Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Default to last used Preset in Quick Export!

Ironically, the Quick Export window is not designed to be... Quick!

The regular Export Settings Window always defaults to the last used preset when used, which is the logical/intelligent approach since it's far more likely a user will want to use the last used preset when exporting again rather than the arbitrary first entry in the list of Presets.

So why then, does the new 'Quick' Export always default to the first, arbitrary entry in its list of presets?!

If a user always wants to use the same "High Quality 720p HD" preset each time they export with Quick Export,…

3 votes
    Sign in Sign in with: Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Bug: Using Export Frame on clips with proxies (even if proxies not toggled), results in low res JPGs

Using Export Frame on any clip with a proxy attached (even if proxies not active) results in JPGs and PNGs in the proxy-resolution. This seems to happen at random.

During some troubleshooting, oddly it seemed to matter which window (ie Program, Timeline, etc..) was active (highlighted in blue) but this actually reversed between different projects, and ultimately using Export Frame results in low-res and full-res frame grabs at random.

Clips that don't have proxies don't seem to have this issue.

Native media in my examples were .mxf and .mp4

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Hardware Encoding Video Transition Problem

I have contrast problem before and after transition effects when rendering with Hardware Encoding in Premiere Pro.

My Software Information:
    Premiere Pro CC 2020
    Video Transition Effect: Dip To Black, Page Peel, Slide, Wipe, Red Giant Universe (In short, any transition effect.)

Hardware Information:
    AMD 4600H processor, Nvidia 1650Ti GPU
    (drivers are up to date)

I explained my problem in a video:
    https://youtu.be/a0Qe9659Vdo

Software Encoding has no problem, but renders slow.
    Hardware Encoding renders faster, I can't give up on it.
    Any Help?

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. BUG: Premiere 14.3.1 - Selecting Level 5.2 in h.264 MP4 export leads to strange settings

File/Export/H.264

Selecting Level 5.2, (needed for 2160p60), in Encoding Settings means that Hardware Encoding changes to Software Encoding. Reselecting Hardware Encoding results in a message saying that "Your system doesn't support hardware acceleration". However this doesn't happen in any other level, including 6.0 and above.

What I've also noticed is that in all other Levels, under "Bitrate encoding: VBR, 1 pass" you only have a Target Bitrate, but with 5.2 selected you also have a Maximum Bitrate option, which is what you'd normally only get with "VBR, 2 pass". So it looks like with Level 5.2 selected Premiere gives you…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Glitch in frames while outputting to H.265

Glitch in latest build of Premier Pro while outputting to H.265.
    All the videos I've done since the last update will randomly included a glitched frame or two in the video while exporting to H.265. The only fix I've found is to either purge the cache and render again or change the format to H.264.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Function to export all clips from one sequence separately

Sometimes customers want just to have clips delivered to do internal project from the clips which have been filmed and they do not want a sequence of clips and not a video edited.
    So we need to apply some corrections on each clips (stabilization, color corrections, cut of some part of one clip etc) before to be able to deliver them these clips.

But problem, there is no way to export individual clips from a Premiere Pro sequence at once. We need to put in and out on each clip in the sequence and add clip by clip in a…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Chapter Markers when Exporting to YouTube

Camtasia has a very nice feature when exporting and publishing directly to YouTube that automatically puts chapter markers into the description, which YouTube reads and renders as in-video chapter markers. I expected PremierPro to do so same since it has an option to publish directly to YouTube. I was disappointed when it didn't do that, because now I have to go back in and manually add the chapter markers.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Version 14.5 - File Export Bug Report - Corrupted File

The following happens while using h.264 encoder and hardware encoding.

I've set bitrate to CBR 60 mbps

I get the message "Export successful"

The exported file is somehow corrupted. Estimated filesize is roughly 40 gb. However, the filesize of the actual exported file is only 20 gb. During encoding the filesize of a temporary file was roughly 40 gb just before the encoding was completed.

According to file properties the lenght of the video is 1 h 30 min (which it should be since that is the lenght of the sequence). Total bitrate is 62954 kbps. However, since the filesize…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add a Preference to TURN OFF SUCCESS MESSAGE on Export

Please allow us to turn off the New Success Alert when you export. We made it many years without it and it's very annoying. It's an extra pat on the back I just don't need. Thank you.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Default to last used Source Range setting in Export Settings window (instead of 'Work Area')

When exporting from the Export Settings window, the Source Range setting should default to the last setting used rather than always defaulting to 'Work Area'.

The reason for this is obvious: If a user last exported using the 'Entire Sequence' option, for example, it is MUCH more likely the next time they export, they'll want to use the same option again rather than 'Work Area'.

I believe that features like this should go under the category of 'Respect'. Workflows that facilitate users rather than punish them with easily avoidable extra clicks here and there are workflows that respect a user's…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. When using

When using Hardware Encoding the file size is not the same as the estimated file size shown on the export screen.

This is correct for software encoding but when using hardware encoding the exported file size is much smaller. Is this by design or is there a fault?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. export to youtube

I still can't export my videos to youtube, it tells me to sign in which I do but it makes me sign in over and over and nothing works, this is bs I pay for this and it won't even work, no tech support has helped me, it's bs!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. HDR Encoding(REC2020), via HEVC(H265) using GPU Acceleration

Hi, my name is Andrew. I use Premier Pro to make my YouTube videos, I love the program. I use gpu acceleration for encoding via HEVC (H.265) which is much faster, but I would like to encode HDR REC2020 primaries, but it only lets me choose Via software which takes forever. Do you think GPU acceleration for HDR via HEVC (H.265) will be available soon for a future update?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Data Burn In Window

It would be amazing if Adobe could include a data burn in window allowing us to EASILY add various data to picture outputs. A competing program has this amazing panel that makes it super simple. See the attached screenshot.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Data Burn In Window like Davinci Resolve

It would be amazing if Adobe could include a data burn in window allowing us to EASILY add various data to picture outputs. Davinci Resolve has this amazing panel that makes it super simple. See the attached screenshot.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Quick Export Bug: 'Export' button no longer keyboard activatable after changing Preset or Name

When calling up the Quick Export window, the blue 'Export' button can be activated by pressing Enter on the keyboard. This is logical and quick.

However, if a user changes the file name/location, pressing Enter no longer does anything because it is no longer selected.

After changing the export Preset, pressing Enter opens up the list of presets again since it becomes the active window element the moment a user clicks on it. This might make sense from a programmer's point of view, but it does NOT make sense from an end user's POV. The only way to activate the…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Quicktime plus watermark bug

Version 14.6.0 Quicktime files from different Nikon dslr (D750) not rendering correctly when any object like a logo or watermark is over on an other video track. The video file becomes a little bit faded when there's an object on top. Tried this with other Quicktime from Fuji and there's no problem. Work around is to reencode original files to other format, but this bug was not there in previous versions.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Exporting DNx mov - colour space issue

When exporting DNx formats in an mov wrapper out of Premiere, the resulting media file's colour space is heavily altered. Most noticeably, the black levels are very elevated resulting in a washed out look. These exports are unusable.
    We've found a workaround consisting of applying the 'Legal to Full Range' effect to the clip in the timeline before exporting. While this workaround results in an export with the intended colour space, it's not ideal and presents an opportunity for more errors.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base