Skip to content

Premiere Pro

ANNOUNCEMENT - This forum is moving

In an effort to improve communications between you and the Premiere Pro team, we are moving this feedback forum to the Premiere Pro page on the Adobe Support Community. As requested, bugs and feature requests will be able to live separately in that forum.

This move is happening in part to acknowledge that we haven't been responsive enough here, and we are combining our forums to help remedy that. Ideas and their attached comments from this UserVoice forum will be migrated based on how many people voted for them. Check your profile on the Adobe Support Community to see any migrated posts that you've created or commented on. If you have an item here that did not make the migration, please bring it over to our new home.

See you soon on the Adobe Support Forum!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

982 results found

1. Random crash when exporting a project to Final Cut Pro XML with VST3 plug-ins

Windows 10
    Premiere Pro 22.3.1 (Build 2)

Premiere Pro randomly crashes when a project containing one (or more) VST3 plug-ins is exported to Final Cut Pro XML.

How to reproduce it:

• Add a VST3 plug-in to an audio clip;
    • Select file -> export -> Final Cut Pro XML;
    • (get a Translation Report warning about the effect not being translated, should be harmless);
    • get a random crash after a while.

The crash is non-deterministic: sometimes it happens right away, sometimes after Premiere is sent to background below another app, sometimes after I delete the XML file manually.

The crash occurs also…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Under Review  ·  4 comments  ·  Export  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Bug in Loudness Normalization export effect for multichannel audio

If you apply Loudness Normalization to multichannel audio (I tried 5.1 + 2.0), every even-numbered channel ends up being entirely muted. This effectively renders this feature useless.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Export  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. modifications to the new export panel

There are 3 issues i think needs to be addressed there:
    1. when exporting in/out range (which is the most common use), the preview should narrow down just for this area
    even worse, it actually keeps the marker where it is on the timeline, sometimes showing you a completely different part and makes you think you marked wrong your exporting area
    plus by having the whole timeline shown, it the timeline is large and in/out area small, navigating could be a hassle

1. in windows, have an options to use default windows interface to save filename. having to manually enter it…
    7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Export  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Export a timeline as a Individual Clips

Hello Everyone,

I am editing videos for stock footages. I collect the shots I took and then put them on the timeline, I export them after editing, but I have to export them one by one, it's a waste of time. If the videos in the entire timeline were automatically named and exported with one click, as in the Davinci program (individual clips), it will be easier for me and those who do stock video work, and they will not think about switching to Davinci. I want a one-click solution, please don't be tired to say other long-distance solutions.

Thank…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Export  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Warning before file overwrite

New export interface overwrites existing files (like earlier export versions) with no warning.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. h264/hevc exports still broken on Apple silicon (22.5)

When exporting to h264 and hevc, clips that are from a Sony cam and encoded H.264/MPEG-4 AVC Long GOP High Profile 4:2:0 Unconstrained Coding, rec 709, every 12th frame of the 23.97 source clip has flattened color, as if the color profile was deactivated just for that frame.
    But oddly, this does not affect clips from the same camera that were shot in the S-Log3 Cine color profile.
    Workaround: this problem does not occur if I export to ProRes instead.

macOS 12.4, M1 Ultra, Premiere Pro 22.5

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Export  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. More options for creating EDL's

While most people seem to be taking XML's for sending projects to resolve or whatever, I still would really love to see more EDL options in Premiere.

The reason being is that they are INCREDIBLY useful for creating documents for production. I've had to work on Avid for a project recently and the amount of options Avid gives you for EDL's was such a tremendous help and it's killing me that premiere doesn't have the same options, such as

1.) No limit on the number of audio and video tracks that can be exported

2.) being able to export frames…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Export  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. decimal naming

Filename not preserved when exporting. This is probably to do with the horrid new export window, but we use versions with decimals, so a sequence would have "video_v3.1" for example. The old behavior would be, upon exporting the filename would reflect EXACTLY the sequence name. But with the new export setup, Premiere is nuking the ".1" from the name and just converting it to "v3". Therefore requiring manual input to add the decimal back in.
    Why ?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Export Freezes

I'm exporting a 50 minute video and the export freezes at 14 mintues remaining. I have tried restarting my computer but it's still having this issue. I'm not sure if it's the update but is anyone else having this problem? Before it worked fine, even when I uploaded hour-long videos.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. set project-level destinations.

