Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Single-element text layers should import to AE as layers, not precomps.

(I was told by the AE team that Premiere was actually the place to address this.)

When importing a Premiere timeline with text layers into AE, all text layers, even those with a single piece of text with default settings, comes into AE as an untrimmed precomp, which is extremely tedious to work with. I understand that graphics elements like this essentially are comps in Premiere already, but it's be delightful if there were a way to extract that info to make the push to AE more user-friendly.

7 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. The Pen tool (P) can not be used as in PS or AE to manipulate the vertices and handles of a shape

The Pen tool (P) cannot be used as in PS or AE to manipulate the vertices and handles of a shape, we should be able to manipulate the handles separately.

This only works for masking

To create Bezier shapes, you convert a vertex point on a mask to a Bezier point by pressing the Alt key while placing the cursor over the vertex point. The cursor becomes an inverted "V" shape . Then, click and release the pointer.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  2 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Option to display MOGRT file names in Essential Graphics/Libraries Panels

It would be great if users could choose which MOGRT template names appear in Premiere Pro's Essential Graphics and Libraries panels:

Option 1 (the currently used method in PP): the name displayed is the MOGRT name that was given to the template within After Effects when it was created.

Option 2 (new method): the name displayed is the templates file name.

Most MOGRT templates that are sold/downloaded from the internet come with non-descriptive, lousy names such as 'Title 1', 'Title 2', etc. Files are very easy to rename in Windows/MacOS since there's a slew of batch renaming apps available. Renaming…

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Captions, Graphics & Titles woes

I'm not sure what is happening in the Backround at Adobe Universe. Title Tool in Premiere Pro was alsways a Kind of "Kindergarten" playground for developers and they never got it right. Now we have "Graphics" and some "Leagcy Title". I guess that this time developers and engineers at Adobe failed again to get this thing right. Working with Captions (Tool) is a nightmare failing to provide the right toolset and editing capabilities (Font editing, Spacing and so on), so this one is counting out absolutely.
    Heading over to the Graphics section, trying out to create captions there. Starting with…

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Bigger font preview size options (like in Photoshop)

Photoshop has an option in Preferences -> Interface -> UI Font Size (tiny, small, medium, large) to change preview font sizes.

Why doesn't Premiere?

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. copy keyframes in essential graphics

It would be great to be able to copy opacity keyframes in essential graphics. What i'm trying to do is create multiple lines of text within the essential graphics panel. If i want to fade in the first one i can make the opacity keyframes go from 0 to 100 to fade it in. Now I want to copy those keyframes to the other lines of text. when i copy them they don't paste into the other lines they will only paste in the original text. It would be a great time saver to be able to copy and paste…

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. scrolling fontsand blend modes please!

this would save so much time if you could audition fonts and blend modes as you scrolled

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. On Essentials Graphics file coming from AE... please include FONTS...

Please include FONTS inside Motion Graphics Template (like medias) created by AE...

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Change font in multiple titles (Like in After Effects)

A problem many of us have had for years is the inability to change font attributes en masse to a series of titles, like you can do in After Effects.

It's increasingly common in quick turnaround web content to subtitle everything. But if a producer wants to change a font, you can't just click on all of the fonts to change an attribute, like the weight of the font or kerning, all at once.

Right now if you're working in premiere you have to change each title individually, which is an incredible waste of time.

It's simple to do in…

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Interpolate between Source Text keyframes

Please add interpolation between Source Text keyframes, including kerning. (edited form original user description - see comments)

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. shift-drag vertex alignment with pen tool on shapes

Unlike AE PR is totally lacking in the ability to modify shape layer vertexes with forced horizontal or vertical alignment when using the pen tool and dragging while holding shift.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Graphics Panel Broken Font Bug Report

Premiere has a lot of default options for fonts, but sometimes I like installing fonts not found in typekit. The font I use for my company logo and branding is "Nordica Hairline" which can be found here - https://www.dafont.com/nordica.font

The font works fine in applications such as photoshop, illustrator, and after effects. However, when accessing it in the essential graphics panel, premiere seems to add an extra "A" at the end of the text box. The character is uneditable and does not go away. This problem exists in both the April update as well as the previous version. Not sure…

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Let us choose default font/style for new Essential Graphics text

At the moment it default to Minion Pro, white colour.

Let us change this in prefences, including the option to set a default fill, stroke, background, shadow etc. I make a lot of captions using Essential Graphics templates, I know you can set a Master Style but then this needs to be brough into every project. Just let us select a Master Style as the global default.

Thanks

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Permanant Thumbnail for our Videos

VOTE HERE IS YOU WANT YOUR OWN CONTROL TO SET THUMBNAIL FOR YOUR VIDEOS!!!!! DO NO SCATTER OR VOTE FOR OTHER POSTS OTHERWISE, IT GIVE THE COMPANY A REASON TO NOT ADD IT TO THERI WISH LIST.

It is obvious to me that plenty of people want to be able to set a Thumbnail in your program. I have been told that because there are not enough votes that there is not much reason to do it but do you take into account the multiple ways that people explain things? There are hundreds if not thousands of requests to be…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Need ability to copy/paste Master Text Styles across Multiple Clips please!

If you decide to make a change to the design of a text item and have multiple layers of text, you have to create a new Master Text Style and go back and apply it one by one to each layer! Would love to have Essential Graphics included in Paste Attributes, as Essential Sound is now.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Font sync problems with multi-version fonts: Unresolved

Fonts will not resolve when a font like "Bebas Neue" has so many versions. Can you please allow font substitution to at least choose the closest named font similar to the unresolved font? Why would it choose something like courier or monotype when it's no where close to the same name, family, style, or look. Especially when multiple versions of the font in question are installed in Windows 10. Please, can you fix?

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. per Character Text Features for AE MoGRTs

While Font changes are now possible, AE MoGRTs are still restricted to a single set of Font Characteristics for all text characters. Please allow discrete selection of characters for applying per character features.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. premiere pro 2019 doesn't have red bound box around text

When using title tool, text doesn't have a cursor to see where you are nor can you click the text bringing up the red box to move text freely. Worked fine on 2018, please fix, this is very essential to my use of the program.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. EGP keyboard shortcuts

There are relatively few keyboard shortcuts for the Essential Graphics Panel, the EGP.

There are a TON of k-shorts still available for the legacy Titler!

We need to have all those k-shorts used for the legacy Titler available for the EGP both for speed of general work and also to make them available to all the X-box, Orbweaver Chroma, and other such tools for faster production work. Those devices need k-shorts to be able to activate things in an app.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. MOGRT font change bug

Whenever the font is changed, the MOGRT doesn't update anymore in the timeline. It is stuck on the current frame. After the text got changed to something else it works again, but if we change it back to the first text it is stuck again. The last bit looks like a caching issue.

If the user enters its desired text first and then chooses the font he will be stuck with the frozen frame forever.

To add to this, if I use a MOGRT created with AE CC2018 the font used in the MOGRT is changed - why? There is…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base