Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. AAF Export ??

support AAF export in PPro silicon version (nothing in 22.2.0 beta)
    Impossible for us to send to studio mixing

83 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

47 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi all, 

A quick update from me, the product manager responsible for AAF. We are still working on making AAF work with Apple silicon Mac when Premiere Pro is running in native mode. I don't have a date to share yet but I will update this post as soon as I do. As a reminder, AAF export works when Premiere Pro is running using Rosetta. I do know how annoying that is, so it's definitely important for us to complete the work to make AAF native on Apple silicon. We're close. 

Regards,

Fergus

2. New Export Page: Lots of problems sorry!

Not sure what the new export page is trying to achieve (we don't use Resolve because of its tabbed interface) but please fix the following...

Allow keyboard entry in all drop-downs so we can hit 'q' for quicktime or the first letter of a custom preset for example.

Remember previous settings per timeline as per the previous export window. Again, why create extra work? UPDATE: I have one project which never remembers the last export setting but another which does. Maybe the one that doesn't was created in an older version but I'm not 100% if this is…

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. The "new" export window stolen badly right out of Davinci is terrible. Fix browse window

We need the export browsing window to be file brose, not folder browse. You never export a file with the sequence name. You click the previous already rendered version, increase the version number and press Enter. Now I have to open a Widnows Explorer window, copy the file name, go back to premiere, paste it, change it, EVERY. ****. FIVE. MINUTES!!!!!! This the absolute worst 'innovation' i have seen in a while and believe me I've seen what Autodesk has been doing in that regard. You just put everything out of reach instead of making it streamlined. Why do

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. FIX the bug of audio missing from export

When exporting a video sequence premiere randomly leaves out part of the audio. Those part were not muted, but in the same channel and of the same kind of other parts exported fine, not even cut: so for instance you have a talker that randomly get the voice silent.
    This is a big reliability issue, because there is no correspondence of what you have on timeline and what you are going to have on final export. This happens on different machines and happened also with previous versions of Premiere different from this one at moment of writing 15.4.1 (build 4).…

61 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

82 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Rename and choose location for export at the same time

In this version we have to put the name of the file and then choose the location. Before we could do both things at the same time. We loose precisous time remember how many versions we had before ect. We need to be able to do that. I loose many secondes on each exports. Its precious time

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. BUG (v15.4.1) - h264 encodes are poor quality on M1 MacMini

h264 exports done on an M1 MacMini show significantly more compression artefacts than those done on non-M1 hardware. In investigating the problem I noticed that the file sizes are significantly smaller than expected and digging into the export shows that the resultant bitrate is only around 60% of what it should be. This is across all the built-in presets that use single-pass h264 hardware encoding as well as any custom ones. To prove the point I encoded the same file on several platforms, (both Mac and PC), with several export presets. See the attached file that shows the results.

h264…

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

43 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. The new "export" window for Premiere is inefficient and doesn't work at times.

If you're not willing to go back to the old export window which worked great (don't know why you try to fix something that isn't broken), bring back tabs to click between, this scrolling and clicking "more" to get to the settings you need is ridiculous, and especially when it reverts your set and saved preset back to "Match Source" randomly and each time you start a new project.

On top of that, you can't see previously exported files (or any files) when you're finding the location to save your file in? Now I can't see what files are in…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. ISSUE - Poor hardware encoding quality - Mac M1 PRO chip

The quality of exporting from Premiere Pro using hardware encoding on the new MacBook Pro with M1 PRO chip is extremely poor. I've tried exporting with multiple different projects and footage but the quality when exporting with hardware encoding is pixelated and blurred - the file size is also significantly smaller than the estimated file size.

There is no issue with software encoding and footage is as expected.

I've tried Premiere Pro 2022 and also gone back to 2021 and tried opening with Rosetta instead, still hardware encoding into H264 is extremely poor quality with file sizes less than half…

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Bug when exporting OMF or AAF when Music Remix is on a track

With Premiere v22, if you have a track with Music Remix; Exporting an OMF results in a zero kb OMF and exporting as AAF results in a hard crash. "serious error".

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Disable/Enable Toggle for Appending of Filename When Publishing

In version 22.3, the text " _Vimeo ", " _YouTube ", " _Facebook ", etc. are appended to the output filenames when using the Publish features.
    While this naming convention can surely refine the user experience and simplify the process, it should be optional. In terms of batch exporting/publishing, removing this text from the title is time-consuming and tedious.
    An option to disable/enable this feature for those who may or may not need it only seems logical.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 2022.3 Time Tuner Devastating Change!

