Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Premiere CC 2019 problem with Text graphics cannot edit text

updated to CC 2019 on Windows. When i use Text tool I cannot select or highlight individual text. I also cannot see my cursor or see any bounding box when editing text, and therefore cannot change font size or color on specific text (because i can't highlight or select anything). Does anyone else have this issue? Need help as it's quite urgent. Thanks

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

30 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add Guide Layer Option for Premiere Pro

Similarly to After Effects, I would like the option to turn a layer into a guide layer that doesn't render. Immensely helpful for during a review process where a client doesn't want to see a bug, but allows for proper graphic build and layout design without having to remember to turn on/off the bug layer on each review export.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. adaptive caption background

Please reinstate adaptive caption background length. The change to a static background length, determined by the longest line, has suddenly made any videos we produce with Premiere Pro inconsistent with all of our previous work. Like, overnight Adobe has forced our brand look to change. Please revert or give the user a choice.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow replaceable images in motion graphics templates

It would be very useful to be able to have a placeholder image for a template that can be replaced from Premiere.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add Curved Corners to Text Backgrounds (to look like TikTok text)

I'd like to create TikTok videos fully in Premiere Pro or Rush, but the text is a dead give away that the video was not produced within the app. Can you add the ability to round the corners on the text backgrounds so it looks like the text in TikTok? Would be great if you can create Essential Graphics templates that allow you to add Instagram and TikTok text fonts and styles.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. essential graphics folders

Please bring back the ability to organize the Essential Graphics tab (in the user interface) with folders! When it used frequently, it turns into a huge mess and it is difficult to find specific templates.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Sync and update .mogrt templates when changes are saved in After effects

If a client requires design changes for graphics templates that are already used in an edit, the current workflow is prohibitively tedious.
    You currently not only have to reinstall the template, you have to replace every existing instance in your edit, AND re-do ALL your edits to each one.

This makes the entire process meaningless, and might as well go back to creating individual graphics in AE.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Adjustment layers in After Effects authored mogrt files.

For titles or graphics that sit on footage, I often apply tints, blurs and other effects to obscure the background image.

Currently, as I understand, adjustment layers do not have an effect on media outside of the mogrt.

It would be fantastic if we could include adjustment layers in AE authored mogrt files, which then effect the footage on layers below when used in Premiere.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Emoji support in motion graphics templates

We love the essential graphics template feature, however our creators are very keen to put emojis into the editable text fields, and mix emojis with standard characters. Currently, the emojis never render for us (on Macs, not sure if different on Windows), it just leaves a space where an emoji character has been entered.

It would be great to support emojis in these text fields, as the videos we create are primarily designed for social media and an audience that increasingly communicates with emojis.

We're not fussed which emoji font is used for those characters - choosing a specific emoji…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Panel to cut and paste text

A panel that holds text (from documents, etc.) so it is easier to copy, paste text into graphics while working in Premiere (and for that matter After Effects) Unless I am missing something, I have to go back and forth from my open doc to premiere, back to the doc, etc.,etc to do that.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Polygon tool

Premiere Pro should have a polygon tool like in Illustrator, in addition to the rectangle, ellipse, and pen tools.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow user to organize ES with categorized sub-folders

Easily create Library categories inside of Premiere like "Lower Thirds, Overlays, Full Screen, 1-Line, 2-Line, Multi-line," etc., instead of scrolling through a mass amount of layouts that aren't what I'm looking for. If I know I need to put "We guarantee your satisfaction on all of our products," I would want to look inside a sub-library called something like (3-4 line text). Or, if I just needed a name key, "David Jones, Business Owner," I could compile all the 1-2 line text MOGRTs into a folder called "Name Keys."

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  3 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Improved Motion Graphics Templates Text

There has been good development on motion graphics templates, which has been very useful for me! However, one thing that continues to be a pain in my neck is the lack of multi-line text boxes on the Premiere Pro side. If I create a specific text box in After Effects with the ability to take in multiple lines, it does not translate as well in Premiere when I open it. Instead of one large text box, it converts it to multiple single fields. For small texts, this isn't a problem. But for longer text blocks that have indents and line…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Let us choose default font/style for new Essential Graphics text

At the moment it default to Minion Pro, white colour.

Let us change this in prefences, including the option to set a default fill, stroke, background, shadow etc. I make a lot of captions using Essential Graphics templates, I know you can set a Master Style but then this needs to be brough into every project. Just let us select a Master Style as the global default.

Thanks

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Essential Graphics Panel/Titler - how to bridge the gap and improve titling (proposal)

I like the concept of the essential graphics panel but at the moment it is very basic compared to the legacy titler (that I love because it allows a great deal of customization). The reason I always preferred Premiere Pro to others is the depth of customization possible because I like to create my own graphics, animations etc.
    Now, I was thinking at a solution to bridge the gap between the new essential graphics panel and the beloved titler:

1. Adding the features lost in the essential graphics panel in particoular: a) add all the "fill types" for text and strokes…
    8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  5 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Manual Kerning Not Working

Manual kerning (using option + arrow key) is no longer working in Adobe Premiere 2018. Please fix. This is essential for character spacing and very time consuming to not have working.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add support for different fonts and small caps within text in MOGRTs

We need a more complete set of styling options for Motion Graphics Templates. Most importantly, we need to be able to change fonts and add small caps within text, so that words can be emphasized with font weight and italics. These are often necessary for quotation templates because there may be things that require italicization, such as book titles. Also there can be a need to small caps some words, like the Hebrew tetragrammaton "LORD" in religious programming. These should load true small caps if the font includes them.

Those are the things we really need. Being able to change…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Captions Customizability V15.0

I'd love the ability to add an effect to the captions layer (C1) to add a drop shadow. Currently, I can add a drop shadow to the text, which then creates separation from the colored background, but I can't choose the ordering to put the drop shadow in the back.

I am also repeating some other posts here requesting separate lines for captions, rather than a bigger BG that encompasses the entire text.

Forum Post with Example;
    https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/captions-customizability-v15-0/m-p/11902110#M335168

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Currently captions cannot go beyond safe margins

Please make it flexible for the editor to move the auto transcripted caption layer beyond the safe margins.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base