Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Relative Export Paths PLEASE!

The fact that Pr always defaults to the last export location, regardless of which project is exported from, is completely illogical. Why would a user ever want to export Project B's sequence into the last used export folder if that folder belongs to Project A, for example? (see illustration 1)

There are already about a half dozen FRs that ask for this to be fixed, however since they only offer half baked solutions, I'm posting a new FR, offering a full fledged solution.

The solution is simple:
    Provide a new 'Export' tab in the Preferences window that allows users to…

132 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

20 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. exporting option into a word doc for transcriptions

I wanted to export my transcript in an editable form such as notepad or word doc. Am I missing how to do this? I don't know how to open a .prtranscript file and can't find anything on it. I want to be able to take the script out of premiere and make changes.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Present an error message before output when a Warp Stabilizer watermark is on a clip

If you have altered a clip with the Warp Stabilier and your clip now has a Warp Stabilizer "Frame not analyzed" watermark warning, Premiere Pro should warn the editor this is there before and output. This would avoid this watermarked shot being rendered into an export before the editor could fix it.

In fact any undesirable thing like a watermark banner should be presented to the editor before an export. In the end I would rather have a shot export WITHOUT the Warp Stablizer at all than to have it export with a watermark.

80 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. h264 NAS

Bug report: After upgrading to Premiere v15, exporting an H264 file from either Premiere or Media Encoder to my NAS creates a file which the program claims exported successfully, but actually creates a glitched file. At some point in the file, the audio will drop out, and the video will freeze on a single frame, which will remain on screen for the rest of the duration.

Exporting a quicktime file to my NAS doesn't cause this problem, and exporting an H264 file to my internal harddrive doesn't cause this problem, so there's only an issue with the combination of encoding…

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  30 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. BUG (v15.4.1) - h264 encodes are poor quality on M1 MacMini

h264 exports done on an M1 MacMini show significantly more compression artefacts than those done on non-M1 hardware. In investigating the problem I noticed that the file sizes are significantly smaller than expected and digging into the export shows that the resultant bitrate is only around 60% of what it should be. This is across all the built-in presets that use single-pass h264 hardware encoding as well as any custom ones. To prove the point I encoded the same file on several platforms, (both Mac and PC), with several export presets. See the attached file that shows the results.

h264…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Use Previews not working Premiere 2021

My whole timeline's previews are rendered using ProRes 422 HQ and no matter what I export or how, it's rendering everything again making my exports really slow. It's getting hard to explain this to clients.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. FIX the bug of audio missing from export

When exporting a video sequence premiere randomly leaves out part of the audio. Those part were not muted, but in the same channel and of the same kind of other parts exported fine, not even cut: so for instance you have a talker that randomly get the voice silent.
    This is a big reliability issue, because there is no correspondence of what you have on timeline and what you are going to have on final export. This happens on different machines and happened also with previous versions of Premiere different from this one at moment of writing 15.4.1 (build 4).…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Embedded Captions are way out-of-sync on MXF OP1a exports

Embedded captions are severely out of sync when exporting for broadcast delivery

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Bug report when exporting mp4 H264 to network drive on MAC

I always deliver an MXF for broadcast and an mp4 (h264) for the client of there advertising video. For years I export both directly to a mac mini on my network. From there clients and broadcasters fetch them. Since the latest update, the mp4 export through media encoder never makes a complete file, the last 5 seconds are corrupted. Media encoder declares the file as done without issues. The MXF file is still perfect when exported directly to the network. It would be nice if it worked as it did in previous versions.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Export issue when you ADD FRAME HOLD for a graphic (Premiere pro Mac M1 version)

I recently upgraded to Mac M1 updated version of Premiere pro... works like a jiffy now.
    Found out this problem recently which happens in few exports...
    When I use a text animation graphic... and use ADD FRAME HOLD feature to extend the text all thru the timeline..... while working on premiere pro it doesn't show any issue... but once you export the video... there are duplicate images coming in the exported video (SCREENSHOT ENCLOSED).

The only work around I found for time being was to remove ADD FRAME HOLD portion of the Text graphic... and then COPY PASTE the graphic…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Bug: Using Export Frame on clips with proxies (even if proxies not toggled), results in low res JPGs

Using Export Frame on any clip with a proxy attached (even if proxies not active) results in JPGs and PNGs in the proxy-resolution. This seems to happen at random.