My job is to slow down .wav files 4.27% to sync with video clips for International Distribution. I have been using the Time Tuner tab in the Export Tool to accomplish this perfectly. Pitch is maintained, Length is as close to exact as I need down to the Sample and Millisecond.

In version 2022.3, I load my previous preset which displays 4.269999999999996. I select the box and want to change it to 4.27 and all I get is the 4 making my audio 5 seconds short and obviously not in sync.

Until this is fixed, I cannot use 2022.3 as…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Random crash when exporting a project to Final Cut Pro XML with VST3 plug-ins

Windows 10
    Premiere Pro 22.3.1 (Build 2)

Premiere Pro randomly crashes when a project containing one (or more) VST3 plug-ins is exported to Final Cut Pro XML.

How to reproduce it:

• Add a VST3 plug-in to an audio clip;
    • Select file -> export -> Final Cut Pro XML;
    • (get a Translation Report warning about the effect not being translated, should be harmless);
    • get a random crash after a while.

The crash is non-deterministic: sometimes it happens right away, sometimes after Premiere is sent to background below another app, sometimes after I delete the XML file manually.

The crash occurs also…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  4 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Relative Export Paths PLEASE!

The fact that Pr always defaults to the last export location, regardless of which project is exported from, is completely illogical. Why would a user ever want to export Project B's sequence into the last used export folder if that folder belongs to Project A, for example? (see illustration 1)

There are already about a half dozen FRs that ask for this to be fixed, however since they only offer half baked solutions, I'm posting a new FR, offering a full fledged solution.

The solution is simple:
    Provide a new 'Export' tab in the Preferences window that allows users to…

191 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Bug: New export page slow & unresponsive in Premiere Pro 22.0 Version 22.3.0 (build 121)

PP 22.0 export page is slow and often unresponsive. Editing, composting, rendering effects ... all working fine. Use the Control + M command to export and no response. Restart the app, select the new export tab and the export window appears. With patience, you can select settings, but painfully SLOW. Successful export in sequence preview settings (UHD ProRes422HQ). Running on Windows 10 Pro Ver 10.0.19043, i9-7900X CPU 10 core, 64 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Interlaced broadcast exports have severe errors on M1 macs. Even the beta versions of premiere and media encoder have the same problem.

Interlaced exports from both Premiere and Media Encoder suffer from severe encoding problems with M1 Apple Silicon macs. The resulting files have tons of encoding errors like green blocks, entire white screens, skipped or doubled frames, to name a few.

The exact same project on a Intel based mac has zero export problems.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Heavy artifacts when exporting from to h264 on MacBook Pro M1 Pro

Issues when exporting in h264 using a MacBook Pro M1.
    Timeline is mainly footage in h264/h265.

The same problem doesn't occur on other machines (PC or intel-based MacBook Pro)

This seems to be an ongoing issue for many people.

Maximum render quality doesn't fix it
    Premiere 22.4.0 (beta) doesn't fix it either.

Please solve this as soon as possible.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Export a timeline as a Individual Clips

Hello Everyone,

I am editing videos for stock footages. I collect the shots I took and then put them on the timeline, I export them after editing, but I have to export them one by one, it's a waste of time. If the videos in the entire timeline were automatically named and exported with one click, as in the Davinci program (individual clips), it will be easier for me and those who do stock video work, and they will not think about switching to Davinci. I want a one-click solution, please don't be tired to say other long-distance solutions.

Thank…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Export Freezes

I'm exporting a 50 minute video and the export freezes at 14 mintues remaining. I have tried restarting my computer but it's still having this issue. I'm not sure if it's the update but is anyone else having this problem? Before it worked fine, even when I uploaded hour-long videos.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Please index files and videos when choosing location in the export screen

When you click on the Location tab in the export window, the explorer window does not index any other file (folders only). I usually like to see what draft I'm up to in the export, and change the file name to the next draft number in sequence, but since the new update, no other videos or files display in the explorer tab when selecting a new location.

I can't see what draft I'm up to, or what the file names are (usually different to the premiere sequence)

(Windows 10 pro)

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Colour space information in XML

Adding colour space information into the XML to be able to create useful reports on the camera tagged colour space used in a sequence.

This will also help in passing this information between grading applications.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 44 45
  • Don't see your idea?