When creating a new destination in the export window can it not be sequence specific but at least project specific and even better user specific. I would to set up multiple destinations and see those destinations in all my projects

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Export Tool part2

We're finding the new Export tool has more issues which are driving us mad. We edit on PCs with 48 gig ram, GTX 3060s, fast solid state drives plus multithread i7s etc and they worked fine with pre 22 versions of PP.

Now the following issues occur all the time:

1. The export window stubbornly spreads over two screens and it is impossible to find a way of enforcing it to open on a single screen. This means buttons are far left or very far right. Madness. We do NOT edit on single screen laptops.

2. With the regular export tool, one…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Please index files and videos when choosing location in the export screen

When you click on the Location tab in the export window, the explorer window does not index any other file (folders only). I usually like to see what draft I'm up to in the export, and change the file name to the next draft number in sequence, but since the new update, no other videos or files display in the explorer tab when selecting a new location.

I can't see what draft I'm up to, or what the file names are (usually different to the premiere sequence)

(Windows 10 pro)

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Bug: The Export MPG2-DVD setting is not working properly. It produces an out of focus video file.

I am using Pr Version 23.0.0 to produce files to use in Encore and the result was terrible. I can produce a H.264 file that is perfect. Going back to the Export function when I changed the Format from H.264 to MPG2-DVD the picture on the Export screen got blurry and the video it produces is also blurry. The workaround for this project was to export an MP4 file on Pr V23, reinstall Pr V22 and produce the DVD files using Pr V22. Until Pr V23 is fixed I will have to build and edit projects on Pr V22 and…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Bug in export window V22.6.2 - variable bitrate input

When setting variable bitrates the new export window seems to round digits to whole values, I.e. if I input 2.55mbps manually, the value will automatically change to 3mbps. The only way to make fine adjustments is with the slider which is incredibly clunky and hard to control.

I need to be able to precisely control the bitrate so I can deliver specific file sizes for my clients online output. Previous versions of premiere have worked fine in this regard.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. show files in media export tool file requester dialog

In Premiere 22.3 and 22.3.1 Media Export interface, when you click on "location" to select the file destination, you can no longer see the existing files in the pop-up Windows file requester dialog. In the previous iteration of the export tool, you could always see the existing files. It was so convenient to be able to click on a file to over-write, or to click on a file to duplicate and modify a file name. Currently, there is no way to see what files you have already created without separately spending time opening the location directly in Windows.

Please add…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Setting of the target bitrate

Until recently the export function allowed entering an exact value for the Target Bitrate and thus controlling the estimated file size; now APP rounds all values automatically (unlike the Media Encoder). Please restore the former way of setting. And updating the Estimated file size when changing a parameter would be very helpful.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Trying to Export video only- get complaint : "Must have 1 media stream" - WHAA?

This feels like a BUG. I attempt to export ProRes422 video, from 1 track, including live action shot followed by a Photoshop nest graphic animation with six layers.

When I leave Edit mode for Export mode, and tell it were to land, I then click AUDIO OFF, then I get this "need 1 media stream" annoyance.

Unexpected behavior.

Best, as always,
    Loren

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. H264 export results in skipped frames on M1 Max for both software and hardware encoding

Using an M1 Max 64gb MacBook Pro with Premiere Pro 22.2 running on Apple Silicon creates weird skipped frames and frame hold on a simple export of a clip from a longer video.

The same clip exports fine on an Intel iMac running Premiere 2020, so this is definitely more issues with H264 encoding on the M1 Max.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Export tab playhead behaviour

Prior to V22, hitting CTRL+ALT+M would bring up the 'Export Window'. The playhead of the export window would reflect the most recent position of the playhead in your project timeline.

In V22 and beyond, the playhead of the new Export Window preview is now independent of the playhead in the project timeline. If you primarily export 'Source In/Out', this means the preview frame in the export tab is often nowhere near the segment you are currently trying to export, and must be manually moved.

I propose the addition of a simple setting:

Export Playhead Behavior:
    -Independent (current default behaviour; playhead…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base