During some troubleshooting, oddly it seemed to matter which window (ie Program, Timeline, etc..) was active (highlighted in blue) but this actually reversed between different projects, and ultimately using Export Frame results in low-res and full-res frame grabs at random.

Clips that don't have proxies don't seem to have this issue.

Native media in my examples were .mxf and .mp4

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Fix glitchy exported video with braw on apple m1 processor

Fix blackmagic raw Footage from glitching when exported.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Use Previews not working in Premiere Pro 2021 (15.2)

The "Use previews" option in Premiere Pro 2021 (v15.2) on MacOS doesn't work in all cases. It seems to work when exporting in the same codec as the timeline, however, if I export a rendered ProRes timeline with loads of effects in MP4, Premiere don't use the previews to convert to MP4, instead it all re-renders the effects to export to MP4. Very annoying and it wasn't the case in Premiere 2020

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Bug: Audio exported from Premiere Pro 2021 via Final Cut Pro XML

I've encountered a consistently repeatable bug with Final Cut Pro XML imports.

For some reason this only applies to NEW 2021 projects, I've tried both 15.1 and 15.4 and both versions have the bug. Any project created in Premiere Pro 2019 and then opened in 2021 will export fine to XML.

However if you create a new project in 2021, drag an mp4 to the project, and then right click and create a new timeline from the mp4 file, then make 10-20 cuts (unlinking the video and audio may or may not make a difference - have not tested, many…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve followed the guidance you’ve posted, and can create no problematic XML files. From QE:

We’ve tried variations of linked or not and different types of cuts and slip edits, and they always came back in perfectly via XML whether I imported or did Open Project like the user suggested. 

Can you provide a project, and step-by-step instructions on how to reliably reproduce the problem you’re seeing?

15. Export bitrate type to set value

I'd like to get back the ability to type the bitrate settings accurately, rather than having to use a slider to get to a 'thereabouts' number, which is slower and less accurate when given specific stats to comply with.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. several errors and glitches on premiere pro 2021 (written on description)

Hello, I would like to report several errors and glitches coming up on this new version that had never happened before to me.

List of errors:

-error code 1609629690

-error compiling movie

-export error

-error completing render

-Unable to create image buffer

-Crashes the computer

I am using the same computer, same settings that I have used on all the previous versions and never had these errors that are making 1 hour work into 4 days work (literally).

I recommend adobe to stop suggesting the upgrade until all the known errors are fixed.

The support team could not fix these…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Premiere Pro is exporting with black bars when I select YouTube 4K

We really appreciate the power of Adobe Premiere Pro, but when exporting media in the preset of YouTube 4K Ultra, or any preset for that matter, the video has these black bars at the top and bottom. The only way to get rid of those black bars is to select "Stretch to Fill", BUT my lower thirds are moved out of place and look terrible. Please, PLEASE fix this issue, because re-adjusting every image, lower third or title takes a long time to fix. Thank you for listening!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Consolidate and Transcode is not consolidating nor transcoding MXF (PPro 14.4.0, b38, Mojave)

It says that "some clips have frame sizes, rates, field or aspect ratio differing from the selected preset" while they're absolutely identical
    (I'd attach a screenshot, alas "Sorry, we couldn't submit your request").

Also, what's the POINT of transcoding, if one can't convert stuff freely??

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Project Manager - Consolidate and Transcode is not consolidating nor transcoding MXF to H264 (PPro 14.4.0, b38, Mojave)

It says that "some clips have frame sizes, rates, field or aspect ratio differing from the selected preset" while they're absolutely identical (see the screenshots please).

Also, what's the POINT of transcoding, if one can't convert stuff freely??

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Exporting a sequence to a file doesn't follow sequence name

I have a big problem with the new way that the Export window is working by only updating the output filename manually. I have a project with 13 episodes. Each episode is a different sequence with a carefully written name. I expect that when I export a sequence that it will create a filename with that same name as the sequence or at least something close to it with a version number. Instead, they all come out with Episode 1's name with 1111 etc as a method of weird versioning. Can we please go back to the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 34 35
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base