Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add Guide Layer Option for Premiere Pro

Similarly to After Effects, I would like the option to turn a layer into a guide layer that doesn't render. Immensely helpful for during a review process where a client doesn't want to see a bug, but allows for proper graphic build and layout design without having to remember to turn on/off the bug layer on each review export.

16 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

10 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Enable keyframes in Essential Graphics templates

We have a lower third that slides in from off-screen, then slides out again. The image we use behind the text needs to change length depending on the length of the text on top of it. I tried creating a template in AE wth a slider for the X position and keyframes so it could be adjusted Premiere Pro, but t=while the slide for X position comes across with the essential GFX template, the keyframes don't. It would be great if keyframes could also be saved with the essential GFX template. There position does not have to change (though that…

16 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Preview the motion of the MOGRT inside EG panel

Hover or click a MOGRT in the panel and see the motion. It takes time to drag to sequence and scrub to see if it's what I'm wanting to use, delete, try the next, etc.

14 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Subtitle Tool/Track

I believe that DaVinci Resolve now has a Subtitle Track

It'd be brilliant if Premiere did this, so that if you adjusted the size, font or position of the subtitle track parameters it implemented the change across all text on the subtitle track.

You could also add styles to the subtitles too, such as drop shadows or boxes with Opacity settings across the board

13 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Sync and update .mogrt templates when changes are saved in After effects

If a client requires design changes for graphics templates that are already used in an edit, the current workflow is prohibitively tedious.
    You currently not only have to reinstall the template, you have to replace every existing instance in your edit, AND re-do ALL your edits to each one.

This makes the entire process meaningless, and might as well go back to creating individual graphics in AE.

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Ability to set a default font for new text in preferences/synced settings

Using latest Premiere Pro on Mac, when creating new text it currently defaults to Minion Pro font. Every time I start a new project or new editing session I change it to Arial since it's easier to read - often just using these as temporary labels when starting a project and organizing footage, not as actual title design which we do later in AE. Not a huge deal just adds another tiny bit of work that adds up over time. Would be great if I could set Arial as my default font, and also as my fallback font for when…

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Adjustment layers in After Effects authored mogrt files.

For titles or graphics that sit on footage, I often apply tints, blurs and other effects to obscure the background image.

Currently, as I understand, adjustment layers do not have an effect on media outside of the mogrt.

It would be fantastic if we could include adjustment layers in AE authored mogrt files, which then effect the footage on layers below when used in Premiere.

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Panel to cut and paste text

A panel that holds text (from documents, etc.) so it is easier to copy, paste text into graphics while working in Premiere (and for that matter After Effects) Unless I am missing something, I have to go back and forth from my open doc to premiere, back to the doc, etc.,etc to do that.

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Polygon tool

Premiere Pro should have a polygon tool like in Illustrator, in addition to the rectangle, ellipse, and pen tools.

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Emoji support in motion graphics templates

We love the essential graphics template feature, however our creators are very keen to put emojis into the editable text fields, and mix emojis with standard characters. Currently, the emojis never render for us (on Macs, not sure if different on Windows), it just leaves a space where an emoji character has been entered.

It would be great to support emojis in these text fields, as the videos we create are primarily designed for social media and an audience that increasingly communicates with emojis.

We're not fussed which emoji font is used for those characters - choosing a specific emoji…

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow user to organize ES with categorized sub-folders

Easily create Library categories inside of Premiere like "Lower Thirds, Overlays, Full Screen, 1-Line, 2-Line, Multi-line," etc., instead of scrolling through a mass amount of layouts that aren't what I'm looking for. If I know I need to put "We guarantee your satisfaction on all of our products," I would want to look inside a sub-library called something like (3-4 line text). Or, if I just needed a name key, "David Jones, Business Owner," I could compile all the 1-2 line text MOGRTs into a folder called "Name Keys."

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  3 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. essential graphics folders

Please bring back the ability to organize the Essential Graphics tab (in the user interface) with folders! When it used frequently, it turns into a huge mess and it is difficult to find specific templates.

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Improved Motion Graphics Templates Text

There has been good development on motion graphics templates, which has been very useful for me! However, one thing that continues to be a pain in my neck is the lack of multi-line text boxes on the Premiere Pro side. If I create a specific text box in After Effects with the ability to take in multiple lines, it does not translate as well in Premiere when I open it. Instead of one large text box, it converts it to multiple single fields. For small texts, this isn't a problem. But for longer text blocks that have indents and line…

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Manual Kerning Not Working

Manual kerning (using option + arrow key) is no longer working in Adobe Premiere 2018. Please fix. This is essential for character spacing and very time consuming to not have working.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Please bring back folders for essential graphics panel and an easier way to instal multiple mgrt files.

I'm dealing with a lot of motion graphics templates in my essential graphics penal and things are starting to cluster up. The mgrt files are from different sources and there is no way I can easily organize them. The search function is near useless since most of the templates have the samey generic name like "Lower Third_01", which doesn't help at all when searching for a specific style that I need.

I tried using the Libraries workaround but it's just too inconvenient.

Please Adobe please bring back the ability in Premiere Pro Essential Graphics panel to let us create user…

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  1 comment  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Essential Graphics Panel/Titler - how to bridge the gap and improve titling (proposal)

I like the concept of the essential graphics panel but at the moment it is very basic compared to the legacy titler (that I love because it allows a great deal of customization). The reason I always preferred Premiere Pro to others is the depth of customization possible because I like to create my own graphics, animations etc.
    Now, I was thinking at a solution to bridge the gap between the new essential graphics panel and the beloved titler:

1. Adding the features lost in the essential graphics panel in particoular:
      a) add all the "fill types" for text and strokes …
    7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  5 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Adding adjustment layers to layers within Essential Graphics

I am trying to have graphics over a 'frosted glass' effect. currently I build an adjustment layer to go between the video and graphic. I would like for the glass layer (adjustment layer) to be added to the essential graphic layers so I can make that responsive to grow with the size of the text.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Change Location of Essential Graphics Folder

Users should be able to change the location of the essential graphics folder. We're having about 25 workstations with different users and it's a lot of work to exchange MOGRT-Files for all the users. If the essential graphics folder would be on a server it would be much faster and easier to add and change files.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Bullet Points and Number lists when doing text in essential graphics

When formatting text it would be nice and a time saver to be able to select bullet points or number lists for the text.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base