the very least be the first frame not a random spot in the video. This is very disappointing and an obvious over sight.
    Please fix.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base