Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add shadows to images-from-file

The previous (now legacy) titler, allowed for shadows under images from file.... this is not possible with essential graphics.

Please add it. Drop shadows are very important for readability, and too many logos/graphics include text that I cannot add a drop shadow to.

Thanks.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Selecting Title graphics crash PP

The only way to use title graphics in PP now is for me to create the title effect then immediately nest and render it. Otherwise, the program crashes the moment the title graphic clip is selected.

Please fix this bug.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Stroke blur in essential graphics.

We need more options for color, strokes and shadows in essential graphics

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Essential Graphics text asset causing Premiere to freeze.

Essential Graphics text asset causing Premiere to freeze.

I created a simple text template in the AE, via the Essential Graphics panel, containing a texture (.png) and a layer of text with luma matte.

The template included scale and position controls for both the texture and text layer.

Applying the asset (Motion Graphics Template Media) in a Premiere sequence is editable and responsive for the first few actions, but soon causes the application to freeze.

I tried limiting the use of position controls, and resizing and trying different formats of the still image, but Premiere still crashes under every circumstance.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Essential graphics panel crashes - Low level exception

I have a recurring bug. Windows 10 Pro, 12.1 - updated today - Premiere. EVGA Geforce GTX 980 Ti

I was going to show you how slow EGP is when typing in text, it lags by more and more seconds until I'm watching my letters appears about 10 seconds after I typed them. Co-incidentally it crashed as I was recording it. It does this multiple times a day. Footage is MTS files

Type: MPEG Movie
    File Size: 3.99 GB
    Image Size: 1920 x 1080
    Frame Rate: 25.00
    Source Audio Format: 48000 Hz - compressed - 6 channels
    Project Audio Format:…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Retain markers when importing responsive time .mogrts

Would be VERY helpful if premiere retained protected region markers or gave some other visual indication of protected regions when importing responsive time .mogrt files.

This would help editors know where to trim a clip if they wanted to remove one of the transitions.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Share Essential Graphics

Have the ability for text to be 'shared' across multiple timelines, like with legacy title. So you could have text in timeline A and you can copy and paste the text into timeline B and C, then if you changed text in timeline A (eg spelling mistake or colour change) it would auto-update in timeline B and C because it is the same text file.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Feature Request: Add Legacy title tool functionality into Essential Graphics

If Legacy title tool is going away, please add it's functionality to the essential graphics panel. I'm a very avid user of the legacy title tool and I find that I'm infinitely more proficient and efficient when using the legacy title tool vs the essential graphics panel.

If adobe is going to force us users to switch to the Essential graphics panel in future updates, I would great appreciate some of the key functionality of the legacy title tool being implemented into the essential graphics tool.

Specific features:
    - In Legacy Titler (LT), the user has a line tool to…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Rounded Rectangle tool (or option to modify a standard rectangle after the fact)

I want to be able to draw a box with rounded corners. I'd also like to be able to adjust the amount of rounding.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. FOLDERS IN ESSENTIAL GRAPHICS PREMIERE PRO

Add the possibility of adding Folders/Bins inside the Essential Graphics Panel in Premiere Pro just like in the Effects Panel

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. BUG REPORT - Essential Graphics crash when editing

When trying to make an edit on an essential graphics template, any attempt to edit text results in a freeze in the program monitor, followed by a crash of the software. Shouldn't have to restart a project 6 times trying to edit one sentence.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Audio spectrum for .mogrt

When creating soundwaves with the audio spectrum effect in After Effects, and including this in a .MOGRT, I would like to have the option of selecting audio layer from within Premiere Pro.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Essential graphic disappears

I use Premiere Pro 2020.
    After adding an essential graphic and change color and text, "Graphic" works. However, when I reoppen the project it completely disappears...
    Same problem with captions also: caption completely disappears and I cannot bring it back... HUGE PROBLEM. The project I worked for days turned into garbage.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Rolling titles in new graphics is a nightmare

It's really hard to use the type tool. I'm trying to select text to make it bold and the cursor will select text rows below instead of what im clicking on. Also the Command - B shortcut does not work to make text bold.. you have to select it on the side bar. That's a step backwards. I've tried editing in another text editor then pasting into premiere but essential graphics completely deletes any sizing or bolding I made. it just makes it all one font (not the one i've chosen). It defaults to aligning to the right when My credits were centered in…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. text edit similar to other Adobe tools

Great start having multiple elements in a single graphic element but can the text edit tool be more like Indesign? It is APPALLINGLY slow to editing anything longer than a few lines.
    Suggestions:
    *a hint that text is flowed out of the text box.
    * paragraph styles and character styles. Currently you apply a style and the whole box is styled like that. Useless when you have a huge list of text to format.
    * an environment that is fast to edit. even if you have to click a "render" button.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Unknown error while loading the motion graphics template

After Effects version : 17.0.6
    Premiere Pro version : 14.1

I updated Premiere Pro and AE recently and started getting the error "Unknown error while loading the motion graphics template" when I tried to add an Essential Graphics template I made in After Effects to my sequence.

Template was made in a previous version, so I exported it again with the latest AE. Still getting that error, and it does it for every template I create.

I proceeded with a complete uninstall of Premiere Pro and AE, but it kept giving me an error after I installed them back.

I…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Color Picker inaccurate with MOGRT

I've been testing the ability to easily make Color Palattes available to our editors in Premiere Pro. One option is to look at the colors in the library, and manually type in the hexcode associated (since we can not use the eyedropper to select the colors from the Library). This is inefficient, so I have tried a second method. I created a mogrt that displays the 10 colors as squares. This would work great since its an easy overlay in our program monitor that could be referenced EXCEPT the colors are inaccurate! I've made sure my AE project is in…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. paste attributes from the essential graphics effect

copy / paste effects by parameter from one essential graphics module to the other/others if the amount of controls match

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. BUG : Responsive Design does not work on video layers in graphics panel premiere pro 2019

System: Mac Pro (mid 2012) Mac OS ver 10.13.6 (17G8030)
    Premiere Pro 2019 ver 13.1.2 (Build 9)
    GPU: Nvidia Quadro K5000

Bug: In premiere pro when creating a graphic in the graphics panel and I add responsive design intro and outro durations and then add video layer to the edit panels layers. The text and shape layers have responsive design but the video layer does not.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This sounds like a problem we could fix relatively easily if we can get it to happen internally. But looking at your screenshot and your description, there is some missing info. Specifically:

(1) I can see the into / outro values in the EGP for your selected Graphic. But that does not tell me what about your motion design is not happening for the clip layer, but is happening for your shape and text layer.

(2) You mentioned “add video layer to the edit panels layers”. I assume you mean drag and drop a video clip from Project Panel to the Essential Graphics Panel’s layer stack, correct? Also, is it necessary to drop the video clip into the Layers pane AFTER you’ve added Into /Outro values to the whole Graphic?

(3) Any other steps you did that might help me repro the problem too?

20. Add reset Speed option to those MoGRTs that have responsive design time

the Idea:
    If speed was changed by dragging the MoGRT's corners than there should be a reset speed change and would be useful a visual cue to see the exact percentage change.

description of the problem:
    right now when you Alt+drag a new MoGRT over exited on the timeline, whose speed was changed, the new one doesn't inherit those speed changes and cuts the end animation of the MoGRT(in case it was speeded up)

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base